PDA

View Full Version : Legalize Cannibas?

Cas
04-04-2005, 07:46 AM
I got a call to give an estimate the other day for some repairs to a house. The owner turned out to be the author of the book Good Medicine, Great Sex.
After looking at the issues he has with his home, we got into a pretty good coonversation about pot..grass..marijuana..dope..whatever you'd like to call it.
In that conversation, I learned a lot about the history of it as it pertained to our laws. Dave has researched it since about 1937.
I don't smoke it, tried it a few times in the past but on the most part it made my stomach spin like a top. I don't expect anyone to admit they use it but what do you think about cannibas being legalized?
I've always been on the side that it should be legal as I don't believe it's worse than alcohol. It seems to me that it makes people more "mello" than booze does.

Essex502
04-04-2005, 07:57 AM
Legalize it - then TAX it. We waste too much money trying to stop the importation and/or cultivation. Money saved. Tax it, money made. Nothing large - just a nickel or dime a pack or so.

hoolign
04-04-2005, 08:01 AM
I am all for decriminalizing it in certain quantities. ( maybe then I can get in the USA :D ) I find it a complete waste of tax payers money ..having someone charged who had a couple joints in their pocket. Regulate it the same as booze!.Alchohol is the worse of two evils!..

CARLSON-JET
04-04-2005, 08:16 AM
I am all for decriminalizing it in certain quantities. ( maybe then I can get in the USA :D ) I find it a complete waste of tax payers money ..having someone charged who had a couple joints in their pocket. Regulate it the same as booze!.Alchohol is the worse of two evils!..
I would also add importing it should have heavy restrictions/taxes.. cigaretts and alcohol kill far more poeple then the herb and IMO are far more destructive healthwise and certainly more addictive. It is sad the "Hemp"culture" has lost the battle for their rights to use their stimulant of choice.. maybe some day .. I just hate seeing rights taken away for NO aparent reason .. JMO .. R.B.

HCS
04-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Being an X big time pot smoker from the early 70's when we did nothing but smoke pot. I say legalize it.
Alcoholics can get violent and hurt people in many different ways.
If all you do is smoke pot and don't mix it with other drugs, it's basically harmless.
All the pot smokers could lay around veg and eat. :D

Jbb
04-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Dave.....Dave's not here ......man.. :D

superdave013
04-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Legalizing it would take away all the fun! :sleeping:

Todd969
04-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Not a user. Can't see any difference between this and Alcohol.

franky
04-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Not a user. Can't see any difference between this and Alcohol.
Big difference...how many fights break out because someone smoked too much pot?

HOOTER SLED-
04-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Legalize pot, prosecute bong water spillers. :)

Tremor Therapy
04-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Legalize it, tax it, then prosecute it no different than alcohol. If you are caught under the influence, same penalties. Oh, and here is a good side bar for everyone....and after you are tagged by the governement that you have bought "X" amount of dope (I would love for them to do this to cigaretter smokers as well) you will not have any medical coverage if you get lung cancer! That way my health care coverage won't have to pay for your million dollar cancer and lung transplant surgeries! Fire away!:hammerhea
Oh, and I can't wait for the "well I drive better and am more aware after a few puff's debate!"

H20Advantage
04-04-2005, 08:42 AM
Ask yourself this question. Would you want the Cop responding to your emergency to be a pot smoker or the fireman responding to your heart attack or baby not breathing? How about the teacher who teaches your kid? Who can smoke it and who cannot.
Workers comp claims would rise and insurance is already through the roof.
How about the brain surgeon or the heart surgeon. The truck driver or train driver who's reactions are now slowed and mow over your family. Many don't use mainly because it is illegal. The punishment for possession is not that severe in most cases and keeps most people away from it.
Alcohol levels deplete rather quickly and can be measured. With all the different types of pot how do you standardize the THC levels which can stay in your system for days.
IMHO it is better to stay illegal rather than legalize it. The risks are just not worth it. Go try to rationalize with someone who smokes it on a daily basis, there views tend to be a bit scewed from the realities.
Is it the worst drug out there, I don't think so but legalization would potentially cause us as a whole society more problems.
Could you imagine being in the channel and everybody smoking pot like cigarettes and then getting on their boats and driving away?
But this is just my opinion.

NOTALENT
04-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Legalize it!!! It will help with this damn deficit were in!!! correct me if im wrong but the main reason it is illegal is because they say that they cant tax it... Alcohol has worse effects the mary jane.. mary jane actually has good points to it..and tends to help alot of people..
Ask yourself this question. Would you want the Cop responding to your emergency to be a pot smoker or the fireman responding to your heart attack or baby not breathing? How about the teacher who teaches your kid? Who can smoke it and who cannot.
Would u want them to be an alcoholic???

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-04-2005, 08:56 AM
I had to say no.. legalizing it to me would give my kids and their kids the wrong impression for other drugs. to me they would think.. well If I take this enough they might make it legal.

Wicky
04-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Legalize it, tax it, then prosecute it no different than alcohol. If you are caught under the influence, same penalties. Oh, and here is a good side bar for everyone....and after you are tagged by the governement that you have bought "X" amount of dope (I would love for them to do this to cigaretter smokers as well) you will not have any medical coverage if you get lung cancer! That way my health care coverage won't have to pay for your million dollar cancer and lung transplant surgeries! Fire away!:hammerhea
Oh, and I can't wait for the "well I drive better and am more aware after a few puff's debate!"
Not sure about your driving comment but, it certainly is a pre-requisite to win gold medals in the Olympic Snowboarding and Skiing events.
Seems the "Stoned" have an unfair advantage. How come the "Stoned" have the BEST reactions and balance in this case? I think this kinda is on the same wavelength as RD's argument with alcohol. I'd definitely rather be driving next to this snowboarder than most others on L.A. freeways. They did give the gold back to the last Canadian that tested positive for THC right?
I'd say if you can win gold in an Olympic event, you have proved to me you can drive stoned.
Just curious, of all the cops on this board, how often do you haul someone off for driving under the influence of Weed (ONLY) in comparison to Alcohol?
Mow,
Wicky
This is the only way they can catch smokers in Utah...
Just a quirk from another blogger.
I leiu of the thread on the guys getting arrested at the Peruvian, I figured I'd share my story from this weekend.
So my friend and I are driving to Moab on this past Friday afternoon and about 20 miles out we see a sign saying "Drug check point ahead, drug dogs and law enfocement checkpoint 1/2 mile ahead"
So we freak, pull over and ditch the 1/8th and pipe that we had. Next thing we know, the cops pull us over and arrest me. They had 3 guys hiding in the bushes with spotting scopes and binoculars watching the reactions on our faces from the moment that we saw the sign. They let my friend go, but I had to sit in the back of the ****ing cop car for 2 hours while they waited to arrest 3 more people before taking us to the jail in Monticello. Every time that they found anything, they'd sit there and brag about it and rub it in the 'victims' faces. They created a situation that forced "probable cause", which I think was sneaky and decietful. So much for "Serve and Protect." Anyway, while I'm sitting there, I'm listening to the guys with binoculars on the radio. They're just sitting there watching the reactions on peoples faces, and if they have a cracked windshield, don't use their blinkers or just simply pull over and they observe them trying to hide anything, you're screwed. So I get booked and thrown in jail. 6 hours after I got arrested, I get bailed out. Now I owe over $1000 unless I get it knocked down, for LESS THAN AN 1/8th!!! There were kids who had less than a bowl that got the same penalty that I got. This is such bullshit. They arrested 12 people just that day, mostly kids from Fort Lewis College. Only 1 person had more than an ounce (some lady who got busted with 200 lbs....she's screwed). I hate the laws of Utah. If it would have been here in Colorado, I would have gotten a $60 ticket and had my stuff confiscated. Such crap.
P.S. Any legal advice is more than welcome. Apparently the judge in Monticello is pretty cool, so I hope that will help me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments? Just another dopehead obviously guilty?
Oh yeah, and I believe I could smoke a joint today, and be arrested for being under the influence 30 days later for traces of thc in my blood.

hoolign
04-04-2005, 08:58 AM
If he or she smoked one or two the night before ...no problem
How about the brain surgeon or the heart surgeon. The truck driver or train driver who's reactions are now slowed and mow over your family. Many don't use mainly because it is illegal. The punishment for possession is not that severe in most cases and keeps most people away from it.
What about those mentioned simply being fatiqued..Who is more alert? th eguy who drinks half a bottle or the guy who smokes a joint the night before?
Alcohol levels deplete rather quickly and can be measured. With all the different types of pot how do you standardize the THC levels which can stay in your system for days.
Actually THC is detectable in urine for up yo 30 days..a year in your hair!!
IMHO it is better to stay illegal rather than legalize it. The risks are just not worth it. Go try to rationalize with someone who smokes it on a daily basis, there views tend to be a bit scewed from the realities.
Is it the worst drug out there, I don't think so but legalization would potentially cause us as a whole society more problems.
Could you imagine being in the channel and everybody smoking pot like cigarettes and then getting on their boats and driving away?
Do they drink beer or spirits like water? why beacause it's a joint, would someone sit there and smoke them like cigarettes?
That is the problem with most of society..They are uneducated on pot! Booze has ruined an uncountable amount of peoples lives! compared to "pot "smokeres

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-04-2005, 08:58 AM
That is the problem with most of society..They are uneducated on pot! Booze has ruined an uncountable amount of peoples lives! compared to "pot "smokeres
and alcohol was once illegal wasn't it? I don't know :confused:

Wicky
04-04-2005, 09:04 AM
I would also assume that when one is pulled over, the only way to tell if they are under the influence is by the current odor of weed. So, with no smell and visine in the eyes, it would be very difficult to tell if one was truly "Stoned." Any validity to this?

HCS
04-04-2005, 09:05 AM
If the trend goes right. Cigarettes will be illegal and pot will be legal.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-04-2005, 09:05 AM
I would also assume that when one is pulled over, the only way to tell if they are under the influence is by the current odor of weed. So, with no smell and visine in the eyes, it would be very difficult to tell if one was truly "Stoned." Any validity to this?
I believe they can tell by the pupil of the eye like anything else. but I'm not 100% sure.

hoolign
04-04-2005, 09:06 AM
and alcohol was once illegal wasn't it? I don't know :confused:
prohibition..(Sp)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-04-2005, 09:07 AM
prohibition..
;)

Tom Brown
04-04-2005, 09:09 AM
They did give the gold back to the last Canadian that tested positive for THC right?
Yes. The medal was then immediately hocked to buy more weed.

superdave013
04-04-2005, 09:10 AM
I would not want any of the above to have been drinking a few beers either.
I donno about that but I think after lunch production would go down. Hey wait, it already is!
Pretty much the same as alcohol if you ask me. I'll buy the brain surgeon a few beers or bong hits AFTER he's done. lol
Drunks fockin bug me long after they are sober. I'd rather be around some dude that's stoned over a sloppy drunk anyday
I agree that it should stay illegal. But if you want to see scewed realities you should talk to my dad about the drinking problem he says he does not have! You might want to record it as he won't remember the conversation the next day.
I'll give you this one too
Could it be any worse then drinking beer all day and driving away? C'mon
Gotta love ***boat.. my response in bold

NOTALENT
04-04-2005, 09:12 AM
I believe they can tell by the pupil of the eye like anything else. but I'm not 100% sure.
nope...that wouldnt work..there are way to many other things that could cause pupils to get dialated.... I was @ a club last week with some girls..and we had nothing to drink or any drugs..but once we got to the car the cops..tried busting us like we were drunk becuase I started my truck for her and walked around to the other side so she could drive...any ways... for some reason her pupils are always dialated to an extent..and they kept insinuating that she was on drungs.. like E, or pot, etc...and then they checked her pulse and said it was irregular...and I told them..." hey dip shit..maybe its because ur scaring the shit out of her"!!! she began to cry..focking cops...theres alot more to the story..but I will cut it at that...they just kept trying to harass us..

Wicky
04-04-2005, 09:13 AM
More regarding the UTAH/MORMAN roadblocks
That is SUCH BULLSHIT - when it doubt gang - JOCK YOUR STASH - they can not search you bodlily unless they arrest you first! KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! -also
READ THIS LINK! (http://www.deathpenaltyattorney.com/release081803.pdf)
also http://www.stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/287/utahroadblocks.shtml
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cdog
04-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Fact. Pot has never been the root cause of any death by overdose.
Alcohol has killed millions to date.
Traces of pot are stored in the fat cells of a person and only retards dont understand that has nothing to do with being under the influence.
Would you say your still eating a in and out doubble doubble two weeks later when the coleestorel (spelling) is clogging your arteries?
Same arguement.

Tom Brown
04-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Dave.....Dave's not here ......man.. :D
Fast Times at Rigemont High?

Wicky
04-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Yes. The medal was then immediately hocked to buy more weed.
:D :D :D I was waiting for that one TB!!!!!!!!!!

CARLSON-JET
04-04-2005, 09:24 AM
I don't expect anyone to admit they use it but what do you think about cannibas being legalized?
Are you trying to stir the "POT" a little ... :cool:

hoolign
04-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Fast Times at Rigemont High?
What are ya stoned or somthing???? :D

Tom Brown
04-04-2005, 09:25 AM
CHONG: Who is it?
CHEECH: It's me, Dave. Open up, man, I got the stuff.
(More knocks)
CHONG: Who is it?
CHEECH: It's me, Dave, man. Open up, I got the stuff.
CHONG: Who?
CHEECH: It's, Dave, man. Open up, I think the cops saw me come in here.
(More knocks)
CHONG: Who is it?...............................
Were they drunk, or something? :confused:

Tom Brown
04-04-2005, 09:39 AM
What are ya stoned or somthing???? :D
Look, there's no need for name calling. You might hurt my feelings and shit.
I was 11 years old when that movie was released. Unlike you, my childhood wasn't spent sitting around the wigwam passing around a blunt after every evening meal. As it happens, I had an extremely sheltered youth and I'm not entirely familiar with the vernacular of the current drug sub culture.
Now... if you want to talk about narcotics, I think you'll find that I am well versed on that topic. :cool:

hoolign
04-04-2005, 09:43 AM
I was 11 years old when that movie was released. Unlike you, my childhood wasn't spent sitting around the wigwam passing around a blunt after every evening meal. As it happens, I had an extremely sheltered youth and I'm not entirely familiar with the vernacular the current drug sub culture.
Now... if you want to talk about narcotics, I think you'll find that I am well versed on that topic. :cool:
pennacillan! is not a narcotic Tom! :p

Essex502
04-04-2005, 09:43 AM
G - Is this any different than Alcohol? Aren't all of those professions subject to penalties if intoxicated on the job? Seems pretty similar. Of course a whole new industry could be developed for "Pot Breathalizers" -right? :D

hoolign
04-04-2005, 09:50 AM
G - Is this any different than Alcohol? Aren't all of those professions subject to penalties if intoxicated on the job? Seems pretty similar. Of course a whole new industry could be developed for "Pot Breathalizers" -right? :D
Yes it is VERY different than alchohol.. you get someone to knock back a bottle the night before or x amount of beers beers.. depending on his or her physical condition, or you smoke a couple joints, the drunk is going to still be feeling the effects of the booze!
If it comes to the moment, I think the guy who just had a six pack is not as intune as the guy who smoked a joint, granted both are somewhat impared.

Tom Brown
04-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Do I have to smoke dope to be cool? :confused:

Jbb
04-04-2005, 10:31 AM
In your case ....do you think it really matters....and shit...?.. :D

HCS
04-04-2005, 10:35 AM
How about we go burn one? I have some killer crystalized green bud with red hairs.
Smells like skunk weed. It's sure to lay us back.

Tom Brown
04-04-2005, 10:42 AM
In your case ....do you think it really matters....
Probably not. :D
You mock now but I'll show you guys... I'm going to the local high school to look for hispanic guys sitting in a camero and ask them for a ten cent package. We'll just see who'll have the last laugh then. :mad:

surfer2001
04-04-2005, 10:43 AM
If you asked this 10 ~ 15 years ago, I’d say legalize it. But the stuff they have now is way to strong. It’s really mind altering, can’t think, can’t reason, takes away all motivation. Makes crappy food taste good, you think America has a weigh issue now &%^$%#@!#$%&(()
All you want to do is sleep :sleeping: and eat :D

uclahater
04-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Not sure about your driving comment but, it certainly is a pre-requisite to win gold medals in the Olympic Snowboarding and Skiing events.
Seems the "Stoned" have an unfair advantage. How come the "Stoned" have the BEST reactions and balance in this case? I think this kinda is on the same wavelength as RD's argument with alcohol. I'd definitely rather be driving next to this snowboarder than most others on L.A. freeways. They did give the gold back to the last Canadian that tested positive for THC right?
I'd say if you can win gold in an Olympic event, you have proved to me you can drive stoned.
Just curious, of all the cops on this board, how often do you haul someone off for driving under the influence of Weed (ONLY) in comparison to Alcohol?
Mow,
Wicky
This is the only way they can catch smokers in Utah...
Just a quirk from another blogger.
I leiu of the thread on the guys getting arrested at the Peruvian, I figured I'd share my story from this weekend.
So my friend and I are driving to Moab on this past Friday afternoon and about 20 miles out we see a sign saying "Drug check point ahead, drug dogs and law enfocement checkpoint 1/2 mile ahead"
So we freak, pull over and ditch the 1/8th and pipe that we had. Next thing we know, the cops pull us over and arrest me. They had 3 guys hiding in the bushes with spotting scopes and binoculars watching the reactions on our faces from the moment that we saw the sign. They let my friend go, but I had to sit in the back of the ****ing cop car for 2 hours while they waited to arrest 3 more people before taking us to the jail in Monticello. Every time that they found anything, they'd sit there and brag about it and rub it in the 'victims' faces. They created a situation that forced "probable cause", which I think was sneaky and decietful. So much for "Serve and Protect." Anyway, while I'm sitting there, I'm listening to the guys with binoculars on the radio. They're just sitting there watching the reactions on peoples faces, and if they have a cracked windshield, don't use their blinkers or just simply pull over and they observe them trying to hide anything, you're screwed. So I get booked and thrown in jail. 6 hours after I got arrested, I get bailed out. Now I owe over $1000 unless I get it knocked down, for LESS THAN AN 1/8th!!! There were kids who had less than a bowl that got the same penalty that I got. This is such bullshit. They arrested 12 people just that day, mostly kids from Fort Lewis College. Only 1 person had more than an ounce (some lady who got busted with 200 lbs....she's screwed). I hate the laws of Utah. If it would have been here in Colorado, I would have gotten a $60 ticket and had my stuff confiscated. Such crap.
P.S. Any legal advice is more than welcome. Apparently the judge in Monticello is pretty cool, so I hope that will help me.
Comments? Just another dopehead obviously guilty?
Oh yeah, and I believe I could smoke a joint today, and be arrested for being under the influence 30 days later for traces of thc in my blood.
I hope they use what ever means necessary to keep the crap outta here. The problem with drugs is the crime that is related with them. I've lived in St George for about 4 months now, and I cant belive I get to live in a place like this. I've never met a nicer group of people in my life(Mormon or not Mormon they've all been the same). I read the paper everyday, and most of the crime here is drug related. If your bail is more than $750 bucks its posted in the paper, What you did, what your name is, and the address you live at.
I bet those people with the drugs never come back to Utah again :D :D
You get a DUI here, and your screwed. The guy that did my wood floors got one, and hes serving weekends in Jail for it. Great guy just got caught in a bad position
Keep it Illegal :idea: :idea:

HCS
04-04-2005, 11:01 AM
All and all I don't think it makes a bit of difference if it's legalized.
Any one of us could go out and buy a bag of weed in less than an hour.
Ever go to a Metalica or a Black Crows smoke fest? look around at how many people in the crowd are lighting up. It's probably 90 percent or better.
I suppose that's why it should be legal. But either way it doesn't matter.
people are always going to light up. It's a pleasure. :smile:

Kilrtoy
04-04-2005, 11:02 AM
All I got to say about this thread is WOW......

Jbb
04-04-2005, 11:03 AM
I hope they use what ever means necessary to keep the crap outta here. The problem with drugs is the crime that is related with them. I've lived in St George for about 4 months now, and I cant belive I get to live in a place like this. I've never met a nicer group of people in my life(Mormon or not Mormon they've all been the same). I read the paper everyday, and most of the crime here is drug related. If your bail is more than $750 bucks its posted in the paper, What you did, what your name is, and the address you live at.
I bet those people with the drugs never come back to Utah again :D :D
You get a DUI here, and your screwed. The guy that did my wood floors got one, and hes serving weekends in Jail for it. Great guy just got caught in a bad position
Keep it Illegal :idea: :idea:
Sounds like a place where Brown would not prosper....He needs the freedom to get his mind right ....and play Jimmy Hendrix at 78 speed.....and shit

Tom Brown
04-04-2005, 11:26 AM
... and the wind cries Marry

Jbb
04-04-2005, 11:30 AM
... and the wind cries Marry
Hey Joe.....

Forkin' Crazy
04-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Yea, and the same can done to people who consume alcohol. You should be "tagged" by the government that you bought X amount of alcohol. No medical coverage for cirrhosis of the liver, etc, plus no coverage when drunk people do stupid things...ie "Hey, y'all, watch this!!"
Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? :hammerhea

franky
04-04-2005, 12:12 PM
nope...that wouldnt work..there are way to many other things that could cause pupils to get dialated.... I was @ a club last week with some girls..and we had nothing to drink or any drugs..but once we got to the car the cops..tried busting us like we were drunk becuase I started my truck for her and walked around to the other side so she could drive...any ways... for some reason her pupils are always dialated to an extent..and they kept insinuating that she was on drungs.. like E, or pot, etc...and then they checked her pulse and said it was irregular...and I told them..." hey dip shit..maybe its because ur scaring the shit out of her"!!! she began to cry..focking cops...theres alot more to the story..but I will cut it at that...they just kept trying to harass us..
I am sure there is a LOT more to this story after callling a cop a "dipshit"....nice.

H20Advantage
04-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Pot can only be tested through blood, urine or hair. If you get drunk the night before work you wake up with a hangover. If you smoke pot the night before you may just be mellow but also may forget to go to work.
Just like alcohol there are those who use it recreationally and also those who use all the time. We don't know how many problems there would be if it was legalized but then look at all the money that would be spent on enforcement by either L.E. or private industry. We are just shifting the costs from one arena to another.
Also remember anything you intake into your lungs over time can cause cancer. Pot is also a carcinogen. Do we need one more thing to impact our medical insurance system?
Pot smoking is a whole subcultural issue also and the debate could go on and on either way.
I just threw some food for thought out there but there are those that will rationalize it the other way.
Most people are not being busted for smoking a little pot in there house it's when they are in public that it generally causes a problem.
Also remember that Alcohol is considered a mild depressant and Pot falls under the hallucinogenic drugs.
When I was making the point about a cop, doctor or fireman coming to your aid, would you want Cheech and Chong or The guys in Hey Dude Wheres my Car doing those jobs even after they had not smoked for a few days. Granted those are extremes but could happen because you know it is legal!!
It's handled as a infraction and comes off your record after two year (quicker than a speeding ticket).

bigd1
04-04-2005, 12:45 PM
They won't legalize pot because there are too many cops & DEA types who make a living off it.
Just like in the military - you need a war to rack up some medals to get promoted. Same with cops, drug busts get you promoted.

1978 Rogers
04-04-2005, 01:12 PM
I voted yes. Mostly because a lot in Taxes could be generated.

HCS
04-04-2005, 01:20 PM
They won't legalize pot because there are too many cops & DEA types who make a living off it.
Just like in the military - you need a war to rack up some medals to get promoted. Same with cops, drug busts get you promoted.
They'd still have the crack heads to run down. Actually that would be alot better time spent.
Then they could quit wasting time chasing the pot heads.

mirvin
04-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Seems to me that pot, even in its more potent modern form is still way less powerful then ALCOHOL!!!
Does pot even effect your motor skills??? With alcohol you can be impaired for hours. With pot you get a little giggley but are you ever PHYSICALLY IMPAIRED???
I had it put to me like this once: "Would you rather you're airline pilot have been drinking all night last night or have him smoke a joint 5 minutes before take off"???
mirvin :supp:

Kilrtoy
04-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Ok this guy has smoked way too much pot for any one humans life .....

Captain Dan
04-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Legalize it, yeeah, yeeah........don't criticize it..........(to be sung to a rasta beat).
I believe that people should be allowed to smoke pot in the privacy of their own homes, or in designated locations - stay off of the highways and lakes, however.
With alcohol, we can measure blood, but pot is trickier, especially the chronic that is available these days. When can a person be considered no longer impaired after lighting up?
Tough call for a lot of reasons, but I think it should be legalized in some shape or form.

chub
04-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Who REALLY made the use of cocaine and Marijuana illegal???????????????? Adolph Coors and Anhauser SP Busch. True Fact. I don't smoke pot nor cocaine, but legalize it. It helps alot of people medically and yeah I think it is way better than alcohols long term effects. Sheeps to the slaughter, war on drugs what a joke. People wake up, tell your kids to drink rather than smoke pot at their house when their adults. What a favor.

NOTALENT
04-04-2005, 03:33 PM
I am sure there is a LOT more to this story after callling a cop a "dipshit"....nice.
oh..no..I said alot more than that..So did my buddy and a few of the other girls....but we were in the right..they had no probable cause for doing what they did...and when I was walking around the back..they though me against there truck like I had just robbed a bank..they werent in uniform..they were undercover in an explorer..but we made them look like asses..and chewed em out..normally I have alot of respect for police..but not when they pull this b.s..!!

Wicky
04-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Pot can only be tested through blood, urine or hair. If you get drunk the night before work you wake up with a hangover. If you smoke pot the night before you may just be mellow but also may forget to go to work.
Funny, I've never heard of the Bong Flu before. Sure am familiar with the bottle flu though.
Forget to go to work...that's just plain old LAZY.
Clinton was a pothead.
Bush liked coke.
Kennedy was a drinker.
And ol George Washington...yeah he liked to toke!!!

Kilrtoy
04-04-2005, 03:57 PM
oh..no..I said alot more than that..So did my buddy and a few of the other girls....but we were in the right..they had no probable cause for doing what they did...and when I was walking around the back..they though me against there truck like I had just robbed a bank..they werent in uniform..they were undercover in an explorer..but we made them look like asses..and chewed em out..normally I have alot of respect for police..but not when they pull this b.s..!!
Im just curious what pussy ass city did this happen in :confused: :confused: :confused:

99 232 baja
04-04-2005, 04:00 PM
But this is just my opinion.How many of these so called professional are your three martini types? I know a few police and firemen that drink their weight in the stuff. As far as the train and truck driver I am sure they have their favorite drink as well. I myself can function better on herb than drunk on alchol. Legalize it and take the criminal aspect out of it.And in the channel I am sure there is plenty of booze.

all charged up
04-04-2005, 04:01 PM
To the guy that got busted in Utah, oh my god are you stupid. This story proves how stupid pot can make a person. I smoked it when i was younger but dropped it to go into the military. Glad i did. All my bros from high school that smoked it are in jail or dead. One got shot while doin an armed robbery to support his meth habit. Make it legal and all those taxes can help build more jails to house the criminals that graduate to harder drugs or turn to crime to support their habits (great idea). :idea: :idea:

Wicky
04-04-2005, 04:33 PM
To the guy that got busted in Utah, oh my god are you stupid. This story proves how stupid pot can make a person. I smoked it when i was younger but dropped it to go into the military. Glad i did. All my bros from high school that smoked it are in jail or dead. One got shot while doin an armed robbery to support his meth habit. Make it legal and all those taxes can help build more jails to house the criminals that graduate to harder drugs or turn to crime to support their habits (great idea). :idea: :idea:
I've seen the stupidest of all on Alcohol!!!!

mirvin
04-04-2005, 04:35 PM
THe question that has yet to be answered here is "WHen you're high are you impaired??" I mean physically impaired like when you're drunk. Has your nervous system been compromised??
And....how would we measure "mental impairment"?? Are you mentally impaired while high???
mirvin :clover:

mirvin
04-04-2005, 04:40 PM
i'm HUNGRY AS HELL(note don't smoke dope on powell at midnight,jack n the box is a long way) :D
Come on now. That was a serious question..........exhale.......seriously :D

all charged up
04-04-2005, 04:55 PM
I've seen the stupidest of all on Alcohol!!!!
Ok so lets make it worse and legalize everything that can put the general public in danger. If alchohol is bad, and pot is bad, would making both legal better or worsen the problem?

Wicky
04-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Ok so lets make it worse and legalize everything that can put the general public in danger. If alchohol is bad, and pot is bad, would making both legal better or worsen the problem?
"If" is a funny, two lettered preposition that is taken out of context. Sound's like your not sure "if" alcohol is really bad or not. You seem definitely sure that pot is bad. The guy in UTAH had the flight or fight reaction. Instinct.
I know if you're a cop, you might understand this anology but, most law abiding people I know, get extremely nervous when there is a cop in their rear view window even though they know they have done nothing wrong.
I can guarantee you, there isn't a person out there who gets pulled over where their blood pressure remains normal.
I think the guy from UTAH was just stupid to begin with.

NOTALENT
04-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Im just curious what pussy ass city did this happen in :confused: :confused: :confused:
It happened in orange :jawdrop: ...@ Quans Rockin Sushi...

Kilrtoy
04-04-2005, 05:12 PM
It happened in orange :jawdrop: ...@ Quans Rockin Sushi...
So the city of orange has a bunch of pussies for cops working there

NOTALENT
04-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Haha..yup...But there was nothing they can do...They made us stay a little longer for cussing them out..and making them feel like bitches..but it was fun.. :D
Lets hear it kilr...I know ur gonna say something about that one... :D

Wicky
04-04-2005, 05:17 PM
THe question that has yet to be answered here is "WHen you're high are you impaired??" I mean physically impaired like when you're drunk. Has your nervous system been compromised??
And....how would we measure "mental impairment"?? Are you mentally impaired while high???
I don't know about other states but,...
Idaho OKs Marijuana With Driving
Tuesday, January 15, 2002
by David Kravets
Associated Press
Marijuana users can drive legally in the state as long as their driving isn't erratic and they can pass a field sobriety test, a federal appeals court ruled Monday. The three-judge panel of the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals wrote that while it is illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol or narcotics, Idaho law doesn't list marijuana as a narcotic.
The ruling overturned an impaired driving conviction against Matthew Patzer, 21, who was stopped for a broken tailgate light in 1998 and admitted to police he'd smoked marijuana at a party. The appeals court said Patzer could not automatically be presumed impaired; he wasn't driving erratically and passed two field sobriety tests.
"Given the distinction drawn by the statute, there is no basis to conclude that impairment may be presumed upon admission of use of a non-narcotic drug," the appeals court wrote.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael J. Fica in Idaho said the government may ask the court to review its decision or request that the U.S. Supreme Court hear the case.
Idaho Senate Judiciary Chairman Denton Darrington said he had assumed marijuana was a narcotic under state law, and that the statute might need to be reviewed. But he questioned whether Monday's decision would hold up on appeal.
The circuit's decision also reverses Patzer's illegal weapons convictions.
In his Chevrolet Blazer, police found four illegal homemade grenades, a sawed-off shotgun and a modified rifle with a homemade silencer. But the court said that because of his unlawful arrest, the search of his vehicle was illegal.
The case is United States v. Patzer, 00-30360.
Copyright Associated Press.

MAINEVENT
04-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Dont legalize it :boxingguy then my second income will be shot out :lightsabe :D But really the next thing they are gonna wanna legalize crack and meth and coke, plus i dont want my kids smoking it (and if they do it better be with me out of my bong LOL J/K :p :messedup: ) but hey they sell booze at almost every corner does'nt mean Everybody drinks right
It doesn't matter to me :p

Wicky
04-04-2005, 05:24 PM
ARe you sure it was City of Orange and not Anaheim PD?
Here, check the pic.
Sorry, just realized the pic didn't upload and won't upload. Too bad, it was vewy vewy funny.
Wicky

MAINEVENT
04-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Haha..yup...But there was nothing they can do...They made us stay a little longer for cussing them out..and making them feel like bitches..but it was fun.. :D
Lets hear it kilr...I know ur gonna say something about that one... :D
You know whats funny about you saying you cussed them out is that if you are totally cool without being a dick to an officer chances are you will most likely get a warning or the officer will try to help you out, Me and a couple bro's went out partying, on our way home at 4 something in the am got pulled over my bro was tossed we were all toally cool respectful admitted we had all had a cocktail or two and some of us alot more, I told him i only had 3 cocktails within 4 to 5 hours that if i could pass a sobriety test could i drive my bro's home he then gave me some tests, i past them and he let my buddy go without a 502....
Sometimes if you get defensive right away they will find something to cite you for :rolleyes:

NOTALENT
04-04-2005, 05:32 PM
You know whats funny about you saying you cussed them out is that if you are totally cool without being a dick to an officer chances are you will most likely get a warning or the officer will try to help you out, Me and a couple bro's went out partying, on our way home at 4 something in the am got pulled over my bro was tossed we were all toally cool respectful admitted we had all had a cocktail or two and some of us alot more, I told him i only had 3 cocktails within 4 to 5 hours that if i could pass a sobriety test could i drive my bro's home he then gave me some tests, i past them and he let my buddy go without a 502....
Sometimes if you get defensive right away they will find something to cite you for :rolleyes:
oh..yeah bro.. I totally agree with u...I have only gotten like this once or twice..before..But we went to the club...the line was insane..so we left..it was like 10pm.. we walked to the parking lot...totally sober..not a drink..we werent stumbling..nothing wrong...after I start the car and walk to the other side..they jump out of an explorer like its a raid..grab my shirt and throw me agianst there vehicle??? for no reason?? hell yeah Im gonna be pissed..and then after making all these acusations, making a innocent girl start to cry and scare the crap out of her..U know what..they could of kept me longer..and try to pin something on us...but there aint no way I am gonna stand for that crap...

Cas
04-04-2005, 05:58 PM
check this out
http://www.davidrford.com/
gonna continue reading responses :D

MAINEVENT
04-04-2005, 06:10 PM
oh..yeah bro.. I totally agree with u...I have only gotten like this once or twice..before..But we went to the club...the line was insane..so we left..it was like 10pm.. we walked to the parking lot...totally sober..not a drink..we werent stumbling..nothing wrong...after I start the car and walk to the other side..they jump out of an explorer like its a raid..grab my shirt and throw me agianst there vehicle??? for no reason?? hell yeah Im gonna be pissed..and then after making all these acusations, making a innocent girl start to cry and scare the crap out of her..U know what..they could of kept me longer..and try to pin something on us...but there aint no way I am gonna stand for that crap...
Yeah i feel you their... some Officers Now were those little guys or big guys in School getting punked all the time now they have a badge and take it over the top somethimes and then their is those that just make as their living

Ultrafied
04-04-2005, 07:56 PM
This is some funny chit .... :D

sorry dog
04-05-2005, 05:10 AM
I was 11 years old when that movie was released. Unlike you, my childhood wasn't spent sitting around the wigwam passing around a blunt after every evening meal. As it happens, I had an extremely sheltered youth and I'm not entirely familiar with the vernacular of the current drug sub culture.
Hey Tom, got a narcotic ? for you... after a hard night of opium smoking how do you cure the next day constipation blues?
On pot and health subject: I go to my ENT doctor regualarly for sinus trouble and we were on the the subject of marijuana use. He advised me that I should never smoke it.
However, If one was to use it, that eating it was probably OK. :eat:
http://www.smokingwithstyle.com/burnerbrownies2.jpg
BTW Tom, what's a wigwarm?

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 06:21 AM
Hey Tom, got a narcotic ? for you... after a hard night of opium smoking how do you cure the next day constipation blues?
There was a period in my life when I had about 15 shits in approximately 6 months. I ate all of the bran I could but it didn't help a lot. It was painful but it made for some good posts.
I have a hunch most people thought I was joking about all of those bran muffins. :cool:

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Oh yes... wigwam...
From allwords.com:
"A domed Native American dwelling made of a framework of arched poles covered with skins, bark or mats."

hoolign
04-05-2005, 06:26 AM
Hey Tom...I was so "cool " last night :p

uclahater
04-05-2005, 06:29 AM
I sure was especially with the stuff from hawaii. Of course your impaired. Would you be laughing for no reason if you werent :messedup:

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 06:29 AM
However, If one was to use it, that eating it was probably OK. :eat:
http://www.smokingwithstyle.com/burnerbrownies2.jpg
Maybe you should try baking it into some bran muffins. That way, the opium chaser will be no problem.

hoolign
04-05-2005, 06:30 AM
I sure was especially with the stuff from hawaii. Of course your impaired. Would you be laughing for no reason if you werent :messedup:
Maui Waui :D

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 06:30 AM
Hey Tom...I was so "cool " last night :p
Jeff? ..... Jeff isn't here. :confused:

hoolign
04-05-2005, 06:33 AM
Jeff? ..... Jeff isn't here. :confused:
No it's me..

Jbb
Sing it with me Brown....I take a toke....and all my cares..... :sleeping:

Tom Brown
Who is it?

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 06:34 AM
Sing it with me Brown....I take a toke....and all my cares..... :sleeping:
... go up in smoke. :D
Hey! I was almost cool just then. :)

hoolign
04-05-2005, 06:34 AM
Who is it?
It's me damnit..open the fricken door ...I think JBB saw me

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 06:36 AM
...I think JBB saw me
No problem. He has no depth perception.

hoolign
04-05-2005, 06:40 AM
No problem. He has no depth perception.
Lets smoke a fattie and make fun of his eye...and shit :D

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 06:46 AM
When we hook up this summer, I'm going to bring an oxygen tent.
Which reminds me... how is the other smoking going?

Jbb
04-05-2005, 06:50 AM
[QUOTE=Tom Brown]When we hook up this summer, I'm going to bring an oxygen tent.
And your Hookah..... :D
http://www.queens.ox.ac.uk/mcr/photos/Shirvill/images/__hr_Maria%20with%20a%20hookah.jpg

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 06:52 AM
And your Hookah..... :D
This hookah tastes like... an oil lamp? :confused:

Jbb
04-05-2005, 06:53 AM
http://www.theharbinger.org/xvi/971111/reefer.gif

hoolign
04-05-2005, 06:54 AM
When we hook up this summer, I'm going to bring an oxygen tent.
Which reminds me... how is the other smoking going?
I lasted a bit over a month :frown:

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 06:56 AM
http://www.theharbinger.org/xvi/971111/reefer.gif
LMAO! :D
The devil's at work in LA. :idea:
That reminds me... where did that dog run off to?

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 06:58 AM
I lasted a bit over a month :frown:
Maybe you should take some chemotherapy as a precaution.

hoolign
04-05-2005, 07:00 AM
Maybe you should take some chemotherapy as a precaution.
Look at Brown ..tryin to sound all " I give a shit" ...and shit :p

Jbb
04-05-2005, 07:02 AM
http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Prohibition/Drug%20Information/Marijuana/History/reefer_madness.jpg

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 07:08 AM
... film inspired by the works of Charlie Daniels

Tremor Therapy
04-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Yea, and the same can done to people who consume alcohol. You should be "tagged" by the government that you bought X amount of alcohol. No medical coverage for cirrhosis of the liver, etc, plus no coverage when drunk people do stupid things...ie "Hey, y'all, watch this!!"
Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? :hammerhea
Not at all in my book. You decide you need to drink a 12ver a day, and 25 years later you have cirrhosis of the liver....no liver transplant for you, deal with your pain...bye-bye! You decide to go out and get liquored up or high and get in an accident while driving impaired...F*** You! Your medical coverage doesn't have to cover you, nor should mine! You decided to make the mistake, you pay for it! Oh, and if ya don't have the spare change in the bank to write a check for the emergency medical treatment you need right there and then....bye-bye! The innocents will get covered and taken care of, but you......chlorinate the gene pool!
I have heard too many bullshit arguements over it, and have had family changed forever by it. So no, I don't have any problems with my view of the situation.

Wicky
04-05-2005, 07:38 AM
Not at all in my book. You decide you need to drink a 12ver a day, and 25 years later you have cirrhosis of the liver....no liver transplant for you, deal with your pain...bye-bye! You decide to go out and get liquored up or high and get in an accident while driving impaired...F*** You! Your medical coverage doesn't have to cover you, nor should mine! You decided to make the mistake, you pay for it! Oh, and if ya don't have the spare change in the bank to write a check for the emergency medical treatment you need right there and then....bye-bye! The innocents will get covered and taken care of, but you......chlorinate the gene pool!
I have heard too many bullshit arguements over it, and have had family changed forever by it. So no, I don't have any problems with my view of the situation.
So, what you are saying is drink a six pack a day for 50 years before cirrhosis
sets in? Or, 3 beers a day and your liver will see 100 years old? Just not a 12 pak right Doc?
I guess the Doctors have decided that a couple or three Dark beers are good for you on a daily basis. Whoooops, kinda falling off track here. The subject is dope.
Ok, How many bong hits can I do before I can no longer write a sentence on ***boat?
Uh oh, forgot what I was talking about.
I must have lost my coolness.
Wicky
P.S. A very wise Doctor(now retired) who ran a very large hospital in LA county told me one day when I was younger, "Do everything but, do it in moderation."

lucky
04-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Well up here in northern cali its legal( for personal medical ) on a county level -- and now we have several hundred scumbags driving top end cars and spending mad cash -- legalize it , tax it - put the money into welfare - so they can become self supportive :) lmao ------ if you raise your kids right they should turn out alright !!!

Tremor Therapy
04-05-2005, 08:04 AM
Let me once again help you with any thought "you" may have on how "I" feel about this entire subject. And quite frankly, I could give a s### about how you feel on the subject, and hope you never have to deal with what members of my family have.

Wicky
04-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Let me once again help you with any thought "you" may have on how "I" feel about this entire subject. And quite frankly, I could give a s### about how you feel on the subject, and hope you never have to deal with what members of my family have.
I'm still a little nebulous on your situation. Please elaborate.
Wicky

hoolign
04-05-2005, 08:16 AM
I'm still a little nebulous on your situation. Please elaborate.
Wicky
That's a pretty big word for a stoner
P.S...it's 420 here :D

Wicky
04-05-2005, 08:23 AM
That's a pretty big word for a stoner
P.S...it's 420 here :D
Yes, but appropriate!!!

Wicky
04-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Yes, but appropriate!!!
Is your clock stuck on 4:20 too?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
04-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Alcohol is a much worse drug. How many people have smoked themselves to death in one sitting? you can certainly drink yourself to death. for that matter I have never seen someone smoke themselves til they 'black out' but still remain concious.
Legalize it already and tax it.....
Omega

nodigg
04-05-2005, 08:41 AM
Marijuana and alcohol are the same in my mind. Why not create a new tax base? Kids are gonna do what ever they can whether it is legal or not are they not? Abusers are going to be abusers whether it is a good choice or not are they not?

572Daytona
04-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Hmm, a common argument that I see in this thread is yeah pot is bad, but alcohol is worse therefore pot should be legalized. (how about those that drink and smoke pot?) What kind of logic is that? Kind of like if you think the war in Iraq was a mistake then we should start a war with Iran since it would be a mistake too but not quite as big :rolleyes:
Obviously cognative ability is one of the first things to go for pot smokers :)
Personally I'm against legalizing it, there are already enough people in this world that don't know what day it is and can't hold a job, we don't need to add to the problem. I think anyone who collects any type of government aid, be it welfare, unemployment or medicaid or what have you should have to pass a drug test before they could collect. The amount of money the government has to spend on to support the health problems of smokers and drinkers is bad enough with out throwing more health problems into the mix

Jbb
04-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Hmm, a common argument that I see in this thread is yeah pot is bad, but alcohol is worse therefore pot should be legalized. (how about those that drink and smoke pot?) What kind of logic is that? Kind of like if you think the war in Iraq was a mistake then we should start a war with Iran since it would be a mistake too but not quite as big :rolleyes:
Personally I'm against legalizing it, there are already enough people in this world that don't know what day it is and can't hold a job, we don't need to add to the problem. I think anyone who collects any type of government aid, be it welfare, unemployment or medicaid or what have you should have to pass a drug test before they could collect. The amount of money the government has to spend on to support the health problems of smokers and drinkers is bad enough with out throwing more health problems into the mix
er.....what day is it...anyway.....All I need is a cool buzz....some tasty waves ...and Im fine..... :jawdrop:

572Daytona
04-05-2005, 09:20 AM
er.....what day is it...anyway.....All I need is a cool buzz....some tasty waves ...and Im fine..... :jawdrop:
lol...yeah and we all know that you can't hold down a job, you have to work 2 or 3 of them :messedup:

WaterBox
04-05-2005, 09:25 AM
If you asked this 10 ~ 15 years ago, I’d say legalize it. But the stuff they have now is way to strong. It’s really mind altering, can’t think, can’t reason, takes away all motivation. Makes crappy food taste good, you think America has a weigh issue now &%^$%#@!#$%&(()
All you want to do is sleep :sleeping: and eat :D
So only take ONE hit instead of THREE.. Simple :hammerhea

Jbb
04-05-2005, 09:26 AM
lol...yeah and we all know that you can't hold down a job, you have to work 2 or 3 of them :messedup:
Yep.....Them 15 ex wives ....can get expensive! :jawdrop:

hoolign
04-05-2005, 09:42 AM
Is your clock stuck on 4:20 too?
Actually I have a clock in the garage that is :D :D

WaterBox
04-05-2005, 09:43 AM
You could count the empty Doughnut box's and Tweenkeeeee packages :cool: :rollside:

572Daytona
04-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Yep.....Them 15 ex wives ....can get expensive! :jawdrop:
Don't forget replacing all of those smashed up S-10's :D

Nord
04-05-2005, 10:05 AM
For a free book on marijuana laws, go to www.1800420laws.com. This guy Bruce M. Margolin is the Criminal Defense Attorney of the year for this stuff. My friend is a lawyer, and she said that if you call the number on their, it gives you all the info you want.....for free!

sorry dog
04-05-2005, 10:13 AM
There was a period in my life when I had about 15 shits in approximately 6 months. I ate all of the bran I could but it didn't help a lot. It was painful but it made for some good posts.
I have a hunch most people thought I was joking about all of those bran muffins. :cool:
I knew you are a real life bran abuser.
I guess that also explains your modified grinder pump toilet.

sorry dog
04-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Hmm, a common argument that I see in this thread is yeah pot is bad, but alcohol is worse therefore pot should be legalized. (how about those that drink and smoke pot?)
That's why you should do both...so that the sum of the buzz is greater than that of intoxicant inputs, and therefore reducing stress on liver, lungs, and field sobriety tests.
If 1 Beer = 1 unit of drunk buzz and
1 toke = 1 unit of stoned buzz then
1 toke & beer = 3 units of droned buzz
Got that?
Good.
I'll draw you a marginal rate of substitution graph with the isoquans later on you wish.
Gotta go before I'm late to my organic chemisty class. :chi:

WaterBox
04-05-2005, 12:24 PM
:idea: I don't know if "compromised or impaired" is the right words to use, Yes something is going on, Maybe "Intensified" would be a better term to use. I guess Herb can effect people in different ways, All I can go on is how it effects me. Don't do it any more, haven't for over 10 years now, But back in the day A buddy and myself us'ta burn one every day, a hit or two at a time. I was in my early 30's when I was introduced to the herb so I had already established my work ethics, Sport interests and life in general, I found it very interesting doing the thing's I had always done, now trying them after a couple hit's. Way too many things to list but I will relate a couple. Snow skiing, I grew up near the Ski Resorts in Utah, so I did ok on the slopes, I could go all day usually without falling, And after Burnning one I could still go all day without falling but I would ski much smoother and find myself stopping and noticing things around me that I had never paid any attention to before, The beauty was always there, Why had I never seen it? I was quite involved in Archery back then, leagues and tournament shooting, My league average for years was around 275 out of a perfect 300, After I found out about the Herb I started practicing my shooting with it, I was able to raise and maintain my average by 10 points, Trap Shooting: I shot my first perfect round 30 min. after I had two hit's. And White-Water Kyacking. :eek: :2purples: :eek: O.M.G... :rollside: So all in all, I can say I have enjoyed my relationship with HERB :cool: And SEX WOW :squiggle:

sorry dog
04-05-2005, 06:23 PM
"Now I ain't makin' no excuses for the many things I uses
Just to sweeten my relationships and brighten up my day"

Wicky
04-05-2005, 08:38 PM
:idea: I don't know if "compromised or impaired" is the right words to use, Yes something is going on, Maybe "Intensified" would be a better term to use. I guess Herb can effect people in different ways, All I can go on is how it effects me. Don't do it any more, haven't for over 10 years now, But back in the day A buddy and myself us'ta burn one every day, a hit or two at a time. I was in my early 30's when I was introduced to the herb so I had already established my work ethics, Sport interests and life in general, I found it very interesting doing the thing's I had always done, now trying them after a couple hit's. Way too many things to list but I will relate a couple. Snow skiing, I grew up near the Ski Resorts in Utah, so I did ok on the slopes, I could go all day usually without falling, And after Burnning one I could still go all day without falling but I would ski much smoother and find myself stopping and noticing things around me that I had never paid any attention to before, The beauty was always there, Why had I never seen it? I was quite involved in Archery back then, leagues and tournament shooting, My league average for years was around 275 out of a perfect 300, After I found out about the Herb I started practicing my shooting with it, I was able to raise and maintain my average by 10 points, Trap Shooting: I shot my first perfect round 30 min. after I had two hit's. And White-Water Kyacking. :eek: :2purples: :eek: O.M.G... :rollside: So all in all, I can say I have enjoyed my relationship with HERB :cool: And SEX WOW :squiggle:
That's impossible!!!! I don't believe you!!! Somebody told me you can't do that!! Reefer madness won't allow that!!! That is Blasphemous!!!
Anybody remember Bill Johnson? Or as I like to "refer" to him, "Spicoli on skis!!!!"

hoolign
04-06-2005, 07:40 AM
And White-Water Kyacking. O.M.G... So all in all, I can say I have enjoyed my relationship with HERB And SEX WOW
It may be none of my buisness...but are you saying ..."pot" makes you gay?

sorry dog
04-06-2005, 07:54 AM
It may be none of my buisness...but are you saying ..."pot" makes you gay?
Don't tell Tom that, you know how he likes to experiment...

Tom Brown
04-06-2005, 08:14 AM
I don't know if putting a small white cylinder in your mouth makes you gay but let's not kid ourselves into thinking it's macho...

hoolign
04-06-2005, 08:22 AM
I don't know if putting a small white cylinder in your mouth makes you gay but let's not kid ourselves into thinking it's macho...
Tom ..please don't use the word macho in your posts!.. I don't think the villiage people had a farmer !

Jbb
04-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Brown said he had the same results with his duck shooting scores after a few hits...In fact I think he has video of it... :eek:

Cas
04-06-2005, 08:28 AM
here's my opinion on it, it's all about the money. There isn't any real way the feds would be able to regulate it since it's a plant. With alcohol, it's a bit more costly to make than it would be to just grow a plant or 2.
As far as the safety of it, again it's my opinion that it's safer than alcohol and much safer than smoking. There has been 0 deaths attributed to a pot overdose.
I wonder if the doctors can say the same about the prescription drug marinol, which has a derivitive of marijuana in it?

mirvin
04-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Good post WaterBox.
People are different and everyone reacts different to stimuli. Just like some people should NEVER EVER drink alcohol so some people shouldn't smoke the rasta. Personal responsibility is at the heart of the issue as with alcohol.
The argument (for me) is that at the end of the day, no matter how much pot you've smoked, you're in much better shape then if you'de been drinking all day:220v:
Sure we don't want our kids smoking pot....just like we don't want them drinking and having sex, but are they illegal????
mirvin :wink:

canuck1
04-06-2005, 09:17 AM
KILLEM KILLEM ALL.....
What was the question?

sorry dog
04-06-2005, 04:34 PM
The question is :
Does JBB still keep up with his old friends?
http://www.sfgate.com/traveler/postcards/haight-hippie.jpg

Jbb
04-06-2005, 05:12 PM
The question is :
Does JBB still keep up with his old friends?
http://www.sfgate.com/traveler/postcards/haight-hippie.jpg
Those who are not yet dead ...or still in prison...absolutely......we had such good times back in the day.....or so Im told... :D

Wicky
04-06-2005, 08:17 PM
What a long strange trip it was!!!
And to think we were bound to cover just a little more ground!!!
:D :D :D

Wicky
04-06-2005, 08:19 PM
here's my opinion on it, it's all about the money.
Yes Cas, just like .08 BAC. It's alllllllll about the MONEY!!!

78Eliminator
04-06-2005, 08:35 PM
pass the dutchie on the left hand side, it go to burn!

Wicky
04-06-2005, 08:38 PM
The sky was yellow and the sun was blue!!!

Wicky
04-06-2005, 08:39 PM
The bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean!!

78Eliminator
04-06-2005, 08:42 PM
"The doctor, the lawyer, start confess. Say that the callie weed, is harmless."

Wicky
04-06-2005, 08:47 PM
I say got no birth certificate on me now!!!
Da do do do
Da do do doo doooooooooooo
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyiyi
Rebel Muuuuu sak

famaffair
04-06-2005, 08:57 PM
I second this quote. You have got to be kidding me. Pot is nothing but a gateway drug to coke, meth, and all the others that lead to a life long suffering mistake!!!!

hoolign
04-06-2005, 09:01 PM
I second this quote. You have got to be kidding me. Pot is nothing but a gateway drug to coke, meth, and all the others that lead to a life long suffering mistake!!!!
And ...why is that?

Wicky
04-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Asprin was my gateway drug..........dohhhhhhh!!!
Then I moved on to Advil.
The next thing ya know, I was eating Motrin..
And then, yes, Alleve...
And then.......well ya whatever.

Tom Brown
04-06-2005, 09:27 PM
I'll bet marijuana would be an excellent treatment for tourettes. :idea:

Wicky
04-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Just please keep that guy from drinking any more beer!!!
Confucious say, "Man who stand on toilet high on pot."

Outnumbered
04-06-2005, 10:47 PM
http://tralfaz-archives.com/coverart/T/tosh_legalf.jpg
http://tralfaz-archives.com/coverart/T/tosh_legalb.jpg

Jbb
04-07-2005, 02:23 AM
I should probably note at this point in the thread that Tom Brown is a Rastafarian....and just hides the dreads whenever possible.....and is very ...experienced in all the ways of Ganja...This is the old frozen hippies website (http://www.ganja.com/)...He's Jammin.....Jammin in the name of the lord.... :D

hoolign
04-07-2005, 06:47 AM
I should probably note at this point in the thread that Tom Brown is a Rastafarian....and just hides the dreads whenever possible.....and is very ...experienced in all the ways of Ganja...This is the old frozen hippies website (http://www.ganja.com/)...He's Jammin.....Jammin in the name of the lord.... :D
Willknots are not dreads :jawdrop:

Wicky
04-07-2005, 07:07 AM
Dr. Dean Edell on pot.
Doc Dean (http://www.healthcentral.com/centers/onecenterdean.cfm?center=Marijuana)
I heard on the news this morning that smoking pot actually cuts heart disease in laboratory animals.
Those were some happy mice!!! Twinkies and THC for there entire lives!!!
:rollside:

sorry dog
04-07-2005, 09:34 AM
Tom ... Brownie :D

mirvin
04-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by H20Advantage
All I can say is YES!!! I'd rather all those people you refered to above have been smoking pot the night before;) rather then drinking.
Alcohol levels may deplete rather quickly but their physical effects do not. Have you ever had a HANGOVER. Sometimes the hangover lasts for days. Would you want that person responding to your emergency??
I'd rather have the guy who smoked a joint the night before who got a good nights rest and woke up with a clear mind with no lingering physical effects. He'll I'd rather the paramedic just smoked out then been out drinking all night. In my book a stoned guy is way more capable then someone with a hangover.
I also disagree with the "gateway" theory. I have NEVER done an illicit drug. EVER. Nor have I ever had the urge to after smoking pot. Alcohol and cigarettes are as much of a "gateway" as weed. Either you have your head on strait or you don't, IMO ;)
mirvin

sorry dog
04-07-2005, 07:44 PM
So... do we have enough votes for a petition in California yet?

Wicky
04-07-2005, 08:17 PM
All I can say is YES!!! I'd rather all those people you refered to above have been smoking pot the night before;) rather then drinking.
Alcohol levels may deplete rather quickly but their physical effects do not. Have you ever had a HANGOVER. Sometimes the hangover lasts for days. Would you want that person responding to your emergency??
I'd rather have the guy who smoked a joint the night before who got a good nights rest and woke up with a clear mind with no lingering physical effects. He'll I'd rather the paramedic just smoked out then been out drinking all night. In my book a stoned guy is way more capable then someone with a hangover.
I also disagree with the "gateway" theory. I have NEVER done an illicit drug. EVER. Nor have I ever had the urge to after smoking pot. Alcohol and cigarettes are as much of a "gateway" as weed. Either you have your head on strait or you don't, IMO ;)
mirvin
The gateway theory is a crock of SHIT but, it is the only argument for some to just say no or, to believe in what their job is.
I think Famaffair gets high from paying his tithing!!!! F.u.c.k.ing born agains and religious advocates whom haven't a clue on what truly is pragmatic. Too deeply rooted in their own "reality," if you will.
If it was legal, I bet at least 60% of all cops would smoke it.
Of all the judges I've known in my life 100% of them smoked it.
Of all the Doctors I've know in my life 100% have smoked it.
There is a funny irony on smoking pot.
Most smoke it yet, most can't admit to smoking it because they don't want to lost their job. Well, here's to self employment and working my ****ing ass off and creating my OWN job.
Mow,
Wicky

famaffair
04-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Wicky,you are absolutely right!!! I do tithe and I am born again. I also happen to be a cop. I am against smoking pot and any drug for that matter. However, if that's what you want to do, go right ahead. I stated my opinion as the post asked.
The gateway theory is a crock of SHIT but, it is the only argument for some to just say no or, to believe in what their job is.
ink Famaffair I thgets high from paying his tithing!!!! F.u.c.k.ing born agains and religious advocates whom haven't a clue on what truly is pragmatic. Too deeply rooted in their own "reality," if you will.
If it was legal, I bet at least 60% of all cops would smoke it.
Of all the judges I've known in my life 100% of them smoked it.
Of all the Doctors I've know in my life 100% have smoked it.
There is a funny irony on smoking pot.
Most smoke it yet, most can't admit to smoking it because they don't want to lost their job. Well, here's to self employment and working my ****ing ass off and creating my OWN job.
Mow,
Wicky
:D :D :D :D

Wicky
04-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Much respect famaffair. Much respect. Just don't bust me!!! :D :D I was just joking. I am a habitual liar. Please disregard all prior postsssssssss!!!!
Wicky

Wicky
04-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Out of curiousity, do you drink alcohol or have you ever drunk alcohol?
Please be honest, :jawdrop:
Wicky

famaffair
04-07-2005, 08:47 PM
I enjoy a cold beer and a good steak. ;) ;)

Wicky
04-07-2005, 09:38 PM
I enjoy a cold beer and a good steak. ;) ;)
Wicky,you are absolutely right!!! I do tithe and I am born again. I also happen to be a cop. I am against smoking pot and any drug for that matter.
But, Alcohol is a DRUG. A deadly drug!!!! Even by drinking just one!!!
Any death in a TA where there is only one beer involved goes down into the NHTSA stats as an "alcohol" related death even if it's not your fault.
Gotta love those stats!!! Amazing how they are manipulated huh?

LOWRIVER2
04-08-2005, 01:34 AM
I suspect most posting here that say legalize it have'nt smoked a blunt in the last 15 years. The THC level has increased in the neighborhood of 30%. This rise gives a much more intense high and in turn makes people, especially juveniles, very intoxicated and kills their developing brain cells. Sure, teen drinking is a big problem too,but with all of the problems of legal drugs, adding mary jane to a legal list does not make it's demand,abuse or illicit growing/trafficking any less frequent in society.
Look, in any major city, no one's going to jail for less than an ounce. It's a frigging ticket. On the other hand, I've made roughly 3,000 arrests in my time for narcotics (meth/coke/lsd/PCP/heroin/peyote (once/lol). I always asked the question 'did you start out with pot?" Never had a "no" answer. It's a proven "gateway" drug for juveniles to go into narcotics which no one can justify should be legalized or "harmless" when used casually.
Yes, not everyone who uses pot becomes a base head (outside of south LA, at least). Conversely, no one who wants to use it has a problem getting it, that is reality. No tax revenue from legal growing will help much as everyone will want to still get cheap "homegrown" stuff with no tax.
Alcohol is bad, no doubt, Prescription pill addiction is bad, no doubt. Legalizing Pot does'nt do Ca. any good in tax revenue, reduced use or "safer pot" (an oxymoron/lol).
Oh and to the ones saying cops are against legalization to keep their jobs.....please/LOL! Guess why there's 68,000 gang members in LA County? They don't do gangs just to be together. It's about drug sales and those sales don't involve marijuana. Take down a drug (felony narcotics) dealer, you take away a financial base for a gang. Take away their revenue and they will lose means to hold a neighborhood. The equation is not hard to understand.
On a lighter note, I've never met a "casual pot user" that was in shape and had a clean house. They always have a messy house or car and are either too skinny or too fat. I would'nt do it as I think it's gay to have to cut seeds in a little bowl just to smoke. Give me a man's can of Cope anyday over that
"wacky tobacky"/LOL

dc96819
04-08-2005, 04:02 AM
legalize it,smells better then dam cigerates and it dosent leave buts all around :p

Wicky
04-08-2005, 07:00 AM
I suspect most posting here that say legalize it have'nt smoked a blunt in the last 15 years. [QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]
I thought a blunt was a Cigar with ganja stuffed into the inside?
Like at least an 1/8 of an ounce in just one? I think that would even send
the stoniest of stoners into the world of vertigo. Yuk, tabacco.
Your right LR,
[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]The THC level has increased in the neighborhood of 30%. This rise gives a much more intense high and in turn makes people, especially juveniles, very intoxicated and kills their developing brain cells. [QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]
That is why people just take a hit or two now days as opposed to smoking many doobies like in the 70's back when an ounce was 5 dollars.
Today an ounce of that ganja you speak of goes for over $400.
It costs as much as gold and it is a multi billion dollar industry.
The cheap shit is still out there though. One downfall of it's illegallity is simply this. Teenagers can and always will be smoking pot. It's a simple human nature to tell a child NOT to do something and by doing so, raising their curiousity. So, what do these children do? They get high before school because they know they will not be stoned by the time they get home after school thus avoiding detection by their parents. Why do you think there are drugs at school? I feel there is a time and a place for everything. My analogy on this stems from the Europeans and Alcohol.
Teach the children to work and work hard but, play only when all their work is done for the day.
[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]Look, in any major city, no one's going to jail for less than an ounce. [QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]
Sorry, that is a farce.
[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2] It's a frigging ticket. [QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]
Yes, in Cali it is.
[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]On the other hand, I've made roughly 3,000 arrests in my time for narcotics (meth/coke/lsd/PCP/heroin/peyote (once/lol). I always asked the question 'did you start out with pot?" Never had a "no" answer. It's a proven "gateway" drug for juveniles to go into narcotics which no one can justify should be legalized or "harmless" when used casually.[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]
Your dealing with an entirely different sample set with this analogy.
Obviously these 3,000 criminals had the criminal element to begin with.
What about the Millions of law abiding people who are now Doctors and Lawyers and Presidents and even cops?
[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]Conversely, no one who wants to use it has a problem getting it, that is reality. [QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]
That is bullshit. When was the last time you tried to go and get some?
I see you speak from experience now.
[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]No tax revenue from legal growing will help much as everyone will want to still get cheap "homegrown" stuff with no tax.[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]
That is bullshit too. Philip Morris is the prime example.
Sure, lots of people can grow their own tobacco but, do they?
Lot's of people can make "Home cooked" meals to be "cheap" so, why are there sooooooo many restaurants. You stated/admitted that no tax revenue won't help much, but this tells me it will help a little. A little bit is better than nothing.
[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]Alcohol is bad, no doubt, Prescription pill addiction is bad, no doubt. Legalizing Pot does'nt do Ca. any good in tax revenue, reduced use or "safer pot" (an oxymoron/lol).[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]
[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]Oh and to the ones saying cops are against legalization to keep their jobs.....please/LOL! Guess why there's 68,000 gang members in LA County? They don't do gangs just to be together. It's about drug sales and those sales don't involve marijuana. Take down a drug (felony narcotics) dealer, you take away a financial base for a gang. Take away their revenue and they will lose means to hold a neighborhood. The equation is not hard to understand. [QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]
I can't speak from experience/factoid on this one but, your telling me that not one of those gang bangers is selling ganja?
Legalize pot and that takes one element out of the gang trade thus fewer gang bangers if there is just one selling it. One less gang banger sounds good to me.
[QUOTE=LOWRIVER2]On a lighter note, I've never met a "casual pot user" that was in shape and had a clean house. They always have a messy house or car and are either too skinny or too fat. I would'nt do it as I think it's gay to have to cut seeds in a little bowl just to smoke. Give me a man's can of Cope anyday over that
"wacky tobacky"/LOL
Bill Clinton had a clean house!!!!lol. :messedup:
And besides, when was the last time you actually hung out with a stoner?
I've known some people that were methfreaks and there houses were spotless!!!
I've known some hardcore alkies, and there houses were a mess.
I've know many upstanding mormans who sold Amway, and there houses were messier than any other I had ever been in!!!!
In conclusion, thanks LR for putting your life on the line to get rid of these less than human gang bangers. I hate them as much as you. I guess that is why I hate rap music.
Take care,
Wicky
P.S. Where's my video?

Wicky
04-08-2005, 07:30 AM
The DARE program is what introduced me to the herb in 6th grade!!!
Made me want to go out and try it that day just because they told me to "just say no."

SB
04-08-2005, 07:47 AM
I wouldn't call pot a gateway drug. It is a proven fact that most pot smokers don't go on to other drugs. I would call it a "gate" or "fence" or "barrier" drug.

Wicky
04-08-2005, 07:56 AM
I drank 3 mojitos last night and a couple of beers. I woke up with a splitting headache. :hammerhea
I am now getting ready for work.
My hands are shaky. My head is thumping. I feel like I'm going to puke.
Why in the hell did I drink that shit last night? Oh yeah, I'm going to be REALLY productive today at work. Not.
Yuk,
Wicky

hoolign
04-08-2005, 08:35 AM
You guys are paying 400 an ounce...US money???Holy shit....They grow some of the best pot in the world in B.C....and it's only 200 CDN...or so I've heard :D

Her454
04-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Whats cannibas?
http://www.jetboatsnmore.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_weed.gif

hoolign
04-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Whats cannibas?
http://www.jetboatsnmore.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_weed.gif
I think it's a Canadian fish :confused:

Her454
04-08-2005, 10:02 AM
I think it's a Canadian fish :confused:
Thanks Hoolign, I just hate to be left out of the loop. :)

hoolign
04-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Thanks Hoolign, I just hate to be left out of the loop. :)
No problem..I'm just one man trying to make a difference....any time I can help :D

sorry dog
04-08-2005, 01:03 PM
What's so bad about a messy house??

Jbb
04-08-2005, 01:45 PM
O'dweebs... (http://www.bangedup.com/bu_posts/odweedschappelestus.wmv)

Tom Brown
04-08-2005, 01:56 PM
lol! :D

sorry dog
04-08-2005, 02:33 PM
That's funny