PDA

View Full Version : Tom Papp Fundeck

Jetdriver
04-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Does anyone have one? Got pics? Love to hear your thoughts on them!
Thanks
Shawn

Hustler
04-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Why??

Jetdriver
04-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Im curious! I just love the look of Revndaves boat, would like a better ride than a V and those things have a lot of room for the kiddies and all there goodies! Are any of those reason's satisfactory for you Joe? :D:D:D

Jake W2
04-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Jetdriver I agree Revndaves Edge is bad mother.I do not think I would go fun deck but would be nice to have one of thoes 21s.
What does Papp sell them for bare hull trailer?was thinking of getting a cruzer to go with the gullwing but you could kill two birds with one stone with one of thoes. :)
Jake

Hustler
04-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Im curious! I just love the look of Revndaves boat, would like a better ride than a V and those things have a lot of room for the kiddies and all there goodies! Are any of those reason's satisfactory for you Joe? :D:D:D
You hit the lotto?
Just giving you shit, I like them also but I cant afford one. Give Tom a call he's a very cool guy to deal with and will be straight up with you.

Jetdriver
04-04-2005, 05:14 PM
You hit the lotto?
Just giving you shit, I like them also but I cant afford one. Give Tom a call he's a very cool guy to deal with and will be straight up with you.
I wish I won the lotto, hell Id be buying you and I both one! Ill give him a call when I can actually talk business, right now Im just trying to get more info, I think it would be a good fit for me and the fam. I can get some performance and the wife and kids can have something they can walk all over and tube and whatnot behind. But as I said, Im just thinking outloud right now. I was just hoping someone on here might own one that could give me some insight on what they like and dislike about it and what they would do different. Right now I think my setup preference would lean towards a 502 and an agressor pump. I think as far as color goes I would let my son pick that out. :D

Hustler
04-04-2005, 05:27 PM
You could save yourself some money pull the motor and pump from your boat then sell it, just a thought :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-04-2005, 05:38 PM
I agree, those boats look bitchin' and I bet they turn good numbers.I think they are around 40K rigged but I'm not sure.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-04-2005, 05:44 PM
here it is.............
http://www.ultraboats.com/instock/instock_frame.html

bp
04-04-2005, 06:05 PM
... or just pm johnwithjm...

MudPumper
04-04-2005, 06:10 PM
http://www.ultraboats.com/instock_images/115.jpg
http://www.ultraboats.com/instock_images/115-4.jpg

MudPumper
04-04-2005, 06:20 PM
http://www.ultraboats.com/admin/images/251.jpg
http://www.ultraboats.com/admin/images/214.jpg
http://www.ultraboats.com/admin/images/213.jpg
http://www.ultraboats.com/admin/images/216.jpg
http://www.ultraboats.com/admin/images/74.jpg

Taylorman
04-04-2005, 06:27 PM
I love the Ultra 21 deck. I'd love to have one. Would be a great compromise between a family ski boat and a kick ass jet. I was told they run 70 with the 502 Ultra puts in them. I saw a used on on Ultra's sight fori think $50k.

Jetdriver
04-04-2005, 08:02 PM
So is Tom not building these at all now, and Ultra is doing it all? I remember John and I talking about him buying a mold from Tom but I thought that he was still building them as well. Not that I have a problem with Ultra in the least, I just would like Tom to set up the pump and motor for me. I have never heard anything but great things about him and the way he sets a boat up.

Jetdriver
04-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Ttt!

flat broke
04-05-2005, 07:45 AM
You could save yourself some money pull the motor and pump from your boat then sell it, just a thought :D
You're not angling for a new home for that blower motor are you? :D
In all seriousness though, those fundecks are a great compromise. My only concern would be their viability on Havasu or other larger lakes as it seems like it'd be easy to stuff the nose and take on a bunch of water quickly. I've never heard of it happening, but it was something that I have always wondered about. As far as who to buy from, I think you'd get a fair shake if you go with John or Tom. You might be surprised at how economical it may be to use your existing pump and motor in a new hull. Motor and drive packages are the biggest $$$ outlay for new boat builders. I would think most of their profit is in the stuff they actually build, so bringing in your own mill and drive may not be such a bad idea.
Chris

Jetdriver
04-05-2005, 07:52 AM
I understand the whole use your own stuff thing, but if Im having a brand new boat built, I want everything to be brand new! Plus I would rather get max out of the sale of the exisitng boat!

nodigg
04-05-2005, 07:57 AM
And I was thinking I had too much orange!
http://www.ultraboats.com/admin/images/213.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1865no_doubt_progress_029-med.jpg

superdave013
04-05-2005, 08:03 AM
Not that I have a problem with Ultra in the least, I just would like Tom to set up the pump and motor for me. I have never heard anything but great things about him and the way he sets a boat up.
That sounds like a great way to go if you ask me. Ultra's glecoat is second to none. And sending it over to Papp to get rigged should be no problem. His shop is located in the back of Ultra's Corona location.

Jetdriver
04-05-2005, 08:38 AM
That sounds like a great way to go if you ask me. Ultra's glecoat is second to none. And sending it over to Papp to get rigged should be no problem. His shop is located in the back of Ultra's Corona location.
Thats kinda what I was thinking! Let Tom blueprint the bottom and set'r up! :D Ok now to just figure out how to get that kinda money! :D

Johnwithjm
04-05-2005, 09:18 AM
The story with the 21 deck is that I bought the molds from Papp 4 or 5 years ago. The boats are being build by Ultra only now. Hope this help clear things up. If you have any questions you can give me or John West a call 951-734-6000.

Jetdriver
04-05-2005, 09:31 AM
Sounds good John! Im sure at some point the wife and I will be paying you a visit. :D

Johnwithjm
04-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Sounds good John! Im sure at some point the wife and I will be paying you a visit. :D
No problem I have one here if you and the wife want to come in and take a look.

Jetdriver
04-05-2005, 10:24 AM
No problem I have one here if you and the wife want to come in and take a look.
We are leaving for Oregon tomorrow, maybe when we come back we will make a trip on down to see ya! Thanks for the info John!

Jetdriver
04-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Anyone own one?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Just a bump for 454 ways to go.....

pattymelt18
03-23-2006, 12:58 PM
My dad has one we its a bitchen boat pretty heavy though we take to havasu on off days and have a great ride and on the lower river you can really appreciate the boats style and comfort even with a jet. :rollside:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-23-2006, 03:15 PM
My dad has one we its a bitchen boat pretty heavy though we take to havasu on off days and have a great ride and on the lower river you can really appreciate the boats style and comfort even with a jet. :rollside:
Thats what my friend is looking for. He'll be online tonight and check this thread;) Thanks for the info;)

J.C.
03-23-2006, 07:08 PM
there is one in the arizona boat trader.it is the edge fundeck.asking in the 20's for it.it's a real nice boat.

Lightning
03-23-2006, 07:24 PM
You're not angling for a new home for that blower motor are you? :D
In all seriousness though, those fundecks are a great compromise. My only concern would be their viability on Havasu or other larger lakes as it seems like it'd be easy to stuff the nose and take on a bunch of water quickly. I've never heard of it happening, but it was something that I have always wondered about. As far as who to buy from, I think you'd get a fair shake if you go with John or Tom. You might be surprised at how economical it may be to use your existing pump and motor in a new hull. Motor and drive packages are the biggest $$$ outlay for new boat builders. I would think most of their profit is in the stuff they actually build, so bringing in your own mill and drive may not be such a bad idea.
Chris
I have talked to a few who have owned one, and they do act like a big shovel when it's really choppy....but other then that, they are a great boat and have a reasonable amount of room.

Psycho Squid
03-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Im curious! I just love the look of Revndaves boat, would like a better ride than a V and those things have a lot of room for the kiddies and all there goodies! Are any of those reason's satisfactory for you Joe? :D:D:DRev-enous dave does'not have a fun deck......
Squid

TRG
03-23-2006, 09:53 PM
The story with the 21 deck is that I bought the molds from Papp 4 or 5 years ago. The boats are being build by Ultra only now. Hope this help clear things up. If you have any questions you can give me or John West a call 951-734-6000.
Will you lay one up in carbon/kevlar?... That would be pretty RAD! :crossx:

Jetdriver
03-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Rev-enous dave does'not have a fun deck......
Squid
No shit! But his bottom is the same as the fun deck. Same basic shape. Oh thanks for bringing this back to life a year ****ing later too. :argue: :D

Johnwithjm
03-24-2006, 09:46 AM
I have talked to a few who have owned one, and they do act like a big shovel when it's really choppy....but other then that, they are a great boat and have a reasonable amount of room.
I own a 21 deck and I don't have a problem with it being a big shovel in chop.

Johnwithjm
03-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Will you lay one up in carbon/kevlar?... That would be pretty RAD! :crossx:
If you want a carbon/kevlar hull I am sure we can take care of that for you Todd.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
03-25-2006, 07:55 AM
No shit! But his bottom is the same as the fun deck. Same basic shape. Oh thanks for bringing this back to life a year ****ing later too. :argue: :D
He wanted to read everyones replies. Dont worry I thought of you when I posted :rolleyes: :D :D :D

AngryJosh
03-25-2006, 08:43 AM
God luck with this buddy, I think thats a bitchen choice

Danhercules
03-25-2006, 10:50 PM
there is one in the arizona boat trader.it is the edge fundeck.asking in the 20's for it.it's a real nice boat.
Got a link???

Scarab Jet
03-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Is this ad only in the paper version of it? If so, can you please post a copy of the picture and description of it for us to see? I am down in CA and don't have access to the Arizona BoatTrader magazine...
Thanx in advance...
Mike...