PDA

View Full Version : Death Toll

burtandnancy
04-04-2005, 01:20 PM
So whats the death toll so far from the river? Two Saturday's it ago it was 2, but now the bad news comes out that there was another bad one last Saturday as well. People keep posting complaints on how high our insurance is, then follows another story of tragedy on the water. Its getting spooky out there...

WYRD
04-04-2005, 01:29 PM
I will take the odds anyday though no worse than driving So Cals freeways :rollside:

Essex502
04-04-2005, 01:38 PM
So whats the death toll so far from the river? Two Saturday's it ago it was 2, but now the bad news comes out that there was another bad one last Saturday as well. People keep posting complaints on how high our insurance is, then follows another story of tragedy on the water. Its getting spooky out there...
What happened last Saturday?

dicudmore
04-04-2005, 01:50 PM
what happened saturday?? ?? ??

Parker Dreamin
04-04-2005, 01:55 PM
this past weekend...fill us in...

burtandnancy
04-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Two Saturdays ago, two guys got killed in a stuff near Black Meadows, this past Saturday there was a collision between two boats near Copper Canyon. I don't know first hand how many were killed, thats why I'm asking from someone who was/is there.
Also, I don't think the accident toll is nearly as high at Lake Mead, but I may be mistaken.

Big Warlock
04-04-2005, 01:56 PM
I saw there was a fire. Rumor was it was the big Magic that blew a water pump and fire started. It was brought under control and I bet it gets fixed and back in the water fast. Can anyone confirm? Pics?
I broke down (only death was my pride)!!
Anything else happen??? :idea:

Havasu_Dreamin
04-04-2005, 02:24 PM
I saw there was a fire. Rumor was it was the big Magic that blew a water pump and fire started. It was brought under control and I bet it gets fixed and back in the water fast. Can anyone confirm? Pics?
I heard the same rumor. The big Magic was in Steamboat when we cruised in but was gone when we left at ~5. We did not even see any smoke, or at least I didn't, from steamboat.

Big Warlock
04-04-2005, 02:50 PM
I broke down just outside of Thompson Bay at about 02:00pm. After we tied up for the tow, we saw a rescue boat enroute at hi rate of speed. Saw smoke in the distance, outside of copper canyon. Someone called me this moring and said they heard the 44' Magic had the fire but all was well and not too much damage. They apparently got it back in. But I am fourth hand info. Am looking for someone to confirm. Did not hear about an accident or deaths.
Anyone know anything else? pics?
And don't send me pics of me broke down. I know it was pitiful. And for my critics as to towing through the channel..........well thanks to Wicked Good, it really wasn't that bad. And thanks to the boaters that helped out and understood. For the rest of ya, well hope someone helps you out when you break down....yea, it'll happen one day!! hahahaha :rolleyes: