PDA

View Full Version : New Death Pool......

jdogginla
04-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Now that the Pope has left us (no dis-respect, may he Rest in Peace) there will be a new death pool draft next week. Alot of people are drop'n out of the other pool I'm in, because they say they haven't won and don't want to play anymore. BOO HOO! Basically they are tired of not playing the game correctly.
Here is how it works.......buy in is $50.00 (usually 100.00 but unless we can find enough people who want to play $100, we'll play 50 this time around).
Once we've got enough players........we will draw names out of a hat and hold a serpentine draft according to the order your name is drawn.
Round one will go 1-10
Round two will go 10-1
Round three will go 1-10
There will be 6 rounds
You can choose any well known person that you want. First person that passes that is on someone's list will win the money. Last two times I've won the pot has been between $1,000 -$1,500 bux. It will buy you a nice mod for your truck or boat.......so com'on and play.
A little twisted but simple and fun.
Who's in?

bunny 166
04-04-2005, 01:32 PM
OK, jdogg, I don't really understand how drafts work, so try to explain it to me....this cracked me up the last time I was reading about it. (Of course no disrespect to anyone here regarding the death of someone as beloved as the Pope)
Do I get to choose who is on my list? What if more than one person has the same person, or is that possible? Do you come up with possibilities and then you get what you draw? I want Scott Peterson on my list.... :burningm: :burningm:

WYRD
04-04-2005, 01:42 PM
I am in but I want a breif summary of the rules :D

jdogginla
04-04-2005, 01:45 PM
It's just like a football draft...........once a person/player is taken you can not draft the same person.
Let's say you have the nuber 3 draft pick.
U get the 3rd pick in the 1st round, u will then get the 8th pick in the 2nd round, then the 3rd pick in the 3rd round, the 8th pick in the 4th, the third pick in the 5th, and the 8th pick in the 6th round.
So if we have 6 rounds and 10 people........we could have more but this is example is based on 10 people, u should prepare by having a list of 60 + people, just in case some of your choices are picked before you.
Again......once a person is drafted, another person can not draft that same person.

WYRD
04-04-2005, 01:49 PM
What if nobody dies on the list

jdogginla
04-04-2005, 01:52 PM
What if nobody dies on the list
U have to be smart and pick wisely........but if after 6 months we will re-draft. Although i've never been in one that's gone longer than six months.

WYRD
04-04-2005, 01:55 PM
I am in. We should get together some where in So Cal to draw names and while we are there drink some Beer :D :D

bunny 166
04-04-2005, 02:12 PM
I am in. We should get together some where in So Cal to draw names and while we are there drink some Beer :D :D
Excellent idea....when and where?? :smile:

jdogginla
04-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Ok......so the list starts now
Jdogginla - Jason
WYD
Bunny

bunny 166
04-04-2005, 02:24 PM
OK, sorry if I sound lame....just to be sure--when we meet I need my own list of names, and we choose when it's our turn to choose. If someone else takes a name that I have on my list, I can't have them, right? And how many people will be on our list in the end? I saw if no one kicks it we re-pick in 6 months....
I bet no one had Johnny Cochran on their list! :squiggle: Go figure!

WYRD
04-04-2005, 02:27 PM
That is the way it sounds to me Bunny. How many people do we need to play. Is it first person takes all or is there a breakdown for each round for the pay out? :crossx:

jdogginla
04-04-2005, 02:31 PM
OK, sorry if I sound lame....just to be sure--when we meet I need my own list of names, and we choose when it's our turn to choose. If someone else takes a name that I have on my list, I can't have them, right? And how many people will be on our list in the end? I saw if no one kicks it we re-pick in 6 months....
I bet no one had Johnny Cochran on their list! :squiggle: Go figure!
You are correct.......if someone picks before you, and they pick someone you wanted, u can not pick them . You should prioritize your list, so you pick the ones you really want first. As far how many will be on your list at the end????? That will vary to how many people play. We have usually played with 11 people and played 6 rounds. That means you will have 6 people on your list. If we were to get 20 people though.........I would suggest we play only 4 rounds. Also.......we can try to get together somewhere and choose, but in the past people tend not to show up, which throws the whole game out of whack! But ***boaters are a different breed, maybe we can get a few commitments from people and do a get together..........OH SHIT i said the word committment! No one tell my girlfriend I said that word! LOL

jdogginla
04-04-2005, 02:33 PM
That is the way it sounds to me Bunny. How many people do we need to play. Is it first person takes all or is there a breakdown for each round for the pay out? :crossx:
Considering the buy in is at $50.00 we should try to get 10 people. That will be a pot of $500.00. The more the merrier..........again I've usually played in a pool with 11 -15 people with a buy in of $100.00. $50 is a good first game. Next game we can increase if people want to.
First person who dies takes all. If in odd ball chance that two people died on the same day, we would try to establish time of death. If not time of death can be determined for both people, those two players will split the pot.

bunny 166
04-04-2005, 02:35 PM
OK, sounds good. Try to have the get together during the week if possible...weekends are getting really busy around here! :) Jdogg, where in so cal are you? I'm in south oc....

WYRD
04-04-2005, 02:36 PM
You are correct.......if someone picks before you, and they pick someone you wanted, u can not pick them . You should prioritize your list, so you pick the ones you really want first. As far how many will be on your list at the end????? That will vary to how many people play. We have usually played with 11 people and played 6 rounds. That means you will have 6 people on your list. If we were to get 20 people though.........I would suggest we play only 4 rounds. Also.......we can try to get together somewhere and choose, but in the past people tend not to show up, which throws the whole game out of whack! But ***boaters are a different breed, maybe we can get a few commitments from people and do a get together..........OH SHIT i said the word committment! No one tell my girlfriend I said that word! LOL
I have learned around here if you mention beer and Goose everybody shows up............even some you didn't invite :D So lets get a list going on here then pick a place centeraly located. As for the "C" word I am on the phone with your GF right now she says the "L" word to you in tears. In the words of another " YOUR DOOOOOOOMEEEEEDDDD! :D

jdogginla
04-04-2005, 03:02 PM
All righty........we've got three in
Jdogg
WYD
Bunny
Who else want's in

WYRD
04-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Jdogg
WYRD
Bunny
Who else want's in
:D :D

mickeyfinn
04-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Jdogg
WYD
Bunny
Who else want's in
I'm assuming they are going to play, Not being named.. :hammerhea

jdogginla
04-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Yes they are playing........Are you in?
Names on list must be well known names...........can't be your brother's uncle, Or your neighbors wife, LOL.

bunny 166
04-04-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm compiling my list....you guys better be ready :D :D

Kilrtoy
04-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Has anybody ever picked another pool member

bunny 166
04-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Thats not nice!! I'll call you later....

jdogginla
04-04-2005, 06:54 PM
LOL.....nope. Must be a well known figure. C'mon Miguel......if you win you could buy alot of Kool-Aide

bunny 166
04-04-2005, 06:57 PM
LOL.....nope. Must be a well known figure. C'mon Miguel......if you win you could buy alot of Kool-Aide
Yeah!! You gotta get in this thing Miguel :hammer2:

ahhell
04-04-2005, 07:02 PM
didnt Johnny cockroach make number one or two, by my count the Pope was #3..... :wink:

jdogginla
04-04-2005, 07:48 PM
didnt Johnny cockroach make number one or two, by my count the Pope was #3..... :wink:
No one had Johnny on their list........Person must be on someone's list.

Kilrtoy
04-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Even on my liberal standards this is just a little over the top for me

jdogginla
04-05-2005, 12:36 AM
C'mon........we've got three need seven more to make it worth our while.

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 06:07 AM
LMAO! :D
If you go for it, see if they'll let you select Keith Richards.

Dawn Patrol
04-05-2005, 06:44 AM
All righty........we've got four in
Jdogg
WYD
Bunny
Dawn Patrol
Who else want's in
I'm in.

bunny 166
04-06-2005, 09:19 AM
shit shit shit!!!! :( My #1 pick Prince Rainier passed today.....may he rest in peace. There goes my whole game plan and my $500!! .....who else wants in this?? Come on you guys!!! If we had enough players sooner I would be a rich woman....