PDA

View Full Version : Carb problem

taylormanss
04-04-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm having a problem with my carb.When I get in the throttle the boat hesitates If I ease into it ,it runs fine,but if I stand on it it hesitates.I'm running a mild 454 with a victor intake and a 850 dbl pumper demon,I've changed the jets down to 80's all the way around I think last time I rebuilt it I put a 50cc pump in the back and replaced the 30cc that was in it,do you guys think this might have something to do with it? The only other thing I can think of is to change the squirters to a smaller size.It's probably too much carb and intake for this basically stock motor though!

Squirtin Thunder
04-04-2005, 01:52 PM
I'm having a problem with my carb.When I get in the throttle the boat hesitates If I ease into it ,it runs fine,but if I stand on it it hesitates.I'm running a mild 454 with a victor intake and a 850 dbl pumper demon,I've changed the jets down to 80's all the way around I think last time I rebuilt it I put a 50cc pump in the back and replaced the 30cc that was in it,do you guys think this might have something to do with it? The only other thing I can think of is to change the squirters to a smaller size.It's probably too much carb and intake for this basically stock motor though!
Not saying your wrong but it sure sounds like an advance problem in the dist !!!!

taylormanss
04-04-2005, 02:04 PM
A buddy of mine convinced me to put a plug on the vacuum advance,is this how it should be? It's a new accel hei.

Squirtin Thunder
04-04-2005, 02:06 PM
A buddy of mine convinced me to put a plug on the vacuum advance,is this how it should be? It's a new accel hei.
That dist needs it 100% !!! Check to make sure it hold vac then Hook it back up and tell me how it is !!!

taylormanss
04-04-2005, 02:08 PM
I'll do that when I get back home this weekend,and then I'll post ya! thanks randall.

Ol Yeller
04-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Any slop in the secondaries? Demon has an awesome video that will talk the novice thru your basib carb troubleshooting procedures.

taylormanss
04-05-2005, 07:39 AM
thanks the info wade.