PDA

View Full Version : Dodge SRT -10

goneboatin
04-04-2005, 04:31 PM
I've got a hankering for one of those Viper trucks. They say you can tow with the Quad Cab up to 7500 lbs. Anyone out there driven one of those on a regular basis? They look cool. The gas mileage can't be any worse than my 6.0 in my Chevy plus it's slow (the Chevy). :cool:

Cole Trickle
04-05-2005, 07:24 AM
I've got a hankering for one of those Viper trucks. They say you can tow with the Quad Cab up to 7500 lbs. Anyone out there driven one of those on a regular basis? They look cool. The gas mileage can't be any worse than my 6.0 in my Chevy plus it's slow (the Chevy). :cool:
I have driven quite a few of the regular cab 6speed trucks and there O.K. They feel like a really big truck with a crappy long throw shifter and a ton of power and amazing brakes.If I was in the market for the Regular cab I would have bought the Ford Lightning in a heartbeat over the Ram SRT-10(Handling,Modability,price).I think the regular cab would have been sweet if they made it an automatic with light weight 20" wheels.
I haven't driven the crewcab with the automatic yet but they have been running just as good in the 1/4 mile as the regular cab with alot more weight.I would make a pretty pimp tow vehicle but I wouldn't try to tow much over 5K pounds if your hitting any big grades.(I also wouldn't expect gas mileage to be much if any better than your 6.0L
Check out this site for more info:www.srt10forum.com
If you get one let me know I need to test fit our Exhaust system and I can hook you up with a kit for free.
Brandin
Magnaflow Performance Exhaust

goneboatin
04-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Hey Cole, thanks for the info and the offer. It sounds like the SRT-10 QC can be an everyday ride. Gas mileage seems to be on par with my Chevy. Durability...will I get close to the 200,000 miles I know I can probably get on my Chevy? DC will only warranty the drivetrain on the Viper trucks for 3 years / 36,000 miles; not the 7/70 they do on all the other vehicles. But it is one sweet ride. Decisions, decisions.....

Cole Trickle
04-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Hey Cole, thanks for the info and the offer. It sounds like the SRT-10 QC can be an everyday ride. Gas mileage seems to be on par with my Chevy. Durability...will I get close to the 200,000 miles I know I can probably get on my Chevy? DC will only warranty the drivetrain on the Viper trucks for 3 years / 36,000 miles; not the 7/70 they do on all the other vehicles. But it is one sweet ride. Decisions, decisions.....
I would probablly go with the extended warranty since you plan on using it.(Towing) I would wager that the motor and tranny are big dollar items.
Dodge has come along way in the past couple years but I think chevy dependability is better.I bought my girlfriend the Dodge SRT-4 2 years ago and it has been in for service 3 times.(2 stereo replacements and 1 evap cnaister replacemnent)
I think 200K miles out of that truck would be very optimistic.(I have never kept a vehicle over 100K)
Brandin

goneboatin
04-05-2005, 07:19 PM
I think 200K miles out of that truck would be very optimistic.(I have never kept a vehicle over 100K)
Brandin
I had 125,000 on my '99 Silverado when I sold it a couple of years ago. It didn't burn any oil between oil changes, the trans was maintained every year. At 82,000 I replaced the water pump. It was in fantastic condition. I know that things can happen, but I felt confident I could probably pull about 200K out of that truck. Just MHO.
GB