PDA

View Full Version : some help anybody?????anybody???

Nord
04-04-2005, 06:35 PM
I am interviewing for a outside sales position and have gone on to the third interview. It includes three tests:
retail sales test (Average stock, turns, begining inventory etc.)
Mathematical aptitude test (maybe wonderlic)
retail terminology test (25 random retail terms)
Does anybody have any insite on these to help me out!!! The job is very important to me, and I know a lot of people on this site can help!!
Thanks----NORD

Havasu Hangin'
04-04-2005, 06:37 PM
What kind of retail job?

Racer277
04-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Well, of course try to find what they want for stock levels, turns etc.
Also, do you know the average sales cycle (time) in this industry?
I find new sales guys (and managers) often underestimate this in my industry.
Don't know what you want help with exactly.
The simple:difference between markup and margin.
The complicated:ROI's for purchasing the new product.

Nord
04-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Sales rep position!
Returns on inventory will be a big part i'm sure, Just wondering if anybody might have taken the tests and can give me some help!

Havasu Hangin'
04-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Sales rep position!
What type of company!

Nord
04-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Mens and ladies fashion industry, belts, handbags, luggage, jewelry, etc, don't want to jinx it with a name............... :wink:

Racer277
04-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Sorry, we have reached the limit of my experience with that industry. :squiggle:
Maybe the questions should refer to the average time a clothing fad is in? :notam:

Havasu Hangin'
04-04-2005, 06:53 PM
That counts me out.
The only thing I know about men's handbags is that Boatfloating carries one. :supp:

Nord
04-04-2005, 06:59 PM
I don't know where your going with that, but i'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the tests or have some of the questions so i can study (nothing to do with product).
But that was pretty funny! :D

Racer277
04-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Can't help you with that. But, Fwiw, we just lost a potentially good salesperson to Quicksilver Clothing. I feel these guys may be the next Nike. I've traveled across the country, and everyone wears their surf style clothing. I mean they are big in stores down south, midwest, east coast, everywhere.
May take a few years, but I think they'll get there.
Just my .02

ROZ
04-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Also, do you know the average sales cycle (time) in this industry?
I find new sales guys (and managers) often underestimate this in my industry.
it's a delicate balance... The last thig you want to get stuck with is a ton of product at clearance prices that you loose your ass on...