PDA

View Full Version : Ever use a Truck Reprogrammer like this?

moneypit
04-05-2005, 09:09 AM
Let m eknow what your experiences are. Im thinking of tuning my H2
http://www.premiertruckaccessories.com/diablosport.html

ridebig
04-05-2005, 10:15 AM
I use one on my 05 F-250 Powerstroke, BIG gains! :)
I plan on getting one for the wife's Escalade.

Cole Trickle
04-05-2005, 10:18 AM
Diablosport Predator is about the best you can buy as far as the hand held programmers go.
I was able to pick up 18 hp and 16 tq tuning it on a dyno.
I would expect about 7-10 hp and alot better shifting.
Have you towed any big grades with your 28' Nordic yet?
Brandin

racecar.hotshoe
04-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Diablosport Predator is about the best you can buy as far as the hand held programmers go.
Brandin
Brandin,Hows my truck doing?

moneypit
04-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Brandin
No. Thats why Im thinking of programming the H2.. Its a lease so I dont mind beating it up a bit, but If It would help to re-program this thing I would lke to do it.
That boats heavy

Todd969
04-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Used The Diablo on my Cobra and it is the best.... Used a Hypertech III on my V10 Excursion and it also works great.

Cole Trickle
04-05-2005, 12:05 PM
No. Thats why Im thinking of programming the H2.. Its a lease so I dont mind beating it up a bit, but If It would help to re-program this thing I would lke to do it.
That boats heavy
We have a H2 and recently put 20 inch wheels with 37" tires.
Truck looks bitchin but the weight of the vehicle is eating up all of it's towing capacity.
We had no problem towing our new 28' Sleekcraft around town or up minor grades but heading over the pass going through Palm Springs will be pretty tough.(Think 40mph)
The programmer isn't going to do what your hoping.You will feel the shifting but there is no way that 10hp is going to make a difference on a vehicle that weighs 8K pounds.
We are looking at 3 choices
1.Keep the Boat out in Parker and use the truck to haul it around town and launch it.
2. put a Magnacharger on it to bump up the HP.(Gas mileage on the hill will go from bad to I don't even want to think about it)
3.Pray that the H2 with the Duramax/Allison comes out in the next year.(My dad loves the truck and dosen't want to get rid of it)
Brandin