PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a friend

PHOTOGLOU
04-05-2005, 11:15 AM
As many of you know me, I will help out anyone who ask's for my help or indicates they need help....... So I'm asking this for a friend..... Aaron who many of you know through Absolute speed and Marine in Lake Havasu AZ is a very stand-up person. Aaron will stay at work till after midnight to get a customer boat done NOT CHARGING extra for the AFTER HOURS work doing the best to keep everyone happy.... Well Aaron called this morning asking ME if I knew anyone looking for a job in Havasu working at a boat shop (this tells me that Aaron is hiring). He JUST HAD a baby 2 weeks ago and Cheryl (his wife) helps him at the shop usually is now home taking care of Carson some of the time......
SO I ask this of you my ***boat brothers and sisters DO WE know of anyone in Havasu that might need a job????
Aaron works off of the same phylosiphy (sp?) that I do in that more work = more money....... Aaron has his hands full and I'm sure wouldn't mind paying above average wages to get help.....
Aaron charges below what other shop's in Havasu charge for the same work, and does it with a smile knowing that he will be putting in LONG HOURS... Aaron dosen't mind working long hours but still wants and balanced home and business life while keeping all of his existing AND new customers happy and on the water.....
Let's see if we can help Aaron out with some marine tech's so our prices will stay lower while in Havasu.....
Please post whatever you can so we can feed Aaron information on possible employee's or avenue's to find them.................. Or call Aaron at the shop 928 855 2252

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Looking for a friend
I'll be your friend. :)

HCS
04-05-2005, 11:43 AM
I'll be your friend. :)
You moving to Havasu?

Tom Brown
04-05-2005, 11:46 AM
You moving to Havasu?
No but I hate to see a man friendless.

WYRD
04-05-2005, 11:48 AM
I'll be your "friend" ;)
What is with the quotes and the winking Tom? :2purples:

Havasu_Dreamin
04-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Photo, is Aaron looking for someone to take Cheryls place or as a mechanic? your post kind of reads both ways. Just wanted to clarify.

PHOTOGLOU
04-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Mech for sure..............but possibly a phone, sales, desk person also

dicudmore
04-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Mech for sure..............but possibly a phone, sales, desk person also
I might could handle the desk person part....forward the calls to the cell ;)
Jay, I'm gonna need the keys to "slightly cranky" for those mid afternoon lunch breaks :D

Kachina26
04-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Tell him I'll be out in 12 months! 2 times now I've had opportunities for good jobs out there that are just not in my timeframe :(

Boatcop
04-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Tell him I'll be out in 12 months! :(
So exactly how long WAS your sentence? :D :cool:

LHC30Victory
04-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Hey Jay, Friends are good to have and Aaron is very worthy of that friendship. So worthy in fact that I have sent my first born to help him :jawdrop:
Actually, Aaron and my son talked a couple o'weeks ago and they came to a deal. He just has to finish his college semester before he goes there full time.

RiverDave
04-05-2005, 04:24 PM
As many of you know me, I will help out anyone who ask's for my help or indicates they need help....... So I'm asking this for a friend..... Aaron who many of you know through Absolute speed and Marine in Lake Havasu AZ is a very stand-up person. Aaron will stay at work till after midnight to get a customer boat done NOT CHARGING extra for the AFTER HOURS work doing the best to keep everyone happy.... Well Aaron called this morning asking ME if I knew anyone looking for a job in Havasu working at a boat shop (this tells me that Aaron is hiring). He JUST HAD a baby 2 weeks ago and Cheryl (his wife) helps him at the shop usually is now home taking care of Carson some of the time......
SO I ask this of you my ***boat brothers and sisters DO WE know of anyone in Havasu that might need a job????
Aaron works off of the same phylosiphy (sp?) that I do in that more work = more money....... Aaron has his hands full and I'm sure wouldn't mind paying above average wages to get help.....
Aaron charges below what other shop's in Havasu charge for the same work, and does it with a smile knowing that he will be putting in LONG HOURS... Aaron dosen't mind working long hours but still wants and balanced home and business life while keeping all of his existing AND new customers happy and on the water.....
Let's see if we can help Aaron out with some marine tech's so our prices will stay lower while in Havasu.....
Please post whatever you can so we can feed Aaron information on possible employee's or avenue's to find them.................. Or call Aaron at the shop 928 855 2252
There's a young guy that lives in the keys that has worked at several boatshops over the years. I know he's currently just servicing and maintaning alot of the weekenders boats as side work, but he might be interested. I'll let him know about it and see what he says. Seems to do pretty good work, as he just serviced my boat and did some extra work for me and I've was more then pleased with the results.
RD

Kachina26
04-05-2005, 05:47 PM
So exactly how long WAS your sentence? :D :cool:
Hopefully only 11 years.
Nice catch, LMAO!!!!!

Kachina26
04-05-2005, 05:48 PM
There's a young guy that lives in the keys that has worked at several boatshops over the years. I know he's currently just servicing and maintaning alot of the weekenders boats as side work, but he might be interested. I'll let him know about it and see what he says. Seems to do pretty good work, as he just serviced my boat and did some extra work for me and I've was more then pleased with the results.
RD
I heard that guy in the keys does better work after a few beers ;) Hope Aaron pays in 12 oz increments :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-05-2005, 06:45 PM
C'mon guy's......
Anyone know of a guy that can help Aaron out ??? :confused:
Remember no flakes.....or relatives, same thing.... :jawdrop:
Except where LHC30Victory is concerned....I've met his two boys.... ;)
Aaron needs someone like himself or Robert......
Someone you'd trust with your boat......or wife......OK,maybe your boat..
Anyway, this would be a great opportunity to work for a class outfit....
Besides....If Jay goes to work for Aaron.....Aaron will be out of busine$$.....
Hang in their Aaron......It can only get worse !!!!! :D
Later,
CJG
:clover:

LHC30Victory
04-06-2005, 02:24 PM
was that meant to be inspirational?

That Guy
04-06-2005, 03:09 PM
C'mon guy's......
Anyone know of a guy that can help Aaron out ??? :confused:
Remember no flakes.....or relatives, same thing.... :jawdrop:
Except where LHC30Victory is concerned....I've met his two boys.... ;)
Aaron needs someone like himself or Robert......
Someone you'd trust with your boat......or wife......OK,maybe your boat..
Anyway, this would be a great opportunity to work for a class outfit....
Besides....If Jay goes to work for Aaron.....Aaron will be out of busine$$.....
Hang in their Aaron......It can only get worse !!!!! :D
Later,
CJG
:clover:
You can trust me with your wife.... :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-06-2005, 05:19 PM
You can trust me with your wife.... :D
Thanks......... "Benidect Arnold"..... :wink:

WetWillie
04-08-2005, 07:59 PM
I think the thread would have worked better if the title was a little more to the point. Like "Career in Havasu!!"
TTT