PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter just got her license...

BarryMac
04-05-2005, 03:45 PM
I am stoked and worried at the same time, she is already off running errands for me and the capper is that she even offered to take her little sister. Now I can send them away when I wanna chase their Mother around the Sofa, Kitchen Table, Bedroom, Laundry Room, etc... :2purples: :hammerhea

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-05-2005, 03:48 PM
I am stoked and worried at the same time, she is already off running errands for me and the capper is that she even offered to take her little sister. Now I can send them away when I wanna chase their Mother around the Sofa, Kitchen Table, Bedroom, Laundry Room, etc... :2purples: :hammerhea
ahhhhh the all over sex.. :crossx:
well congrats on the lic. good for her. :wink:

NorCal Gameshow
04-05-2005, 03:52 PM
wait 'til you get the next insurance bill :jawdrop:
the bad news is she can only be solo (no one under 20 ) for the first year ..
EDIT---> that is if your daughter is under 18

Ziggy
04-05-2005, 03:56 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Next thing you know Barry, she'll be getting married....and yes, time does go by that fast..
Hey, need another car yet ;) :D

HCS
04-05-2005, 03:58 PM
When I get home I'll post some pics of what my daughter did to my Camaro. :messedup:

BarryMac
04-05-2005, 04:05 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Next thing you know Barry, she'll be getting married....and yes, time does go by that fast..
Hey, need another car yet ;) :D
Not yet, she's driving my wifes old Camry, it's pretty much been sitting since I bought her the Convertible, She says she like's Kia's of all things, you gotta hook-up for me? I think a 3 series is still a bit much for her... :wink: :wink:

JetBoatRich
04-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Congratulations to her :) I can't wait until September when my Daughter is old enough :rolleyes:

Mrs. casean
04-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Congrats to her! But watch out dad... hard to know where she's really going :D I remember those days :) kidding ofcourse :wink:

mike37
04-05-2005, 07:08 PM
congrats to her
my kid just got his license last moth but in calf he cant drive his little brother around and that sucks can wait for six month to pas than he is the taxi serves

Sweet Addiction
04-05-2005, 07:10 PM
When I get home I'll post some pics of what my daughter did to my Camaro. :messedup:
Waiting on those Camaro pics. :D

4-B
04-05-2005, 07:11 PM
I wish her luck in staying dent free. :clover:

Perfect Mixer
04-05-2005, 08:34 PM
It'll be fine, My daughter has had her license for a little over two years now. No problems as of yet. In fact she is the best taxi we could have asked for. She takes her sister everywhere, and has even offered to pick up the wifey and myself up from a night out if needed (like we'd ever hear the end of that!). I recommend pushing the good grade thing with her to get a brake on insurance. It makes a huge difference. Now that she's got a new car for her 18th, she isn't going to need it at the college she picked. Now I need to store another car!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-05-2005, 08:38 PM
That sux! When did that law go into effect? So when my daughter starts driving, she can't take her little brother to the middle school on her way to the high school? Bogus. :cry:

BarryMac
04-06-2005, 07:33 AM
Fortunately for us she wasn't in a big hurry to get her license, she's 18 so the "No one in the car" rule doesn't apply, however her mom and I are still going to be pretty firm on how many passengers are in the car...

NorCal Gameshow
04-06-2005, 09:47 PM
in cali it's actually no passengers in the car for six months, UNLESS it is a family member, i.e. sibling. I was under that rule and I was allowed to drive my sister around.. FUN for me. :220v:
I think the six months has been kicked up to a year ...

ROZ
04-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Whatever you do, don't buy her a car with a back seat! :D
Oh and um, give us locals a headsup the next time she's on the road! :jawdrop: I wanna make sure I have the family in a doorway or under a table in the middle of the house, or something :D:D:D

BarryMac
04-07-2005, 05:24 AM
Whatever you do, don't buy her a car with a back seat! :D
Oh and um, give us locals a headsup the next time she's on the road! :jawdrop: I wanna make sure I have the family in a doorway or under a table in the middle of the house, or something :D:D:D
Dude, she was driving through your neighborhood last night, she was headed to my bro-in-laws, I'll make sure and PM you before the next instance... :D :D :D

ahhell
04-07-2005, 05:24 AM
Its 6 months, my son had the day circled on the calendar when he was able to go "unsolo" march 24...nice, but scarry too. get an older car for the first one, insurance on the boys 78 Nova ....400/yr mfull coverage :D :D :D

BarryMac
04-07-2005, 05:38 AM
Its 6 months, my son had the day circled on the calendar when he was able to go "unsolo" march 24...nice, but scarry too. get an older car for the first one, insurance on the boys 78 Nova ....400/yr mfull coverage :D :D :D
Is that the case even if she's already 18? I have no problem telling her that she can't have her friends in the car...
I was going to sell my wifes old car and buy her an old piece o' crap but the old car was already paid for so to me it didn't make sense to sell one to buy another, if that makes any sense...

oldbuck40
04-07-2005, 05:44 AM
Not yet, she's driving my wifes old Camry, it's pretty much been sitting since I bought her the Convertible, She says she like's Kia's of all things, you gotta hook-up for me? I think a 3 series is still a bit much for her... :wink: :wink:you said KIA they are junk and dont waste your money! they have a warrenty yea but they will not cover 90% of the crap that breaks,my daughter has one and it has been a constant pain in the @zz! oh yea one other thing you might like to know about KIA is you cant buy ANY parts for them at the auto parts store! you have to go to the dealer to buy them,so guess what kinda deal they are going to give you!!! take some vasoline when you go!!!!