PDA

View Full Version : Let's all do something to conserve gas..

KROOZIN
04-25-2006, 07:36 AM
and I don't mean eat less beans.... :p
If we all take a few little steps it will add up, and help our "high demand" situation.
I see so many people on the road, step on the accelerator from red light to red light. How about we all coast a little more if we see a red light ahead? In traffic on the freeway, some people are so eager to gas it up to the bumper in front of them...how about realx, and coast a little.
:cool:

NOCTURNAL
04-25-2006, 07:44 AM
When I see a mast sticking up through the deck of the Skater, I know you will be serious.

Jbb
04-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Dan...you gonna coast between card stops.....?.... :p

Havasu Hangin'
04-25-2006, 07:46 AM
When I see a mast sticking up through the deck of the Skater, I know you will be serious.
Mast...stripper pole....there's a fine line.
:D

KROOZIN
04-25-2006, 07:48 AM
Dan...you gonna coast between card stops.....?.... :p
I haven't taken the boat out for the last month, saving up my fuel miles for this weekend..... :wink: :D

Jyruiz
04-25-2006, 07:48 AM
I have been taking it easy since last year, it definitely makes a difference.

Tom Brown
04-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Another good idea is to maintain a constant speed while cruising. Don't throttle back when you pass close to a low freeboard v-drive. Let him fend for himself and let the chips fall where they may.

Jbb
04-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Another good idea is to maintain a constant speed while cruising. Don't throttle back when you pass close to a low freeboard v-drive. Let him fend for himself and let the chips fall where they may.
chip haters..:mad:

RiverToysJas
04-25-2006, 08:01 AM
Sounds corny, but pretending there's a egg between your foot and the gas pedal will save gas. ;)
RTJas :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-25-2006, 08:02 AM
Sounds corny, but pretending there's a egg between your foot and the gas pedal will save gas. ;)
RTJas :D
I do that...
...but I hard-boiled it first.
:cry:

Kachina26
04-25-2006, 08:15 AM
I cut my speed on my commute to and from work. I used to go 80, now I go 65. It costs me 5 minutes but improved mileage 20%. Went from 31mpg to 37mpg, or thereabouts. I guess that won't work for you folks commuting down in LA :D:D:D

Havasu47
04-25-2006, 08:15 AM
If we all take a few little steps it will add up, and help our "high demand" situation.
I see so many people on the road, step on the accelerator from red light to red light. How about we all coast a little more if we see a red light ahead? In traffic on the freeway, some people are so eager to gas it up to the bumper in front of them...how about realx, and coast a little.
Hey Dan, I'll do my part by pushing your boat off the dock reeeeaaaal hard when we go for our beer run! :D

Havasu47
04-25-2006, 08:17 AM
Seriously, I have been driving slower everywhere and have gained as much as 20% fuel economy....

Dave C
04-25-2006, 08:22 AM
I got one of those meters that tells me what my real-time MPG is (instantaneous)
that car gets such bad gas mileage no matter what I do so I had to turn that damn meter off... to avoid the aggravation :mad:

KROOZIN
04-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Hey Dan, I'll do my part by pushing your boat off the dock reeeeaaaal hard when we go for our beer run! :D
We'll even coast part way... :p
Someone said on here a while back, that in his diesel he doesn't let it rev over 2000rpm....I've been doing that as well, and it helps. The more we are aware, and remember to ease up...the better off we all are.
except for these guys.. :mad:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2595dubaiskigetty4.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2595dubaiskiap1.jpg

Jordy
04-25-2006, 08:57 AM
I save fuel and only use my truck to pull my boat to the lake. The rest of the time I'm in a company truck with a fuel card. :D :D :D

GRUNION
04-25-2006, 08:58 AM
time the lights and pay attention to the dont walk sign you will be able to let off the gas if you know the light is going to turn red. some days i can make it to work without hitting lights.

spectras only
04-25-2006, 09:48 AM
occasionally braking a drive , helping me save some fuel :cry:
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Img_1294.jpg

sorry dog
04-25-2006, 07:44 PM
I think I'm going to help out by not driving to work. That seems to really help milage out.

riverroyal
04-25-2006, 07:46 PM
70mph to havasu friday,instead of 80,see if it helps much.DONT run my ass over on desert center!

2Driver
04-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Seriously, I have been driving slower everywhere and have gained as much as 20% fuel economy....
Got as much as 17 MPG in the 5.3 Avalanche. I usually catch up to the tail gating prick in the BMW sipping starbucks and talking on his cell at the next light anyway. :D :D

riverroyal
04-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Got as much as 17 MPG in the 5.3 Avalanche. I usually catch up to the tail gating prick in the BMW sipping starbucks and talking on his cell at the next light anyway. :D :D
soon?

2Driver
04-25-2006, 08:02 PM
soon?
May 4th-7th. Renting Sultbitch's house. Be around?

Jrocket
04-25-2006, 08:07 PM
occasionally braking a drive , helping me save some fuel :cry:
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Img_1294.jpg
Hd Bravo?I might have one for sale here real soon.

Huckleberry
04-25-2006, 08:09 PM
You could slow WAY down at the poker run. This would save you tons of gas, and allow some of us to pass you for once in our life!!! :D

spectras only
04-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Hd Bravo?I might have one for sale here real soon.
JR , I don't think a HD drive would have faired better ;) . Freaking logs over a foot in diameter embedded in the riverbeds are a menace around here . I'll be happy the day , when our forest industry halts altogether :p :)

DaveA
04-25-2006, 10:06 PM
I save fuel and only use my truck to pull my boat to the lake. The rest of the time I'm in a company truck with a fuel card. :D :D :D
Gee, thanks for doing your part.
Burn all that company gas. If my United Rental stock poops after getting past $34/share, well.....I'll know why....
"Oh, Mr. Kneeland...?"
You oughta try being the owner of the company with your trucks running around out there at $3/gal !
:D :D :D back at ya.