PDA

View Full Version : I am not sure what its called but, i need..

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-05-2005, 08:02 PM
the motorized thingy that i can use to move my trailer around and get them into the tight spots. any ideas what it's called and where i'd get one? and better yet, do you have one and how much are they?

al cole'holic
04-05-2005, 08:04 PM
the motorized thingy that i can use to move my trailer around and get them into the tight spots. any ideas what it's called and where i'd get one? and better yet, do you have one and how much are they?
http://www.powermoverinc.net/
;)

BoatFloating
04-05-2005, 08:06 PM
It's called Power caster :D
http://www.powercaster.com/

tamalewagon
04-05-2005, 08:08 PM
I saw one advertised in Overton's a few years back. Don't know if they still sell them or not. There were two options...one manual and one motorized. Back then, the motorized version was about $400. Hope this helps a little.

OutCole'd
04-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Those are sweet. It sure would make life easier putting the boat away, especially if your by yourself without anyone watching the rear for you.

HOOTER SLED-
04-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Try Harbor Freight. There are a bunch of their stores all around.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-06-2005, 07:35 AM
I can back it in for you for a beer. :D

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-06-2005, 11:03 AM
I can back it in for you for a beer. :D
with a back like that i'll give ya 2!!!!

OutCole'd
04-07-2005, 05:09 AM
ttt
Does anyone here have & use one? How good do they really work?

voodoomedman
04-07-2005, 06:27 AM
ttt
Does anyone here have & use one? How good do they really work?
I have a manual one and it works pretty good. I didn't want to spend the money on a motorized one. Going straight back and forth is easy. Making slight turns is okay and it becomes a bit of a pain in sharp turns. Easier with two people but can do it with one(especially just front and back). The manual ones are pretty much 80 bucks plus tax for cheap plastic wheels or 170 plus tax for pneumatic wheels. I decided to check e-bay and there is a company on there called tool america that is kinda like harbor freight and it is only like 30 bucks for the pneumatic tires one. With shipping and everything was like 60 bucks. So it was cheaper than the crappy one to get a good one. Type in trailer dolly on ebay and you should find it. If you have the money then go for the motorized. If you want to save a penny then try this one out.

OutCole'd
04-07-2005, 06:39 AM
I definately need power, triple axle trailer & sharp turns are the reason I am thinking about it.
Thanks for the tips though.

LAVEYSABRE575
04-07-2005, 06:45 AM
ive seen people convert tillers and use them, they just welded a bracket to hold the ball and disconnected the blades seem to work fine....

NashvilleBound
04-07-2005, 06:51 AM
I've got the PowerMover AC6. I dont know what I did before it. Amazing. It was $900ish. (I bought two, one for a friend) If your considering one, they make the best. Before I had my garage finished here I had the boat in storage. I could unhook it and get it into a storage unit without ANY problems. The boat straight accross almost touches between storage rows....no problem at all.

NorCal Gameshow
04-07-2005, 08:13 AM
ive seen people convert tillers and use them, they just welded a bracket to hold the ball and disconnected the blades seem to work fine....
here's mike37's
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/253Dsc00834-med.jpg

Chase
04-07-2005, 08:42 AM
SAAWWWEEEETTTT!!! :D :D

voodoomedman
04-07-2005, 10:50 AM
I definately need power, triple axle trailer & sharp turns are the reason I am thinking about it.
Thanks for the tips though.
no problem. I'd be interested in an inexpensive power option but almost a grand when I get er done for 60 bones...

OutCole'd
04-07-2005, 02:28 PM
I've got the PowerMover AC6. I dont know what I did before it. Amazing. It was $900ish. (I bought two, one for a friend) If your considering one, they make the best. Before I had my garage finished here I had the boat in storage. I could unhook it and get it into a storage unit without ANY problems. The boat straight accross almost touches between storage rows....no problem at all.
Thanks for the info NB.
How hard was the learning curve to use it? Seems pretty easy to use.

NashvilleBound
04-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the info NB.
How hard was the learning curve to use it? Seems pretty easy to use.
There is no learning curve. He will tell you where to install the coupler on your trailer and its about a 5 minute gig. I put a little blue tape under mine so when I take it off, hopefully, it will not leave marks or rust.. Its just plug it in and go. You will want to play with it for a few minutes...I know I did...but then again, I have no life. I still use it all the time to pull the boat out for a wash or whatever. Its amazingly easy and powerfull. If you have to go a long way its pretty slow but you will appreciate it when you are in tight quarters. I can park my boat 2 or 3 inches from the wall without any worries. Its very strong so hills and such are a breeze as long as the tires are dry.

Raisin Wake
04-07-2005, 06:44 PM
here's mike37's
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/253Dsc00834-med.jpg
Anybody got an old tiller they want to part with? I'll buy it. I'd like to make one of these.

Chico&Zeus
04-08-2005, 06:50 PM
I got the parts for under $200 and after a little time making the frame, I can now easily move my boat in and out of storage with no problem. I needed to build this because I put my boat into storage bow first...kind of hard to back it in that way!

Chico&Zeus
04-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Heres thepic.......
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=69746

HM
04-18-2005, 07:59 AM
Power Caster and Power Mover both make nice ones, and they have several models. The guy who started Power Mover used to work for Power Caster or vice versa - don't bring it up to either as they are still sore at each other.
My dad has a powercaster and my buddy has a power mover. The both work awesome. They both bought the $1000 model.
I have seen the home made models using a starter motor and etc. What ever - they usually look as nice as the boat they move.