PDA

View Full Version : What a way to wake up

MsDrmr
04-06-2005, 10:30 AM
I have two bird nests right under my bedroom window, and for the last three years the same two birds come back to lay their eggs. A couple days ago, the birds hatched and this morn I woke up to the sound of the babies calling for their mom. I just love that sound. I can't see them yet cause the nest is too high, but when they get ready to fly we will be able to see them flutter their wings and practice..what a gift :)

spectratoad
04-06-2005, 10:39 AM
I have alot of nest around my property too. We have some doves that nest in my shed every year. I have two eggs on top of my car that didn't make it to the nest. :( It is cool to see them grow and try to fly around though. :p

mirvin
04-06-2005, 10:43 AM
That's pretty cool.
My house has these huge porches front and back. Lots of nice shelter for the little birdies and their nests......they come around every year...problem is that we have CATS!!!
:frown: :(
mirvin

MsDrmr
04-06-2005, 10:46 AM
That's pretty cool.
My house has these huge porches front and back. Lots of nice shelter for the little birdies and their nests......they come around every year...problem is that we have CATS!!!
:frown: :(
mirvin
Well then, get rid of the cats, whats the matter with you :p

hoolign
04-06-2005, 10:49 AM
It's to bad you did'nt notice them earlier..would have made a nice little omlette :jawdrop:

mirvin
04-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Well then, get rid of the cats, whats the matter with you :p
I know.....unfortunately the cat's are surgically attatched to my wife :wink:
Usually we try to discourage the birds from nesting there.
mirvin :)

MsDrmr
04-06-2005, 10:53 AM
I know how that is, I used to be a cat lover myself, but always kept them indoors. Once I met the "mr" he said absolutely no cats indoors. It's been five years now since I have had a cat, and where I miss the personality of cats, I really don't miss the responsibility of them.

mirvin
04-06-2005, 10:57 AM
I know how that is, I used to be a cat lover myself, but always kept them indoors. Once I met the "mr" he said absolutely no cats indoors. It's been five years now since I have had a cat, and where I miss the personality of cats, I really don't miss the responsibility of them.
SOunds like you need yourself a new kitty!!
I was always a dog person myself. I've learned to like the kitties
:wink:
mirvin

BarryMac
04-06-2005, 11:04 AM
A pellet gun would have cured your problem, then you could have fallen back to sleep... :hammer2:

Mrs. 4-B
04-06-2005, 11:15 AM
I love waking up to the sound of the birds snging...Springtime is great! It means summer is around the corner! :D

Ziggy
04-06-2005, 12:36 PM
We've had various birds build nests on or around the house over the years. Most are ok but some are really messy buggers.
The ones I can't stand are the Noisy ass Mocking birds.....Those suckers sing all night long and they are loud as hell.

Norseman
04-06-2005, 12:44 PM
My brother in law tries to take care of all the cats in his neighborhood. :squiggle:
He takes them to work with him, or atleast 1/2 way. Seems there is a really high bridge on the way to work, and he drops them off there!!! :supp: :D

MsDrmr
04-06-2005, 12:47 PM
My brother in law tries to take care of all the cats in his neighborhood. :squiggle:
He takes them to work with him, or atleast 1/2 way. Seems there is a really high bridge on the way to work, and he drops them off there!!! :supp: :D
I didn't want to hear that,,,thats sad. I don't want the cats to be killed or injured, I just don't want any... We are lucky in our neighborhood, we don't have any stray cats around here. A few dogs that run loose and like to crap on the yard but thats it. :mad:

AzLakeLizard
04-06-2005, 01:03 PM
It's to bad you did'nt notice them earlier..would have made a nice little omlette :jawdrop:
Oh Good Grief! :yuk:

franky
04-06-2005, 01:20 PM
.....and I though this would be a thread about bl*w jobs

spectratoad
04-06-2005, 04:47 PM
I miss the personality of cats, I really don't miss the responsibility of them.
Cats have personalities?? :confused: :hammerhea I can't wait till my wife's either gets out to play with the coyotes or otherwise is out of my hair.
.....and I though this would be a thread about bl*w jobs
That was my first thought. mrsdrmr tells very good stories. :jawdrop: