PDA

View Full Version : New Trident update

phebus
04-06-2005, 12:35 PM
There is a new Trident Revolution update out. It's nice to see the progress, and nice to see they aren't compromising any of their values and rushing to get their boat on the water. Quality build, I can't wait to see the final product.

NashvilleBound
04-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Its nice to see #1 sitting on a trailer. Gives it a better perspective. I didnt see any other shots of the boat tho....engine area.....did I miss it?

redi4fun
04-06-2005, 01:47 PM
I still cannot believe how damn light the Trident is. 2000lbs with full tanks of gas. Incredible!!!!!!

phebus
04-06-2005, 02:14 PM
I still cannot believe how damn light the Trident is. 2000lbs with full tanks of gas. Incredible!!!!!!
No that was a bare hull with fuel tanks, I didn't see a mention of full tanks.
I don't have a perspective of what that means. I know what similar sized boats weigh fully rigged, but don't have an idea of what the Trident will weigh fully rigged, with upholstery, engine, drive, batteries, stereo, etc. It will be interesting to see.
Here is a clip from the update:
"The prototype hull, #001, came out of the mold incredibly light and strong. The bare hull with fuel tank was under 2,000 pounds,"

Froggystyle
04-06-2005, 02:20 PM
I don't have a perspective of what that means. I know what similar sized boats weigh fully rigged, but don't have an idea of what the Trident will weigh fully rigged, with upholstery, engine, drive, batteries, stereo, etc. It will be interesting to see.
"The prototype hull, #001, came out of the mold incredibly light and strong. The bare hull with fuel tank was under 2,000 pounds,"
Correct. Empty fuel tank.
The boat was projected to weigh less than 4,000 pounds completely built with audio/video, fuel tank, engine, drive, interior etc... It now looks like it is going to come in way shy of that. We are shooting for 3,700 pounds now.
My 21' Ultra weighed 3,600 for perspective. The bare hull on most cats this size is at or in excess of 3,500 pounds empty.
This thing is going to be a rocket.

redi4fun
04-06-2005, 02:24 PM
My bad, I was looking at the pictures out of the corner of my eye while trying to read the type and I read FULL instead of FUEL. That is what I get for trying to do two things at once. :hammer2:
Never the less I am sure I read this correctly,
"The first is the Revolution with its Corecell-infused construction, its 1.5” Corecell bulkheads and less than a 1/16” tolerance on every fit piece. The second is laminated in the standard way, with plywood throughout and some coremat on the hullsides. The first weighs 1.9 pounds per square foot. The second weighs in over 8. With comperable equipment on board that is a huge weight difference. :eek:

redi4fun
04-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Damn you guys type fast.
Like I have told others,
"I am a pecker not a typer." :rollside:

Froggystyle
04-06-2005, 02:29 PM
With comperable equipment on board that is a huge weight difference. :eek:
Yes it is. It will be an enormous difference when taken horsepower for horsepower, but we aren't... With over 175 horspower more than the good stock packages, it will be in a performance class of it's own.

phebus
04-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Of course for insurance reasons, I'm sure it wont go over 70, right? Ha Ha. :D Twin turbo, big motor, light lay-up. Sounds like a rocket with NASA technology.

redi4fun
04-06-2005, 02:37 PM
I must make the trip to El Cajon one day to see the Trident in person and to pick up some Trident gear.

Lightning
04-06-2005, 02:53 PM
I must make the trip to El Cajon one day to see the Trident in person and to pick up some Trident gear.
I'm sure Wes would be happy to have a visit. Be ready to be impressed, it's like they're on another planet with what they are doing.

Froggystyle
04-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Of course for insurance reasons, I'm sure it wont go over 70, right? Ha Ha. :D Twin turbo, big motor, light lay-up. Sounds like a rocket with NASA technology.
Actually, it will be a single turbo the size of a motorcycle helmet, and it will be heavily restricted as delivered.
It will do 70. It will deliver with less than 600hp. This is for sure.
Also for sure is that it will develop nearly 1000hp for free if you want to wad up your motor warranty. But, with the serious benefit from an insurance perspective combined with the reality that 70 is really, really fast and if you outrun everyone in the low end who cares... I anticipate the boat delivering with plenty of power with no mods.

78Eliminator
04-06-2005, 08:11 PM
will be heavily restricted as delivered.
It will do 70. It will deliver with less than 600hp. This is for sure.
That is, unless, you give me a little "under the table" tip. ;) :D