PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for careers in the boating industry?

SeaYa
04-06-2005, 12:57 PM
I graduated from college about 5 years ago and I'd really like to get a job in the boating industry. My degree/background is in mechanical engineering and I have a decent job making good money, but all I think about is boats. To be really successful you have to love what you do so my best shot would be to somehow work in this industry. I don't have any professional experience related to boating but I spent all of my off time during college working retail sales at a West Marine. Any help or recommendations from everybody would be greatly appreciated. (career paths, good companies, etc.)

hoolign
04-06-2005, 12:57 PM
I think RD id looking for a designated driver :D

PHOTOGLOU
04-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Where do you live?????????????????????????????

RiverDave
04-06-2005, 01:00 PM
I graduated from college about 5 years ago and I'd really like to get a job in the boating industry. My degree/background is in mechanical engineering and I have a decent job making good money, but all I think about is boats. To be really successful you have to love what you do so my best shot would be to somehow work in this industry. I don't have any professional experience related to boating but I spent all of my off time during college working retail sales at a West Marine. Any help or recommendations from everybody would be greatly appreciated. (career paths, good companies, etc.)
Do you know Solid Works or Pro Engineer? I might have some part time modelling / engineering work for you. (designing billet boat parts)
RD

SeaYa
04-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Where do you live?????????????????????????????
I'm in Jersey, but I would move in a second. No relocation assistance necessary :cool:

SeaYa
04-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Do you know Solid Works or Pro Engineer? I might have some part time modelling / engineering work for you. (designing billet boat parts)
RD
I'm a whiz on autocad. My current company should be getting solidworks in the next month, so I'll have that under my belt shortly. I've designed and machined a ton of prototype parts for medical, military, and space applications.

IN2MX
04-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Contact Photoglou on the boards or Aaron at Absolute Marine in Lake Havasu, Az......
Great company to work for and you are in paradise...

Jordy
04-06-2005, 04:39 PM
I also seem to recall that Trident is always looking for people and it seems to me that blank slates are better. ;)

AZKC
04-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Sales :D