PDA

View Full Version : help with truck bath

MsDrmr
04-06-2005, 02:15 PM
I wash my truck once a week (usually) and here in my city we have such hard water that no matter what time of day I wash it, or how quickly I dry the truck, the water spots show up horribly on the truck. Does anyone know how to get rid or prevent water spots on blue Fords

phebus
04-06-2005, 02:18 PM
My only suggestion would be if you can't dry it before the spots form, would be to go to one of the do it yourself car washes. They usually use deionized water, and shouldn't spot.

Chase
04-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Buy a GM!!! :D :D :D

jdf
04-06-2005, 02:28 PM
put calgon in you wash water in will help i do this all the time

GHTRIM
04-06-2005, 02:31 PM
I wash my truck once a week (usually) and here in my city we have such hard water that no matter what time of day I wash it, or how quickly I dry the truck, the water spots show up horribly on the truck. Does anyone know how to get rid or prevent water spots on blue Fords
Yea, this is the only way to stop water spots on a blue Ford..... :idea:
Buy a white Chevy.... :supp: :hammer2: :D :D (j/k)

GHTRIM
04-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Buy a GM!!! :D :D :D
Didn't realize you beat me to the GM line. :hammer2: :hammerhea

Throttle
04-06-2005, 02:38 PM
try spraying meguiars final inspection on the wet surface while drying... I had not tried it with water as bad as what yours sounds but it works for me.

Mrs. 4-B
04-06-2005, 02:44 PM
I use the car wash system by Mr. Clean. You can get it at Target. It is a gun that attaches to your hose and has a soap cartridge and a cartridge that will deionize the rinse water. I no longer have to dry my beast! It really works well and very few spots.

Ziggy
04-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Be sure to have good wax on it.
Find shade to work under.
Work faster.
use the spotless car washes out there--they do work.
Have someone else do it.
Punt.

Keithb87
04-06-2005, 04:01 PM
You need to wash the truck in a bikini and have someone take pictures. Then you need to post the pics so we can analyse the way that you are washing the truck. Be sure to get some good shots of you over the hood.
With out pictures I don't think we can help. :D

JustMVG
04-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Mrs.D bring it on over here we can wash it with the rest of the cars and trucks, we use the Mr. Clean dealio and the spots are gone, the thing works great. worth the money IMO due to the water we have out our way.... MikeVG

hoolign
04-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Have you tried driving through naked?

Havasu Cig
04-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Water deionizer is the best way. I rent one for $35 a month and use it on the boat and Harley. No need to wipe off at all. You can get different size bottles, the one I use makes about 1500 gallons. When it needs to be replaced they come to my house and do it.

jbtrailerjim
04-06-2005, 04:15 PM
I use the car wash system by Mr. Clean. You can get it at Target. It is a gun that attaches to your hose and has a soap cartridge and a cartridge that will deionize the rinse water. I no longer have to dry my beast! It really works well and very few spots.
The Mr Clean thing really works. Or do like somebody else mentioned and go to one of the do it youself car washes. The water is horrible at my house too.

charlyox
04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Try the Mr. Clean wash kit.I used it on my Jeep yesterday and the rinse has something in it to prevent water spots.

XtrmWakeborder
04-06-2005, 04:21 PM
I've heard good things about getting an industrial de ionizer. Personally the mr. clean thing doesn't work worth crap on my ride, but i actually go around my car 20 or so times with a micro towel looking for them and whiping them off. I think i'm just too impacient for the weak de ionized spray to fully wash off the spray left on my truck.

Captain Dan
04-06-2005, 04:26 PM
put calgon in you wash water in will help i do this all the time
Ancient Chinese Secret, Huh?
:D

Havasu Cig
04-06-2005, 04:56 PM
I've heard good things about getting an industrial de ionizer. Personally the mr. clean thing doesn't work worth crap on my ride, but i actually go around my car 20 or so times with a micro towel looking for them and whiping them off. I think i'm just too impacient for the weak de ionized spray to fully wash off the spray left on my truck.
I agree, I tryed the Mr.Clean thing on the motors in my boat because I did not want to take the deionizer to the ramp, but I was not happy with it. It does not put out enough water and takes forever to wash something. If you get a regular deionizer it will have the same pressure as your garden hose or you can even use a pressure washer. The do it your self car washes still leave some little spots. The commercial deionizer does not leave any. My harley is black with lots of chrome and it works bitchen on it.

Liberator TJ1984
04-06-2005, 05:04 PM
It's a little more work but Simple Green makes a Marine Water Spot remover..just pour some on a towel and wipe on the spots , works great , tried some on the boat last weekend and even removed spots on the engine that were a pain to get rid of before

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-06-2005, 05:11 PM
You wash your own truck?
:confused:

LOWRIVER2
04-19-2005, 08:20 AM
Just saw this thread,
I've owned D I tanks for last 15 years for my detailing biz, worth every penny. Plenty of DI company's around to recharge for you. My neighbors like to borrow/chip in on recharge too/lol. Once you go DI, you'll never use reg. water again.