SAVE YOUR MONEY

jdogginla
04-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Have one in the new truck........love it. :D

jdogginla
04-06-2005, 07:05 PM
I have the only answer,
SAVE YOUR MONEY
Miguel, u don't like yours? U have it in the Truck or the Vette?

spectratoad
04-06-2005, 07:06 PM
I have it and really like it. Not sure about their "commercial free" saying though. Still trying to figure out why they advertise XM radio on XM radio??? Seems to me that if I hear it on XM I already have it. :hammerhea
They also offered me the Playboy channel but I told the girl it just doesn't seem all that fun without some video. She had a real cute giggle. :wink:

riverbound
04-06-2005, 07:07 PM
I have one in the truck, one in the wifes tahoe and one in the boat. What do you need to know??

riverroyal
04-06-2005, 07:08 PM
how does it work?do i go buy the unit,then what?,,,i want it for our boat which has a Sony head unit that is XM ready,also can i use it in my new truck?,,,is it that portable?,,,does it just use a FM station on any car/boat reciever?,,,,,do i pay the service fee and take it anywhere theres a reciever?,,,,,,,

Kilrtoy
04-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Miguel, u don't like yours? U have it in the Truck or the Vette?
Yes i do and it was a waste of $600.
they play crap. I let it expire after the first 2 months and 3 months....
IT SUCKS

riverroyal
04-06-2005, 07:12 PM
like just endless bad songs?,,,or bad channels?

GHTRIM
04-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Have one in the boat, wifes Yukon, and my work truck... We both love it. I would imagine the reason Kilr doesn't like it is he is always traveling too fast (in all of his fast vehicles) that he doesn't get good reception. :idea: :confused: :idea: :confused:

racecar.hotshoe
04-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Yes i do and it was a waste of $600.
they play crap. I let it expire after the first 2 months and 3 months....
IT SUCKS
I like mine Ch 150................ :coffeycup :D

riverroyal
04-06-2005, 07:16 PM
so hows it work?

Kilrtoy
04-06-2005, 07:18 PM
The music is nothing I listen to on ANY CHANNEL. They dont play very good music. I have listened alll the way to the river and back 10 hours total. Could not find anything worth listening too....
EVEN THE COUNTRY CHANNEL SUCK

riverroyal
04-06-2005, 07:19 PM
so my guess is you dont care for it :boxed:

GHTRIM
04-06-2005, 07:20 PM
:cry: :cry: :notam:

Phat Matt
04-06-2005, 07:20 PM
so hows it work?
http://www.xmradio.com/learn/index.jsp

RitcheyRch
04-06-2005, 07:21 PM
I have it and love it. I find myself listening to the comedy channels on long trips.

uclahater
04-06-2005, 07:22 PM
The music is nothing I listen to on ANY CHANNEL. They dont play very good music. I have listened alll the way to the river and back 10 hours total. Could not find anything worth listening too....
EVEN THE COUNTRY CHANNEL SUCK
All country channels suck :idea: :idea:
I have Sirius, and love it :crossx: :crossx:

riverroyal
04-06-2005, 07:22 PM
i checked that out,,im still confused,,,ha,,,,can i go buy one tommorrow,go to my boat saturday with a cell phone and a credit card,in havasu,and make it work?

Phat Matt
04-06-2005, 07:25 PM
i checked that out,,im still confused,,,ha,,,,can i go buy one tommorrow,go to my boat saturday with a cell phone and a credit card,in havasu,and make it work?
Yeah. You have to buy the correct reciever for your head unit and an antannae. Plug them in and call 'em. Get the model of your head unit and go to best buy or something and tell them what you want. They should be able to take care of you.

riverroyal
04-06-2005, 07:27 PM
its a new sony unit,,the antennae thing,,does it plug in rear of the deck?

Raisin Wake
04-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Worth every penny, espically if you like baseball....... and the comedy channel is awesome......

Phat Matt
04-06-2005, 07:34 PM
its a new sony unit,,the antennae thing,,does it plug in rear of the deck?
Yes. If you get the hardwired version. But if you want to do something portable you have other options but it won't be a clean out of the way install.
Here is the universal reciever and then you would get the sony adapter and your head unit would control it. But if you want to do something that you put in a cradle and run it off a radio frequency channel I think you could do that also. Just tell the people what you want and they shoudl be able to steer you in the right directions.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HcMkNq8SPX5/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=247350&id=other_items&i=209XMD1000

riverroyal
04-06-2005, 07:39 PM
best buy tommorrow,,,,,,,,im burned out on CDs and the only crappy rock station in havasu

Kilrtoy
04-06-2005, 07:44 PM
best buy tommorrow,,,,,,,,im burned out on CDs and the only crappy rock station in havasu
Better listen to talk radio, Xm is only worse

riverroyal
04-06-2005, 07:48 PM
how can i dance to that

Parker Dreamin
04-06-2005, 10:19 PM
XM plays better music then the radio, that is for sure....and without bullshit commercials and DJ's talking... I have it in both rides and in boat...

Outnumbered
04-06-2005, 10:22 PM
I've got Sirius on the Dish Network at home and like the programing. No commercials on Sirius. All the old KROQ DJs are on the Alt Rock Classics station 22. I think I'm gonna get a cradle type setup for the boat and my car. They have one out now that has a delay like TIVO. I am so hooked on the DVR/TIVO that I keep trying to pause and rewind all kinds of shit on the radio :boxed:

CNeidhart
04-07-2005, 04:03 AM
The cradle system is the best. I have XM on a cradle and I transfer it from the truck, car, boat and Boom Box for only 1 monthly fee.
For anyone how travels it's perfect. Both Sirrus and XM work in Mexico, 280 mile south of the boarder!
Nothing better then boating (fishing) in the Sea of Cortez with AMERICAN Music!
Before you buy, do you want NFL or PAC10 football? You must get Sirus.
XM Radio has MLB.
Sitrus also had Howard Stern in a few months. :220v:
Good Luck, great investment.

Wild Horses
04-07-2005, 05:15 AM
I also went with Sirius for my 10 hr trips to Havasu. I would rather have NFL and NBA than MLB is the reason I went with Sirius.
Hey Kilr when you drive through all of mountain ranges or chill at Lake Powell its not such a bad thing to have. (you don't have to have your wife change the CD's every 10 min because she gets bored with it. But I guess thats better than getting bored with me and trading in for a different model. :skull: )
Clint

spectratoad
04-07-2005, 05:38 AM
Yes, I bought mine in January on my way to Indiana and called from my cell in the midle of Iowa and had it going in about 10 minutes.

phebus
04-07-2005, 05:52 AM
I activated mine on the boat from the channel in Havasu. Yep, all you need is your cell phone, a credit card, and the radio I.D. number off the radio.

Havasu Hangin'
04-07-2005, 05:56 AM
I activated mine on the boat from the channel in Havasu. Yep, all you need is your cell phone, a credit card, and the radio I.D. number off the radio.
Yep.
Just like radio, I think it's personal preference. I happen to love XM (I feel lost when I drive the other car that doesn't have it). With 200 or so channels, there's always something on.
However, raising the price (in May) was not a good thing... :mad:

BoatPI
04-07-2005, 06:04 AM
Channel 150 Comedy XL has some good stuff.

Wet Dream
04-07-2005, 06:58 AM
XM is the way to go. Buy the Roady2 receiver, you can take it anywhere and has its own built in modulator (FM broadcast frequency), or can be hardwired via RCA jacks or cassette. The R2 can go in anything you want it to. Plus, XM has Opie and Anthony on 202. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-07-2005, 07:22 AM
I have it hardwired into the car and Jeff has the portable unit in his truck. We are planning to use the portable unit in the boat this summer. We love it. I can't understand Kilrtoys hostility towards it. I can't believe out of 200 channels, he couldn't find one that he liked. :confused: I love the country stations, especially 11. I hate top 40 corporate radio. You can actually request things (but only onine, I think). I also like 22 for an alternative mix of rock and my daughter loves the 80's station :rolleyes: What kind of music are you looking for Miguel?
The hardwired version gets better reception for some reason, and sometimes under overpasses you lose signal. It costs about 125-150 for all the parts (without stereo) and is $12.99/mo and and extra $6.99 if you want an additional radio on your account.

phebus
04-07-2005, 07:31 AM
I have XM in the car and boat, and love it, but the other good alternative is to get an iPod. You can load a shitload of music, create your own playlists, and only listen to what you want.

redneckgirl
04-07-2005, 07:36 AM
I have it hardwired into the car and Jeff has the portable unit in his truck. We are planning to use the portable unit in the boat this summer. We love it. I can't understand Kilrtoys hostility towards it. I can't believe out of 200 channels, he couldn't find one that he liked. :confused: I love the country stations, especially 11. I hate top 40 corporate radio. You can actually request things (but only onine, I think). I also like 22 for an alternative mix of rock and my daughter loves the 80's station :rolleyes: What kind of music are you looking for Miguel?
I love mine also. I have it in my Expedition and the boat has the Sony XM ready that we will have going soon.
Channel 11 is also my favorite also!!! :D :D
RNG

riverroyal
04-07-2005, 07:18 PM
do i need a antennae if im using the FM station modulator thing?,,,or is the XM reciever lookin thing all i need?,,Im trying to avoid taking the stereo out and pluggin stuff in the back of it,,,,,I know some XM units use batteries and some 12v,,,does the antennae work off the batteries also?,,thanks everyone,I went to BEST BUY today to ask questions ,they were useless,place sucks

racecar.hotshoe
04-07-2005, 07:26 PM
do i need a antennae if im using the FM station modulator thing?,,,or is the XM reciever lookin thing all i need?,,Im trying to avoid taking the stereo out and pluggin stuff in the back of it,,,,,I know some XM units use batteries and some 12v,,,does the antennae work off the batteries also?,,thanks everyone,I went to BEST BUY today to ask questions ,they were useless,place sucks
Yes you need the XM ant

racecar.hotshoe
04-07-2005, 07:30 PM
the XM ant has a box on it that your stock radio ant plugs in to!

Sleek-Jet
04-08-2005, 07:14 AM
Sirius for me thank you. In the middle of freaking no where Arizona it sure is nice to be able to have a decent station to listen to.
If you are using the pedestal and FM modulator, you can make the install look half way decent if you use a little imagination. I'll take a pic of the one in my Blazer and post it this afternoon.

JB in so cal
04-08-2005, 07:26 AM
how can i dance to that
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Danzo
04-09-2005, 05:35 PM
XM is not as good as Sirius. Sirius music is way better. IMO!

Eliminator 4 Life
04-09-2005, 05:38 PM
I have sirrus in the boat because I can snow ball it and I have xm in the truck love them both but dont use it to much in the boat :D