PDA

View Full Version : Dodging PWCs on the river is bad enough...

roostwear
04-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Are we going to have to deal with THESE? (http://www.cyadxboard.com/) :jawdrop:

Squirtin Thunder
04-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Are we going to have to deal with THESE? (http://www.cyadxboard.com/) :jawdrop:
I don't think I would be Dodging thats your job !!!!
Diving in should be mine !!! :D
http://cyberadsinc.com/images/xboard_girl.jpg

Hustler
04-07-2005, 09:28 AM
I saw those things at the boat show and for the price I dont think your going to see any of those around.

roostwear
04-07-2005, 09:53 AM
How much are they? With some of the high price, useless crap I see people buy, it would surprise me NOT to see them.

flat broke
04-07-2005, 09:57 AM
forget the price, the amount of effort required to operate one will keep most of the lazy PWC crowd off of em! I have never had any close calls with "standup" PWCs. I think it is because the individuals that operate those particular niche of craft are just a step or two up the evolutionary ladder from the mindless idiots that rent the PWCs at the Avi, or in Laughlin and make the river a freaking nightmare for everyone.
Chris

Danhercules
04-07-2005, 10:00 AM
forget the price, the amount of effort required to operate one will keep most of the lazy PWC crowd off of em! I have never had any close calls with "standup" PWCs. I think it is because the individuals that operate those particular niche of craft are just a step or two up the evolutionary ladder from the mindless idiots that rent the PWCs at the Avi, or in Laughlin and make the river a freaking nightmare for everyone.
Chris
I agree. I like stand ups. Heck, I still got 2 and gonna take them this year. I will slow down for a stand up so he can jump my wake. I love the old stand ups. I had a sticker made once,
"I would rather quit than sit" I cannot live up to that anymore, cause I am sitting in my boat, but you get the point.! LOL

DeltaSigBoater
04-07-2005, 02:54 PM
These things have been around for the past 15 to 20 years. I remember seeing them in a magazine when I was a kid.
Its one of those things that is never going to catch on and become "trendy"
some specs off the website
Dimensions
Length: 90"
Width: 28"
Tail Width: 24"
Weight: 170lbs
Shipping Weight: 177lbs
Engine: 39.5 HP Rotary type 400cc design engine w/ 5 Yr Limited Warranty
Max Speed: 45mph w/ 225lbs passenger weight
Fuel Capacity: 2 gallons
Run Time: 2hrs per tank of gas
I THINK I'LL SAVE MY MONEY!

Racer277
04-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Chris
I have always thought that, and I had exactly the same reasoning. I wish they never invented the loveseats and sofas. :rolleyes:
I couldn't stand the other Jskiers, and decided to go racing to get away from them.

beached 1
04-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Those have been around for years.. They never really caught on.
I don't think they ever will either

Tresguey
04-07-2005, 04:48 PM
yeah they have been around for a while. i have had a chance to ride one. they take alot of skill. i ride stand ups alot but i think these things are way more difficult. not many people are gonna fork out that kind of money and not enjoy them.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Just wait untill they hit that 5 oclock chop :2purples: :2purples: You think our low freeboards are rough!!!

bakerjet
04-07-2005, 09:07 PM
my buddy had one about 15 yrs. ago, it had a pull rope to start it and squeeze the handle to make it go,it was fun in glass conditions but nothing else,it was called a surfjet.

blownfear
04-07-2005, 11:15 PM
might not even have to dodge it its small enough if the opperator cuts you off just hit em... it wont hurt your boat its so small. :) :)

napabob
04-08-2005, 07:34 AM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6782JetSki.jpg

1978 Rogers
04-08-2005, 09:34 AM
If they are coming out from the right, give way. If they are coming out of your left, you have the right of way, mow them down. :devil: