PDA

View Full Version : This is an old topic..but with all the newbies

hoolign
04-07-2005, 01:21 PM
What's your defintion of a "***boat" do you think you have one?
I for one know mine is not a ***boat!

Mardonzi
04-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Same here Hooligan,, but there isn't a website for Blender Barges...

hoolign
04-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Same here Hooligan,, but there isn't a website for Blender Barges...
:D :D I just may name my boat that... LMAO :D

NOTALENT
04-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Mine only becomes a ***boat when its running and theres woman sporting the pasties on it...other than that..it might as well be a bayliner.. :D :(

hoolign
04-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Mine only becomes a ***boat when its running and theres woman sporting the pasties on it...other than that..it might as well be a bayliner.. :D :(
I'm a tad dissapointed...no haha :D

ChumpChange
04-07-2005, 01:31 PM
I think mine is. It has looks, speed and generates an overall good time.

riverracerx
04-07-2005, 01:31 PM
During summer in Havasu mine is a ***boat, just touch the stainless rail and you'll know!

mirvin
04-07-2005, 01:32 PM
If I remember corectly a "***boat" is a boat that was "custom" made OR a boat that has been "customized".
For instance, my boat was "custom made" but then it was fitted with a Volvo Penta drive and a small block chevy......is that a "***boat"??
What if you put a big ass blower motor in your Bayliner??? That might be "hotter" then my boat....:jawdrop:
mirvin :shift:

hoolign
04-07-2005, 01:33 PM
During summer in Havasu mine is a ***boat, just touch the stainless rail and you'll know!
Look at you turning into the post w hore :D

hoolign
04-07-2005, 01:36 PM
If I remember corectly a "***boat" is a boat that was "custom" made OR a boat that has been "customized".
For instance, my boat was "custom made" but then it was fitted with a Volvo Penta drive and a small block chevy......is that a "***boat"??
What if you put a big ass blower motor in your Bayliner??? That might be "hotter" then my boat....:jawdrop:
you are sliding back to "turd" status :D And just for the record...I do not own a bayliner..thats riverotters! :rollside:

Tom Brown
04-07-2005, 01:41 PM
A boat with a car engine and crome basset headers is a hot boat. Nothing else qualifies, as per Froggystyle. :cool:

mirvin
04-07-2005, 01:43 PM
you are sliding back to "turd" status :D And just for the record...I do not own a bayliner..thats riverotters! :rollside:
I'm not knocking the Bayliners!!! I'd rather have one of those then a wacka!!
:wink:
mirvin :220v:

hoolign
04-07-2005, 01:47 PM
A boat with a car engine and crome basset headers is a hot boat. Nothing else qualifies, as per Froggystyle. :cool:
Now we're getting somewhere!

dicudmore
04-07-2005, 01:48 PM
get it straight...Boozer has a Bayliner. RiverOtter has a Chaparral ;)

Froggystyle
04-07-2005, 01:50 PM
I see I am well represented here already. I will just be on my way then...

mirvin
04-07-2005, 01:51 PM
I hate it when I have to "qualify" my own statements!!!
WHen I said "YOUR BAYLINER" I didn't mean YOU personally. I meant anyone with a "Production" boat:D
mirvin :jawdrop: ;)

LAFD
04-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Imo A ***boat Is A Boat "old Or New" And You Just Automaticaly Say Damn Thats A Bad Ass Boat. But Of Coarse This Is Just My Opinion.

hoolign
04-07-2005, 01:53 PM
get it straight...Boozer has a Bayliner. RiverOtter has a Chaparral ;)
Boozer ..Otter.. boozed up otter...river boozer ...the all look the same to me :D :p

Mrs.Racer277
04-07-2005, 01:54 PM
We have a custom boat. But I think a Bayliner is faster. :wink: :wink:

hoolign
04-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Imo A ***boat Is A Boat "old Or New" And You Just Automaticaly Say Damn Thats A Bad Ass Boat. But Of Coarse This Is Just My Opinion.
I believe it is relative to the term "Hot rod"...not to many new hotrods out there :cool:

Chase
04-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I want to say my boat is a ***boat in comparison to a bayliner, but not in comparison to such boats as a Dana, Fountain, ...or something else bigger/better

dicudmore
04-07-2005, 02:09 PM
We have a custom boat. But I think a Bayliner is faster. :wink: :wink:
hey I resemble that remark :D

WYRD
04-07-2005, 02:28 PM
H- ooligan
O- ffers
T- he
B- est
O- ral
A- round
T- hat's funny
I don't care who ya are :crossx: :crossx:

tamalewagon
04-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Not according to Kim Hanson! :D

riverracerx
04-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Look at you turning into the post w hore
Why yes, I am! :messedup:

hoolign
04-07-2005, 03:45 PM
H- ooligan
O- ffers
T- he
B- est
O- ral
A- round
T- hat's funny
I don't care who ya are :crossx: :crossx:

WYRD
04-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Your woman ratted me out huh? :D :D
Yea Kim Hanson ratted you out :D

hoolign
04-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Yea Kim Hanson ratted you out :D
Kim can't be your woman? He's with Marcie..and they are friends of mine :jawdrop:

WYRD
04-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Kim can't be your woman? He's with Marcie..and they are friends of mine :jawdrop:
Ohh Well My Bad Then :p :p :smile:

bocco
04-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Attitude, it's all about attitiude!

JackieV
04-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I think, even if your in a tin row boat type that only holds maybe 5 peeps, as long as it has HOT chicks half naked :supp: , it is a ***boat!!! :D

JackieV
04-07-2005, 04:00 PM
By the way Hoolign, I LOVE that crazy looking animal in your sig!

WYRD
04-07-2005, 04:00 PM
I think, even if your in a tin row boat type that only holds maybe 5 peeps, as long as it has HOT chicks half naked :supp: , it is a ***boat!!! :D
That is only half a hot boat if they are only half naked................Damn Jackie I thought I tought you better than that girlie :D :D

WYRD
04-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey Hoolie I love those two crazy looking animals that are waiting to bust out of your sig :D :D (.)(.)

JackieV
04-07-2005, 04:08 PM
That is only half a hot boat if they are only half naked................Damn Jackie I thought I tought you better than that girlie :D :D
Are you saying a thong and pasties are not good enough...? :rolleyes:

JackieV
04-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Hey Hoolie I love those two crazy looking animals that are waiting to bust out of your sig :D :D (.)(.)
You would! LOL ;) ;)

rmarion
04-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Mines not a Hot Boat, but we sure enjoy the HELL out of it!!!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/rmarion/IM006208.jpg

WYRD
04-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Are you saying a thong and pasties are not good enough...? :rolleyes:
In an ADVANTAGE, Eliminator, DCB, Ultra, Dana, ECT....Yes
In a 5' Canoe You better be to the bare bones (no Pun intended) and shaking it like a salt shaker :D

Sweet Addiction
04-07-2005, 04:38 PM
I don't really consider mine a "Hot Boat" its a chapparal but I have done a lot of upgrades to get as close to "Hot Boat" status as possible. Its not new but she still gets a lot of compliments, and that makes me feel much better about what I have done with the boat and all the work that I put into it. Especially when it comes from guys with bigger boats. Just my 02.
Thanks Jared.

JackieV
04-07-2005, 04:41 PM
In an ADVANTAGE, Eliminator, DCB, Ultra, Dana, ECT....Yes
In a 5' Canoe You better be to the bare bones (no Pun intended) and shaking it like a salt shaker :D
(Non taken) but okay, I guess that's what I'll be in this year...skin. :D That is AFTER Art sells the boat.

Dusty Times
04-07-2005, 08:04 PM
NOPE!!!!!!!
Just a floating motorhome

robert_pv
04-07-2005, 10:45 PM
I think hot means "BITCHIN" so if you think your boat is bitchin??? There you go.
I THINK IF IT FLOATS IT'S BITCHIN

Havasu Hangin'
04-08-2005, 04:00 AM
NOPE!!!!!!!
Just a floating motorhome
Yep. Mine is not a Hot Boat because it's all white (pretty coooool).
:cool:

RiverOtter
04-08-2005, 04:22 AM
I'd say a ***boat is a boat that runs at least in the mid 60's with some sort of open exhaust and with that said NO my Happy Chappy does NOT qualify as a ***boat :cry:

Kim Hanson
04-08-2005, 04:57 AM
I want to say my boat is a ***boat in comparison to a bayliner, but not in comparison to such boats as a Dana, Fountain, ...or something else bigger/better
You rode in my HST Chase, does it classify as Hot Boat material.........( . )( . ).......... :p

Chase
04-08-2005, 07:16 AM
OK Kim what does HST stand for...??? I am generating a few thoughts but will not post them yet.
I rode in it and I would classify it as a ***boat...louder than hell, fast (could have been faster than when I rode in it because you still had Alberta gas in it or something :D :clover: :D , and rare..since I had never seen one like it before, and everyone else at the beach that day twisted thier heads...
Reading the posts above I have concluded that my boat is a hot boat....it will hit the low 60's, has open exhaust, the girls like it.....and it is BITCHIN' (in my books)
What do you think of the Drag'n Fly...Kim??

WYRD
04-08-2005, 07:35 AM
(Non taken) but okay, I guess that's what I'll be in this year...skin. :D That is AFTER Art sells the boat.
You know you always have a seat on Not2YourAdvantage now Art on the other hand, he has to come bearing gifts (I like Silver Bullets and Goose) :D

Kim Hanson
04-08-2005, 07:37 AM
OK Kim what does HST stand for...??? I am generating a few thoughts but will not post them yet.
I rode in it and I would classify it as a ***boat...louder than hell, fast (could have been faster than when I rode in it because you still had Alberta gas in it or something :D :clover: :D , and rare..since I had never seen one like it before, and everyone else at the beach that day twisted thier heads...
Reading the posts above I have concluded that my boat is a hot boat....it will hit the low 60's, has open exhaust, the girls like it.....and it is BITCHIN' (in my books)
I think it stands for High Speed Tunnel and in late August I used a gps on her and still under 7000 grand and was ripping with 2 people in it at 106 mph. :eek: I like your boat alot also, you can rip around and they let you stay on Candle Lake. That was one guy that I wished never noticed me out there :D :crossx: .........( . )( . )..........
I was told to look around Emma Lake for a guy with a Pickle Fork boat and never seen one, you ever seen anything worth racing on that Lake?. :)

Kim Hanson
04-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Here is some reading for you Chase........( . )( . )....... :cool: Mine is 1990!
SPECIFICATIONS:
Boat Type: AT Trimaran
Length: 20'
Beam: 88"
Transom Height: 27"
Recommended HP: 175 - 235
Seating: 2 Buckets & Rear Bench
Approximate Weight: 900 lbs
Fuel Capacity: 24 Gallons
Note:
The HST was released in 1987. Pipkorn, looking to regain the storied racing success of HydroStream's past, took the modified air-entrapment hull design of the XT to the next level; one that would hopefully be able to compete with other strong Mod-VP designs of the day. Extensive research and development went into the bottom design with a goal towards high speeds, exceptional cornering, and stability. Note, however, that the origin of the basic hull design came from Al Stoker's SST - Pipkorn massaged the tunnels and sponsons and developed a new deck. The deck design was an aerodynamic advancement in keeping the bow down at higher speeds. The 1987 hull was a race only version while 1988 introduced the ski version. The race version had a modified cutout in the first 30 inches rearward of the front sponson tips to help aid in turning. The Mod-VP hulls were also very light (apx. 600 - 650 lbs).
If you own an HST that says "HST Skier" on the Coast Guard tag, your boat is no different than the rest. HydroStream sold some with this designation in order to make the boats more insurable and to appeal to a broader market. After all, which boat would your insurance company rather insure: an HST Skier, or an STV River Rocket?
Some of the early HST's suffered quality problems because of the intricate bottom and problems with cracking. They were also very heavy (apx. 1200 lbs) and suffered from weak structural support in the nose area. Quality was inconsistent, and fiberglass and hull layup workmanship was often poor. HST's built from mid 1989 until 1991 were much lighter and better made. This picture shows a 1989 HST with the proper nose reinforcement (picture courtesy of Colin Bodley):
HST's tend to leak in the rear sponson seams and it is a common practice for owners to seal up these seams. Inside, the HST has foam for floatation purposes (Coast Guard approvals), and as with any boat that sees water penetration, the foam will become saturated making for a much heavier and poorer performing boat, and it should be repaired. (Pictures courtesy of Colin Bodley):
Comments:
The HST is a hull that requires a lot of power to make it work. It takes about 265 HP to get the hull to really start working. After that, every bit of HP produces pretty big gains in MPH. Due to its weight, acceleration is rather poor, but once it reaches speed, it can keep up with or is faster than most Mod-VP hulls. Usually, the HST will get up on pad at apx. 65 - 70 MPH. Setback will help performance - a minimum of 8" is needed. Fortunately, the construction of the HST transom area is extremely strong and will easily handle the added strain of the required setback.
The HST is a great ski boat. Cornering is outstanding for high speed runs as well as just for turning to pick up skiers. They will stay on plane at 17 MPH for knee boarding. The ski pole is usually just a simple one-piece post and is cut through the rear deck - the deck supports it very well.
The interior is not really cramped, but it also is not very spacious when compared to other 20' hulls such as the Vegas. Storage is not very good; mostly just in the sides. Access to the bilge area is very difficult. For that reason, some do not even have a bilge pump. Others do but require a little kid to get back in there to get at it. Some people have cut access hatches in the top of the deck in order to access these rear areas. Gauge setup is extremely good. All the gauges on the passenger side face directly at the driver while the gauges on the driver's side will face you with the aid of angled bezels.
High speed stability? Extremely stable. Driving an HST compared to a Vector is like night and day. The Vector requires an extremely experienced pilot to drive at high speeds while the HST can be driven 85+ MPH by almost anybody. Additional performance modifications can be made by sharpening the step and the tail as much as possible. Sanding a texture to the center pad can help as well. Another modification is to attach 3/16" thick plates angled down slightly under the pods that stick out from the air tunnels. This will not help top end, but will supposedly help acceleration and get the boat on pad at 55 MPH instead of the normal 65 to 70 MPH.
The HST is a great rough water boat and can run well on top of 16" to 20" waves. However, caution is advised with large swells and the errant big wave. Stuffing the bow and damaging the boat is a very real possibility and so the driver must slow down and keep the bow up. At low speeds, the HST rides low in the water and the driver sometimes will need to pick up speed while keeping the bow up in order not to stuff the front.
Performance Report:
88 HST - Powerboat Magazine

Chase
04-08-2005, 07:51 AM
Yeah, I heard about some "dock rage" :lightsabe or something..what happened??
Your signature pic is on Candle isn't it??

Kim Hanson
04-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Yeah, I heard about some "dock rage" :lightsabe or something..what happened??
Your signature pic is on Candle isn't it??
Some cabin owners close to the docked asked me to opener her up so they could see what it would do, so I did just that and after sitting on the beach drinking wobblies we went back to shore and it was very quick getting to the shore and some guy came down and took down the #,s off my boat! Well I went over and asked what the problem was and he said the cabin owners didn't like my boat on this lake. He said it was toooo loud and way too fast to hang out there, so we went to Emma and had a blast!
That is you in the signature, going for a rip at Candle......( . )( . ).......... :cool:

Chase
04-08-2005, 08:21 AM
Fukkers......
I was going to ask if that was me in the background.... :D :D The photographer should have maybe zoomed in a bit... :idea: :D :D
We saw your boat at the beach on Emma as well...we didn't get a chance to talk though..

Chase
04-08-2005, 08:22 AM
OK looking close..is there a boarder behind my boat..??

Kim Hanson
04-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Fukkers......
I was going to ask if that was me in the background.... :D :D The photographer should have maybe zoomed in a bit... :idea: :D :D
We saw your boat at the beach on Emma as well...we didn't get a chance to talk though..
This is the next picture, you were in my boat and yours was on the beach.......( . )( . )........ :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72chase.jpg

cc322
04-09-2005, 11:01 AM
If is dosent say LAVEYCRAFT everything else is just a boat :D