PDA

View Full Version : @@poll.......what Are Your Thought On......

FRENCHIE
04-07-2005, 08:43 PM
People who insist on going to the sandbar at havasu, or Gasoline alley at lake mojave in the middle of the summer when its going off....with their little kids....and then they bitch about people flashing, getting wild and partying!!!??
This topic just kills me!!!! :mad: Its like pulling a pit bulls tail and wondering why the fu#k you got bit!!!!!??? :mad: :rolleyes:

Tom Brown
04-07-2005, 08:44 PM
I think people should be able to take their children anywhere and not have to tolerate a bunch of sex crazed freaks doing unspeakable things. Is that too much to ask?

Tom Brown
04-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Why does it make me so happy to have jabbed that piece of shit in there before the choir chimes in their support? :D

FRENCHIE
04-07-2005, 08:47 PM
I think people should be able to take their children anywhere and not have to tolerate a bunch of sex crazed freaks doing unspeakable things. Is that too much to ask?
see.... here you go tb!!!! always the sh@t stirrer!!!!
:hammerhea

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2005, 08:49 PM
to be honest. some people may not know those places are for adults or are they? not saying they should take their kids to places like that but did you stop and think maybe they were just not aware of it being like that?
We don't go to either one with or without the kido's. we take them to the sandbar and or the channel. but you still get it there also.. :shift:
just MHO

Tom Brown
04-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks. I do what I can. :D
Hey... we can't have an argument unless someone picks up the other side of this thing.

FRENCHIE
04-07-2005, 08:52 PM
to be honest. some people may not know those places are for adults or are they? not saying they should take their kids to places like that but did you stop and think maybe they were just not aware of it being like that?
We don't go to either one with or without the kido's. we take them to the sandbar and or the channel. but you still get it there also.. :shift:
just MHO
point taken!!!!
;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2005, 08:56 PM
point taken!!!!
;)
cool.. it was just a thought.. I never new about copper canyon till I was told. just keep it in mind. ;) :D

Dr. Eagle
04-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Damn Degenerates....
What the hell they doing bringing kids to the Adult zone?

Kilrtoy
04-07-2005, 08:59 PM
I take my kids to them and they could care less what goes on.....
But then again, we dont freak out when we see this and act like it is some sign from the devil himself......

Dr. Eagle
04-07-2005, 09:04 PM
But then again, we dont freak out when we see this and act like it is some sign from the devil himself......
Yeah, now that you mention it, I do take mine to the strip club with me... :idea: :D

Bre
04-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Ditto to what Kilrtoy said.
I could see if people were actually having sex.. I would leave... but not bitch.. cause it's not like I don't expect to .. or have not seen that out there before. I think when you make a big deal of it the kids notice more. ... great that chick has pasties on... oh my god..... great she has a thong on... even nipples exposed... that's ok with me... I just don't need to stick around for any sex acts, those are the weekends you wish you woulda left the kids at home so you could watch longer ;)

JackieV
04-07-2005, 09:05 PM
I can't vote...But I will say this, when ever we have been on the river with the family (and I am talking aunts, cousins, bro's, sisters etc.) we love to party our selves as well and the adults don't mind the action. But if the kids are with us and we happen to come across any of the sort, we just keep going past, because of the children...but we always come back for a while without the kids. :D

JackieV
04-07-2005, 09:07 PM
just MHO
Said just right! :D

Bre
04-07-2005, 09:09 PM
But at the same time.... while I love all that stuff... I will not wear pasties... or a thong in front of my kids. Just don't want them to be embarrassed of their chunky mom LOL.... also last weekend out there made me not ever wanna try...... ( a 13 year old was asking her mom if she could buy a thong bikini at the store by the bridge ... her mom said yes.... my kids can wear one when they are 18 and away from me )

wildbillg
The sand bar is in the middle of a river and EVERYONE has the right to stop or continue on by. To say someone should NOT beable to bring thier children to a spot on the river because it is frequented by persons who feel they have the right to due things that ARE aginst the written laws,
Section 4322 of Title 14 of the California Administrative Code regarding nudity in the state parks: No person shall appear nude while in any unit except in authorized areas set aside for that purpose by the Department. The word nude as used herein means unclothed or in such a state of undress as to expose any part of portion of the pubic or anal region or genitalia of any person or any portion of the breast at or below the areola thereof of any female person.
CALIFORNIA CODES SECTION 314-318.6 (as of 6/2000): Every person who willfully and lewdly, either: 1. Exposes his person, or the private parts thereof, in any public place, or in any place where there are present other persons to be offended or annoyed thereby; or, 2. Procures, counsels, or assists any person so to expose himself or take part in any model artist exhibition, or to make any other exhibition of himself to public view, or the view of any number of persons, such as is offensive to decency, or is adapted to excite to or thoughts or acts, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
All sections are misdemeanors which carry a maximum punishment of 90 days in jail and/or $1,000 fine.
So if you thinkng it is ok, to DISobey these laws is it then ok to just walk up and TAKE something from a store because YOU think it is over priced, Or that maybe you should take it upon yourself to judge your fellow man and you should be the judge and jury for the thought of your own gratifacation?
Or hell why should I have to drive 15 miles per hour thru a school zone, I dont have any children so why should I care about yours?
It all seems a little lame to me.
Laws are written for a reason, and then they are enforced.
But as you know we all live in the USA and we have the rigth to our own opinions and views.
so my opinion is if you want to see nude girls (topless) or some type of act, you should pay to get in and well thats my views.
Don't get me wrong I love to look at a beautiful woman just as much as the next guy, but come on isnt there a time and a place for everything??

Dr. Eagle
The times I have been there, I never saw anthing going on that would bother me having my kids there... :idea: but then my kids are in their 20s now... :D

Wicky
04-07-2005, 09:10 PM
People who insist on going to the sandbar at havasu, or Gasoline alley at lake mojave in the middle of the summer when its going off....with their little kids....and then they bitch about people flashing, getting wild and partying!!!??
This topic just kills me!!!! :mad: Its like pulling a pit bulls tail and wondering why the fu#k you got bit!!!!!??? :mad: :rolleyes:
I couldn't agree with you more and I have two children under the age of 12.
These people need to stick to their church groups or whatever rock they crawled out from underneath.
Mow,
Wicky

Wicky
04-07-2005, 09:18 PM
just MHO
That's when you do the adult thing. Leave and explain to your children what is going on. Then leave and take them to Disneyland or Castaic or a place on Havasu where this isn't going on. C'mon now, do you want the gov't telling you what, where, when, and how, or, are YOU going to be an unselfish adult and do the right thing and take your kids elsewhere.
I'm 37 and I knew about what went on at the river when I was 5 (my first trip to the river.)
Let's not dig a hole and burry our heads like most moral majority church going people.
Wicky

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-07-2005, 09:23 PM
That's when you do the adult thing. Leave and explain to your children what is going on. Then leave and take them to Disneyland or Castaic or a place on Havasu where this isn't going on. C'mon now, do you want the gov't telling you what, where, when, and how, or, are YOU going to be an unselfish adult and do the right thing and take your kids elsewhere.
I'm 37 and I knew about what went on at the river when I was 5 (my first trip to the river.)
Let's not dig a hole and burry our heads like most moral majority church going people.
Wicky
What ;) are you saying..just because you knew about it doesn't mean everyone knows.. I don't take my kids where I know they shouldn't be.. I am 36 I grew up on the water but I never went to Havasu. so ya.. I didn't know about copper canyon. I am not digging a hole for my head.. get it straight

moneypit
04-07-2005, 09:23 PM
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. Since when did it become stupid to go to a public place with your familly or friends and mind your own business and a bunch of drunk lake liced muscle heads break a bottle over your head... And you were just minding your own business. (didnt happen to me, but how many times have you heard of this)..
Whos right or whos wrong?

Mrs Scuba
04-07-2005, 09:28 PM
This is one of my favorite topics.
Our daughter is 9 and everything that goes on around her she will comment on, which is why we never have and probably will ever take her to Havasu. I think no matter where you go out there you will see something going on that you don't want to have to explain to the kiddos. So needless to say we just leave her with the babysitter.
Also, yes, everyone has their own opinion, but no matter what you or I say, the boobies, the thongs, the sexual acts will happen out there and no one will ever be able to keep it under control, no matter what. If you go to a place like Havasu (everyone knows what to expect there, that is a major hot spot), why even bother taking the kids. I understand that everyone has a right to be wherever they want to be, but then again you have to expect the unexpected, if you like it or not, especially in a place like this.
This is my view, I will wear pasties sometimes and always wear a thong out in Havasu, ocassionally flash a boob or both, maybe even have a little fun, because it is Havasu, that is my right until someone takes it from me.
Just so you understand where I am coming from and not to think I am ignorant. This weekend we went to the local lake with Artv, Jackie, their 15 month old and my daughter. My daughter has seen me with a thong before, at that she doesn't even care about, music was going, we will listen to anything our little hearts desire and she doesn't acknowledge the bad words, she just ignores it. I did not want to take off my shorts because I thought I would be frowned upon since there was other kids there and I was the only one with a thong on. A little while later, I was convinced to take my shorts off and I did, and I felt fine, at that point. That was my right, just like I don't go around telling others what they can or can not wear.
Long I know, but that's my .02 :)

Havasu_Dreamin
04-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Last time I checked, the Sandbar is a public place and open to all those that want to go there. Excellent post WBG.

Wicky
04-07-2005, 09:30 PM
The sand bar is in the middle of a river and EVERYONE has the right to stop or continue on by. To say someone should NOT beable to bring thier children to a spot on the river because it is frequented by persons who feel they have the right to due things that ARE aginst the written laws,
Section 4322 of Title 14 of the California Administrative Code regarding nudity in the state parks: No person shall appear nude while in any unit except in authorized areas set aside for that purpose by the Department. The word nude as used herein means unclothed or in such a state of undress as to expose any part of portion of the pubic or anal region or genitalia of any person or any portion of the breast at or below the areola thereof of any female person.
CALIFORNIA CODES SECTION 314-318.6 (as of 6/2000): Every person who willfully and lewdly, either: 1. Exposes his person, or the private parts thereof, in any public place, or in any place where there are present other persons to be offended or annoyed thereby; or, 2. Procures, counsels, or assists any person so to expose himself or take part in any model artist exhibition, or to make any other exhibition of himself to public view, or the view of any number of persons, such as is offensive to decency, or is adapted to excite to or thoughts or acts, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
All sections are misdemeanors which carry a maximum punishment of 90 days in jail and/or $1,000 fine.
So if you thinkng it is ok, to DISobey these laws is it then ok to just walk up and TAKE something from a store because YOU think it is over priced, Or that maybe you should take it upon yourself to judge your fellow man and you should be the judge and jury for the thought of your own gratifacation?
Or hell why should I have to drive 15 miles per hour thru a school zone, I dont have any children so why should I care about yours?
But as you know we all live in the USA and we have the rigth to our own opinions and views.
so my opinion is if you want to see nude girls (topless) or some type of act, you should pay to get in and well thats my views.
Don't get me wrong I love to look at a beautiful woman just as much as the next guy, but come on isnt there a time and a place for everything??
You sound like a morman?
Maybe a born again Christian?
A bible thumper none the less.
Hell, seems like you probably loved the 50's. So innocent, yet, so hypocritical.
Have you ever been outside of the U.S.? Just curious.
Answer the question

wildbillg
04-07-2005, 09:41 PM
You sound like a morman?
Hell, seems like you probably loved the 50's. So innocent, yet, so hypocritical.
Answer the question
Morman --- no
are you an Idiot?
born again christian -- no
you think you have the right to rewrite the law?
Bible thumper none the less -- nope
when was the last time your opinion anyone really cared what you thought?
The 50's -- I waasent born yet
Innocent -- I think not
hypocritical -- AND YOUR NOT! !
Last I checked every man, or woman in the United States of America has the right to thier opinion. Are you so self rightious that you and only your opinon are what the masses of all should adhier to.
Dude get a clue....
Like I said that is my opinion and yet I did and WONT slander my fellow man for their thoughts.
But you?

Ultrafied
04-07-2005, 09:49 PM
You sound like a morman?
Answer the question
I guess I would agree with WBG on this one....
As for me ..... and yes I have been outside the US, all over Europe, Pac-Rim, South America, yad yadda yadda ... you know what? I still like it here the best, even we do condone violence over nudity. I think instead of asking if someone has been outside the states, it would be better to remember that you are in the US.
No bible thumper here, just an agnostic ...
Everyone should be able to go where they want and do what they want, within the constraints of the law. That's why we have these laws ...

Kilrtoy
04-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Our daughter is 9 and everything that goes on around her she will comment on, which is why we never have and probably will ever take her to Havasu. I think no matter where you go out there you will see something going on that you don't want to have to explain to the kiddos. So needless to say we just leave her with the babysitter.
Also, yes, everyone has their own opinion, but no matter what you or I say, the boobies, the thongs, the sexual acts will happen out there and no one will ever be able to keep it under control, no matter what. If you go to a place like Havasu (everyone knows what to expect there, that is a major hot spot), why even bother taking the kids. I understand that everyone has a right to be wherever they want to be, but then again you have to expect the unexpected, if you like it or not, especially in a place like this.
This is my view, I will wear pasties sometimes and always wear a thong out in Havasu, ocassionally flash a boob or both, maybe even have a little fun, because it is Havasu, that is my right until someone takes it from me.
Just so you understand where I am coming from and not to think I am ignorant. This weekend we went to the local lake with Artv, Jackie, their 15 month old and my daughter. My daughter has seen me with a thong before, at that she doesn't even care about, music was going, we will listen to anything our little hearts desire and she doesn't acknowledge the bad words, she just ignores it. I did not want to take off my shorts because I thought I would be frowned upon since there was other kids there and I was the only one with a thong on. A little while later, I was convinced to take my shorts off and I did, and I felt fine, at that point. That was my right, just like I don't go around telling others what they can or can not wear.
Does this mean some freaky shit is gonna happen on my boat this weekend.... :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

vegasriverjunkie
04-07-2005, 09:54 PM
:shift: I take my kids to them and they could care less what goes on.....
I'm with you on that Kilr, my kids see alot already from TV and movies. I know they could care less because there into their own thing on the boat or in the water....

vegasriverjunkie
04-07-2005, 10:04 PM
you have kids?
I have 2, a son that's 13 and a daughter thats 11, bet you can't guess my age?

Wicky
04-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Morman --- no
are you an Idiot?
born again christian -- no
you think you have the right to rewrite the law?
Bible thumper none the less -- nope
when was the last time your opinion anyone really cared what you thought?
The 50's -- I waasent born yet
Innocent -- I think not
hypocritical -- AND YOUR NOT! !
Last I checked every man, or woman in the United States of America has the right to thier opinion. Are you so self rightious that you and only your opinon are what the masses of all should adhier to.
Dude get a clue....
Like I said that is my opinion and yet I did and WONT slander my fellow man for their thoughts.
But you?
You must be smoking something good because you spaced on the last and most important question. Maybe your just avoiding it.
And please point out any slanderous comment you might have inferred from my statement!!!
ARe you an Idoit or are you Jerry Falwell?

Wicky
04-07-2005, 10:10 PM
But you?
You must have ditched English class to write something like that!!!

wildbillg
04-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Been outside the us -- yes
But I LIVE here not over seas...
Where do you live?
I mean other then in the fantasy land in your minds eye?
I hear your attending a party tonight (its in your head and your the only one invited).
Listen to the voices they will lead you to the light......

Wicky
04-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Everyone should be able to go where they want and do what they want, within the constraints of the law. That's why we have these laws ...
Unfortunately these laws were written a LONG time ago when times where a little different. Poodle skirts and penny loafers.
Violence over nudity. Stop making sense out of sense.
Bible thumpers UNITE!!!!

wildbillg
04-07-2005, 10:14 PM
loginname:
Wicky
Interests:
fast outboards fast v-drives no jets though!! -- why cause they suck??
Small business owner
Your Boat:
Bass Boat -- This explains alot......

Wicky
04-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Been outside the us -- yes
But I LIVE here not over seas...
Where do you live?
I mean other then in the fantasy land in your minds eye?
I hear your attending a party tonight (its in your head and your the only one invited).
Listen to the voices they will lead you to the light......
Weak argument dude. Go thump your bible!!!!

bruddah
04-07-2005, 10:16 PM
well i dont have kids but i have been going to the river since i was about 6 and since i mostly went with my dad and my mom stayed home and did whatever she wanted it was always the fact that this is how it is and how it will be. my pops never frowned upon it and i still remember when copper canyon used to be open and the ggw boat tied up to us and i was in aw at all these girls. i also think that as been said it is expected and if you dont want to be there or be exposed to it go find a cove and chill out for the day. ive recently been introduced to black meadow landing and it seemed liek a very mellow atmosphere that i wouldnt mind bringing kids too and there are plenty of beaches and coves around there to park and chill out for the day. wow that was long sorry for the long post!

wildbillg
04-07-2005, 10:16 PM
cant you read something a simple as a date??
Long time ago huh..
anyone else here that cant remember June of 2000??

Wicky
04-07-2005, 10:17 PM
loginname:
Wicky
Interests:
fast outboards fast v-drives no jets though!! -- why cause they suck??
Small business owner
Your Boat:
Bass Boat -- This explains alot......
And you fell for it HOOK LINE AND SINKER!!!!
BWAAAaaaaaahahahahahahah
Lets race?

wildbillg
04-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Weak argument dude. Go thump your bible!!!!
HA HA HA
not an argument
but a statement
I think you fell down and thumped your head ....... :boxed:

Wicky
04-07-2005, 10:19 PM
cant you read something a simple as a date??
Long time ago huh..
anyone else here that cant remember June of 2000??
And all that was legal before June of 2000???????
Yeah right.
Keep digging.

Jordy
BWAAAaaaaaahahahahahahah
Lets race?
Hey Wicky, fish on!!!! :D :D :D
See ya in a couple weeks. ;)

Wicky
HA HA HA
not an argument
but a statement
I wish, then I could at least get some rest.

Wicky
04-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Hey Wicky, fish on!!!! :D :D :D
See ya in a couple weeks. ;)
He doesn't want to race a bass boat I guess!!!!!!!
Thanks,
Jordy

wildbillg
04-07-2005, 10:21 PM
BWAAAaaaaaahahahahahahah
Lets race?
I dont race with the handicaped
they need special attention
not to mention your short yellow bus (the one that picks you up in the morning) isnt supposed to go over 55 with you onboard.... MEMBER??
now go lay by your dish and dont hit your head when you fall down agian.... :rollside:

Wicky
04-07-2005, 10:22 PM
HA HA HA
not an argument
but a statement
You should have been a politician Mr. Bill!!!! You like to avoid the questions well.
I can't call you wild bill because you seemingly aren't too wild.

Jordy
04-07-2005, 10:24 PM
He doesn't want to race a bass boat I guess!!!!!!!
Thanks,
Jordy
I heard that Roman1 is always down for a race, and seeing how Roland has your back... :D
I just want an invite to the sushi after-party again. ;)

Wicky
04-07-2005, 10:26 PM
I dont race with the handicaped
they need special attention
not to mention your short yellow bus (the one that picks you up in the morning) isnt supposed to go over 55 with you onboard.... MEMBER??
now go lay by your dish and dont hit your head when you fall down agian.... :rollside:
And all the school kids yelll, "EWwwwwwwwww" Wild Bill says, "Wicky, you ride the short bus" Ewwwwwwwww!!!!!
Hell, the short bus was always faster than the BIG bus!!!!!
So, would you like to race this retard (namely me) your conversing with??

wildbillg
04-07-2005, 10:26 PM
You should have been a politician Mr. Bill!!!! You like to avoid the questions well.
I can't call you wild bill because you seemingly aren't too wild.
Ive answered your questions
time for youto go to bed now I think i hear your mom calling you or is that your wife? ohhh same thing...
Im done
you da winna
you da man
you da tought guy on da net
member da tough guy on da net is da toughest one out der.
night tough guy.......

Wicky
04-07-2005, 10:29 PM
I heard that Roman1 is always down for a race, and seeing how Roland has your back... :D
I just want an invite to the sushi after-party again. ;)
Jordy, you're invited. Hell, I would even mind it if Mr. Bill showed up.
Question once again is "Does he want to race my Bass Boat?"

wildbillg
04-07-2005, 10:30 PM
So, would you like to race this retard (namely me) your conversing with??
dont need to race you
I know you can spend more money then me on something that depreceates, is a race something that was ever even brought up in this convesation?
wow you are really out there.
I think there is a beer bong missing your lips wraped around it, drink up and race dude!
WOW your out there.

Wicky
Oh no It's Mr Bill and he doesn't want to play anymore!!!!! :hammerhea

Jordy
Jordy, you're invited. Hell, I would even mind it if Mr. Bill showed up.
Be careful what you wish for. We'll see you at Speed Alley on Friday and go from there. Looking forward to the ceremony and the Grand Marshall's return. :D :D :D

Wicky
04-07-2005, 10:32 PM
dont need to race you
I know you can spend more money then me on something that depreceates, is a race something that was ever even brought up in this convesation?
I think there is a beer bong missing your lips wraped around it, drink up and race dude!
WOW your out there.
I thought you said you were done????? :shift:

wildbillg
04-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Oh no It's Mr Bill and he doesn't want to play anymore!!!!! :hammerhea
there is no playing
your just being stupid, you have taken this thread out in a whole different direction.
your taking this as a bash against your self worth.
I am going to be the adult now and let this conversation between you and I end now...
Night Wicky
remember my opinion is mine and yours is yours.
(i willl not respond to this again)

AirtimeLavey
04-07-2005, 10:36 PM
When I take my kids out, it's because I want to spend time w/my kids. I don't bring them along for the ride when I'm out to party. When it's a kids' weekend, we go to Mohave, and try to find our own place to play that's safe from lake lice, and knuckleheads... :hammer2:
I agree w/mrsflyinvee, that many peeps don't know about the sandbar or g.a. until they cruise into it, hang for a while, and realize that yep, they just saw what they thought they just saw...the people that know what's there, and bring their kids anyway, well...to each their own, but that ain't my thing. I only have my kids 50% of the time, so I don't take time with them for granted... :cool:

Wicky
04-07-2005, 10:37 PM
dont need to race you
WOW your out there.
Out there? Your the one who checked out my bio. Now your making me nervous ya freak!!!!
.[/QUOTE]Bass Boat -- This explains alot.......[/QUOTE]
Your the one checking out what kind of boat I have.
Just thought you might be up for a race after all, it is just a BASS BOAT.
Bockkkk Bock bock bock bok bok and the rooster says Bok bok bok bok bok bok bok bok.

Wicky
04-07-2005, 10:43 PM
there is no playing
your just being stupid, you have taken this thread out in a whole different direction.
your taking this as a bash against your self worth.
I am going to be the adult now and let this conversation between you and I end now...
Night Wicky
remember my opinion is mine and yours is yours.
(i willl not respond to this again)
Mr Bill ,
You can't help it. Your reading this right now. You want to post sooooo bad but your not going to this time.
Stupid is as Stupid does ya BARNEY!!!!
Have respect for your children. You know what goes on in Havasu.
Don't think that a law will protect your children. YOU need to protect your children. I'm dead serious about that statement.
You have some growing up to do.

Ultracrazy
04-08-2005, 12:38 AM
keep the kiddies in the wading pool... Sandbar and gasoline alley is for big kids only...
Hmmmmmmmm..........I disagree........it's in public......it should be for everyone......it's not a strip bar.

LOWRIVER2
04-08-2005, 01:43 AM
I was just wondering if the folks here thought that the Makita drill with Dildo attachment being applied to the female on all fours (bow of the boat) when I stopped by the sand bar on a non holiday Sat. a few years back was acceptable?
Hey, it's not my lake , just asking/lol

Ultracrazy
04-08-2005, 01:59 AM
I was just wondering if the folks here thought that the Makita drill with Dildo attachment being applied to the female on all fours (bow of the boat) when I stopped by the sand bar on a non holiday Sat. a few years back was acceptable?
That's my point........pasties (okee)......thongs (okee).......anything past that is not acceptable.......period.

Havasu Hangin'
04-08-2005, 04:03 AM
I don't bring my kids there...
...but people acting like idiots is still not acceptable. :notam:

racecar.hotshoe
04-08-2005, 04:10 AM
Same here!............. :)

GHTRIM
04-08-2005, 04:11 AM
It seems the thread is finally back on track.... :hammer2: Going ANYWHERE in public is your choice. Because people will be people you never know what will be unfolding infront of you or your family at any given time. Its like watching T.V. or listening to the radio.
If you don't like what is going on around you (illegal / legal) you have the right as an american to MOVE. Here is the next question... If your neighborhood started to have a lot of illegal activity going on around it, unconducive for child raising, would you move? If you can't move or won't you will probably explain to you kids that what's happening is wrong and they should not do those types of things.
Lead by example when you kids are around and do what ever the F#uck you what when they are not (if that is your style)..
My .10 ..... Oh, by the way.. Hope everybody has a great Friday. :D

RiverOtter
04-08-2005, 04:31 AM
I've never been there but I stayed at a Holiday.... Never mind :rolleyes: . I guess my vote would be "they shouldn't take their kids there" but I don't like the way that option is worded (a little too harsh) When and/or if you have kids you'll understand :wink: . but I would not take my kids there just like I won't take them Panama City Beach or Cancun. JMHO :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
04-08-2005, 05:19 AM
Not to get to personal here, but I want to see Frenchies opinion after he has kids. (dogs don't count as kids lol) It's not fair to ask this question till you have experianced both sides. :p
When we go to party we go try to find a section where there are no kids around, including the channel. But when there are kids around we try to adapt to the sitution. When you are courteous to the people around you, you'll be suprised how much more friendly people can be. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
04-08-2005, 05:22 AM
Does this mean some freaky shit is gonna happen on my boat this weekend.... :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
Your boat? I thought that was Yvonnes boat? :rollside: I think Bobby's boat will see more action this weekend. :p :rollside:

BarryMac
04-08-2005, 05:47 AM
Not to get to personal here, but I want to see Frenchies opinion after he has kids. (dogs don't count as kids lol) It's not fair to ask this question till you have experianced both sides. :p
When we go to party we go try to find a section where there are no kids around, including the channel. But when there are kids around we try to adapt to the sitution. When you are courteous to the people around you, you'll be suprised how much more friendly people can be. :cool:
Excellent point Scuba, if you don't have kids yet or ever how will you know how it feels to have your kids subjected to that kind of behavior. For me, boating is about being with my family, I want to be with them more than I want to see some other chicks Tits, my boat has reverse just like everyone else's if I don't like what I see then I'll be seeing you down the road.
Just keep in mind next time you pull up to the Sandbar of your choice, if it looks like it's a Family atmosphere has already been established and they have been there for the entire day enjoying each other without the craziness then put your boat in reverse and find another place to party, respect goes both ways...

FRENCHIE
04-08-2005, 05:48 AM
Wicky
EVERYONE IS ENTILTED TO THIER OPINION BROTHA..BY I DO TEND TO AGREE WITH YOU RESPNSE!!!! in new and had hear even b4 i ever went to the river!!!
:cool:

FRENCHIE
04-08-2005, 05:50 AM
good thought mrs s!!! :wink:

FRENCHIE
04-08-2005, 05:55 AM
I agree with you Frenchie...Surprised :)
you know!!!
;)

FRENCHIE
04-08-2005, 05:57 AM
mine will be staying with the grandparents, and on family trip like last summer when we took the inlaws, we went way north to mile markere 22 and got a cove!!!! now its that simple!!!
one thing i will not do is take my kids to the sandbar and then get pissed at what i see and tell those partying to stop and they should leave!!!!?? :rolleyes: :confused:

SCUBA STEVE
04-08-2005, 06:01 AM
Excellent point Scuba, if you don't have kids yet or ever how will you know how it feels to have your kids subjected to that kind of behavior. For me, boating is about being with my family, I want to be with them more than I want to see some other chicks Tits, my boat has reverse just like everyone else's if I don't like what I see then I'll be seeing you down the road.
Just keep in mind next time you pull up to the Sandbar of your choice, if it looks like it's a Family atmosphere has already been established and they have been there for the entire day enjoying each other without the craziness then put your boat in reverse and find another place to party, respect goes both ways...
I was told... not asked to turn my music down, that they didnt want to have their kids hear that kind of music. :rollside:
Funny thing is I had my music some what low, I was there first, and they were leaving when they said that. I listened to what I was "told", even though I wasnt that happy about it. There are worst things that can ruin your weekend, keeping your music low or off, isnt one of them. :cool:
G-strings... well you see g-strings every where you go now. I think that is becoming the norm. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
04-08-2005, 06:05 AM
mine will be staying with the grandparents, and on family trip like last summer when we took the inlaws, we went way north to mile markere 22 and got a cove!!!! now its that simple!!!
one thing i will not do is take my kids to the sandbar and then get pissed at what i see and tell those partying to stop and they should leave!!!!?? :rolleyes: :confused:
You have kids? :confused:
With that attitude you are setting your self up for a bad time. You can not control what is going on out there, you can adapt to the situation, leave, or join. Life is about choices. :cool:
We all know where to go on the sandbar to avoid the party scene. Depending on water lever etc..... stay away from the kokomos party barge. :cool:

Mandelon
04-08-2005, 06:08 AM
You can always count on Scuba Steve for a balanced opinion. This is the kind of R.A. attitude that others need to have. Pay attention to your surroundings and act accordingly.
When my kid are along we don't hang out in the middle of the action. I still take them to the sandbar, but we park on the fringe. If we walk around with them, we discuss the silly people doing crazy things. They understand that people come here to get away and cut loose and the occasional crazy behaviour is not unusual out there.
There is not that much of it around the lake. Only a couple places are like that. There is no reason to avoid the whole lake. There are plenty of beaches with a family atmosphere. My kids deal with it better than my wife does....LOL
But there have been times when a bunch of drunk knuckleheads pull up next to us with a bunch of little kids, blasting profane tunes and swearing....as Steve said, simply not cool. They are just ignorant and don't have kids.....either I ask em to move down a bit or we move on...
There is a time and place for "Ass and Titties, Ass and Titties, Ass Ass Ass Ass, Ass and titties......" A little common sense goes a long way. More people should have it. :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
04-08-2005, 06:15 AM
FRENCHIE...I think you have to define what "partying" is.
Like I said, I don't bring my kids to the sandbar, either. However, when I am there, I personally don't want to see people acting like idiots (chicks with double dildos, fights, stabbings, etc.). That's not "partying" to me.
How about this? If someone is going to do something illegal...take it to a cove- kids or no kids.
The bottom line is don't treat people how you wouldn't want to be treated.

SCUBA STEVE
04-08-2005, 06:15 AM
You can always count on Scuba Steve for a balanced opinion. This is the kind of R.A. attitude that others need to have. Pay attention to your surroundings and act accordingly.
When my kid are along we don't hang out in the middle of the action. I still take them to the sandbar, but we park on the fringe. If we walk around with them, we discuss the silly people doing crazy things. They understand that people come here to get away and cut loose and the occasional crazy behaviour is not unusual out there.
There is not that much of it around the lake. Only a couple places are like that. There is no reason to avoid the whole lake. There are plenty of beaches with a family atmosphere. My kids deal with it better than my wife does....LOL
But there have been times when a bunch of drunk knuckleheads pull up next to us with a bunch of little kids, blasting profane tunes and swearing....as Steve said, simply not cool. They are just ignorant and don't have kids.....either I ask em to move down a bit or we move on...
There is a time and place for "Ass and Titties, Ass and Titties, Ass Ass Ass Ass, Ass and titties......" A little common sense goes a long way. More people should have it. :cool:
Well said Mandy... My favorite river tune!!! "Play it again" lol

SCUBA STEVE
04-08-2005, 06:17 AM
Like I said, I don't bring my kids to the sandbar, either. However, when I am there, I personally don't want to see people acting like idiots (chicks with double dildos, fights, stabbings, etc.). That's not "partying" to me.
How about this? If someone is going to do something illegal...take it to a cove- kids or no kids.
The bottom line is don't treat people how you wouldn't want to be treated.
The sandbar would be empty then, with all the under age drinkers there. :rollside: I know a different topic. lol :cool:

NOTALENT
04-08-2005, 06:21 AM
So u agree with every law thats out there??? Personally I think the law is B.S.. Most will probably say its because Im young..but screw that.. There is nothing wrong with nudity..It's natural. As u can see it is slowly coming into play everywhere...Clothing, beaches, Lakes, clubs, T.V. slowly making it to where people will eventually be able to exept it. Alot of the people who complain about it are either old fashioned, prudes, or insecure. If your going to pay to see nude woman..there better be something else coming along with that..I personally refuse to go to a strip club. Like whats been stated.. It's When the sex acts start is when theres a problem..unless its 2 woman!!! j/k :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-08-2005, 06:23 AM
The sandbar would be empty then, with all the under age drinkers there.
There are underage drinkers there? I am shocked and appalled! :rolleyes:
Come to think of it...I think I was drinking there when I was underage... :notam:

Essex502
04-08-2005, 06:28 AM
Well said Bill. While I love to look at the naked female form as much or more than most folks I don't see it as appropriate in the middle of the lake like the Sandbar. Copper Canyon is more suitable as it is more difficult to get back into it but still, as you said this is illegal activity and brings LE and problems when it gets out of hand. How many fights between drunken fools when one guy oggles or pays too much attention to the next drunkard's chick that's showing off? There are times and places for everything and the party spirit should be a little more clothed. I have no issue with pasties and thongs as they are legal. Muff diving, head giving and other acts don't belong in public.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-08-2005, 06:30 AM
SS, great post! That is the key. Everyone has the right to go to the channel or sandbar and enjoy the day. Does it get rowdy up there? Yes, it does at some times. Should people be forced to "...kiss my a$$ and go somwhere else on the 36 mile water line"? No, they have just as much right to be anywhere on the lake as everyone does. To even tell someone that is ignorant, IMHO.

FRENCHIE
04-08-2005, 06:34 AM
Good to see the variety of responses on this topic and everyone expressing an opinion!! It is a great country we have and given right to be able to express ourselves..............
even more interesting.....the vote so far that 300% more people would in nicer terms tell those complaining to perhaps find somewhere else on the lake then!!?? :idea: :smile:

ChumpChange
04-08-2005, 06:39 AM
I don't have any kids but 100% agree with the rest.

beer hunter
04-08-2005, 06:43 AM
Great post Steve!
I look at things this way, I know what happens at Havasu and where. I will take my kids to the sandbar early in the day and let them run around but about 1:00pm it starts going off and we leave. However, if I'm down in the Three Dunes area with a bunch of families on a beach and the "girls gone wild" crew pulls up and starts making a scene, they're gonna get asked to tone it down or leave.
If it's just me and my wife or me and some friends, I could care less :cool:

Essex502
04-08-2005, 06:46 AM
What I hate to see most is what SS said earlier...you're minding your own business with family and friends and then the partiers arrive and turn it into THEIR playground with obnoxious music, nudity and the like where before they arrived it was very family oriented.
The problem is a lack of respect. I've seen it over and over in Havasu and elsewhere. It's not just the language, music, nudity and public sex acts its much much more about respect. The attitude that speaks: "Only I matter and I can do anything I want" is alive and well. Have a little respect for your neighbors or for the ones that arrive before you do.
To the others that say it is their "right"...you're right to be an idiot, a moron, a criminal exists until caught. Then you will have your "rights" read to you. Check the U.S. Constitution and tell all of us where your right to break society's laws is written. If you don't like the laws on public nudity, work to change them. The system works - use it. There are nude beaches were people can go to enjoy themselves au natual. If you'd like one in Havasu, petition the proper authorities to establish one. Hell, I'll be the Indians wouldn't mind one on their land! Until you do get the laws changed - obey them.

Havasu Hangin'
04-08-2005, 07:02 AM
even more interesting.....the vote so far that 300% more people would in nicer terms tell those complaining to perhaps find somewhere else on the lake then!!?? :idea: :smile:
I think it's the way you have it worded, FRENCHIE. Perhaps you should try this:
a). Kids should leave because they have no right to be on the lake, and "partying" with stabbings, shootings, and double-dildo porn action is accepted behavior.
b). The gang members should go somewhere else because we have a right to enjoy the sandbar safely.

RiverOtter
04-08-2005, 07:08 AM
I think it's the way you have it worded, FRENCHIE. Perhaps you should try this:
a). Kids should leave because they have no right to be on the lake, and "partying" with stabbings, shootings, and double-dildo porn action is accepted behavior.
b). The gang members should go somewhere else because we have a right to enjoy the sandbar safely.
LMAO!!!! :D

Tremor Therapy
04-08-2005, 07:08 AM
I've chimed in on this before, but my own personal opinion follows along a lot of the lines already posted. Scuba makes a lot of sense in what he says, be aware of your surroundings, and adapt....it causes a lot less stress.
I know people go there to cut loose and relax, but my biggest gripe is that it is being done at the most "public" locations and destinations in Havasu. I personally don't care about the hedonism, and when its just me and the wife, we will pull up and watch the show just like others have mentioned here. But because I do boat with my family 99% of the time, I have to survey the situation, and on the majority of weekends, we cannot enjoy these locations because of the public behavior of the MINORITY of the people there. And quite frankly, I would rather go enjoy another part of the lake than explain to my 8 and 12 year olds why one girl is swirling around a stripper pole and eatting out another! :sqeyes:
Bible thumper....not even close.
Concerned parent....yes, and I always adapt to the situation without causing grief to those that are already there.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-08-2005, 07:33 AM
This is a big one for me and my wife. We both agree that there is no need to expose kids to that behavior and have to answer to it. If we were to take our kids to the sandbar, it would be for selfish reasons only. The place just ins't for kids. And that is ok. There are plenty of other places to take them. Mohave and Parker are more family friendly places for us and that's where we go with the kids. We save "adult trips" for havasu. just my .02.

Big Warlock
04-08-2005, 07:38 AM
That is wonderful news. A new crew member for ya!!

ahhell
04-08-2005, 07:58 AM
I like to go to the river to get away from it all...big crowds no thanks. As for the sand bar, hell ya im going just not when all the idiots are there. I have two teenage sons that dont need to be walking boners watching all the shit going on, i believe the one word missed is MORALS. Thats why we do the mid week thing, I cant stop it, so I avoid it....my.02
One question...all ya'll with teenage daughters, would you want your girl(s) doing the things you see going on out at the hot spots?? I woudnt

MAINEVENT
04-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Man this one rattled your feathers :rollside:
Me personally my kids watch Pegged probably 3 to 5 times a week (they ask for it) I personally dont mind them looking at it with all the girl flashing or what not.... its just an environment that has evolved to what it is, if the catch a glimpse fine if they choose to turn their head even better but its their choice as a parent I THINK IMO you can lead their path but they have to walk it :)
Just my .02 does'nt mean its wrong nor right :)

Wicky
04-08-2005, 08:02 AM
I like to go to the river to get away from it all...big crowds no thanks. As for the sand bar, hell ya im going just not when all the idiots are there. I have two teenage sons that dont need to be walking boners watching all the shit going on, i believe the one word missed is MORALS. Thats why we do the mid week thing, I cant stop it, so I avoid it....my.02
One question...all ya'll with teenage daughters, would you want your girl(s) doing the things you see going on out at the hot spots?? I woudnt
Everyone has different morals. It is RESPECT that should have a common denominator.
Wicky

BarryMac
04-08-2005, 08:16 AM
As the father of three daughters I couldn't agree with this statement more...

ratso
04-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Okay, that did it. I'm selling out, packing my bags and moving to Havasu. :D

Dave C
04-08-2005, 08:23 AM
I agree with SS. Its all about respect for others.
There would be much less conflict in the world if people had just a "little" bit of respect for their fellow man!
Thats why its called "public nudity." I enjoy it but I can understand why others may not. Do we have a right to get mad at those that get offended. NO!.
That being said, maybe the party people should have their own spot thats 18 and over! :2purples:

phebus
04-08-2005, 08:27 AM
I refuse to respond to this, and expose myself as the hypocrite that I am. :D
I see both sides of the fence, and as a parent look at each situation as it arises, and do what I feel is appropriate at the given moment. There are times that things go over the top, and infringe on the rights of others.

BADAXE
04-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Bingo! If everyone one had this type of consideration it would not be an issue.
People with families should not have to restrict themselves from any part of the lake. IT"S A PUBLIC PLACE!
If you want to have a little naughty fun just make sure there is no one around you might affend.
Thanks Scuba, nice post.

purrfecttremor
04-08-2005, 08:37 AM
I refuse to respond to this, and expose myself as the hypocrite that I am. :D
I see both sides of the fence, and as a parent look at each situation as it arises, and do what I feel is appropriate at the given moment. There are times that things go over the top, and infringe on the rights of others.
couldnt have said it better.my kids are older know but it was an issue not to long ago for us.when things got out of hand when they were younger we just went somewhere else rated G who cares!

riverroyal
04-08-2005, 09:10 AM
ive never been to havasu without my wife and kids,never will,,,,so we just dont go to the sandbar,(kids are 4 and 7,boys)we like havasu cause its big,there are plenty of beaches to go to,we do go in the channel,ive seen the thongs,pasties all that stuff,we just dont park next to it,,,,,,,the people who do go to the sandbar to be crazy and see the show,god bless ya,I think its great,just not for my family,,,,I can say that last weekend in the channel was pretty crazy,not some much skin,just the amount of drunk idiot kids,we saw girls maybe 17 doing beerbongs everywhere,that was kinda too much,we went past the bridge,sat on the beach by the new condos

rivercrazy
04-08-2005, 09:37 AM
What really cracks me up is some people "behave in public" like the the people they are trying to keep their kids from, when the kids aren't around! Kids aren't stupid. They see what is really going on. And we wonder why the youth of today is soooo confused!

jbtrailerjim
04-08-2005, 09:41 AM
My thoughts exactly.
You know the thing that bothers me about this subject is the attitude that some have. I hate that "If you don't like what you see, go somewhere else" attitude. It's all about respecting other people. I'm not talking about thongs, pasties, or seeing some girl flash her tit's. Some of the other stuff that goes on there should not be done in public. A few things come to mind when I see someone doing some kind of lewd act in a public place....1) Attention wh*re 2) no class & 3) Lack of self respect. This is just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. :notam:

Mrs.HLB1
04-08-2005, 10:27 AM
It's a public place. You should be able to take whoever you want there. Sexual acts should be done in the privacy of your home or a secluded area of the lake. Not in front of other people! Obey the law. You get caught you pay the consequences. We can't enjoy the area when it is a holiday weekend anymore due to the classless kiddies that go there! :yuk:

RiverToysJas
04-08-2005, 10:29 AM
It's a public place. You should be able to take whoever you want there. Sexual acts should be done in the privacy of your home or a secluded area of the lake. Not in front of other people! Obey the law. You get caught you pay the consequences. We can't enjoy the area when it is a holiday weekend anymore due to the classless kiddies that go there! :yuk:
Very well said!!! ;)
RTJas :D

ROZ
04-08-2005, 10:38 AM
The bottom line is don't treat people how you wouldn't want to be treated
I've chimed in on this before, but my own personal opinion follows along a lot of the lines already posted. Scuba makes a lot of sense in what he says, be aware of your surroundings, and adapt....it causes a lot less stress.
I know people go there to cut loose and relax, but my biggest gripe is that it is being done at the most "public" locations and destinations in Havasu. I personally don't care about the hedonism, and when its just me and the wife, we will pull up and watch the show just like others have mentioned here. But because I do boat with my family 99% of the time, I have to survey the situation, and on the majority of weekends, we cannot enjoy these locations because of the public behavior of the MINORITY of the people there. And quite frankly, I would rather go enjoy another part of the lake than explain to my 8 and 12 year olds why one girl is swirling around a stripper pole and eatting out another!
Bible thumper....not even close.
Concerned parent....yes, and I always adapt to the situation without causing grief to those that are already there.
Well said! :D

Squirtin Thunder
04-08-2005, 10:58 AM
BTW - Where is gasoline alley ???
How many miles up the lake from KL ???
Thanks
Jim

FRENCHIE
04-08-2005, 11:57 AM
BTW - Where is gasoline alley ???
How many miles up the lake from KL ???
Thanks
Jim
MAYBEE TWO MILES UP ON THE RIGHT SIDE...LOOK FOR THE BOUYS!!!!
;)

SCUBA STEVE
04-08-2005, 12:02 PM
What really cracks me up is some people "behave in public" like the the people they are trying to keep their kids from, when the kids aren't around! Kids aren't stupid. They see what is really going on. And we wonder why the youth of today is soooo confused!
True, very true. When I was 9 (our daughters age) I knew what was going on. But acted like I didnt. :220v: :wink:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
04-08-2005, 12:09 PM
yes that is to much to ask, lake mead has plenty of room :idea:

TheLurker
04-08-2005, 12:35 PM
We take the kids by the sandbar and let them play with the other kids.
If something is going on that is not appropriate for them to see I steer them away from that area or leave. I don’t make any big deal about anything and they don’t have a clue.
Usually if something wild is going on there is a big crowd and we stay away from those. (Unless the kids are not with me :D )

FRENCHIE
04-08-2005, 12:36 PM
We take the kids by the sandbar and let them play with the other kids.
If something is going on that is not appropriate for them to see I steer them away from that area or leave. I don’t make any big deal about anything and they don’t have a clue.
Usually if something wild is going on there is a big crowd and we stay away from those. (Unless the kids are not with me :D )
that is about what my approach will be when the little ones pop also!!!
:cool: :smile:

Three Days Only
04-08-2005, 12:59 PM
I have been taking the kids to the Sandbar since they were born. It's all about parenting, keep them away from the crowds were the inappropriate adult behavior goes on, and all they know is that it is a cool place to run on the sand with their friends. We keep them away from the rift raft and they don’t know any better. If people are pulling up right into the middle of the things and allowing there children to see what is going on then their just plainly irresponsible parents period. We tend to go there earlier in the day and then about the time it starts getting really busy we move on.
Havasu is a party lake, always has been, always will be. Things have gotten more out of control over the years, but that’s just our society becoming more relaxed with conditions around them!! Most people that go there know what its about and they are there for that reason!!! The thing that irritates me is the idiots walking around looking for problems and then injuring or killing someone over something purely childish, that’s BS, and they should be burned alive!! I feel the violence is the main reason it has been closed on holiday weekends for the past three years!!
The sandbar is purely a drinking hole, take out the alcohol and the place would be family haven, boring, and deserted!!
My .02
3DO

FRENCHIE
04-08-2005, 01:08 PM
I have been taking the kids to the Sandbar since they were born. It's all about parenting, keep them away from the crowds were the inappropriate adult behavior goes on, and all they know is that it is a cool place to run on the sand with their friends. We keep them away from the rift raft and they don’t know any better. If people are pulling up right into the middle of the things and allowing there children to see what is going on then their just plainly irresponsible parents period. We tend to go there earlier in the day and then about the time it starts getting really busy we move on.
Havasu is a party lake, always has been, always will be. Things have gotten more out of control over the years, but that’s just our society becoming more relaxed with conditions around them!! Most people that go there know what its about and they are there for that reason!!! The thing that irritates me is the idiots walking around looking for problems and then injuring or killing someone over something purely childish, that’s BS, and they should be burned alive!! I feel the violence is the main reason it has been closed on holiday weekends for the past three years!!
The sandbar is purely a drinking hole, take out the alcohol and the place would be family haven, boring, and deserted!!
My .02
3DO
hey brotha i want it to be known i completely agree with you about the idiots who get totally drunk they cannot function, end up gettin aggressive and fights break out, people gettin stabbed, physically hurt and even dead!!! Nudity, flashing those things have always been a part of the river, but it seems the past few summers these fights that have broken out have no place there and never will!!!!:mad:
What continues to impress me about the Hot boat community is how every one can get toghether and have a beer, laugh, and still get kinda crazy, go home at the end of a tirp or weekend with some great memories and new friends!!! :cool:

Three Days Only
04-08-2005, 01:32 PM
hey brotha i want it to be known i completely agree with you about the idiots who get totally drunk they cannot function, end up gettin aggressive and fights break out, people gettin stabbed, physically hurt and even dead!!! Nudity, flashing those things have always been a part of the river, but it seems the past few summers these fights that have broken out have no place there and never will!!!!:mad:
What continues to impress me about the Hot boat community is how every one can get toghether and have a beer, laugh, and still get kinda crazy, go home at the end of a tirp or weekend with some great memories and new friends!!! :cool:
True........................But we all have a common interest "Boating".
The A-holes creating the problems are generally a bunch of young kids that can barely afford to even buy beer and gas for there trip or gang bangers rollin in for a weekend who live by a differnt code of ethics and have no idea about general social skills.
Why complain about the titts and ass (not you of course, we all know you love T&A) I say god bless them, its the rift raft that creates the problems not respecting the girls and the others around them, that is what generally causes and ends up being the problem. Some drunk jackass thinks those titts are more then just to look at, starts touching and then wham big brawl where someones getting hurt. Pretty sad when you think about it, you really cant go anywhere anymore and cut loose without worrying about the dickhead standing next to you.
Lets start a lawn fight at the DR, then we could all be like the looser which frequently cause problems at our favorite boob baring hot spot on the river. Lets punch out Bling Bling he needs a good ass kickin anyway.

FRENCHIE
04-08-2005, 01:34 PM
True........................But we all have a common interest "Boating".
The A-holes creating the problems are generally a bunch of young kids that can barely afford to even buy beer and gas for there trip or gang bangers rollin in for a weekend who live by a differnt code of ethics and have no idea about general social skills.
Why complain about the titts and ass, I say god bless them, its the rift raft that creates the problems not respecting the girls and the others around them, that is what generally causes and ends up being the problem. Some drunk jackass thinks those titts are more then just to look at, starts touching and then wham big brawl where someones getting hurt. Pretty sad when you think about it, you really cant go anywhere anymore and cut loose without worrying about the dickhead standing next to you.
Lets start a lawn fight at the DR, then we could all be like the looser which frequently cause problems at our favorite boob baring hot spot on the river. Lets punch out Bling Bling he needs a good ass kickin anyway.
you know it!!!! ;) :hammer2: :hammer2:

Havasu Hangin'
04-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Lets punch out Bling Bling he needs a good ass kickin anyway.
Since Three Drinks Only is really just a big kid...
...I don't think we should bring him to the sandbar. :notam:

Three Days Only
04-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Since Three Drinks Only is really just a big kid...
...I don't think we should bring him to the sandbar. :notam:
Take the alcohol out of me and I might be as mature as you, but until then, look out!!!
You see, im a perfect example.

Havasu Hangin'
04-08-2005, 01:43 PM
You see, im a perfect example.
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT, BROTHER!!!! :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea
I definately need to be more like you... :notam:

Three Days Only
04-08-2005, 01:53 PM
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT, BROTHER!!!! :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea
I definately need to be more like you... :notam:
You couldnt handle it!! The pressure of alcoholism and liver issues would just be to much for you to bare!!

jbtrailerjim
04-08-2005, 02:30 PM
The thing that irritates me is the idiots walking around looking for problems and then injuring or killing someone over something purely childish, that’s BS, and they should be burned alive!! I feel the violence is the main reason it has been closed on holiday weekends for the past three years!!
3DO
Dude, I agree with you 100% on this. This is one the main reasons I choose to stay away from the sandbar now. I go to Havasu to have a good time, not to get in some altercation with some dumb ass.

shueman
04-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Our best boating trips are those that are "away" from the crowds....!!!
Personally, we don't frequent the Sandbar, the Channel, Copper Canyon, etc, even though we're in Needles/Havi 6-8 times a year. If that's where the "party" is, that's where problems can happen.
Personally, I don't want to be anyway near the Sandbar as it gets to be evening on a busy week-end. All the hard-core party drinkers have to get back, on the water; not a safe place to be out there with them, IMO.
If your idea of fun is to park you boat all day, pound adult beverages, and play loud music, that's your choice. Just keep it where it belongs, upstream or downstream, not in the channel. This type of behavior is causing issues that will ultimately CLOSE the channel to boats for good, a true loss for all boaters who enjoy the area and a determent to the City.
Just my contribution; good thread Frenchie..!!

Sandbar Junkies
04-08-2005, 02:55 PM
I take my kids to the sandbar all the time and have since they were real little. For the most part the sandbar is mellow, if your looking for trouble I'm sure you could find it. When a girl or better yet GIRLS, start putting on a show everyone crowds around and you can't see anything unless you fight your way through the crowd. My kids can care less what goes on there, they just want to get out dig and act like kids.

Havasu Hangin'
04-08-2005, 02:56 PM
You couldnt handle it!! The pressure of alcoholism and liver issues would just be to much for you to bare!!
My liver dreams of looking like your liver. :notam:
I've seen you drink- we'll save some O'Doul's and Shirley Temples for you D-Row inmates....the (non-DCB) men will be drinking the real stuff.
:D

Midwest_Miss69
04-08-2005, 03:01 PM
We're lucky at the Lake of the Ozarks it's in a cove called Party Cove not out in the middle of the river. I don't have kids but if I did I sure wouldn't take them there! lol I'd avoid it. However it's a lot easier to avoid since it's not in the middle of the river.

Mrs. casean
04-08-2005, 03:08 PM
a 13 year old was asking her mom if she could buy a thong bikini at the store by the bridge ... her mom said yes.... my kids can wear one when they are 18 and away from me )
OMG 13! Hell no! That mom needs areality check on what that kid really is doing if she wants a thong at 13! Sheesh! Parents :) Bre, I'm so w/ ya on all you said. Not for the kids to see their moms like that. When they are adults, they can do what they want... as we did :D You all have great opinions and WHEN I have kids, I'll take them to Havasu, but as mentioned... dont' make a scene and they won't even look... till they get a little older I am sure :) But I wouldn't park where all the "action" is.... leave that to the kidless people :D

Midwest_Miss69
04-08-2005, 03:24 PM
OMG 13! Hell no! That mom needs areality check on what that kid really is doing if she wants a thong at 13! Sheesh! Parents :) Bre, I'm so w/ ya on all you said. Not for the kids to see their moms like that. When they are adults, they can do what they want... as we did :D You all have great opinions and WHEN I have kids, I'll take them to Havasu, but as mentioned... dont' make a scene and they won't even look... till they get a little older I am sure :) But I wouldn't park where all the "action" is.... leave that to the kidless people :D
I totally agree. There's a restaurant here on the river that's been here for years. It's called Big Dicks Halfway Inn (because the restaurant owner's real name was Dick) however they sell the T-shirts in girls sizes that say "I love Big Dicks" and/or "Real girls swallow" and everytime I see a girl who I can tell isn't 18 yet wearing one I get ill.

Midwest_Miss69
04-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Oh and don't get me wrong they're the BEST place to eat at the Lake of the Ozarks. But it's just they sell those T-shirts in Women's sizes and Girls sizes so well you know girls buy them.

Squirtin Thunder
04-08-2005, 04:11 PM
MAYBEE TWO MILES UP ON THE RIGHT SIDE...LOOK FOR THE BOUYS!!!!
;)
I am going to go out there this weekend just to see. If I can find the extra time !!!

Silver
04-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Ah...that would be .....................NO!

Roman 1
04-08-2005, 07:10 PM
In the immortal words of Tom Brown...Bump!
Nothin like a good yuppie fight :notam:
R1 :cool:

Sane Asylum
04-08-2005, 09:12 PM
OK.........We get there early 8:00 or 9:00ish......North end..........Kids play with the kids........We have a beverage with friends...........
Kokomo barge gets there about 1:00...........We stay on the north end (not real close to the beer bong forest)..........
About 1:30 or 2:00.....Pack the chit and go pound a gut bomb at Topock and enjoy the rest of the day with family somewhere besides the sandbar........
See how easy this chit is............In the immortal words of one Scuba Steve..........It's called parenting...........Amen brotha

Wicked Game
04-08-2005, 11:14 PM
OK.........We get there early 8:00 or 9:00ish......North end..........Kids play with the kids........We have a beverage with friends...........
Kokomo barge gets there about 1:00...........We stay on the north end (not real close to the beer bong forest)..........
About 1:30 or 2:00.....Pack the chit and go pound a gut bomb at Topock and enjoy the rest of the day with family somewhere besides the sandbar........
See how easy this chit is............In the immortal words of one Scuba Steve..........It's called parenting...........Amen brotha
Well said!! We have 5 kids; 23,18,16,12 & 11. The 23,18 & 16 YO's love the spectical. :jawdrop: The younger ones can't wait till they're allowed to hang there too. When it's all of us, we avoid the melay by staying at the north end or somewhere else as not to infringe upon the rights of others that don't have to parent yet. When it's just the wife and I, she's pack'n her Wicked Weasel and we bring a lunch. ;)