PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know???

ahhell
04-08-2005, 08:08 PM
what the hell these things eat??? the wife calls me on the way home and says she has a suprise for me, im thinking yeah baby.... then she says when i get home i need to look for something for my suprise to eat???????
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1518116_1654-med.JPG
so far its been ham, cheese and milk...blender style :eat:
what else do these things eat...I know where they shit.... :mad:

MudPumper
04-08-2005, 08:18 PM
They eat regirgitated (sp) insects. :D I'd go to the pet store and by a thing of meal worms and feed those to him.

Tom Brown
04-08-2005, 09:51 PM
That's cute as the dickens, ahhell. :)
I don't know about the American ones but the Canadian ones seem to enjoy.22 caliber lead pellets.

C-2
04-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Sorry to tell your wifey this....
As a youngster I tried to save umpteen little sparrows like that - not one of them made it.
But to give it the boy scout effort - try shoving crushed up insects down it's mouth (that's the problem, they won't eat). Buy some crickets, mash em up and shove them down.
We have a pair of nesting songbirds in our patio area. Every year they return...takes them forever to build a nest (sometimes I help by stapling some twigs to the wood)....they sit, hatch their young...and usually 2 out of the 3 chicks get brave, decide to try their skills at flying and are promptly eaten by our dogs.
Sucks - but what can you do?

AvengerBabe
04-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Awwww, that thing is so cute, but the last post brought out the 5 margaritas in me from Old Town and now I am just laughing my @ss off thinking about the dogs.... :supp: :D :confused: :jawdrop:

Forkin' Crazy
04-08-2005, 10:28 PM
That's cute as the dickens, ahhell. :)
I don't know about the American ones but the Canadian ones seem to enjoy.22 caliber lead pellets.
LMAO!!!! The dogs too! Meal worms would be the ticket. I don't think it'll make it either. They go into shock.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Sorry...
It won't live.....
Maybe 48 hours or so.....
CJG
:frown:

Rexone
04-09-2005, 12:30 AM
It can be done but not easy (http://www.vegsource.com/animal/wildlife/messages/1408.html)
And when you're done with that one... (http://echotourism.com/birding/rehab.htm)

ahhell
04-09-2005, 05:52 AM
I was thinking about giving it to the lizard ( a rather large bearded dragon) but the wife didnt seem to agree,,,,48 hours so far...on ham and cheese :notam:

Liberator TJ1984
04-09-2005, 06:16 AM
I was thinking about giving it to the lizard ( a rather large bearded dragon) but the wife didnt seem to agree,,,,48 hours so far...on ham and cheese :notam:
Gotta add a Beer with the ham and cheese every now and then, don't want the little guy to get constipated :idea:

JAM
04-09-2005, 12:57 PM
I heard softened dog food (mixed in a blender or just mashed) in a syringe will work. Kinda like a Alpo Frapachino...
Or just write off the little fella to "natural selection"

MsDrmr
04-09-2005, 01:36 PM
that is too cute.. though it does not sound like the surprise you wanted.

ECeptor
04-09-2005, 02:41 PM
chew up some worms and grubs then spit them out for the little guy...that's exactly what his mom would have done for him!

ahhell
04-09-2005, 03:43 PM
ok... we hit the 48 hour mark and the little shit is doing great...went to petco and got sometihing called EXTRA, its what you feed baby birds that you want to sell as "hand fed"...anyway, looks like i might have a new pet, till it "accidentally" fly's out the door..... :confused: :confused: :confused: