View Full Version : Directional Jet Thruster

beached1
12-04-2001, 05:42 PM
I started a thread about this a while back but I didn't have the flyer scanned. So here you go. This looks pretty cool. I would think there would be a market for this if it in fact worked. Maybe somone in here has a lathe and a little time on their hands???
http://www.beached1.homestead.com/files/Jet_Thruster_front.jpg
http://www.beached1.homestead.com/files/Jet_Thruster_back.jpg

spectras only
12-04-2001, 06:13 PM
The only problem with this system is,lack of reverse for family boating,great for racing!

RiverToysJas
12-04-2001, 06:29 PM
I thought the same thing, but it would be very easy to make a reverse bucket for that set-up.
RTJas

RiverToysJas
12-04-2001, 06:29 PM
{the double post gremlin} - sorry!
[This message has been edited by RiverToysJas (edited December 04, 2001).]

custom-cruiser
12-04-2001, 07:03 PM
Dear Santa,
"ALL" I want for X-mas is a CNC machined, billet anodized jet pump(in blue).
Cruise(Tryn' to be good http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif)

wsuwrhr
12-04-2001, 07:32 PM
They are right in my backyard(Upland). I am a machinist and the concept looks real good. Infinite movement, there must be a ton of R&D in it. I tried to find a website for that company and I couldn't find one. Did anyone else have any luck?
Brian

RiverToysJas
12-04-2001, 07:53 PM
Well, they're in Corona yet have a 714 number, so I'm not sure how big this company is.

ULTRA28
12-04-2001, 09:10 PM
It was made by Dana of Product Welding (Dana Marine). The number is 909-279-5005. We talked about this in detail in a previous thread with the same topic headline last post on August 4th if you look back. It is an awsome set up, but he won't build them. He says there is not enough demand to jusify it for the amount they cost.

flat broke
12-05-2001, 07:52 AM
I posted a similar sentiment on HavasuBarney, but here goes again. Why doesn't someone reverse engineer one based on the photos that we have. Manufacture cast peices instead of billet to save a ton of $$. Run a small lot, sell them off and see what happens. If the guy bitches that someone ripped off his idea, you set him down and say "listen jackass I have a way to make em cheap, now do you want a slice of the pie, or do you just want me to stop making them?" Greed usually wins out every time. If I had some cash, I'd hook up with our local investment cast guru to get this rolling ;-) Any other takers?
Chris

sdba069
12-05-2001, 08:02 AM
You know this thing has been around for several years.Hot Boat did an article on it probably close to 10 years ago.I sent inquiries to the manufacturer but never received a response and never heard another word about it.

mister460
12-05-2001, 10:56 AM
You guys get together and find some more pics and I'll do it. You all will be my "test group" ie, I'll sell em to ya cheap! Give me some more info to work with and I'll start on it. I already have a few ideas and drawings and I'll be happy to share them with anyone else. I just like to have input from many people vice my own twisted imagination!! Hey Spectras, I'll be home on the 22nd. Mail me your phone number again and I'll give you a call sometime this week. Later everybody and get the ideas flowing. If all goes right a few of us might be involved with the patent. Hello royalties!!!

spectras only
12-05-2001, 12:23 PM
Andrew, call me at work,where I have voice-mail.It's hard to get a hold of me at home[kid goes to taekwondo,boatprojects etc... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif].Phone# at Creo ; 604-451 2700 ext 2126.Looking forward to meet you.
[This message has been edited by spectras only (edited December 05, 2001).]

flat broke
12-05-2001, 01:11 PM
Mr460,
Check your email.
Chris
Originally posted by mister460:
You guys get together and find some more pics and I'll do it. You all will be my "test group" ie, I'll sell em to ya cheap! Give me some more info to work with and I'll start on it. I already have a few ideas and drawings and I'll be happy to share them with anyone else. I just like to have input from many people vice my own twisted imagination!! Later everybody and get the ideas flowing. If all goes right a few of us might be involved with the patent. Hello royalties!!!

rstover1
12-06-2001, 12:41 AM
I could'nt build one but I could sell probably ten of them....

RiverDave2
12-06-2001, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by flat broke:
I posted a similar sentiment on HavasuBarney, but here goes again. Why doesn't someone reverse engineer one based on the photos that we have. Manufacture cast peices instead of billet to save a ton of $$. Run a small lot, sell them off and see what happens. If the guy bitches that someone ripped off his idea, you set him down and say "listen jackass I have a way to make em cheap, now do you want a slice of the pie, or do you just want me to stop making them?" Greed usually wins out every time. If I had some cash, I'd hook up with our local investment cast guru to get this rolling ;-) Any other takers?
Chris
I'd be more then happy to do all the prototype investment casting and second operation machining for whoever steps up to the plate. If you don't have access to CAD I also have 12 seats of PRO E & 2 Seats of Solidworks at my work..
RD

HBjet
12-06-2001, 01:52 PM
What about using an Aggressor impeller, would that bring the cost down enough?
Sorry, had to.
HBjet

mikey
12-06-2001, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ULTRA28:
It was made by Dana of Product Welding (Dana Marine). The number is 909-279-5005. We talked about this in detail in a previous thread with the same topic headline last post on August 4th if you look back. It is an awsome set up, but he won't build them. He says there is not enough demand to jusify it for the amount they cost.
Dana built the setup about 7/8 years ago for his own boat. Problem was the cost, more than a complete jet. The unit was all hydraulic controlled, steering, up-down (2 pivot points), and nozzle reducer. It was and still is a very impressive unit. Almost ALL the marine billet aluminum on the market today (hydraulic hatch hinges, hydraulic trim tabs, hydraulic Outboard transom jacks and motor brackets, gauge bezels, steering hubs, fuel fills, ect.) was designed and engineered by Dana. Dana is working on a new web site to show case all of his hardware, but for now you have to call or stop by his shop. When you call or stop by tell them (Dana, Val or Ralph) Mike says HI http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Mike
Eliminator Boats Parts Manager

flat broke
12-06-2001, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave2:
I'd be more then happy to do all the prototype investment casting and second operation machining for whoever steps up to the plate. If you don't have access to CAD I also have 12 seats of PRO E & 2 Seats of Solidworks at my work..
RD
I'll give you a jingle tomorrow.
Chris