PDA

View Full Version : Boat Cover

smokkin
04-10-2005, 02:23 PM
I would like some opinions on boat covers. What does everybody use for a good year round outdoor cover. I bought one from Overtons a 1 1/2 years ago but it is really fadded now and no longer keeps water out of my interior and adds more dust to the boat than it keeps off. I was also hit by some rain last season on my way to and from the river. I see some people tow with covers on and some without. I just want to keep my boat as nice as possibleand I just had the interior redone last June.

JetBoatRich
04-10-2005, 06:12 PM
It sucks to have to keep it out doors :yuk: that is why our boat is in the garage :rolleyes:
Maybe indoor storage is available for you or covered storage to help with your new cover not getting so damaged quickly :rolleyes:

Havasu Hangin'
04-10-2005, 06:26 PM
I would not tow with the cover on (even a custom tow cover) because there is a good chance of getting gel burns.
If you are towing through bad weather, it may be a necessary evil, but I'd take it off once the weather clears.
For storing, if you invest in a good tow cover, I'd put it on, but wrap a Home Depot plasic tarp over it (with bungees and cord) to keep the UV rays and water off it. The Home Depot stuff is much more disposable than a good canvas cover.
Make sure the water can't pool on the cover.

Bre
04-10-2005, 06:27 PM
This place:
http://adleecoversboats.com/
Best around.