PDA

View Full Version : Lake Racer Class

jackpunx
04-11-2005, 09:18 AM
I think I remember there being a lake racer class of some type.. I think the HTM's were running it it..
What are the rules? How fast do those boats go in the 1/4?
Thanks
Mark

superdave013
04-11-2005, 09:21 AM
I'm sure they would let you run river racer @ the NJBA.

jackpunx
04-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Thanks Dave,
Do you have to make any passes before they let you run? how does it work.. I looked it up and there didnt really seem to be any rules.
thanks

superdave013
04-11-2005, 09:42 AM
PM Willis or go the the jet forum and ask him. He has the inside scoop on the NJBA's river racer program.
I think you should just sack up and run blown gas myself. lol I'm a river racer class hater ONLY because they didn't have that class when I raced. I got tossed to the wolves for my first pass!

flat broke
04-11-2005, 09:55 AM
JP,
You looking to grenade that drive or what? :D I would assume it won't live long behind your recent HP additions if you are nailing it out of the hole for the drags. I know your boat is light and that helps, but wouldn't that kind of activitly just beat the crap out of your drive? Cool to see an I/O get out there though. God only knows your boat should be able to haul the mail out the back door.
Chris

jackpunx
04-11-2005, 10:14 AM
JP,
You looking to grenade that drive or what? :D I would assume it won't live long behind your recent HP additions if you are nailing it out of the hole for the drags. I know your boat is light and that helps, but wouldn't that kind of activitly just beat the crap out of your drive? Cool to see an I/O get out there though. God only knows your boat should be able to haul the mail out the back door.
Chris
I’m just gathering info.. its less for me and more for marketing.. I wouldn’t do this if I didn’t have (drive) support :D Plus I wont be doing it until end of summer (if at all).. so that if something does go wrong.. It wont get in the way of its primary job..
Don’t get me wrong.. Its for me too..lol
Mark

superdave013
04-11-2005, 10:21 AM
There has to be alot of hardcore v drive and jet parts at the bottom of lake ming. might as well put some outdrive stuff down there too!

Spotondl
04-11-2005, 10:32 AM
We ran the IHBA Big Boat class this weekend in Phoenix, 2 HTM SS's and an SR. The blown boats were running 99.7 consistently and and our normally aspirated 502 was running consistent 72 in the 1/4. There have been years where they were running in the mid 120's...

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-11-2005, 10:34 AM
We ran the IHBA Big Boat class this weekend in Phoenix, 2 HTM SS's and an SR. The blown boats were running 99.7 consistently and and our normally aspirated 502 was running consistent 72 in the 1/4. There have been years where they were running in the mid 120's...
You bought an HTM? :confused:

Spotondl
04-11-2005, 10:50 AM
You bought an HTM? :confused:
Oh no.... I did not buy an HTM... Just out helping a bud and hanging with the HTM guys for the weekend...

jackpunx
04-11-2005, 11:47 AM
thanks for all the info.. so do the size you up for different classes? or is there a bracket?
or is just a slug fest?
thanks
Mark

superdave013
04-11-2005, 12:00 PM
thanks for all the info.. so do the size you up for different classes? or is there a bracket?
or is just a slug fest?
thanks
Mark
river racer is like t ball. everyone gets to play and there is no winner or loser.

Spotondl
04-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Basically a slug fest...

Spotondl
04-11-2005, 12:36 PM
river racer is like t ball. everyone gets to play and there is no winner or loser.
Exactly, but IHBA is trying to move it into a Little League level :eek: IF they can field more boats...

jackpunx
04-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Will my boat fit in any other classes?
Stoker IO
SST 224
Blown BBC 540
ModVP

superdave013
04-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Exactly, but IHBA is trying to move it into a Little League level :eek: IF they can field more boats...
I'm talking about the NJBA's river racer class. And they have a nice boat count in R.R. for sure.

stoker2001
04-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Will my boat fit in any other classes?
Stoker IO
SST 224
Blown BBC 540
ModVPmark,IHBA is run on one second intervals/classes.river racer =12 seconds stock/elim=11 second mod/elim=10 second top/elim=9 second.saturday is always qualifying runs only,so you will get at least two runs to determine which class you will run on sunday.wife and i had a blast,got real lucky and qualified #1 with a 10.03.made it to final round and fed lit on sunday.new Stoker is home now,hope to hook up with you kids soon.

jackpunx
04-12-2005, 09:20 AM
mark,IHBA is run on one second intervals/classes.river racer =12 seconds stock/elim=11 second mod/elim=10 second top/elim=9 second.saturday is always qualifying runs only,so you will get at least two runs to determine which class you will run on sunday.wife and i had a blast,got real lucky and qualified #1 with a 10.03.made it to final round and fed lit on sunday.new Stoker is home now,hope to hook up with you kids soon.
I talked to Al and he told me... Well done though.. Glad you got the boat home finally .. We'll be at BBSP and look forward to hangning out.. which boat are you bringing?
The issue I have with the race thing is the smooth water.. if its to smooth.. my boat wont act right.. and I'll either blow out my bracket or loose my ass.. I guess I'll have to do some testing to find out.. :2purples:

Wakker
04-12-2005, 06:16 PM
The water isn't always very smooth...

jackpunx
04-13-2005, 07:29 AM
The water isn't always very smooth...
well.... If im doing it.. your doing it too :hammer2:

stoker2001
04-13-2005, 02:38 PM
well.... If im doing it.. your doing it too :hammer2:be careful,its addicting :2purples: :wink:

jackpunx
04-13-2005, 02:39 PM
thats exactly what boat 030 told me..lol

Jetboatguru
04-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Kevin, congrats on your #1 qualifier in Phoenix. It's great to see you doing well out there. Unlike your weiner boy Uncle Tony, you have the nads to throw your chips on the table and go racing. Take it easy and we will see you at BBSP.

You Te
04-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Kevin, congrats on your #1 qualifier in Phoenix. It's great to see you doing well out there. Unlike your weiner boy Uncle Tony, you have the nads to throw your chips on the table and go racing. Take it easy and we will see you at BBSP.
I'll be at BBSP Tony, I'll take the bottle out and you can see me run Kevin, I mean, you can watch Roland drive my boat.
I guess we will finally see about the nads. :2purples: :2purples:

Jetboatguru
04-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Tom,
The bottom line is Kevin goes out and races his boat. Plus he is a hell of a nice guy. He is a good racer and goes rounds and he is respected by lots of racers.

uclahater
04-13-2005, 04:02 PM
And he's always smiling, and looks to be enjoying the hell out of it :cool:

You Te
04-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Tom,
The bottom line is Kevin goes out and races his boat. Plus he is a hell of a nice guy. He is a good racer and goes rounds and he is respected by lots of racers.
Gee Tony, tell me something I don't know. I've been friends with Kevin for years and yes, he is a good racer.
He likes to boat way more than I do. Some people like to drive all over the country, make some passes and then back to the trailer, it's just not my thing.
I guess you think if someone does not go to the track, they just don't rate.
See Tony, you're been right about me the whole time, I don't rate.
So come on by BBSP say hi and I give you a cold one.

Jetboatguru
04-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Tom,
I will come to BBSP. And I will bring the cold ones.