PDA

View Full Version : Something Very Interesting, What Would You Do???

abraman1326
04-25-2006, 12:17 PM
What would you do if you were to see this...
Child Abduction (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/default.cdnx/id/11925653/displaymode/1157 )
BRA

Her454
04-25-2006, 12:30 PM
What would you do if you were to see this...
Child Abduction (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/default.cdnx/id/11925653/displaymode/1157 )
BRA
Brandon - That is incredibly scary. And to be honest, I would probably have dismissed it as a tantrum UNTIL I heard the "your not my dad" .. being said repeatedly.
Very very scary, I guess thats a lesson learned. We cant take ANY chances.

CARLSON-JET
04-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Scary stuff indeed. I hope this sheds a little light. Good post abraman1326. I'm personally a "pro-active" responder. I guess I'm just the old school, it takes a village mantality. I wish there was a better way for kids to protect themselves in this day and age. R.B.

abraman1326
04-25-2006, 01:10 PM
It's a hard case. I know I would interviene. I mean at least I would know for piece of mind that nothing happend to an innocent child. Then again, I'm also the 1 who more often than not will pull over for a stranded motorist. Probably not always the smartest thing, and now that I have children I won't do it if I have them in the car, but I still believe in the good of people. I know I couldn't live w/ myself if I had witnessed this and something had happend to this child. I'd feel as guilty as the perp that did it...
BRA

havasurat27
04-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Sure makes you think!

Ziggy
04-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Brandon - That is incredibly scary. And to be honest, I would probably have dismissed it as a tantrum UNTIL I heard the "your not my dad" .. being said repeatedly.
Very very scary, I guess thats a lesson learned. We cant take ANY chances.
Its a fine line we walk every day, do or don't get involved.....and how many times have you heard a kid say your not my dad or mom???? Hundreds....my son said it to my wife whenever it had to do with authority. Step-mom yes but not his real mom so she had no right according to his thought process.
saw a similar news sequence where they tested people on helping a woman being harrassed physically in public by what appeared to be a spouse or boyfriend....results were virtually the same....
scary, don't count on help, be aware of your surroundings at all times.