PDA

View Full Version : Anna Ideas

Wet Dream
04-11-2005, 02:00 PM
We are LESS than 2 months away and I know alot of you have been wrenching on the boats, or taping off some new designs or both. Now its time to put things in order for the actual weekend at Anna. I personally get there on Thursday and leave on Monday and so does Wide open and few others. I think everyone has their reservations and if you don't...you're probably screwed as far as getting a room near the lake. Camping is probably available, but the nearest hotel is probably going to be Fredricksburg, I think. I don't have a map in front of me. Most of you have been to Lake Anna when Beast Of The East rolls into town and we have always tried to have something going on that breaks up the day instead of sitting in the cove all day. We tried the "Not a Poker Run Run" but I don't know if people are interrested in something like that again or not? It got a lot of us out of the cove (21 boats), heading out for the same location and tore up the water. I thought it was pretty cool seeing all that, but the fishermen might disagree. :D We've tried several different things to keep everyone busy on the water and want YOUR input on things that work and things that don't. Also the things that we do at night. The raffle...keep it or junk it? We're trying to keep this fun and exciting for everyone, so I can't stress enough how much your input helps. If you think its s shitty idea, put it up here anyway (or you can PM it), a few people might be able to tweak it and make it work. Most of you have my cell number. If you don't here it is again and feel free to call...814-603-0447, Bill.

Roostertail
04-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Bill If there is anything I can do let me know. I will be there on Weds night or Thurs. morning. I will be glad to do what ever i can to help!!
Terry

Mrs.sleekcraft76
04-12-2005, 04:37 AM
I'd say keep the raffle, but somehow give everyone a better chance to win a prize.
As for as at night or afternoon. You can have a best in show or worst in show (no offense) to anyone out there, best waxed boat, etc.
What about a Bartender of the year, you can have several people try out for it (fix drinks for people, and the people choose). Bring Bill's bar!!!
You can have a singing contest (bring the Karoke machine, and the ear plugs, oh don't forget the drinks)
It's to early in the morning for me to think of much more.

promod
04-12-2005, 05:33 AM
[As for as at night or afternoon. You can have a best in show or worst in show (no offense) to anyone out there, best waxed boat, etc.
we know who would when the wax job the one and only ratman

MizBubba
04-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Would it be feasible to have a swap meet sometime during the weekend? That would give folks a chance to get rid of the stuff they have in the garage, and maybe come home with new stuff to take it's place? Just a thought.
I agree with Jamie. I'd like to keep the raffle, that was fun. (plus, I've got a few things to donate to the cause)
I hope ya'll are planning to do the T-shirt thing again, this year... last year's are starting to wear out.

HammerDown
04-12-2005, 02:56 PM
I'll be on the water...look for me there :wink:

MANIC MECHANIC
04-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Bill,
Can you set it up for a little less rain this year? :D
Tim

blondebomber
04-12-2005, 03:54 PM
How about a WET T- SHIRT contest. :idea: :p

sleekcraft76
04-12-2005, 04:47 PM
eat , drink , burn gas and haul ass!!

fakethis
04-12-2005, 08:24 PM
I'll be there for the first time this summer and I can't wait
Please dont let Mike t in on the wet t shirt contest :rolleyes:
See ya there :D

737jetmech
04-13-2005, 01:56 AM
eat , drink , burn gas and haul ass!!
Thats all I plan on doing ... Keep it simple !
Bob

Wet Dream
04-13-2005, 07:35 PM
I'll be on the water...look for me there :wink:
Uhhh yeah...what state will you be in? We'll have a satellite programmed to take pics of you and have them beamed down to us at ANNA! :D

HammerDown
04-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Uhhh yeah...what state will you be in? We'll have a satellite programmed to take pics of you and have them beamed down to us at ANNA! :D
:idea: well guess I better be sure not to use the "satellite" you used for Lake James....(ouch) :D

MizBubba
04-14-2005, 12:30 PM
:idea: well guess I better be sure not to use the "satellite" you used for Lake James....(ouch) :D
...Is it getting cold in here, or is it my imagination?? :eek:
:wink:

HammerDown
04-14-2005, 12:53 PM
...Is it getting cold in here, or is it my imagination?? :eek:
:wink:
BRRrrrrrrr :D

Huffer
04-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Hope To Do A Lot Of Riding Myself!

fat rat
04-17-2005, 04:06 AM
Hope to be doing a lot of sitting and BS'ing.........and a little riding. :coffeycup
Are we still doing the friday evening boat parade, if so I'll be the clown this year. :D

Lady Warhawk
04-17-2005, 04:44 AM
Hope to be doing a lot of sitting and BS'ing.........and a little riding. :coffeycup
Are we still doing the friday evening boat parade, if so I'll be the clown this year. :D
LOLl Rat, I have just the fella for ya to sit and BS with :devil:
Remember ya can't BS a BS're :coffeycup

sleekcraft76
04-17-2005, 03:29 PM
were do we plan to hang out at? the pict's from the second trip to anna at jack's looked nice.Or maybee some kind of sand bar?

Wet Dream
04-17-2005, 05:45 PM
In response to a few of these...
Roostertail
Bill If there is anything I can do let me know. I will be there on Weds night or Thurs. morning. I will be glad to do what ever i can to help!!
Terry
Wednesday is early, I think you'd be the first one in. :D
Mrs.sleekcraft76
I'd say keep the raffle, but somehow give everyone a better chance to win a prize.Mrs.sleekcraft76 I'd say keep the raffle, but somehow give everyone a better chance to win a prize.
As for as at night or afternoon. You can have a best in show or worst in show (no offense) to anyone out there, best waxed boat, etc.
What about a Bartender of the year, you can have several people try out for it (fix drinks for people, and the people choose). Bring Bill's bar!!!
You can have a singing contest (bring the Karoke machine, and the ear plugs, oh don't forget the drinks)
I can't fix the raffle outcome. I should FIX it because I've only won one thing...ever, but thats cool. :D
We have tried to get the Show and Shine going for the afternoon, but some people come off the water and then cover the boats right away, so that defeats the purpose.
The bar will definately be there. :D
Karaoke is a great idea, but are people actually going to have the balls to sing? Enough tequila and Sambuca, I'd be in that contest. :D
MizBubba
Would it be feasible to have a swap meet sometime during the weekend? That would give folks a chance to get rid of the stuff they have in the garage, and maybe come home with new stuff to take it's place? Just a thought.
We did the swap meet the first year. WideOpen brought a lot of crap to Anna, I don't know if it was good or bad for him. But you have to think of the room you have in your tow vehicle and that you might have to take it back home. Bring it if you want to sell it. I think there would be some pretty cool stuff there. You might leave with more than you sold. :D
We are still working on the T-shirts. Details to follow shortly.
HammerDown
I'll be on the water...look for me there
I was wondering what state you'd be in? Seeing you at Anna is a rarity. :D
MANIC MECHANIC
Bill, Can you set it up for a little less rain this year?
I'll see what I can do. If I had control of the weather I sure as hell wouldn't be driving a truck for a living and I wouldn't be shoveling snow in the winter. :D
blondebomber
How about a WET T- SHIRT contest.
Now you're talking. ;)
fat rat
Hope to be doing a lot of sitting and BS'ing.........and a little riding.
With the wax in one hand and the cloth in the other.
Huffer
Hope To Do A Lot Of Riding Myself!
Personally, I like to drive. :D
sleekcraft76
were do we plan to hang out at? the pict's from the second trip to anna at jack's looked nice.Or maybee some kind of sand bar?
Jack's place is beautiful. He was a great host last year and opened it to us. The only thing that has me concerned is that it is surrounded by little islands that block view of any traffic. Its really not all that bad, but if someone makes a high speed run inside this area and a jetski or another boat barrel through there, there isn't a whole lot of room for error. I would hate to see something happen. I'm not saying we can't or won't go there, I just want everyone to be safe.

Mrs.sleekcraft76
04-17-2005, 06:14 PM
How about a WET T- SHIRT contest. :idea: :p
How about a wet brief contest :cool:

Lady Warhawk
04-18-2005, 05:01 AM
OMG Jamie, I don't believe you actually said that :D
Thank God Daniel wears boxers :2purples:
BUT, I do know some one with a purty tail :hammerhea

Lady Warhawk
04-18-2005, 05:11 AM
I know this may sound corny, but a good ol egg toss (raw) after everyone has had a beer or twelve could be hysterical. You know, some one standing there with egg on their face :D
Last person standing could win a prize :idea:
That or the wet brief contest :jawdrop:

Mrs.sleekcraft76
04-18-2005, 05:31 AM
OMG Jamie, I don't believe you actually said that :D
Thank God Daniel wears boxers :2purples:
BUT, I do know some one with a purty tail :hammerhea
They could wear boxers too. It don't matter. It all works the same.. right?
I know who has the purty tail!!

promod
04-18-2005, 05:38 AM
pole dancers :jawdrop:

MizBubba
04-18-2005, 05:48 AM
That's my girl!!! :D
Get 'em drunk, get 'em wet.... works for me!! :2purples:

MarKist
04-18-2005, 09:34 AM
hey Wet Dream,so where do you guys hang at on this lake ??do you guys have a sandbar or a island,beach ect.just wondering saw some pics of last years B.O.T.E.and everybody was standing around in muddy water and women were on there boats! wassup with that??? tell us 1st timers what to expect :confused: :confused:hey check out the post count Da big 500!! LOL
Markist

hydrostream'n
04-19-2005, 02:27 PM
This has been a busy winter/spring for the family. Sold our new (1 year old)house (not a good neighborhood for our new daughter to grow up in), sold some rental properties (I hate landlordship), building a new house in a better neighborhood, and staying in one of my old rentals till it's built in June. BUT, we should be all moved in by June 2nd so I think this year could be my first Anna.
Another Big But... I guess there's no room at the inn this late in the game for the 3 of us right? Any sugestions? :idea:

737jetmech
04-19-2005, 03:42 PM
This has been a busy winter/spring for the family. Sold our new (1 year old)house (not a good neighborhood for our new daughter to grow up in), sold some rental properties (I hate landlordship), building a new house in a better neighborhood, and staying in one of my old rentals till it's built in June. BUT, we should be all moved in by June 2nd so I think this year could be my first Anna.
Another Big But... I guess there's no room at the inn this late in the game for the 3 of us right? Any sugestions? :idea:
Ask the hotel to put you on a stand-by list . If anyone cancels ... your in! Camping is also an option .
Bob

HammerDown
04-19-2005, 05:07 PM
There's always a room or two that pop-up. I have one room at each motel...one lakefront at the light house and one at the cellblock. I'll be giving one up last minute, most likely the cell block.

hydrostream'n
04-19-2005, 06:13 PM
There's always a room or two that pop-up. I have one room at each motel...one lakefront at the light house and one at the cellblock. I'll be giving one up last minute, most likely the cell block.
Well, I'm going to call the hotels tomorrow and get on the waiting list for now, but if there's any chance I can talk you out of one of those rooms early Hammer please let me know.
It will be good to get reaquainted with everyone and meet some new folks, hell I'm still new since I have only been to one BOTE event so far :-(
Herb, Stacey, & Mya
Dillsburg, PA

Wet Dream
04-19-2005, 09:51 PM
hey Wet Dream,so where do you guys hang at on this lake ??do you guys have a sandbar or a island,beach ect.just wondering saw some pics of last years B.O.T.E.and everybody was standing around in muddy water and women were on there boats! wassup with that??? tell us 1st timers what to expect :confused: :confused:hey check out the post count Da big 500!! LOL
Markist
Markist, we usually go to Pigeon Cove which is right around the corner from the launch ramp. This has always been the place we go to, with the exception of late summer last year when we went to to Jack's place. Please do not confuse Lake Anna with Lake James. Anna is a silty/ clay type bottom lake with shale rock in much of the area. As far as I know, there aren't any sandy public beaches. Homeowners might bring in truckloads of sand to better their property, but thats about it. There are islands, sandbars and other areas to hang out, but we have to consider those that have fuel tanks that carry 3 gallons or so. We try to keep it close so as not to exclude anyone and Pigeon is a pretty good area for speed runs, grudge matches, rooster blasts and launching the parasail. If you would like to tow someone or carry their fuel, that would be cool. The "muddy" water you see is a result of 70+ people walking near the shore to BS with everyone else, and lots of boats running in that cove creating mild waves. The local boaters know we are there and they take a few trips in that cove to check us out. The women on the top of the boats merely means that we are able to anchor off and they, or anyone, don't have to F around with holding it. There is 210 miles of shoreline to explore if you happen to find a more suitable area for everyone. Jacks place ROCKS!!! Beach up and enjoy the property, but we haven't been invited back yet. After 8 events, I have yet to hear that someone didn't like Anna, even when it was 3 feet down the first year. What to expect? A great time. ;)

fat rat
04-20-2005, 04:29 AM
pole dancers :jawdrop:
Hey Promod I'll bring the pole...............you bring the dancers. :idea:

MarKist
04-20-2005, 06:12 AM
Wet, thanks bro, that explains alot.We are looking forward to it,just got to get this freakin boat ready!!
Markist

promod
04-20-2005, 06:53 AM
Hey Promod I'll bring the pole...............you bring the dancers. :idea:
we need to get the hooter girls to come out and gives us a show what think der rat :messedup:

HammerDown
04-20-2005, 05:09 PM
You know, some one standing there with egg on their face :
Kinky... :D

fat rat
04-21-2005, 04:14 AM
we need to get the hooter girls to come out and gives us a show what think der rat :messedup:
Good idea, I think Fredricksburg Va. has a Hooter's............let's pile everyone in a couple vehicles and roll down there saturday nite. :idea: :D :D