PDA

View Full Version : When are people going to learn to Drive?

my21advantage
04-11-2005, 06:08 PM
I got hit last week in the channel :devil: mind you I was stopped and there was alot of traffic in the channel. Some guy hit the back of my boat OUCH! I can understand the traffic but when somebody has a brand new boat (not a cheap one either) and tells me I lost control of my boat is unexceptable...if your gonna spend a Sh@! load of money, know how the thing works.

LHC30Victory
04-11-2005, 06:12 PM
That's one of the biggest problems in the Channel. People who can't understand that CONTROLLING a boat is different from controlling a car. Then add a little (or a lot) of alcohol and what skill they had is GONE!
I have been so glad for my twins on many occasions. And that was just in the Channel!!!

Sweet Addiction
04-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Sorry to hear that, there are some people that have more money than brains, and I don't think anyone on the boards is this way, I believe that most people here are very knowledgable. Sorry to hear about your boat, it looks beautiful. So did it cause much damage?

my21advantage
04-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Sorry to hear that, there are some people that have more money than brains, and I don't think anyone on the boards is this way, I believe that most people here are very knowledgable. Sorry to hear about your boat, it looks beautiful. So did it cause much damage?
Put a couple of nice scraches that probably can be rubbed out, but there's definitely some glass work to be done ( 4 inch x 1/2 inch).

Sweet Addiction
04-11-2005, 06:26 PM
I would be livid. Hope you can get it fixed up right.

my21advantage
04-11-2005, 06:30 PM
I would be livid. Hope you can get it fixed up right.
Trust me I was... :boxingguy especially when he said he lost control of his boat. Really, who does that?

Kilrtoy
04-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Or better yet the dumb ass jet skier in the channel who stopped and tyried to do a uturn right infront of me....
That sucks I feel for you especially in that pretty DCB you have.......

my21advantage
04-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Or better yet the dumb ass jet skier in the channel who stopped and tyried to do a uturn right infront of me....
At leat the TC damage is bad and the guy was nice about it and offered to pay out of pocket...but it's just fustrating I have to take the time out to fix somebody's ill-responsibilty. :frown:

HPB
04-11-2005, 07:35 PM
I saw that idiot do that to you. :hammer2: With my jet I was having a hell of a time getting thru, but I did it (second time ever) :eek: glad you didn't see me try to put the boat back on the trailer that would of been a funny one to watch....

mbrown2
04-11-2005, 08:01 PM
The Channel is a mess on the weekends (any weekend from mid March to the Mid October...pair that with LE cracking down, City wanting to regulate it, and more people hanging out there spells a different channel with possible different rules this coming summer....I really don't plan on spending much time in it..
Sorry to hear about your misfortune....

Forkin' Crazy
04-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Trust me I was... :boxingguy especially when he said he lost control of his boat. Really, who does that?
An idiot apparently. Sorry that happened. I was at Havasu for the first time spring break weekend. Pretty crowded. Not the place for a novice. :hammerhea

OutCole'd
04-11-2005, 08:25 PM
On Saturday the Channel was packed. I was just looking both directions like it was some kinda tennis match, waiting for the wrecks to start. Some moron would try to stop to catch a football and that started the whole back up thing. I usually don't mind hanging there, but I hate trying to drive through when it gets crowded. Always some idiot not thinking about the trouble they are about to cause.

pixilatedpussy
04-11-2005, 10:38 PM
People are LAME!!! This would be only one of the channel probs!!!

JetBoatRich
04-12-2005, 03:36 AM
Sucks about your boat my21advantage, the channel is not for the novice :mad: it is bad enough on busy weekends experienced or not :supp:
Sounds like you have the repairs handled and will be out your time, if there is a good thing :confused: he did take responsibility :mad:

INSman
04-12-2005, 06:28 AM
Was this the guy in the 30' Eliminator "V" hull ??? If so, I remember seeing this one as the guy was all over the place, overcorrecting with too much throttle every time !! :hammerhea :hammerhea

INSman
04-12-2005, 06:29 AM
I think they should ban all those beater pontoon boats with outboards that are overworked and a breakdown waiting to happen, not to mention the 2-stroke smoke that kills you !!! :crossx: :220v: :crossx:

dicudmore
04-12-2005, 06:40 AM
I think they should ban all those beater pontoon boats with outboards that are overworked and a breakdown waiting to happen, not to mention the 2-stroke smoke that kills you !!! :crossx: :220v: :crossx:
my pontoon happens to be an environmentally friendly 4-stroke ;)

dicudmore
04-12-2005, 06:41 AM
my 21Advantage....sorry to hear what happened.
Seems the last FEW weeks there's been all sorts of collisions in the channel :cry:

Not So Fast
04-12-2005, 06:54 AM
Not to hi-jack but your comment on the blue smokers is a sore point with me. Since we live here and are retired and have the privelige of not having to go on the water on Saturdays, we quite ofter go down to Rotary Park and just float on a noodle and watch, after all it is fun.
When the wind is not moving it only takes about 2 or 3 PWC's or a rental pontoon that has the mix way too rich and the BLUE HAZE that just lays on Thompsons Bay is horrible and we have actually left because of it. I've asked LE about it and they say they cant do a thing :rollside: but yet we have this crap about mufflers which is the biggest bunch of bureaucratic bull S--t being forced down our throats while the air we breathe chokes and burns your eyes. If you say something to the violaters they either get indignant or act stupid when you point to the big ball of blue smoke trailing them. It just isn't right :cry: :cry: NSF

my21advantage
04-12-2005, 06:55 AM
Sucks about your boat my21advantage, the channel is not for the novice :mad: it is bad enough on busy weekends experienced or not :supp:
Sounds like you have the repairs handled and will be out your time, if there is a good thing :confused: he did take responsibility :mad:
Yea the guy was really cool about it....had just picked up the boat that day! He took responsibilty for the damages and he felt really bad :frown:

Havasu_Dreamin
04-12-2005, 07:18 AM
Sorry to hear about that.
Last weekend, I personally what was basically three boat collisions. One was like OC'd said, someone trying to catch a GD football. I also saw a 30 ft Sleekcraft dead in the channel facing West to East, that's a lot of boat to be width-wise in there. Apparently they must've backed out of their spot with the swim ladder down and ran over it with the prop as when they got to tourist side of the channel they lifted it up and it was mangled. But, they got it removed and were under way in about 20 minutes I think. We also did see an odl beater pontoon break down as well.

RiverDave
04-12-2005, 08:27 AM
LOL.... :D Most aren't, but some are.
RD

Dave C
04-12-2005, 08:42 AM
he was looking for the brake pedal! :supp:

GHTRIM
04-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Sorry to hear about the accident. :hammerhea People need to pay more attention to the conditions in the channel (ie. wind, traffic, etc.). Everyone has seen f'ing idiots there. I could go on with a list of f'ing crap people do that is f'ed up in the channel. Hope everything turns out with the blemish on the boat.

Ducatista
04-12-2005, 09:04 AM
Sorry to hear about the damage, it can be a pain in the arse to get that stuff fixed sometimes. We got close to the channel on Sat but turned around when we saw how congested it was, bailed out to some quite coves out of the wind and droped a line. We pretty much avoid the channel on Saturday's starting about now till Labor Day passes, then we can return. Friday and Sunday are usually ok, a good party but not as crazy or congested as Saturday's during the summer season. No thanks, it's disgusting in there when it's that busy, plenty of nice places to go elsewhere on the lake/river. We have been enjoying the channel on the weekends all fall & winter, it will be there come October and be nice place to visit again.

sorry dog
04-12-2005, 03:50 PM
The punishment for bad boat driving should be confinement to Bubbles for the remainder of the weekend...with RD as your remedial instructor.

Perfect Mixer
04-12-2005, 07:50 PM
I can feel for the guy that hit you. I picked up my boat on Saturday and it was the first time with offshore controls. Although I've been through the channel enough times with a jet and a prop to know how to negotiate it (albiet not with a 28' boat thought). I was beaching it next to a buddy of mine when I was trying to straighten it up in reverse, I grabbed the throttle and pushed it forward thinking it was a single lever system and to my suprise I gassed it in reverse. Luckily there was no one behind me, buy my buddy almost fell of the bow of the boat. I guess even with my 18 years of boating, I'm still a novice too! I would have been devistated to wreck it within the first couple of hours of being on the water with the new boat.