PDA

View Full Version : Hey 3DO!

Jetdriver
04-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Whys the boat sittin at Teague? :D

Three Days Only
04-12-2005, 01:48 PM
There putting on fenced pullies, new sea water pumps, rerouting some water lines, and doing a once over for the summer!!
Too bad they wont throw on a set of #6's while it there also!!

jackpunx
04-12-2005, 01:52 PM
There putting on fenced pullies, new sea water pumps, rerouting some water lines, and doing a once over for the summer!!
this is the shop..
"yep.. the drives are on it... well.. they seem to work.... Hey Bob! Drives look ok.. what are you going to do about that house payment?"
Bob says
"Dont worry.. he'll be back next month.. find some other stuff wrong with it and charge that other guy double till herman gets back next month"

Jetdriver
04-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Its great to drive by there and see boats that you know! :D Its also good to know that Bob will be making his house payment again this month! LOL

LESSON LEARNED
04-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Bob payed his house off when 3DO purchased the motors.......
He put in a pool when I bought mine........

mbrown2
04-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Bob payed his house off when 3DO purchased the motors.......
He put in a pool when I bought mine........
LMAO...

Three Days Only
04-13-2005, 09:12 AM
On a serious note:
You guys talk all the crap you want, but the truth is Teague Custom Marine kicks ass. Bob, Mario, Chuck & the rest of the crew there are top notch. I have never missed a planned weekend due to my boat being tied up in service in the last 1 1/2 years. I also do not believe half the BS stories I read on these boards, since they have never showed me anything less then 110%.
They have always been very fair with pricing on everything I have ever done especially compared to other shops I have priced out. The truth is...........I have gotten what I’ve paid for over and over plus one hell of a solid product combined with some of the best customer service I have ever seen in the marine industry.
Jeff / 3DO

Charley
04-13-2005, 09:38 AM
On a serious note:
You guys talk all the crap you want, but the truth is Teague Custom Marine kicks ass. Bob, Mario, Chuck & the rest of the crew there are top notch. I have never missed a planned weekend due to my boat being tied up in service in the last 1 1/2 years. I also do not believe half the BS stories I read on these boards, since they have never showed me anything less then 110%.
They have always been very fair with pricing on everything I have ever done especially compared to other shops I have priced out. The truth is...........I have gotten what I’ve paid for over and over plus one hell of a solid product combined with some of the best customer service I have ever seen in the marine industry.
Jeff / 3DO
I couldn't agree more..... Teague is a class act, except when Faulkner is around and Get's Bob to start Cussing ... OKOK... Joking aside even if they are a little more expensive... service costs money and they offer a quality level of service at a reflective rate

jackpunx
04-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Your boat has been in service for 1 1/2 years?..
All kidding aside..
My experience is a little different..
they werent giving me the time of day until
1. I came in there with MR HERMAN!
2. they saw my boat (i called and got up sell deal over the phone not what I was looking for)
I have gone in there and seen these guys at the boat shows.. Jeff is right... I think I just had this experience with just one guy there.. Everyone else there has been way cool..
I am very happy with my builder.. but if I were to change for any reason..
I would either go to Bob Teauge or Carson Brummit...

Three Days Only
04-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Your boat has been in service for 1 1/2 years?..
All kidding aside..
My experience is a little different..
they werent giving me the time of day until
1. I came in there with MR HERMAN!
2. they saw my boat (i called and got up sell deal over the phone not what I was looking for)
I have gone in there and seen these guys at the boat shows.. Jeff is right... I think I just had this experience with just one guy there.. Everyone else there has been way cool..
I am very happy with my builder.. but if I were to change for any reason..
I would either go to Bob Teauge or Carson Brummet...
I told you to talk directly to Bob before you called. He's the one that is going to give you the pricing and get your shit done. Im sure he would have had no problem talking to you if you would have asked for him. For god sakes business is business and your bill was not exactly small!!!
GT Performance has treated you the same way Teague Marine has been with me, why go anywhere else!! Gary knows your motor and boat inside and out, im surprised you were even shopping around to be honest. Once you find a good shop, you just stay there. Now a days its not easy finding people that are really good with all the hackers out there!! My .02
For me its Teague Custom Marine or Aaron @ Absolute and thats it. Both companies have great service and get there stuff done. I mean Bob had one of my distributors changed in the cove at the nautical last year during the poker run, how much could you ask for considering his shop is in Valencia. They go to the poker runs (at least the bigger ones) with a support truck, I was totally impressed.

jackpunx
04-13-2005, 11:43 AM
I agree with you.. I was not shopping around.. this was before I even started the work on my first engine.. I called them the second time to see what the price would be.. I even called them when I wanted to put a blower on my jetbboat..
all three times I got the same person on the phone..
My intentions were not to change builders.. just to do a gutt check..
Im not knocking Teauge .. Im just saying that the guy I talked to lost my business.. I have had complete different experiences with all the other employees there..
but would not switch from my current builder

Three Days Only
04-13-2005, 12:23 PM
I agree with you.. I was not shopping around.. this was before I even started the work on my first engine.. I called them the second time to see what the price would be.. I even called them when I wanted to put a blower on my jetbboat..
all three times I got the same person on the phone..
My intentions were not to change builders.. just to do a gutt check..
Im not knocking Teauge .. Im just saying that the guy I talked to lost my business.. I have had complete different experiences with all the other employees there..
but would not switch from my current builder
Whatever tight wad!!! I know you were shopping hoping to get a deal.

LESSON LEARNED
04-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Before you pick your boat up with those new pulleys, make sure they have all the bugs worked out......
I have lost 3 belts since switching over.......They are looking into the problem for me right now.......The sharp machined edge of the new pulley is eating the belt up at high RPM........The belt does'nt have room for a hair on either end between the fences.........
Just trying to save you time..........The one surviving belt I had lost one groove and I trimmed the excess........It lasted me all weekend............

LESSON LEARNED
04-13-2005, 12:41 PM
I forgot, Yes they do have great customer service.............
No complaints yet...........

Three Days Only
04-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Before you pick your boat up with those new pulleys, make sure they have all the bugs worked out......
I have lost 3 belts since switching over.......They are looking into the problem for me right now.......The sharp machined edge of the new pulley is eating the belt up at high RPM........The belt does'nt have room for a hair on either end between the fences.........
Just trying to save you time..........The one surviving belt I had lost one groove and I trimmed the excess........It lasted me all weekend............
Thats intresting, everyone else I know that has had there pullies changed to the fenced pullies hasnt had any problems. My belts just keeping jumping a couple of grooves back. Im going to bring that too Mario's attention though.
Thanks

jackpunx
04-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Thats intresting, everyone else I know that has had there pullies changed to the fenced pullies hasnt had any problems. My belts just keeping jumping a couple of grooves back. Im going to bring that too Mario's attention though.
Thanks
HHMM.. my belts didnt go anywhere :notam: :D

alfonzo
04-13-2005, 02:50 PM
I got home from the bar the other night threw my belt somewhere and now I cant find it!!!???

jackpunx
04-13-2005, 03:01 PM
I got home from the bar the other night threw my belt somewhere and now I cant find it!!!???
Dude!.. did you buy your pants at Bob Teagues?

alfonzo
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Dude!.. did you buy your pants at Bob Teagues?
ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh shiat!!! I should look for the recipt.

Jrocket
04-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Whatever tight wad!!! I know you were shopping hoping to get a deal.
Thats what people do,shop to get the most value for there money.

pussycat
04-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Alf, you will never believe I had the same problem. On the other hand my blower belts on my outboards seem to work just fine. :D

Bling Bling
04-13-2005, 09:31 PM
It's kinda funny I'm not having any pulley belt problems. But then again real blowers come from the Blower shop. :D

Three Days Only
04-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Thats what people do,shop to get the most value for there money.
When your out shopping for a hooker................
Remeber that the cheap ones are short, fat and ugly. The expensive ones well, you know!!!!
It's kinda funny I'm not having any pulley belt problems. But then again real blowers come from the Blower shop. :D
Yes Bling, yours are real, a real mess. Dont you rememeber the oil all over your bilge!!!!

alfonzo
04-14-2005, 01:16 PM
It's kinda funny I'm not having any pulley belt problems. But then again real blowers come from the Blower shop. :Dso you don't have a prblem with your pants falling down?

Charley
04-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Yes Bling, yours are real, a real mess. Dont you rememeber the oil all over your bilge!!!!
so since you have seem both... what shoots more brown goo.... Rocky or Blings Blowers?

Three Days Only
04-14-2005, 02:00 PM
so since you have seem both... what shoots more brown goo.... Rocky or Blings Blowers?
Rocky is a light shot, I would have to give Bling the award for the most goo in the bilge.

Charley
04-14-2005, 05:38 PM
so you don't have a prblem with your pants falling down?
no but on this day he was wishing you had alf .... look at him... he is reaching in his pocket to see if he had some spare change to offer ya! LOL!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/38bling_fag.jpg

WetWillie
04-14-2005, 06:04 PM
I have had no issues with my belt on my Teague motor??? Why would he use different pulleys? Why not standardize on one set?? Am I missing something here??..:idea:

Three Days Only
04-15-2005, 08:04 AM
I have had no issues with my belt on my Teague motor??? Why would he use different pulleys? Why not standardize on one set?? Am I missing something here??..:idea:
Hello...................You got a quadrotor, completely differn't set-up and it already has fenced pullies. My engine is running a serpentine belt system and has a differn't pulley set up then the standard 800EFI since all my accesories are from my old HP500EFI's. There not having any issues with the standard set-up on the regular 800EFI's. I will tell you what the motors are bitchen, besides my belts jumping due to my pullies I have never had any other issues. Turn Key and plenty of power.