PDA

View Full Version : Custom Cowlings

F&M Custom Cowlings
04-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Thought I might give you the link to the hottest new item going for customizing the look of your boat engine....
Check out www.customcowlings.com
We have covers for the 496Mag/Mag HO and the 350 Mag and 6.2 Mercruiser engines. We have many original designs and colors to match your boat.
You can also call 866-848-4600
Check it out and let us know what you think!

dicudmore
04-12-2005, 12:53 PM
welcome to the forums...
good luck with your new product. Looks nice :D
Personally I'll stick with my boat bling (http://www.boatbling.net) cover. Its already on the boat and T-6 aircraft grade aluminum....

ROZ
04-12-2005, 01:05 PM
I saw that at the boat show, and it looks good, but think the boatbling cover is a little more pleasing to the eye... But that's me :)
Good Luck!

RiverDave
04-12-2005, 01:07 PM
I can understand dressing up the engine bay a little.. But I don't see how these covers can flow more air then the stock one that's slotted up the yin yang?
Our custom cowlings are patented to increase air flow through your motor and draw more heat away from the motor than standard or stock cowlings.
And are you sure "patented" is the right word to be using on that website? Typically if someone is claiming a patent, they usually have a patent # in paranthesis right behind that statement.
RD <--- noticed the lack of # anywhere on the website

F&M Custom Cowlings
04-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Yes we have seen those, they look great.
But don't you have to take the cover off everytime you need to check your fluids?

Cole Trickle
04-12-2005, 01:09 PM
I visited the booth on saturday and the peices look good.
The model in the booth looked great!!! :p

ChumpChange
04-12-2005, 01:32 PM
I can understand dressing up the engine bay a little.. But I don't see how these covers can flow more air then the stock one that's slotted up the yin yang?
And are you sure "patented" is the right word to be using on that website? Typically if someone is claiming a patent, they usually have a patent # in paranthesis right behind that statement.
RD <--- noticed the lack of # anywhere on the website
All very good questions, wonder if they'll get answered? Get a carb, don't have to worry about covers besides that of your arrestor.

F&M Custom Cowlings
04-12-2005, 01:53 PM
We appreciate all the response to our posting...
We do have a pantent pending.
To make plactic covers stronger they have to make them curved, which actually creates a blanket effect which holds heat right above the manifold. With our covers and there cut outs and not having to have the 1" lip around the outside edge, it allows more airflow across the top of the motor.

Tom Brown
04-12-2005, 01:59 PM
I could use an alien style cowl for a Merc 280.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Boat Bling, all the way. But then again, they are friends and I've got a 525 so I can't use either of the products.

Captain Dan
04-12-2005, 02:25 PM
F&M Cowlings are pretty nice - I bought one at the show and installed it last weekend. They are right - you can check the fluids without loosening the cover and they are alot cheaper than Boat Bling.
Both companies have nice products, just a matter of how much moola you are willing to part with.

mbrown2
04-12-2005, 02:25 PM
I could use an alien style cowl for a Merc 280.
LMAO....I thought this was an OB thread when I saw it... :) 1st time I ever heard the 496 cover called a cowling...

Chase
04-12-2005, 02:29 PM
How about for the Volvo Penta 5.0 vortec??