PDA

View Full Version : HERE WE GO AGAIN- drilling for Cr6

Not So Fast
04-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Seems like this stuff is everywhere, after drilling at the corner of Kiowa & 95 a couple of months ago we were told that the levels were well with in tolerable limits and not to worry :eek: Last week I noticed that a new drill site was going about 200 feet south of the same site on 95. Seems that now the powers that be fear the ground water may indeed be contaminated :rollside: And people wonder why we dont trust what we are told. NSF

OutCole'd
04-12-2005, 01:15 PM
I wonder what it would take to get the tap water at someone's place there in Havasu tested?
Any Chemist's in the house?

Havasu_Dreamin
04-12-2005, 01:33 PM
I was curious what that drilling rig on the West side of the 95 was. Incidentally, when leaving Havasu last Sunday, when driving West on the 40, you can see the drilling station up by the bridge in Topock. It's on the CA side North of the bridges.

Ziggy
04-12-2005, 01:45 PM
I glanced over an article in my local paper, I think it was last week, about a toxic dump site in Utah just a hundred feet or so from the river. Another perk pond of some sort I believe. By the looks I think it was on the shore of Powel.
Anyone know about this one?

djunkie
04-12-2005, 01:48 PM
If by some chance the water is contaminated, would a good water filtering system in a house catch it and make it drinkable?

Havasu_Dreamin
04-12-2005, 01:48 PM
All this leftover stuff from the 50's and 60's when no one knew any better now coming back to haunt everyone.

Essex502
04-13-2005, 06:18 AM
If by some chance the water is contaminated, would a good water filtering system in a house catch it and make it drinkable?
I'm not sure but See this (http://www.airwaterbestprices.com/drinkingwaterfiltersandpurifiers.html)

havaduner
04-13-2005, 06:50 AM
I glanced over an article in my local paper, I think it was last week, about a toxic dump site in Utah just a hundred feet or so from the river. Another perk pond of some sort I believe. By the looks I think it was on the shore of Powel.
That is about a bunch of tailings from a uranium mine. There is a fear that if the river in that area where to flood, the river would be contaminated. The EPA has had a budget to clean this up for years, but it was just decided to that all the rubble would be moved 150 miles to the Northeast (away from any water sources.)

Not So Fast
04-13-2005, 07:03 AM
That is about a bunch of tailings from a uranium mine. There is a fear that if the river in that area where to flood, the river would be contaminated. The EPA has had a budget to clean this up for years, but it was just decided to that all the rubble would be moved 150 miles to the Northeast (away from any water sources.)
I think that it's called Moab, Utah? how would you like to have the contract to move this stuff, I belive it's in the millions of tons and I would assume have to be moved by a Haz Mat team of Operating Engineers & Teamsters, WOW it will be HUGE :idea: NSF

OutCole'd
04-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Any updates NSF??

Sleek-Jet
04-21-2005, 02:29 PM
It's in Moab at the Potash plant. Been a hot button for years and finally qualified for Superfund money. And it's uranium tailings...
Oh yeah, and pretty much the whole North end of Lake Powell is an old Uranium mine.

Not So Fast
04-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Any updates NSF??
Yes Bill, infact I was just in touch with ADEQ about the site on 95 and what I was told was that they are now trying to determine the actual size of the plume, they know it's there and the level of contamination but not the size of the actual plume!! Sound a little familiar, this particular site was where the old McCulloch chainsaw factory ponded this crap way back when. There has been no info on treating this particular plume, I guess because they say it is within federal allowable amounts. I hope they are telling us the truth but who knows for sure huh?? NSF :idea:

Dino
04-21-2005, 02:43 PM
I would assume have to be moved by a Haz Mat team of Operating Engineers & Teamsters
Why Union??

OutCole'd
04-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Yes Bill, infact I was just in touch with ADEQ about the site on 95 and what I was told was that they are now trying to determine the actual size of the plume, they know it's there and the level of contamination but not the size of the actual plume!! Sound a little familiar, this particular site was where the old McCulloch chainsaw factory ponded this crap way back when. There has been no info on treating this particular plume, I guess because they say it is within federal allowable amounts. I hope they are telling us the truth but who knows for sure huh?? NSF :idea:
So what your basically telling me, is, you have no new info?? :D :D
Thanks for staying on top of this.
Bill

ChumpChange
04-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Why Union??
Because Union members are disposable assets.

Dino
04-21-2005, 03:47 PM
:D :D

OutCole'd
05-11-2005, 07:27 PM
No slacking Bobby, where are the updates??? :D

mtndewdrops
05-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Doesn't sound good, I would stick with drinking bottled water.

Not So Fast
05-12-2005, 07:51 AM
No slacking Bobby, where are the updates??? :D
Bill;
Sorry, didn't think anybody cared. When I did talk with ADEQ I reported it about three posts back and it hasn't changed as far as I know. The drill rig pulled up stakes and I assume they're done. Again, what I was told is contamination is with-in federal limits (???) and that the reason for drilling is to determine the size of the plume, sort of like the dealio up at Topock. In fact I think it's time to talk to them again in regards to whether or not that plume is indeed on the Arizona side as feared. I'll get back.
And to the scabs question about Moab, why not union??????? Unions are not perfect but for the working stiff it's the only protection we've got, 25 years I.U.O.E. Local 12 and proud of it, so take that! :cool: NSF

chub
05-12-2005, 08:01 AM
We Operating Engineers are trained for just these types of problems.
"disposable assets" That hurt!

OutCole'd
05-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Trust me, we care. Stay up un this, and no breaks for you. :D

Not So Fast
05-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Trust me, we care. Stay up un this, and no breaks for you. :D
Just got a return email and it's pretty much turned into government mumbo jumbo. They are conducting a 12-18 month study (really moving on this) on the hydro something or other to see what is happening under the river, I give up, no soup for you, come back in one year!! Go to www.azdeq.gov then Colorado river studies and fact sheet,there is enough info there to make your head spin. AAHHH the government. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: NSF

Freak
05-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Ever heard the term some of the high up's in the gov call us regular peeps?
<---------------Useless Eaters-------------->