PDA

View Full Version : Jetavator up!!??

FoMoCo
03-23-2001, 03:08 PM
I am by no means going to buy a Jettovator, but my friends boat all ready has one and it looks like it does not really go up that high, but it goes down really far! is there a way to modifey it to go up higher?

spectras only
03-23-2001, 04:04 PM
If you have a JG bowl, you can put a wedge ring between the bowl and nozzle assy.It's 4 degree up,or put two rings ,eqals 8 degree up.However with two rings you will have to enlarge the boltholes to mount the nozzle assy,because of the steep angle.You could also file the upper part of the nozzle stop,but don't exceed the travel too much to expose the White Plastic "O" ring, or blowby will result.Good luck

ULTRA28
03-23-2001, 04:18 PM
depends on what brand it has. Most diverters can have the top edge of the nozzle shaved about one-half inch to give a higher roost. You must not cut it too close to the nozzle seal or it will hang up when it goes to the all the way down position. You must also adjust the heim joint to give it more throw.

ULTRA28
03-23-2001, 04:21 PM
The safest way to go without much effort is the wedge that spectra is talking about. You can also get a roost boost from Place Diverter.

Squirtcha?
03-25-2001, 02:28 PM
These guys are all right on the money FoMoCo. I have a jetovator on ol Squirtcha? I've modified the stop and linkage and added a 4 degree wedge and it'll throw a rooster as high as PowerTrip can with his Place Diverter and 4 degree wedge. If you like to ski and wakeboard don't go more than the 4 degrees though. You'll sacrafice all the down trim which is useful when getting on plane.
http://www.homestead.com/jetboat/files/dan7.jpg