PDA

View Full Version : speed o motive experiences

lucky
04-12-2005, 01:52 PM
hey everyone tell me about your experiences , good or bad I would like to know ! :idea:

cdog
04-12-2005, 02:48 PM
hey everyone tell me about your experiences , good or bad I would like to know ! :idea:
Meaning the engine shop in west covina?

Heatseeker
04-12-2005, 02:59 PM
I found Speedomotive on the internet when I was planning my build.
I turned my cuz's son onto them. He ran down there and bought a complete 900hp 13.5:1 540 chevy for $14K. It blew up first time out in his hydro. Speedomotive tried to tell him it was an installation problem!!! When the motor was torn down, we found that the rear main bearing oiling hole didn't line up to the oiling hole on the block! It wiped out the "their brand" el cheapo chinese crank! He called speedomotive again and was given some song and dance. They wouldn't warranty a thing. Not even a set of gaskets!!!
It cost the kid $3500 to put humpty back together again!!! Next time out, a piston hit a valve!
There were a few others on the HB board with very similar experiences! Their house brand cranks and rods are all chinese forgings.
I don't know how their customer service was in the old days, but it sucks now!
I wouldn't send them a dime of my money!

Squirtin Thunder
04-12-2005, 06:11 PM
I found Speedomotive on the internet when I was planning my build.
I turned my cuz's son onto them. He ran down there and bought a complete 900hp 13.5:1 540 chevy for $14K. It blew up first time out in his hydro. Speedomotive tried to tell him it was an installation problem!!! When the motor was torn down, we found that the rear main bearing oiling hole didn't line up to the oiling hole on the block! It wiped out the "their brand" el cheapo chinese crank! He called speedomotive again and was given some song and dance. They wouldn't warranty a thing. Not even a set of gaskets!!!
It cost the kid $3500 to put humpty back together again!!! Next time out, a piston hit a valve!
There were a few others on the HB board with very similar experiences! Their house brand cranks and rods are all chinese forgings.
I don't know how their customer service was in the old days, but it sucks now!
I wouldn't send them a dime of my money!
The cranks that are forged and machined in China seem to be the big problem at alot of the shops that sell the stroker kits. Now the cranks that are forged in China and Machined here seem to be much better. One thing is that everything needs to be checked not just bolted up and run !!! We work way too hard for what we have to just take there word for it.
Jim

DEEZ NUTTS
04-12-2005, 06:13 PM
My nieghbor put a "built" Seed O Motive 350 in a sand rail for a customer of his and rebuilt it after the first run. It was full of crappy parts too. Not what was advertised.

Floored
04-12-2005, 07:23 PM
from the early 70's to late 90's I bought lots and lots of parts from them when Rich ran the place in South Gate and in Santa Fe Springs and never had a problem. They were great to deal with. Has ownership changed?

GofastRacer
04-12-2005, 07:34 PM
from the early 70's to late 90's I bought lots and lots of parts from them when Rich ran the place in South Gate and in Santa Fe Springs and never had a problem. They were great to deal with. Has ownership changed?
I used to buy all my parts from them, Rich had the best deals back then!. New people have it now and haven't dealt with them sinse I moved away!..

GofastRacer
04-12-2005, 07:35 PM
I've heard a lot of bad stuff about them too but I look at the cost of those motors, seems pretty cheap and you can see why!.. I would NEVER buy a motor and just run it, don't give a shit who built it(even the best makes mistakes, we're human)first thing is to strip it down and check EVERYTHING and MEASURE it all up to see if it even fits you're application!..

Carnivalride
04-13-2005, 04:11 AM
My neighbor bought several parts from them and I question if they're what was advertised.
1) He bought a set of eagle H-beam rods, funny they're not marked eagle and they don't have the ridge in the center of the H section. They are also heavier than my eagle 6.385 H-beams and his are only 6.135 long. The big ends of his rods also varied .0017" in dia from the two worst rods. Something just doesn't seem right here. :confused: :confused: :frown:
2) His eagle crank, not up on this but it weighs 6lbs more than my GM 5140 casting number 7416. The machinist told him it was not an eagle. :confused: :confused: :frown:
I personally didn't buy from them, I just don't feel he got what he paid for or what was advertised. It said Eagle not Eagle quality or similar to Eagle.
Just my .02
Loren

lucky
04-13-2005, 05:37 AM
keep em comming i would like to hear more :D

lucky
04-13-2005, 12:42 PM
I used to buy all my parts from them, Rich had the best deals back then!. New people have it now and haven't dealt with them sinse I moved away!..
he still ownes it

lucky
04-22-2005, 04:03 PM
OK - I HAD ALWAYS HEARD PRETTY DECENT THINGS ABOUT SPEEDOMOTIVE - I HAVE RECOMENDED PEOPLE TO THEM AND THEY HAVE BOUGHT MOTOR'S FROM THEM - BEEN DECENTLY HAPPY - WITH MINOR COMPLAINTS THAT COULD BE ATTRIBUTED TO A TUNE UP ( KEEP FOWLING PLUGS ) - AND THE OTHER PERSON BROKE A ROCKER ARM ( HP MOTORS DO THAT ) -- WELL I RECOMENDED A 415 CI 500 HP MOTOR THAT THEY HAD ON THE FLOOR TO HIM AND RE ASSURED HIM THEY ARE A DECENT COMPANY , FROM MY PAST EXPERENCES AND THEY WOULD TAKE CARE OF HIM AS THEY ARE LOCAL FOR HIM ( CUSTOMER SERVICE ) SOOOOOOOOOO WE HAVE AN OUTSIDE SHOP PUT THE COMPLETE DYNO TESTED MOTOR IN THE CAR - AND FIRE IT UP -- THE 146 DOLLAR ( EXTRA ) VALVE COVERS DID NOT WORK WITH THE ROCKERS ( DYNO ??? ) WHEN WE BOUGHT THIS MOTOR WE WHERE CONCERNED ABOUT THE HEIGHT OF THE INTAKE - AND WHERE REASSURED THAT IT WOULD WORK WITH OUR APPLICATION 73 Z28 CAMERO BOTH MY SELF AND MY BOSS DID NOT THINK SO - BUT APON THEIR CONVINCING US IT WOULD ---- IT DID'NT SO WE HAVE TO PAY THE SHOP TO PULL INTAKE OFF AND RUN FROM CHINO - TO WEST COVENIA ( NOW I'M IN NOR CAL TRYING TO LOOK OUT FOR MY BOSS ) THEY MADE IT GOOD AND SWITCHED OUT INTAKE ( PAY THE SHOP TO SET IT BACK UP - OHH WE LOST OUR OPTIMUM DYNO TUNE :) WITH SET UP OF DIFFERENT INTAKE ) SO WE FIRE CAR UP AND HAS A VIBERATION - ( FLY WHEEL ) CAUSE WE WHERE TOLD IT WOULD BE BALANCED TO A 350 SPEC AND THE FLYWHEEL WOULD WORK BY OUR LOVELY SALESMEN JORDEN THE MECHENIC DIDN'T QUESTION IT - AND HE ADMITED HE SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE BALANCE CARD - SO OFF WITH THE FLYWHEEL - AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD BALANCE IT AFTER JORDEN GOT VERY DEFENSIVE WITH ME - AND I HAD TO SET HIM STRAIGHT SO THIS WAS WEN - OF LAST WEEK I CALLED THURSDAY TO SEE IF MECHANIC DROPPED OFF THE FLYWHEEL - AND CHECK TO SEE IF IT WOULD BE DONE - MECHANIC GOT IT OVER TO THEM FRI -- TELL JORDEN i APLOGIZE , AS I'M TRYING TO KEEP A GOOD WORKING RELATION SHIP WITH HIM - HE STATED -HE WILL TRY TO HAVE IT DONE BY MONDAY -- MONDAY (4/18/05) WELL 153 TOOTH FLYWHEEL IS TO LIGHT , HAVE TO BY WEIGHT PLATE ? WHAT EVER HAPPEND TO HEAVY METAL ) SOOO I WAS TOLD IT ARRIVED TUESDAY AND IT WOULD BE DONE BY THERE OFF SITE FACILITY IN DOWNEY AND I WOULD HAVE IT WEN- LATEST THURS MORNING - THURS MORNING BALANCER STILL NOT DONE - THUR AFTERNOON NOT DONE , JORDEN PROMISED ME HE WOULD HAVE IT FRI MORNING -- I CALL FRI AFTERNOON DUE TO my business VOLUME THINKING IT WOULD BE DONE -- NOPE JORDEN SAID HE HAS THE BALANCER IN HIS HANDS BUT THEY LEFT THE PLATE AT THE DOWNEY LOCATION - THEN STARTED GIVING ME "RUN AROUND " AND I FLAT OUT ASKED WHAT HE COULD DO TO FIX IT -- HE SAID MONDAY :( i SAID OK - WILL YA CALL MY BOSS - AND HE BECAME VERY UNPROFESSIONAL ( I JUST WANTED HIM TO FEEL MY PRESURE AS ITS MY BOSSES CAR AND HE KEEPS LETTING ME DOWN - HE CUSSED MY OUT ABOUT WAISTING HIS TIME AND HUNG UP -- WELL I CALL BACK UP AND ASK FOR RICH ( THE OWNER ) GET INTERCEPTED BY - YOU KNOW WHO JORDEN AND I SAID DONT WANT TO TALK TO YOU - ( HE KEPT TRYING TO ANTAGONIZE ME ) BUT I LEARNED ALONG TIME AGO WHEN YOUR 700 MILES AWAY ON THE PHONE WITH AN IDIOT NOTHING GETS SOVED - SO i LET HIM HIM KNOW I WAS GOING TO RELAY MY DISMAY WITH THE COMPANY AND SHOW SPEEDOMOTIVE - SOME GENERAL PERCEPTIONS OF HIS COMPANY VIA DIFFERNT FORMUMS - SO JORDEN SAYS ARE YOU THREATING ME :idea: I SAID NO - JUST TELLING IT LIKE IT IS - I DO NOT WANT TO TALK TO YOU - WELL AFTER HEARING ABOUT MY LITTLE DICK AND MY WIFE AND BLA BLA BLA - FROM THIS JACK OFF - I JUST HUNG UP - -- SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT HOW I WAS TREATED - I UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEMS ASSCIATED WITH ENGINE'S BUT WHEN YOU PAY 7000. PLUS FOR AN ENGINE YOU EXPECT TO GET SOME RESPECT DON'T YA ??? SO HIS ASS WILL BE MINE AT SOME POINT - ;) OHH BY THE WAY HE LET ME KNOW HE'S A 6 FOOT TALL MEXICAN -- GREAT - ANOTHER CHINEESE MADE MEXIAN AMERICAN MOTER TO BITE ME IN MY 6 FOOT TALL 250 LB ITIALIAN / IRISH ASS :supp: I WOULD NEVER RECOMEND THIS SALES PERSON TO ANYONE - AND I DO NOT BELIEVE I SHALL EVER PROMOTE SPEED O MOTIVE - - CAUSE THEY ARE :messedup:

cdog
04-22-2005, 04:20 PM
I told you about these jackoffs in my PM. After my engine gets finished by Fonse performance and back in the boat. Som will be hearing from me with legal action because of their shit job and misrepresentation. I do have recipts that prove that they lied on the build sheet and lied on the compression and even gave me a bullshit dyno sheet. These guy's are fuct and i'm gonna nail thier azz'z.

lucky
04-25-2005, 05:41 AM
I told you about these jackoffs in my PM. After my engine gets finished by Fonse performance and back in the boat. Som will be hearing from me with legal action because of their shit job and misrepresentation. I do have recipts that prove that they lied on the build sheet and lied on the compression and even gave me a bullshit dyno sheet. These guy's are fuct and i'm gonna nail thier azz'z.
When i got your e mail - motor was in the car - that's why i started this tread -- go ahead , rub it in :cry: lol

Kindsvater Flat
04-25-2005, 06:12 AM
Man and I thought Dyno-Flo was bad just for a wrong set of head gaskets.

Norseman
04-25-2005, 03:05 PM
I am glad you started this thread, as I was going to order some parts for the SBC engine I'm putting into the Rayson from these guys. :supp:
I guess I better find someplace else to spend my money. :mix:
Bob

cdog
04-25-2005, 06:54 PM
I am glad you started this thread, as I was going to order some parts for the SBC engine I'm putting into the Rayson from these guys. :supp:
I guess I better find someplace else to spend my money. :mix:
Bob
Talk to Al Sr. at Fonse Performance in New Jersey. Here's a link www.fonseperformance.com Al's a straight up guy who will set you up with the right parts for a good price. Tell him Corey sent ya.

Norseman
04-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Talk to Al Sr. at Fonse Performance in New Jersey. Here's a link www.fonseperformance.com Al's a straight up guy who will set you up with the right parts for a good price. Tell him Corey sent ya.
Corey;
Thanks!!!!
I'll give him a call!!!! :D
Bob

lucky
04-28-2005, 10:15 AM
THANK YOU GEORGE For stepping up to the plate - SPEED O MOTIVE - HAS CALLLED UP MY BOSS and squared up the deal - THank you - thats all we ever wanted - hats off GEORGE :D

obnoxious001
04-28-2005, 10:37 AM
That being said, I have always had good experiences with Speedomotive. I use their machine shop and dyno. George and I have a great working relationship, and I actually brought this thread to his attention by phone. I personally think a direct call to him would have brought the same results. They have always been 100% straight with me about Eagle or non-Eagle Chinese stuff, and much of their Chinese stuff (IE rods)is double checked before it is sold. Of course, they sell the good stuff as well, I buy my Dart blocks there.

lucky
05-02-2005, 10:21 AM
That being said, I have always had good experiences with Speedomotive. I use their machine shop and dyno. George and I have a great working relationship, and I actually brought this thread to his attention by phone. I personally think a direct call to him would have brought the same results. They have always been 100% straight with me about Eagle or non-Eagle Chinese stuff, and much of their Chinese stuff (IE rods)is double checked before it is sold. Of course, they sell the good stuff as well, I buy my Dart blocks there.
well Thank you for doing so - I appreciate it - :D hats off to you ;)