PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Lake V-drive Regatta 6/10-6/11/06

dave n
04-25-2006, 02:17 PM
The event shirts with the boat/drivers name are due to the screen printer by week of May 8th. If you would like to have your name on our event shirt please be sure to register by this date. We dont want anyone to miss out. Our insurance has forced us to limit this years event to 50 boats. We expect this event to sell out soon. Don't hesitate. We will also have camping spaces available again for any families who would like to camp on Friday and Saturday of the event. Contact 714-649-9113 ask for Corinne
Hope to see you there.
Dave

dmontzsta
04-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Nice, I am there.

Wildchild80
04-25-2006, 09:50 PM
we will be there we don't want to miss any of these events

lilrick
04-26-2006, 07:42 AM
I'd love to bring my lil flatty!!!

the real k-boat king
04-26-2006, 10:47 AM
we will be there, maybe with a new boat?

dossangers
04-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Im in also

Sangerboy
04-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Unfortunately I'm out, daughter #2 graduates from high school that weekend.

dmontzsta
05-06-2006, 08:37 PM
2 d top

flattie440
05-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Is that the same weekend as chowchilla??

TRG
05-07-2006, 06:36 AM
Unfortunatly, i will not be there, would rather go to the river where my boat is accepted along with everyone else!........listen, you can almost hear the violins! lol
Hope you all have a blast and are safe!
Todd

Sanger D
05-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I would like to make it, with my new BEISEMEYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, my new narrow beisemeyer, yep ,thats right, you herd me!!!!!!! :) got a boat commin from Illinoise on the 17th.I cant sleep a frickin wink!!!!!!boat was built by Julian himself for a guy named Bob Ginkle(I think ) . it says "Ginkle"inside on the transom. A very nice man named truitt sold me the boat and gave some history on it,and I've been pacing my garage ever since!!!!! can't wait :220v: :220v: :220 ............BEISEMEYERED!!!!!!!

Hallett
05-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Way to go Darin sounds like your finally getting what you have
been looking for congrats on your new ride. what are you doing
for a motor does it come complete. would like to see it when
you get some pic's. i hope you can keep the blazer to pull it
with.

dmontzsta
05-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Congrats Sanger D!

franky
05-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Bob (Hallet), let's caravan to Irvine for this thing. What say yee?

rrrr
05-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Nice, I am there.
Taking your inflatable raft? :crossx: :D

dmontzsta
05-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Taking your inflatable raft? :crossx: :D
I was thinking of tossing your fat ass in there.
:crossx:

steve d
05-07-2006, 04:08 PM
That was quick.........Steve
I would like to make it, with my new BEISEMEYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, my new narrow beisemeyer, yep ,thats right, you herd me!!!!!!! :) got a boat commin from Illinoise on the 17th.I cant sleep a frickin wink!!!!!!boat was built by Julian himself for a guy named Bob Ginkle(I think ) . it says "Ginkle"inside on the transom. A very nice man named truitt sold me the boat and gave some history on it,and I've been pacing my garage ever since!!!!! can't wait :220v: :220v: :220 ............BEISEMEYERED!!!!!!!

Hallett
05-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Bob (Hallet), let's caravan to Irvine for this thing. What say yee? Sounds like a plan Franky if i can get the weekend off. i am
scheduled to work those days but should be able to get it off
i will check monday.

Sanger D
05-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Thank ya, thank ya!!!!yes Bob it comes with a454 and is all there, just like it was origenaly,its in bitchin condition ,super clean trailer,all the stuff is there. Its like the 57 chevy conv. in the barn kinda find, I'm SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!and the guy I got it from is a super kind of individual.The floor and stringers are so sweet ,you gotta see it to beleieve it.I will be posting pics. a soon as I can. The blazer is still going though :cry: .I've got to get Nicole a NEW car ,the new boat is worth it!!!!!!!!!So ,thanks to a guy named long beach steve,he's the one who told me about this Truitt gentleman,and thats where it all started.Its kinda mixed emotions though cause today I found out my good friend Jay was killed in his hydro yesturday,(he's the one I bought my Sanger from)so it was the best news to hear and then the WORST news I could of heard also,GOD does work in some weird ways HUH!..................well what do ya think?.......Beisemeyer D? does'nt quite have the same ring,but hey, It also aint no Sanger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BA Kurtis
05-08-2006, 03:45 AM
Congrat's D sounds like a sweet ride, will we be seein it at Al's on Fathers day?? Hope so, Beizer D has a good ring to it :rollside: :rollside:, we will be praying for the Wallace family and freinds.

franky
05-08-2006, 06:22 AM
Sounds like a plan Franky if i can get the weekend off. i am
scheduled to work those days but should be able to get it off
i will check monday.
DONE...should have the new motor just broken in by then. :) :) :)

63stevens
05-08-2006, 08:22 AM
My brother and I will be there.

franky
05-10-2006, 08:02 PM
So I have left a voice mail message for Corrine the last three days regarding the event. No response :220v:

Hallett
05-10-2006, 08:13 PM
So I have left a voice mail message for Corrine the last three days regarding the event. No response :220v:Franky
i did the same he called me tonight will call him back in the am.

Nailhead
05-10-2006, 08:16 PM
So I have left a voice mail message for Corrine the last three days regarding the event. No response :220v:
I was told she was out of the office. A guy from the office called me back today. Try them again, there is still spaces available. They will send you some forms to fill out.

olbiezer
05-10-2006, 08:33 PM
hey sanger d......truitt has been around v drive biesemeyers and biezers for ever and has built so many quility boats for guys in calif its not funny.....he can tell u the history of prob half the biezers still running and prob rigged the other half........your new boat will be so well done u could race it tomorrow if so inclined.......lol i just wish i could afford him to do me a boat ......good luck guy

dimarcobros
05-12-2006, 07:37 AM
We have a 77 DiMarco VDrive that is for sale, in the spam forum :) , would it be a good idea to take it to the Regatta to sell it? It's in Havasu so it would be a bit of a pain to tow it back on a chance. What do you think?
Thanks,
DMB

dmontzsta
06-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Its going to be good. :)

River Diva
06-11-2006, 01:23 AM
I never heard back today from Irvine lake.. The boat is done (after 4 years) so Myself my g/f and BB572 are going to head up in about 3 hours (5:30) in the morning and just hope we can get in. :)
RD

Hallett
06-11-2006, 02:43 AM
Have a safe trip and a great weekend to all that got
to go i was planning on going but had to work three
night's. talk about having fun :crossx:

superdave013
06-11-2006, 03:38 AM
I never heard back today from Irvine lake.. The boat is done (after 4 years) so Myself my g/f and BB572 are going to head up in about 3 hours (5:30) in the morning and just hope we can get in. :)
RD
it's hard to aswer the phone from the middle of the lake. It's shut down for a special v drive ONLY event and where they are at is not even close to a phone. It's been sold out for months so you prolly would get turned away if you showed up with a v drive.
save some grief and go to smellsomemore.
on my way to Long Beach and wishing I was going to Irvine Lake instead.

steveo143
06-11-2006, 04:04 AM
No one was checking anything Sat. Boats wer launching from three different areas. Go past the main entrance and turn left at first chance and go to notheast part of lake. SS-80 and K-8 made many passes testing many props. Sweet. THANKS Dave n for putting on these events.

Moneypitt
06-11-2006, 08:30 AM
No one was checking anything Sat. Boats wer launching from three different areas. Go past the main entrance and turn left at first chance and go to notheast part of lake. SS-80 and K-8 made many passes testing many props. Sweet. THANKS Dave n for putting on these events.
Yeah, Rankin Racing was there testing props. I overheard something about wanting to really run away from Tony, instead of just beating him when round #2 of the SS vs K deal runs. From what I saw, that 80 is gonna be tough to beat even on an official length course......Alot of really nice boats were there, but the true stand out IMO, was the nailhead "backwards" blown Buick. What a piece of enginnering. .......Ray

steveo143
06-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah, that nailhead is a work of art and it really ran good too!

63stevens
06-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Moneypitt and Steveo. Thanks for the kind words. Yesterday was lots of fun. It sure would be nice to be able to get together more often. See all of you next time!

RUSHIN ROULETTE
06-11-2006, 06:27 PM
When is the next event?

Wildchild80
06-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the compliment Ray, We had a blast a whole weekend of testing new ideas and having a blast doing it. Thanks again Dave N for the invite. See you at the next event

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-12-2006, 08:11 AM
They were limited to 50 boats.. I showed up around 7:30 in the morning on Sunday and told her I'd like to attend the "V-Drive Only" event.. She had a stack of wrist bands shirts, etc.. gave her 100 bucks and off I went. I just more or less wanted the boat to be there so a few could see it before it went off to the midwest and wasn't really planning on launching it. Apparently though (atleast it looked like to me) everyone was partying pretty hard the night before, becuase sunday morning was a ghost town. Lots of boats, lots of motorhomes and about 10 people.. So I put it in the water and ran it around for awhile with a tester prop. Pulled it back out and left it on the trailer for a few hours when everyone started to wake up. I asked a few people (just to make sure) if anyone cared if I put it back in later in the afternoon during another "dead" time period and everyone that I asked said "hell yes put it back in.. you paid 100 bucks right?" So I ran a couple more laps then took it home. Boat ran pretty good all n all needs some dial in with props, and maybe a whale tail to help it get on plane (don't know yet testing with props needs to be done 1st) so I'm pretty happy. I'm not sure why, but everytime I was going to the launch ramp Rankin's boat went back on the trailer.. I think they were scared. ;) :D
Incidentally 38 - 40 mph in choppy water with the wrong prop. Not GPS verified, just the speedo in the boat. Can only get 3000 - 3200 RPM's with the props I tried.. need to go to a smaller pitch, I'm expecting 45 - 47 mph with a light driver.
Myself and G/F Had a blast at the V-Drive event!! Lots of pretty cool hardware out there, and even met a few that make there own parts, and pull their own handles. Hopefully I'll be able to return at some point in near the future with a v-drive of my own.
RD
RD,
I played back your close call... you launched pretty good off that roller! Lol :cool: Too bad you sold it, looked like you were having a good time in that thing.