PDA

View Full Version : *Team Fight for Faith*

rvrtoy
04-13-2005, 12:02 PM
***boat.....would you please make this a sticky!!
It is time once again for our CF fund raiser. I hope all of you who donated last year will donate again, and I hope those of you who did not will be compelled to donate this year.
Thanks again.
The rvroty family!!
April 13, 2005
Dear Friends & Family~
Well, can you believe that it’s been a year already since we started our 1st fundraising effort for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Last year most of you helped us reach an AMAZING goal, which we actually exceeded. We set a goal to raise $5,000 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and ended up raising over $25,000! We are truly indebted to you all for helping us accomplish that. This year we have increased our goal to $30,000, but we need your help to see it though.
As most of you know by now, our daughter Faith Nicole, was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis (CF) on December 3, 2003-at just 3 weeks old. Since that day our family has slowly and carefully adjusted to living with this disease. Living with a chronic illness is harder than we could have ever imagined, but with the grace of God we get through it day by day with an amazing joy in our hearts.
For those of you who don’t know what CF is, it is a life shortening genetic disease that effects about 30,000 adults and children in the U.S. There are about 2,500 babies born every year with CF. The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) is the leading organization in research for CF, and the search for a cure. Faith is currently going to one of their CF clinics at Children’s Hospital that is funded by the CFF. They have helped make living life easier and better for people with CF. Every year researchers come closer and closer to finding a cure for CF. Already amazing progress has been made in developing new medicines, better antibiotics, and alternative treatments. Within the last 30 years, the average life expectancy doubled, and today it is around 32 years old. This is all wonderful news, however, it is just not good enough for me.
I want a cure found!
There is SO much more work and research that needs to be done. That is why we are asking you to sponsor us once again in the Great Strides Walk-a-thon. Ninety-four cents of every dollar raised goes directly to medical research. Any amount is appreciated and every dollar donated brings Faith one step closer to being cured.
If you are able to help, please make your tax deductible donation out to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and mail it to 9850 Settle Ct. Santee, CA 92071 on or before May 15th. This year the walk will be on May 21st at De Anza Cove. If you would be interested in joining us in walking you can email Steve at stevek@ultraboats.com.
Faith has had a wonderful, amazing, blessed 1st year of her life. We are believing God for many years that are just as rewarding and blessed as the last one has been. She has made Great Strides herself in her weight gain and overall health. She has always had perfectly clear lungs and has been the picture of health for most of the year. We know with your help and prayers that the next year will be just as blessed for her and our family.
ThankYou from the bottom of our hearts.
Steve, Anja, Devan, Cameron, Nathan, and Faith Khoma
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Fight For Faith~Anja Khoma
First Name_______________________________ Last Name______________________________________
Business Name______________________________________________ _______________________________
Mailing Address___________________________________________ _________________________________
City____________________________________________St ate_______________Zip__________________
Phone Number__________________________________Email_____ _______________________________
Amount Of Donation $__________________
Method Of Payment
___PERSONAL CHECK
Please make checks payable to The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
___CREDIT CARD
Choose One: ____Visa _____MasterCard _____American Express _____Discover
Account No.__________________________________________Expir ation Date__________________
Signature_________________________________________ ___________________
Thank you for sponsoring our TEAM CF Great Strides participant. Please make sure that you read over this pledge form carefully, and fill out completely and legibly in order to prevent processing delays. Pledges are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Mail donations to: Steve Khoma C/O Fight for Faith
9850 Settle Ct. Santee, CA 92071
Thank You for your support.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-13-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm in again !!!!!
C'mon guy's.....
Later,
CJG
:)

Silver
04-14-2005, 12:49 AM
let me see what I can pull..............
come on all of you with your big expensive boats/ toys and mult. houses.....
condsider yourselfs lucky!
How about health?...................... How about kids health?
Count your blessings...................it could be you!
Keep up the good work Faith! Your in my thoughts and prayers......
Bless the whole family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rvrtoy
04-14-2005, 08:20 AM
Thank guys!! Your generosity is appreciated. Every $ counts!!
Check out Faiths web site www.babiesonline.com/babies/f/faithnicole

RiverDave
04-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Bump.
RD

rvrtoy
04-14-2005, 01:57 PM
:d

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Steve,
It's going out in the mail today.....
It's from both me and "Midlife Advantage"......
Keep the faith.....
Later,
CJG
:rollside:

rvrtoy
04-15-2005, 08:33 AM
Thank you for your donations. Every who suffers from CF and thier families thank you!!!

Miss BK
04-15-2005, 09:55 AM
This has been our #1 charity in our family for many years. I had both an older sister and brother with this terrible disease. I'll be sending in another pledge to CF and will be praying for your sweet little Faith!
One thing my brother did when he grew up with CF -- he ignored those "life expectancy" reports. At the time (1970s), he wasn't supposed to live past 18. But he did.....and went way beyond...
He had great determination, and blew all the docs away by his "hobbies" that they told him he could never do. Like, as a teen, he worked summers in Colorado as a log-jam clearing diver for white water rafting trips!
But his favorite thing was racing outboard hydros! I'll try posting a pic of him taking second place at a Needles race in 1977. (Drats - I keep getting an error message. I'll try later :( )
When he was 24 he got married and they began to raise a foster daughter a few years after that. So now he was a husband and father and worked full time in a parts warehouse - all things he was "never" supposed to accomplish.
He continued to work until he was 30 and had a GREAT boss who paid his sick leave even when he had none left - even let him go part time *with* medical insurance when he started getting too weak to work full time. He died at age 32, but at that time, he said he had accomplished everything he ever wanted and had really lived life to the fullest. He was satisfied.
Since we had an (much) older sister with CF who died in the 1960s (age 20), we all knew what was to come. My brother was 11 when he found out - and that's when he went all out and lived each and every moment. Not too many people do that - and have tremendous regrets when they discover they are too old.
My brother Mike knew how precious life was and set out to enjoy it to the fullest from early on. He revelled in all the adventure he could find in just his short 32 years, and thus experienced more adventure than most people do in an entire lifetime.
His motto was: " Follow your dreams ".
And boy did he!
I'll bet Faith will have just as much spunk and will find a way to do anything she wants, just like Mike did. ;) Hang in there little angel! There have been so many more advances to treat CF in the past 20 years. I'll bet you will do some amazing things during your life too! I'll be rooting for you!

rvrtoy
04-15-2005, 12:38 PM
WOW..Thank you for sharing your brothers inspiring story. I know with todays advances Faith will live a long and fruitful life. After Faith was diagnosed with CF my wife and I decided that she needed to stay home and raise her and her brothers full time. Her special needs have become almost second nature in her care and she has been very healthy for the most part of last year. Thanks to the advances due to research and awareness I do expect her to live a long FULL life. I also expect a few bumps in the road but such is life.
rvrtoy

rvrtoy
04-16-2005, 11:59 AM
:) BUMP :)

rvrtoy
04-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Steve,
It's going out in the mail today.....
It's from both me and "Midlife Advantage"......
Keep the faith.....
Later,
CJG
:rollside:
Thank you for the VERY generous donation once again this year. It came in todays mail.

rvrtoy
04-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Bump

rvrtoy
04-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Lets go folks....Step it up. I know all of us can use as many tax deductible donations as we can get. This is a noble cause to support. :D :D
Thanks again to all of you who have already donated. You are all blessings and you are doing a wonderful thing.
Steve

Sleek-Jet
04-21-2005, 09:47 AM
So where the hell was this thread hidding???? :confused:
Check will be in the mail this afternoon.

rvrtoy
04-21-2005, 10:50 AM
I knew we could count on you!! :D
I asked ***boat to make it a sticky but have gotten no answere. :rolleyes:

rvrtoy
04-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Bump :d

rvrtoy
04-30-2005, 12:09 PM
So where the hell was this thread hidding???? :confused:
Check will be in the mail this afternoon.
We got your genorous donation in the mail Thursday. Thank you VERY much for your support.