PDA

View Full Version : Nor Cal Boating??

n8dawg
04-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Looks like I will be in Shasta City working on the I-5 for 2-3 weeks starting May 10th. I wanted to take the chance to scout for possible boating locations for future trips. I've been to Trinity but that was way to long ago and all i REMEMBER WAS that the water was really warm. I know Shasta but never been on it. I guess I really want to know where all the hot spots are? What about Red Bluff ? We're more river people than lake people since we do alot of boating at the Colorado River. But any suggestions would be great.
Thanks in advance!
Nate

Cas
04-25-2006, 03:28 PM
I think if you boat Shasta you will most definitely become lake people, at least Shasta Lake people :)
Trinity
Shasta
Oroville
and here's a Whiskeytown Lake cam (http://www.whiskeytowncam.com/)
I've never boated the Sac river up there but have seen quite a few boats on it.

NorCalCat
04-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Shasta all the way!
If you are up there June 16 check it out:
http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104798&highlight=cat+attack

n8dawg
04-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks!
Is anybody going to be there around that time? Maybe I could hitch a ride and check it out!

MOBrien
04-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Uhhhhhh. If you're there the weekend of June 16-18 I don't think you'd have trouble hitching a ride with someone. There's gonna be a few HBforum regulars around from what I heard. :rolleyes: :D

abraman1326
04-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Uhhhhhh. If you're there the weekend of June 16-18 I don't think you'd have trouble hitching a ride with someone. There's gonna be a few HBforum regulars around from what I heard. :rolleyes: :D
Maybe 1, 2 or 30...
BRA

Cas
04-27-2006, 10:05 AM
or, a bunch more of us will be at Shasta from about 6/22 to 6/27, pretty much all jets. If I was you, I'd take some vacation time from 6/15 to 6/28 so you guys could spend a couple of weeks there. If it's any consulation, you'd have a little quite time 6/19 to 6/22 :D

deltarat
04-27-2006, 10:35 AM
or, a bunch more of us will be at Shasta from about 6/22 to 6/27, pretty much all jets. If I was you, I'd take some vacation time from 6/15 to 6/28 so you guys could spend a couple of weeks there. If it's any consulation, you'd have a little quite time 6/19 to 6/22 :D
I doubt that, our sound travels a lot faster than your will :p

boatinj
04-27-2006, 02:04 PM
A group of us are going Thurs. through Monday of Memorial weekend up the Pitt arm of Shasta. Several jets and I'll have my v-drive. Should be a good time but I'm not sure of the turnout considering the IHBA Nitro Nationals are the same weekend in Red Bluff.

teamaquaholicks
04-27-2006, 04:02 PM
naci hands down is the place to go.
nacimientoresort.com
check it out you won't be sorry. little south cal though by san luis obispo hwy 101.

acatitude
04-27-2006, 05:11 PM
trust me one thing naci pales in comparison to shasta youve got the best water in norcal right there. get a map and go up the arms its really tpretty and should be nice and full now maybe a little cold yet. there are also some good restaurants and marinas to stop at. you will love shasta

n8dawg
04-27-2006, 06:40 PM
nacimientoresort.com
check it out you won't be sorry. little south cal though by san luis obispo hwy 101.
Okay, one more time for the new readers! I'm going to be working in the SHASTA area and was wandering if anybody could recomend some hot spots in the area!
We can go to Naci any weekend we want for its only a 2.5 hr drive!
Hope I didn't sound to bitter but "NACI" c-mon thats a little far from shasta! Oh well.
Cas- thanks for the tip!

acatitude
04-27-2006, 06:49 PM
n8, like I said shasta is awesome. we make the 3 hr pull for that great lake. there is also lake oroville north of sac and berryessa over towras napa both within 3 hrs from shasta city, but I wouldnt go any farther then shasta lol. I grew up drivinh from LA to havisu every weekend so i undestand the river in ya..... trust me you will love shasta once you go out on it. if you want to come back down to sac we go out on the delta a lot.
May 19-20-21 lots of norcal ***boats at berryessa
June 16-17-18 cat attack at shasta.
any weekend there are lots of people going out on delta, just check the threads and hollor that youd like to come along. we will get ya directions and enjoy havin ya

n8dawg
04-28-2006, 03:43 PM
n8, like I said shasta is awesome. we make the 3 hr pull for that great lake. there is also lake oroville north of sac and berryessa over towras napa both within 3 hrs from shasta city, but I wouldnt go any farther then shasta lol. I grew up drivinh from LA to havisu every weekend so i undestand the river in ya..... trust me you will love shasta once you go out on it. if you want to come back down to sac we go out on the delta a lot.
May 19-20-21 lots of norcal ***boats at berryessa
June 16-17-18 cat attack at shasta.
any weekend there are lots of people going out on delta, just check the threads and hollor that youd like to come along. we will get ya directions and enjoy havin ya
Thank You Very Much for the invite!! I'll keep that in mind.
Nate

MOBrien
04-28-2006, 04:18 PM
nacimientoresort.com
Naci is the place to go????????? You must be joking. Oh wait, maybe you don't drive your boat and just like to go park and float.....which is fine. But that is not a fun "boating" lake. Stupid directional rules with those dumb bouys all over the place.
my $.02.

randy77zt
04-28-2006, 05:39 PM
i test drove the first boat i bought at naci.i wouldnt go back but i guess if thats your local lake you are stuck with it.i like the delta .i like the delta better than havasu.it seemed like every time i got the boat at 75+ at naci i had to slow down.

Rocket-J
04-28-2006, 07:22 PM
I love rivers too, but our lakes in NorCal have arms that are many miles long. When they built the dams, the creeks that came down the mountains became waterways. I hope you carry a good load of fuel, because you will need it to see all of Shasta. I doubt that you can do it in one day. But it is fun to try.
I recommend Antlers Resort at the north end of Shasta, right off I-5. They know how to treat their customers. I also love Trinity, but it is a long hard pull unless you are already near there. I wouldn't call the water "warm" but that is all relative.
Have fun. Al

NorCalCat
04-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Naci is the place to go????????? You must be joking. Oh wait, maybe you don't drive your boat and just like to go park and float.....which is fine. But that is not a fun "boating" lake. Stupid directional rules with those dumb bouys all over the place.
my $.02.
No shite? I never knew that. I will save my time and not go. I have Naci on my summer schedule. No longer.
Thanks MOB!

teamaquaholicks
04-30-2006, 09:04 PM
boy, a lot of hatters on this thread.
i didn't slam shasta and your right, shasta is one of the most beautiful lakes around. no arguement there.
slow down??????? maybe you should go to naci when there is water in it. this is the first year in 10yrs that the lake is so full it's spilling over the spill way at the damb. we cruz 80 to the narrows with out a problem. obvious you don't know what you are saying. shasta is just a bigger version of naci.
stupid directional rules.???????? all lakes are counter clock wise, maybe you should just stick to the rivers were the guys have no sence and to much horse power. (not a slam on the river guys and gals, we love parker ourselves, just getting a point across.) every one is into different things.
sorry i suggested it to the board. better off not having hatters there anyways. if you can't have fun there then you probably shouldn't be boating.
check the boards, plenty of people that will back our play. like the river and havasu is made for running your boat. we've all been there and seen the videos. every big weekend is the same no matter where you go.

n8dawg
05-02-2006, 12:23 PM
boy, a lot of hatters on this thread.
i didn't slam shasta and your right, shasta is one of the most beautiful lakes around. no arguement there.
slow down??????? maybe you should go to naci when there is water in it. this is the first year in 10yrs that the lake is so full it's spilling over the spill way at the damb. we cruz 80 to the narrows with out a problem. obvious you don't know what you are saying. shasta is just a bigger version of naci.
stupid directional rules.???????? all lakes are counter clock wise, maybe you should just stick to the rivers were the guys have no sence and to much horse power. (not a slam on the river guys and gals, we love parker ourselves, just getting a point across.) every one is into different things.
sorry i suggested it to the board. better off not having hatters there anyways. if you can't have fun there then you probably shouldn't be boating.
check the boards, plenty of people that will back our play. like the river and havasu is made for running your boat. we've all been there and seen the videos. every big weekend is the same no matter where you go.
Hey bro not to start anything but I was surprised when you said Naci. I thought I made it clear that I was going to be working in the Shasta area and just wanted to know where all the hot spots were for the area. Thats all. Naci is f---ing beautiful! We go there alot to get away. But never really checked out the whole nor- cal scene yet. Damn this state is huge! Alot of lakes and rivers to explore.
Happy boating to all! :) Thanks to all that helped me out as well!
Nate

teamaquaholicks
05-03-2006, 10:01 AM
right on
it was more directed to norcalcat for slaming naci. to each their own i guess. more room on the water for me without them.
bass lake may be a little far from you too, but would be worth the trip.
the lodge is really nice and the lake is beautiful. real mellow place. not the crazy partiers like the other hot spots. small though. it's only 4miles long and about a half mile wide. i would stick with shasta though. it's probably the best lake around.
see you on the water,
chuck