PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Insurance: Claims

bear down
04-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Has anyone had any claims with progressive? How were they? I am about to renew with them but an Insurance company who was giving me a quote really bashed them about service and claims and they also knew prior employees who would not work there again for double their salary. Just want to get a straight story, normally I hate when companies bash their competitors, but doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks

460 jus getn it
04-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Has anyone had any claims with progressive? How were they? I am about to renew with them but an Insurance company who was giving me a quote really bashed them about service and claims and they also knew prior employees who would not work there again for double their salary. Just want to get a straight story, normally I hate when companies bash their competitors, but doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks
i have delt witha claim once since i had them. they had a rep out same day. looked over the damage made some calls, cut a check the next day. so my experience with them has been great........

pixilatedpussy
04-25-2006, 03:45 PM
We work with them...we are one of their direct repair shops & they always handle things very well! They are known for quality customer service. :p

2Driver
04-25-2006, 03:54 PM
They were one of our largest accounts. The software they use to determine the auto claims was ours and it's the industry standard used by almost all insurance companies claims depts. I knew most the exec in claims and many others. Most love working there but if your friends came from claim adjusting - well that job is not too fun no matter where you go.
Here's is what they do a bit different. They always have a Progressive employee write your claim - not the shop. If you go to one of their approved shops the work is guaranteed for life. They do watch cost on a big time measure. This means they will use aftermarket parts and Used parts when ever reasonably possible and repair vs replace parts where it makes sense. If I was fixing my truck with my own money I would use the same parts - so no big deal for me. As far as total loss reimbursement they use NADA guides in most states –see NADA.com. Best thing you can do is read the policy then there will be no surprises. You are buying a product/service so you get what the description (policy states) nothing more nothing less.
Hope that helps.

2Driver
04-25-2006, 03:56 PM
We work with them...we are one of their direct repair shops & they always handle things very well! They are known for quality customer service. :p
Hey, what's your shop name and location?

bear down
04-25-2006, 03:57 PM
On my policy I have " Total Replacement Cost Rating Base" for the amount specified for my boat. I assume this will buy/pay me a new boat for it's current value up to that specific price not what the NADA determines the value of the boat on the policy..Correct me if I am wrong.

pixilatedpussy
04-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Hey, what's your shop name and location?
Simon's Auto Body & Frame in Laguna Hills, Ca :p

2Driver
04-25-2006, 04:17 PM
On my policy I have " Total Replacement Cost Rating Base" for the amount specified for my boat. I assume this will buy/pay me a new boat for it's current value up to that specific price not what the NADA determines the value of the boat on the policy..Correct me if I am wrong.
yeah sorry I was talking auto when referring to NADA

RAMROD
04-25-2006, 04:24 PM
They handle alot of claims for my shop on boats. State Farm used to be my favorite to deal with, now it's Progressive. They are very fast and efficient and call on a regular basis to see how the job is coming along.

Ziggy
04-25-2006, 04:24 PM
I was on the receiving end of one of their insured and it did go quick, but felt I got the short end of the true value stick........

pixilatedpussy
04-25-2006, 04:34 PM
I was on the receiving end of one of their insured and it did go quick, but felt I got the short end of the true value stick........
I believe it...there are some shops on their program that ..................well I will leave it at that! :crossx: But that goes with this industry unfortunately. Geza & I have seen some hack jobs from the Big Body Shops as well...because they push them in & push them out. They dont care about the customer cuz their name isnt on it. Unlike us...this is Geza's & My family business. Our name is on it, so we take pride in our work. We warranty every repair...not just Progressive.

Ziggy
04-25-2006, 04:38 PM
I believe it...there are some shops on their program that ..................well I will leave it at that! :crossx: But that goes with this industry unfortunately. Geza & I have seen some hack jobs from the Big Body Shops as well Did you have any lost dollars with M2? They got me for a few grand :mad: ...because they push them in & push them out. They dont care about the customer cuz their name isnt on it. Unlike us...this is Geza's & My family business. Our name is on it, so we take pride in our work. We warranty every repair...not just Progressive.
We are a dying breed in the automotive world....... :(

pixilatedpussy
04-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Did you have any lost dollars with M2? They got me for a few grand :mad:
Yeah we caught a big azz hit from M2 that they had there forever! :crossx: There were missing parts & everything. Unfortunately the owner of the car lost his azz on that deal, cuz he took it to them! :mad: :yuk: It is so sad how some of these shops can hold onto such a simple repair for so long! :rolleyes:
I agree we are few & far between in this industry! All I can say is...we make an honest living & we sleep very well at night! :rollside:

JB in so cal
04-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Did you have any lost dollars with M2? They got me for a few grand :mad:
When I was involved with the large body shop orgs., the amount of money and other shiat asked for UPFRONT just to get going was hideous.

Ziggy
04-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Yeah we caught a big azz hit from M2 that they had there forever! :crossx: There were missing parts & everything. Unfortunately the owner of the car lost his azz on that deal, cuz he took it to them! :mad: :yuk: It is so sad how some of these shops can hold onto such a simple repair for so long! :rolleyes:
I agree we are few & far between in this industry! All I can say is...we make an honest living & we sleep very well at night! :rollside:Exactly, nice to go to sleep with a clear conscience....and enough to feed my family.

Ziggy
04-25-2006, 04:46 PM
When I was involved with the large body shop orgs., the amount of money and other shiat asked for UPFRONT just to get going was hideous.Thats when you know you should take the car elsewhere...

pixilatedpussy
04-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Exactly, nice to go to sleep with a clear conscience....and enough to feed my family.
I Agree! :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
04-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Thats when you know you should take the car elsewhere...
He did eventually! :220v: :rollside:

04-25-2006, 09:22 PM
do you get supplements and ppi's being a drp

HMF'er
04-25-2006, 09:27 PM
I submitted a claim to Progressive for towing labor reimbursement per my policy several weeks ago. I followed all directions as they provided, I still have yet to hear back. In their defense, they subcontract their towing labor out to another roadside service company, in another state, so it may be "the other company's fault".

Marty Gras
04-25-2006, 09:29 PM
What is your boat? Size? power? Progressive has rules that many of their sales/ underwriters seem to overlook. I am called in from time to time to 'overlook' some claims for Progressive especially when there are 'questionable FACTS'. 26' and above, they will allow 500HP @ prop per motor, and nothing more.

havasu5150
04-25-2006, 09:29 PM
One thing to remember when dealing with an insurance claim.....It's negotiable!
Never settle for their first offer....it will be a low ball regardless of the carrier.