PDA

View Full Version : Amp. install location

bear down
04-13-2005, 08:08 PM
What are your thoughts about where to install the amps...I have two options.
Under the rear Bench seat or under the hatch along the back of the rear seat, the only problem with that is that I worry about the heat from the motor making the amps hot, I do listen to music as I am running the boat, but I think there is less chance for the amps to get wet under the hatch than under the rear bench seat ( I can see people just coming from the transom full of water and stepping on the rear seat).

ROZ
04-13-2005, 08:25 PM
No other spot? I believe the engine compartment is asking for trouble down the road.... Right TT?
A suggestion is to put them behind one of the side palens, but toward the helm or passenger side of the cockpit... Mount them in a box behind the panel and vent them with fans like HH suggested. If you want to get trick, you can have a shop cut out access near the bottom of the panel and cover it with an ulphostered door. If you want to take it a blingtastic step further, make a removeable plexiglass coverpanel, have Da' bears rock etched into it, and throw some blue LED action on it :D

bear down
04-13-2005, 08:31 PM
We just don't have room in the boat...Those Kicker amps are so damn long...I really don't want to take apart the side panels but maybe that might be the safest bet...I would like to access the amps if I need to but putting them behind the panel would be such a tight fit, but might be worth it to prevent water damage.

BLOWN HOWARD
04-16-2005, 02:28 PM
What about installing them in the feet area on the driver side and passenger side? mounted up off the floor so they dont get kicked or wet.

Beer-30
04-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Plenty of room here! They want $75K for it. They're closer to $90K brand new
http://www.sleekcraft.com/currentinv/28to32/1204/images/00007124a.JPG.

Procraftkev
04-16-2005, 06:03 PM
It looks like a open bow how about in the cuddy above the seats,Keep em dry and give em air.

77charger
04-16-2005, 07:03 PM
wish i can get a camera to take a pic of mine.
I mounted mine on the backside of the passenger seat(it ends up between seat and gunwale)I used liquid nails to mount a 1x12 then screwed it into the seat also placed amp on 1x12 to mark off holes for mounting then placed studs before setting 1x12 this is where the amp now screws onto.My uncle did the same in his 236eagle.
This set up keeps the amp out of view and has been in place solidly my boat is a 21 so space can be limited and i didnt want the amp in the engine compartment.It has been there for 2 years and has seen some rough water no probs to date the amp is a pretty good size one too not a real small in size (xtant x604) the only drawback if i need to get to my amp the seat has to come out.I get a laugh when someone ask what size amp i tell them its all running off the head unit cause you cant see my amp.It also stays cool there too