PDA

View Full Version : Fuel prices. Why there so high? Read this.

HCS
04-14-2005, 07:47 AM
So these fat cats can line their pockets.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/news/politics/041305_politics_oil.html

lilrick
04-14-2005, 07:55 AM
I wish i could figure out a way to hook up a hose to my ass and use all that GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. 4-B
04-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Paid $2.51 gallon for regular yesterday! Sick! :angry2:

Hustler
04-14-2005, 08:00 AM
I hope they do something about it. This B**l S**t every year they do this to us :mad:

It's Only Money
04-14-2005, 08:03 AM
Smug muthafockers. The refiners are too few and there is not any real competition. Why expand if that would mean lower profits? Not a healthy market.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Since I hate big government to begin with, it pains me to say this, but sadly, until the government comes in and smacks the big oil companies down, we're screwed. Too few refinieries, too little competition, and it does not help that this state has gone psycho on environmental issues which require the summer blends for fuel which increases production costs.

Cas
04-14-2005, 08:08 AM
I hope they do something about it. This B**l S**t every year they do this to us :mad:
I hope they do too! Each of us can help by filling out that FTC Complaint Form I posted last night.
see this thread Oil Price Investigation (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76410)

HCS
04-14-2005, 08:21 AM
Must be nice to be in a situation where you can control the market flow of something so the stock in your own company goes up 50%.

havasuaddicted661
04-14-2005, 08:31 AM
diesel is at $3.04 bastards...
Anyone know what the prices in havasu are right now?

goneboatin
04-14-2005, 08:32 AM
Amazing how the oil company profits go up with the price of oil; they don't go up a few percent, but 50%? Come on, something has to be done. But it is almost impossible to boycott this product, it's the blood of the nation and the modern world. As much as I hate to say it as long as the refiners have the politicians in their pocket, we're going to take it in the ass.
At what point does bribery become lobbying? :confused:

bigq
I am all for companies making profit, but when they start to conspire it can be distruptive to business and that is what the FTC is for. The problem I see is the last sentence in the story...."The chairwoman of the of the Federal Trade Commission was appointed by President Bush. She used to work for the chief counsel to Chevron Oil". :D you think this might be an issue?:notam:

bigq
diesel is at $3.04 bastards...
Anyone know what the prices in havasu are right now?
Damn you need to search. i just paid 2.51 :D

It's Only Money
04-14-2005, 08:53 AM
I am all for companies making profit, but when they start to conspire it can be distruptive to business and that is what the FTC is for. The problem I see is the last sentence in the story...."The chairwoman of the of the Federal Trade Commission was appointed by President Bush. She used to work for the chief counsel to Chevron Oil". :D you think this might be an issue?:notam:
We would call that "conflict of interest". Unfortunately, most of the administration is in "conflict of interest" on this issue.

Hustler
04-14-2005, 09:02 AM
I hope they do too! Each of us can help by filling out that FTC Complaint Form I posted last night.
see this thread Oil Price Investigation (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76410)
I did that already. Notice how there is nothing that matches in the subject line for oil companies :(

Havasu_Dreamin
04-14-2005, 09:09 AM
We would call that "conflict of interest". Unfortunately, most of the administration is in "conflict of interest" on this issue.
That's true of all politicians, not just this administration.

Essex502
04-14-2005, 09:16 AM
$hit....the people won't get any help from this administration. California didn't with the electricity debacle even after it was PROVEN that the market was gamed by Enron. Were the electrical contracts that were signed at the point of a knife to throat allowed to be cancelled? No. Same dealio here. No help will be forthcoming.

HCS
04-14-2005, 10:21 AM
I really don't think a couple of comments made by Hank Kuchta made at a
oil company conference is going to change anything for us. Taped or not.
They have us by the balls. If they wan't to keep supplies low and prices
high, they'll do it. And they will.