PDA

View Full Version : Bull**it in the channel last weekend

monkey rage frank
04-14-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm tellin ya I don't know what it's coming to? So here it goes. Last weekend all of my friends and Family yea family meaning lots of kids around. o.k. you get the picture. There were some guys smokin weed allday around the kids and carrying on. We let it go and then finally could'nt handle any more so we politly asked them to stop because of the kids and they said F**ck You!!!!!!! So being the polite people we are we let the authorities handle it. Well the great job that Havasu PD did of searching them came up with nothing. (Great search tech. by the way) then the po po leave and these guys now want to fight. Well o.k. not a problem but all they is run there damn mouth :argue:tipical now the po po come back and start yelling at us polite folk and kick all of us out of the channel, leaving "those other guys" smoking there weed and carring on. What the Hell is goin on out there I believe Havasu is truly fouled up people gettin easy time for drinken and killing people and doing drugs right in damn channel and gettin away with it. I just don't know :confused: :confused:

carbonmarine
04-14-2005, 02:12 PM
IMHO .... You had might have had every opportunity to relocate after they
said FU and were hostile. Kids need not be around negitive & bad attaitudes, much less the green wafting... Then the cops show up and find noth'in you had to have known they were going to be cross with you .... It's like TV ( pardon the pun), you dont like the Channel...Turn bro...
:wink:

Huckleberry
04-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Which side of the channel were you one, island or city side? The island side is usually more family oriented trhan the city side, but during spring break or holidays weekends all bets are off for the channel being family friendly anymore. Try Steamboat Cove for a more subdue environment.

mirvin
04-14-2005, 02:15 PM
I know this sucks but....why would you take your family to the channel???
Anyone else take there kids there??? Just wondering. I don't have kids but if I did I sure wouldn't take em there.....
mirvin :cool:

Bre
04-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Anyone else take there kids there??? Just wondering. I don't have kids but if I did I sure wouldn't take em there.....
We take our kids there and to the sandbar. If anything like that were to happen and we were bugged by it..we would just leave. But our kids are younger too so??? My feelings might change later?

OutCole'd
04-14-2005, 02:26 PM
I take my kids there. I usually try to scope out a safe spot with kids around and avoid the party sections. If it gets too roudy, I pack it up & go for a boat ride.
Unless it's a holiday weekend, the channel is usually pretty cool.

Ziggy
04-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I'll stop in there with the daughter but never really stay very long....depending on whats going on and if we have friendly neighbors. Same goes for the Sandbar...plenty of room there to avoid the madness if need be.
Hey Bre, I just noticed the For Sale in your sig-line..you guys changing rides or just liquidating?

mirvin
WHat sucks even more is that we've all gotten to the point where we're saying "what did you expect?" That aint right either.
I like to party, but sometimes I like to relax. If I want to relax I don't go to the party.....
mirvin

Bre
We hardly go on holiday weekends.. and if we do... we don't take the kids w/ us. 4th of July we go.. but we stay off the water on Sat day... and just hang out at night for the firework show.

Bre
04-14-2005, 02:31 PM
I'll stop in there with the daughter but never really stay very long....depending on whats going on and if we have friendly neighbors. Same goes for the Sandbar...plenty of room there to avoid the madness if need be.
Hey Bre, I just noticed the For Sale in your sig-line..you guys changing rides or just liquidating?
Just paying stuff off with it. Then Andy will find another boat again... we have his parents boat...our old boat to use when we want.

HOOTER SLED-
04-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Frank...were you there first by the way?
That's what I was thinking Tom. If you roll up on a scene, you should know what you are getting into. But if you were there first, not right for them to bring that around. At all for that matter. It's still a public place. If it were out on the lake it would be a little different. Boater's should have more COURTESY. If I roll up on a beach, I always ask if anyone minds if I turn the stereo up. If someone rolls up on me and mine is already loud, they should know what they are getting into. Of course when there are kids around, that's a whole other dealio. Those peeps are the ones that give the Havi crowd a bad rap. That sucks. My 2 cents

OutCole'd
04-14-2005, 02:38 PM
I could not agree more that Frank was in the right, and these guys were complete a holes. Still, unless I'm ready to get into a fight, (which ain't gonna happen) I would rather take the high road & move on.
Now on my way out, if I happen to see some LE, I would happily report to them what was going on with this particular boat.
I have no problem with people partying or even smoking a little, just need to tone it down when asked politely or if there's kids around.
just my .02

Ducatista
04-14-2005, 02:40 PM
So they wouldn't share their reef with ya??? :D J/K Damn bogarts! :D
That's strange they would kick you guys out...did you say something that didn't go over well with the LEO in frustration? That sucks...I would be a little bent also.

unleashed
04-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Last weekend was very windy...maybe Frank had no choice but to chill in the Channel. I know there were not very many places to park in the channel as not very many boats wanted to brave the wind and chop. As far as smoking pot or nudity, sex etc. Right now my daughter is so young she concentrates on playing in the sand with her freinds. She could care less on whats going on around her.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

MAINEVENT
04-14-2005, 02:47 PM
How many of these are we gonna see this summer :rolleyes: NO OFFENCE their are two types people in this world polite peaple who party and A$$WHOLES who are just plain D!ks and will look for a fight for any reason and if you hit the sandbar or channel on a big weekend or spring break time you are gonna run in to alot of AHOLES ANd to ME its not worth it :) their is so many other places on the water to hang with my kids and have a blast..... Just my .02
The word for the day is "CONFRONTATIONAL" Lets try not to be :)
Somebody pass me joint :hammer2: ;)

monkey rage frank
04-14-2005, 02:58 PM
I couldn't agree with all of you more, I just think it is so sad that we have to park certain places,avoid certain people etc. I've been goin to our beatiful lake/river for a long time now and it has changed a lot. I still am confused on the way we got treated by havasu's finest. We were cool with them until they kicked us out. We were lucky they didn't do anything else to us. Ya all be cool hope to see ya out there Frank

Havasu_Dreamin
04-14-2005, 03:00 PM
I've been goin to our beatiful lake/river for a long time now and it has changed a lot.
Reminds of the Trouble at the river thread from oh, about 4 years ago. :idea:

BoatPI
04-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Thank about it. Why should we not be comfortable with children in the channel. Sounds like the PD needs to start getting tough on every weekend as oppose to holiday weekends. Up at the sandbar, things are different. But this is a public lake and in the city.

mirvin
04-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Thank about it. Why should we not be comfortable with children in the channel. Sounds like the PD needs to start getting tough on every weekend as oppose to holiday weekends. Up at the sandbar, things are different. But this is a public lake and in the city.
Personally, I've given up on that dream.....
It would be nice though.
mirvin

OutCole'd
04-14-2005, 03:09 PM
I could not agree more.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Exactly!

shueman
04-14-2005, 03:14 PM
I could not agree more.
Same here. It's a family place. Take the party/pasties attitude up/down stream.

TCHB
04-14-2005, 03:35 PM
I agree and yes there is a bunch of spoiled kids that will make ruin the place. Just look at all the trash they leave on the beach. Something has changed with this generation!!! No Respect for Anything!

TIBURON
04-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Hey freakin MONKEY!!!! WAZ UP BRO ???
Why cant we all just get along. :chi:
I dont need any more Po Po in my life. It sucked that we were kicked off the lake (never understood how they can kick someone off the lake) but that shiiiit will probably happen again. :hammerhea
We were there first, so we just should have been able to stay and keep partying. :messedup: I think it was DIRTY5 that started the whole ordeal, cuz he dont like drinkin or smokinn..... :messedup:
PEACE ......................................

speedneeder
04-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Is the partying, drunkeness, nudity something new???? Its what Havasu has been know for for as long as I can remember. Having a kid is 'one' of the reasons we dont go there anymore.

Ziggy
04-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Last weekend was very windy...maybe Frank had no choice but to chill in the Channel. I know there were not very many places to park in the channel as not very many boats wanted to brave the wind and chop. As far as smoking pot or nudity, sex etc. Right now my daughter is so young she concentrates on playing in the sand with her freinds. She could care less on whats going on around her.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
Young ones are much more perseptive than you might think, they may not know exactly what it is but they saw/heard something. Especially if there is an arguement surrounding it.
I will say its rare that someone doing an illegal act like that would retaliate the way they did rather than say sorry or just be more descrete. Its not like Frank asked them to leave. Some people just have to be assholes I guess. :hammerhea

phebus
04-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Havasu is going through some serious growing pains, and the budget has to increase so the funding of adequate law enforcement can come about. Why do you think those guys were smoking pot right out in the open? Because the odds are, they can get away with it. I like to have as good a time as anyone, but lawlessness in public is something I don't condone or tolerate. Havasu is in need of more law enforcement, so the powewrs to be don't have the typical knee jerk reaction, and impose rules and laws that end up punishing the masses that go there for a good time.

shueman
04-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Havasu is going through some serious growing pains, and the budget has to increase so the funding of adequate law enforcement can come about. Why do you think those guys were smoking pot right out in the open? Because the odds are, they can get away with it. I like to have as good a time as anyone, but lawlessness in public is something I don't condone or tolerate. Havasu is in need of more law enforcement, so the powewrs to be don't have the typical knee jerk reaction, and impose rules and laws that end up punishing the masses that go there for a good time.
The "party" popularity is bringing the more and more of the lawless element. They don't have a clue about the boating lifestyle; they just want to get wasted and mix it up. Look back at what Palm Springs went through some years ago. They are much better off today with the actions taken.
The saying, "a few bad apples" is certainly appropriate. The people who enjoy the area for the recreation will ultimately find other choices for safe & sane boating. The city needs to be swift, direct, and zero tolerance. We, as members of the boating community, need to taken action as well.
Just my 2¢

phebus
04-14-2005, 05:25 PM
The "party" popularity is bringing the more and more of the lawless element. They don't have a clue about the boating lifestyle; they just want to get wasted and mix it up. Look back at what Palm Springs went through some years ago. They are much better off today with the actions taken.
The saying, "a few bad apples" is certainly appropriate. The people who enjoy the area for the recreation will ultimately find other choices for safe & sane boating. The city needs to be swift, direct, and zero tolerance. We, as members of the boating community, need to taken action as well.
Just my 2¢
I don't know if Palm Springs is better off now. They sure lost a lot of revenue for the taxpayers, and a lot of revenue for the business owners. If they'd have been more proactive, and were able to enforce the laws before it got out of control, I think they would be better off today.

Performance 19
04-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Is the partying, drunkeness, nudity something new???? Its what Havasu has been know for for as long as I can remember. Having a kid is 'one' of the reasons we dont go there anymore.
That says it all. Havasu partying has not changed much in the last 25 years. That's part of the reason we rarely go down there. It's all about priorities..

hot_diggity_dog
04-14-2005, 05:40 PM
I also noted that that weekend was very light on the LE in the channel.
They didn't have the normal 3-4 ATV's on a side and foot and bike patrol.
The weekend also had numerous events on the Island, Rotary park and Windsor.
I think they where spread thin?
HDD

phebus
04-14-2005, 05:44 PM
That says it all. Havasu partying has not changed much in the last 25 years. That's part of the reason we rarely go down there. It's all about priorities..
I agree that Havasu has been the way it is for years. The problem is that the town has grown up and changed dramatically. What was once accepted, has now become an issue. I for one still enjoy going to Havasu, and don't want to see those that are unable to accept the change ruin it for everyone. It's not the wild west anymore.

JackieV
04-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Sorry about your weekend. I feel that it is only polite to be courtious to those around you. This brings Frenchie's thread to mind.
This is really to bad. :angry2:

hugh jascock
04-14-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't know if Palm Springs is better off now. They sure lost a lot of revenue for the taxpayers, and a lot of revenue for the business owners. If they'd have been more proactive, and were able to enforce the laws before it got out of control, I think they would be better off today.\]]
palm springs is faggot city now! they cater to the homo's who have what every city wants, expendable income! hell, the focking mayor is a queer!
i guess it's better off for the homo's but not for me.

Midlife Advantage
04-14-2005, 08:17 PM
I couldn't agree with all of you more, I just think it is so sad that we have to park certain places,avoid certain people etc. I've been goin to our beatiful lake/river for a long time now and it has changed a lot. I still am confused on the way we got treated by havasu's finest. We were cool with them until they kicked us out. We were lucky they didn't do anything else to us. Ya all be cool hope to see ya out there Frank
I agree Frank, you should not have to pick up and move because of shite like that, THEY should have to leave. Punks should realize the stuff they do is not good for kids to see and take it somewhere it doesn't affect people. I have nothing against it until it bothers someone. Then, simple manners say KNOCK IT OFF! :lightsabe

Wicky
04-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Not condoning what was going on in front of the kids but, why the hell would anyone hang around anyplace if they didn't like what was going on????wtf???
Sounds like a power struggle to me.
Channel=Party...........and has for a few decades now!!!! And to think
Alcohol, pot, tittiies, you name it isn't going to happen?
Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Either accept and explain to your children what is going on (if they ask) or take them to the circus.
Somebody pass me a kleenex,
Wicky

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Channel=Party...........and has for a few decades now!!!!
Not so true....
Use to be the Sand Bar.......
When they closed it down on the big weekends, the shit moved to the Channel......
I have young kids and I still go to the Channel, but I wish it wasn't so bad....
Eventually.....Like everything else.....It will have more restrictions......
Then we'll all just think back to the good ole' days.......
Sad......But True!!
Later,
CJG
:(

phebus
04-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Wicky, thank you very much for once again being the poster child for ignorance!! All stupid people need a spokesman.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Wicky, thank you very much for once again being the poster child for ignorance!! All stupid people need a spokesman.
FUNNY.......
I only looked at this thread because I saw he posted on it..... :idea:
And I knew he would have something way off base to say.... :messedup:
Ha!
CJG
;)

Ultrafied
04-14-2005, 08:55 PM
Illegal immigration has been happening for years ...... terrorism has been happening for years .... let's ignore it and move on. Why should someone have to move from the Channel, which they were there first and find another spot because of someone else's ignorance, illegal or illicit behavior.
I personally feel that we as a community have been moving instead of standing up for too long. I'm not necessarily condoning violence, but write letters to the mayor, notifying the authorities when something is wrong (didn't help much this time), or at the very least, say something. If more of us get involved by doing something, it may appear that not all of the boating community is the same.
Just my 2 cents ..... :D

Squirtin Thunder
04-14-2005, 08:56 PM
They just spent $650K on a fire traning tower !!!
I think the old Hickory Stick may come boating !!!
Jim

Squirtin Thunder
04-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Not condoning what was going on in front of the kids but, why the hell would anyone hang around anyplace if they didn't like what was going on????wtf???
Sounds like a power struggle to me.
Channel=Party...........and has for a few decades now!!!! And to think
Alcohol, pot, tittiies, you name it isn't going to happen?
Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Either accept and explain to your children what is going on (if they ask) or take them to the circus.
Somebody pass me a kleenex,
Wicky
How much of that crap is legal ????

moneysucker
04-14-2005, 09:00 PM
One problem I have with standing up to this type rather than leaving is it is not worth having my boat or truck vandalized later because of something as petty as this. Luckily I am a low river dweller and have a lot of room to play. There are certain places that are not for families on my section of the river too and they are fun but I can't tolerate them all the time, The lack of respect these days is unbelievable, And this is coming from an old man. (26) It does suck that you have to put up with that around your kids.
Cy

phebus
04-14-2005, 09:03 PM
They just spent $650K on a fire traning tower !!!
I think the old Hickory Stick may come boating !!!
Jim
Probably money well spent. Their is a rating given to a city in regards to fire protection (training is considered in the rating) that sets insurance rates for businesses. If you want to grow as a city, and attract business to come to the city, you have to make it profitable. The city has grown faster then the infarstructure has been able to keep up with.

mbrown2
04-14-2005, 09:10 PM
It sux that the incident occurred and it has more to do with an A$$hole more then the channel or the party...I was just watching home video from 91 and the channel was just as packed as it is now...maybe slightly less, and smaller boats, but not much....the parting and drugs used to exist as well. Coke and Pot were big back in those days....probably just as big is X is now. The bathing suits are a little smaller and maybe the exhibitionism has stepped up a notch, but the surroundings were pretty much the same....................
...It boils down to two things A$$holes and Respectable people and sometimes they cross each others path and there is friction....only difference between then and now was now we have the internet to chat about it on Mondays. :idea:

moneypit
04-14-2005, 09:30 PM
It should be legal to beat the shit out of little punks that disturb your vacation... Cops should also start coming down harder.
Sucks huh? bad attitude...?
Story 1. Im at Kokomos with my family, friends, uncles and you name it. My buddies are a sleep on the boat. 4 pm. We went in to get a drink. We were all tired and decided to leave, as we were leaving we walked out across the dance floor. I look up and catch eyes with some roided out guy that out of nowhere says F*** you.. I said "me"? he says "Ya... F*** you". Now Im thinking what the hell did I do and how do I get out of it? My friends are not here to back me up. The only friend I have with me is my 115lb friend and hes verticlly challanged. Anyway, this guys lunges toward me. Im in shock. So I take one step back and cock the right fist. I threw one punch, knocked the guy out. ELvis leaves the building. I asked for none of it.
Story two. Im at the Nautical.. two couples. I have my 4 year old. Hes playing on the shore between a few boats... Were all just hanging out and talking on the beach.. Next a boat load of guys come pulling onto the shore barley missing my son.. A guy jumps off the boat. I walked over after grabbing my son. I said to the guy. "Hey you should at least yell first so I can move my son". He walks up and gets in my face (son in hands) and says " next time move your ****in' kid". I was in shock!!!! A few words were exchanged and the guy became violent. My wife came and grabbed my son from me and goes to get security. This guy takes a swing at me. My friend came in from the left and clocked the guy. I caught the guy in a choke. My friend pummled him from the back. (none of his buddies got off the boat to help). Security finally showed up.. case closed.. I asked for nothing.
Story three: I was in Havasu for a long weekend with friends. We had just got back to Havasu Landing. Anchored the boat out in front of our place.. I walked up the beach to my house and see a truck parked in front. It was a big ol' single cab ford, lifted with real long CD antenna whips on both sides. I look up on my front porch and see a bunch of guys sitting there. I thought that maybe I knew these people. I didnt. It was a bunch of skinheads. They invited themselves into my house. THe door was wide open. The had a keg of beer on the porch. I asked them who invited them there and they were just replying with typical smart ass answers. They were Joking and implying that they wont hurt anything and I should let them stay. I told them to leave or I would get security. All but one got up politely and left. The one that confronted me wanted to fight real bad. He called me every name in the book and tried to get me to brawl. I got out of it.
Heres my problem. Im a professional, I have a family with a wife and kids. I dont go down to the river to have problems like these.. (they seem to find me). Buy I will tell you, I have no problem finishing something either. But I dont go looking for it. Every one of these stories are only the short version. I dont know what cause these problems but I point to things like alcohol and youth and stupidity. Gets to be frustrating.
I very rarely stay in the channel or at the sandbar anymore. I will usually just swing by to say hi to friends. I have been going to Havasu all my 39 years. Its surely changed. I cant wait for it to change again.
Sorry for any typos.

phebus
04-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Damn moneypit, please don't ever ask me to hang out with you. Your a shit magnet. :D

h2oski2fast
04-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Bottom line, you have your right to go to the Channel. You know what goes on there, in fact that was one of the many reason we all were and still attracted to Havasu. When we were younger we all came to boat, ski, hang out with friends, party and meet chix. Partying and flashing IS part of the boating lifestyle, the Pegged video is an example (who here hasn't watched the 18+ section). The problem now is that you have grown out of the partying stage and Havasu is still the party atmosphere. Now that you have grown older you want Havasu to change? You are no longer into that style of partying and you're not happy with it, so you want it to change....... Sounds hypocritical!
Once again, as your right, you chose to enter the Channel knowing what you and your kids might encounter. You could have exersized your right and gone some place else.
This was aimed at no one inparticular, just food for thought. I was not present at the time of the incident, therefore can not comment on it. I do however, often see arrogant ignorance of people who have change and then expect everything else to change to suit them.

Danzo
04-14-2005, 09:43 PM
I have 2 little girls and we take them to the channel. They like jumping of the swim step of the boat and playing in the sand. If I was in your situation I think I would of just moved spots. You were in the right but I also know what the channel is all about. I don't smoke wed but IMHO it's not any worse than the heavy drinking that goes on with the exception of that nasty smell. People get rude, obnoxious and down right mean when drinking as well. I think that it is WEAK about the law enforcement not doing anything though. I think they are way overzealous with the other minor things on the water but when someone has a legitimate complaint they don't pursue results. Sorry about this experience, with my 2 girls around that I'm sure I would of been pretty pissed off as well! Just my .02!

moneypit
04-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Bottom line, you have your right to go to the Channel. You know what goes on there, in fact that was one of the many reason we all were and still attracted to Havasu. When we were younger we all came to boat, ski, hang out with friends, party and meet chix. Partying and flashing IS part of the boating lifestyle, the Pegged video is an example (who here hasn't watched the 18+ section). The problem now is that you have grown out of the partying stage and Havasu is still the party atmosphere. Now that you have grown older you want Havasu to change? You are no longer into that style of partying and you're not happy with it, so you want it to change....... Sounds hypocritical!
Once again, as your right, you chose to enter the Channel knowing what you and your kids might encounter. You could have exersized your right and gone some place else.
This was aimed at no one inparticular, just food for thought. I was not present at the time of the incident, therefore can not comment on it. I do however, often see arrogant ignorance of people who have change and then expect everything else to change to suit them.
Change? I dont want to party anymore? Im just sick of assholes and punks.. I love to party. I love to have more freekin fun than the next guy. But I will never cross the line when it coms to respecting others and their space.. We are not talking about paying ten bucks and entering a party or a building. We are talking about a public forum... Get it? PUBLIC. If anyone chooses to sit on any of those beaches they should not have to worry about the people one boat over ganging the bong all day.. Whats hypocritical about that?

h2oski2fast
04-14-2005, 10:01 PM
If anyone chooses to sit on any of those beaches they should not have to worry about the people one boat over ganging the bong all day.
I don't condone the usage of pot, but at the same time I don't stand there and bitch about it....... I go somewhere it isn't happening.
My other statement was a generalization of what I hear as we all grow older, not a statement as to the particular event.

nyeti
04-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Keep in mind, the channel area is a public park. You should be able to go there with your kids, watch all the boats, and have a good time typical in most parks. I would never take my kid to the sand bar on a holiday weekend, because I know what goes on there, and I am fine with it. Its more adult oriented and isn't a park. I agree that closing the sand bar has forced a bunch of garbage into the channel that does not belong there. I actually have a condo on the channel, and have seen the changes the last few years with those who are really not boaters, but just there for the free for all party. The key is respect, and many gen X'ers don't have it, or understand it. If the no rules party crowd continues with their b.s., access to the channel is in jeopardy. I know these folks probably never read a paper, but their are elements on the Havasu city council who want to close the channel altogether. This is bad for everyone. We need to police ourselves a little so those outside the boating community won't have a reason to do it for us.

shueman
04-15-2005, 04:32 AM
Keep in mind, the channel area is a public park. You should be able to go there with your kids, watch all the boats, and have a good time typical in most parks. I would never take my kid to the sand bar on a holiday weekend, because I know what goes on there, and I am fine with it. Its more adult oriented and isn't a park. I agree that closing the sand bar has forced a bunch of garbage into the channel that does not belong there. I actually have a condo on the channel, and have seen the changes the last few years with those who are really not boaters, but just there for the free for all party. The key is respect, and many gen X'ers don't have it, or understand it. If the no rules party crowd continues with their b.s., access to the channel is in jeopardy. I know these folks probably never read a paper, but their are elements on the Havasu city council who want to close the channel altogether. This is bad for everyone. We need to police ourselves a little so those outside the boating community won't have a reason to do it for us.
Well Said...PROPS 2 YA...

Wicky
04-15-2005, 05:18 AM
Stupid is as stupid does there Phebus. Go dig a hole in the sand and put your head in the hole. :hammerhea Talk about stupidity.
Wicky

Wicky
04-15-2005, 05:29 AM
Change? I dont want to party anymore? Im just sick of assholes and punks.. I love to party. I love to have more freekin fun than the next guy. But I will never cross the line when it coms to respecting others and their space.. We are not talking about paying ten bucks and entering a party or a building. We are talking about a public forum... Get it? PUBLIC. If anyone chooses to sit on any of those beaches they should not have to worry about the people one boat over ganging the bong all day.. Whats hypocritical about that?
Public/private...it doesn't really matter if something legal or illegal is going on that you don't want your children to see. You have to be the adult.
Unless your a cop, situations like this will always be reactive to the laws and not proactive. Be an ADULT Phebus, turn the other cheek and go find a more "kid friendly" place. You are the parent. YOU must take responsibility to protect your children. The LE can't be there for ya 100% of the time.
Sober up,
Wicky

cola
04-15-2005, 05:31 AM
RESPECT, it's not in the Channel

superdave013
04-15-2005, 05:32 AM
I have no problem with people partying or even smoking a little, just need to tone it down when asked politely or if there's kids around.
just my .02
Just seems so easy.

Wicky
04-15-2005, 05:38 AM
It's like a 5 year old got ahold of a computer. Go start a militia.
It's like they must have let you out of the retirement house!!!!!
Go play some bingo!!!

boxscore
04-15-2005, 05:52 AM
Public/private...it doesn't really matter if something legal or illegal is going on that you don't want your children to see. You have to be the adult.
Unless your a cop, situations like this will always be reactive to the laws and not proactive. Be an ADULT Phebus, turn the other cheek and go find a more "kid friendly" place. You are the parent. YOU must take responsibility to protect your children. The LE can't be there for ya 100% of the time.
Sober up,
Wicky
Hey there Wicky..one cell wonder... ya don't get and I wouldn't expect you to. So just check the activity in the channel in the next year or two. The city will do something about it, clean the whole place out. You'll show up scratchin your tangerine sized head and say "doh, where's my weed hook-up?"

Mardonzi
04-15-2005, 06:24 AM
I wonder what the "you should have left" crowds response would be if this had happened at a public park, campground, or other public area. It seems as it is acceptable behavior to accept this sort of thing just because it's the Channel or the Sandbar. It's not. Granted, we, as parents are responsible for the protection of our children and to keep them out of harm's way, we are also responsible as citizens to stand up for, within legal boundries, what is right. By turning a blind eye to this sort of attitude, and allowing ourselves to be pushed further down the channel or further down the "road", in a way we are accepting this behavior and putting forth the message that it's ok.
As far as the LE response, they are entirely undermanned, underpayed, and under appreciated. Granted, they probably didn't handle this situation correctly, but they aren't perfect, and do make mistakes. Human nature,, ain't it a bitch....

riverrunner
04-15-2005, 06:41 AM
Yeah, the easy thing to do would have been to leave, but why should he have to? If everyone left everytime then this kind of stuff would just grow. The channel is essentially a public park. He has the right to be there with his family and not see this kind of stuff. To say that this kind of stuff happens and you should just get used to it is BS, you shouldn't have to get used to people breaking the law right in front of your face and kids.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-15-2005, 07:20 AM
This brings Frenchie's thread to mind.
You mean, phuck you I can do what I damn well pleae thread? :sleeping: :rolleyes:

Havasu Hangin'
04-15-2005, 07:26 AM
You mean, phuck you I can do what I damn well pleae thread? :sleeping: :rolleyes:
Yep.
So I guess the lesson is, that if you take your kids into a bank, and someone robs it (and starts shooting people)...then it's your fault for having brought your kids there.
You should know better than to bring your kids somewhere where someone might commit a crime...shame on you as a parent!

Wicky
04-15-2005, 07:27 AM
Some very good points being made here. Speaking of raising your kids, is this the example you want to show your young kids? Act like a fool and you'll always get your way? Act like a bully and people will just let you do what you want? I don't care how politically uncorrect it is, I'm not raising my kids that way and I'm not setting that example for them. They are going to learn that you stand up for yourself and you stand up to bullies.
I see your point Shockwave Babylon and I completely and wholeheartedly understand where you are coming from. It is called Utopia.
Unfortunately, it isn't a perfect world and you cannot rely on the police, especially in this case(look what happened). So, to avoid conflict(Bullies) altogether, one must walk away. Obviously you're too selfish to do so.
Hell, I might be stupid, dumb and blind but, at least I'm smart enough to move away from any activity that I feel could be dangerous or too risque for my children. Better yet, I'm smart enough to not bring them there in the first place public or not. Those who don't are just plain selfish in their own right or they accept what is going on and don't have a problem with it.
I will assume for every 100 laws broken maybe two people are caught.
What does this tell you.
Let's hear it Babylon!!
Oblivious in Boise,
Wicky

Havasu_Dreamin
04-15-2005, 07:33 AM
Yep.
So I guess the lesson is, that if you take your kids into a bank, and someone robs it (and starts shooting people)...then it's your fault for having brought your kids there.
You should know better than to bring your kids somewhere where someone might commit a crime...shame on you as a parent!
CLASSIC! Absofugenlutely classic! Good analogy HH!

Wicky
04-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Some very good points being made here. Speaking of raising your kids, is this the example you want to show your young kids? Act like a fool and you'll always get your way? Act like a bully and people will just let you do what you want? I don't care how politically uncorrect it is, I'm not raising my kids that way and I'm not setting that example for them. They are going to learn that you stand up for yourself and you stand up to bullies.
Uncorrect??
At least I know how to spell. You must have learned your grammar on "School house rock" Either that or you just enjoy making up words.
:wink:

Bre
04-15-2005, 07:45 AM
Better yet, I'm smart enough to not bring them there in the first place public or not.
I don't think it is dumb of us to take our kids there. Other kids are there... sand is there...so is a lil bit of water. They play in the sand with their sand toys and have fun. We don't take them there on holiday weekends. And if anything was going on that we did not care for we would leave. But I def. do not think anyone is stupid for taking their kids in the channel. Only thing I think is stupid...is when you pull up next to a bunch of kids.... playing music you do not like...talking in ways you don't want your kids to hear...or doing acts you do not want them to see.... then you stay and complain about it the whole time.( Andys mom does that everytime we are out there together :hammerhea )

riverroyal
04-15-2005, 07:46 AM
in the channel with my kids and wife,,,it was bad,we drove thru and sat on the beach near the new condos,it was mellow,,,,,,,remember,it was the last spring break weekend,plus the water is toooo cold for the sandbar,plus most the Aholes in the channel dindnt actually own boats,they were there just to park their cars and walk to a great party with a bunch of underage drinkers,with NO law enforcement problems,,,,,so,my guess is it will mellow out this summer in the channel,but not on holidays,go south find a nice quiet beach,thats what we do,,,,,,

Wicky
04-15-2005, 07:47 AM
YOU'RE correcting my spelling, which was obviously a typo, since I know how to spell incorrect? You punctuate like a monkey.
Thank god I don't run my business like a monkey!! :2purples:

phebus
04-15-2005, 07:49 AM
Wicky, I have read all your posts, and want to thank you for validating my original statement about you.

yamakazi
04-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Just a few small details to add after reading all this....
1) "Just pack up and leave"...well, they were there first and there were several boats parked together with this group. Should they all have to leave?
2) More than a couple in this group were off duty LE (including the person who informed LHCPD). They did politely ask for them to tone it down. They could have easily have asked differently.
3) Yes, we all partied when we were younger. BUT...if asked by another group if we could tone it down some, did we or was it just FU?
Just some food for thought.

Wicky
04-15-2005, 07:53 AM
I don't think it is dumb of us to take our kids there. Other kids are there... sand is there...so is a lil bit of water. They play in the sand with their sand toys and have fun. We don't take them there on holiday weekends. And if anything was going on that we did not care for we would leave. But I def. do not think anyone is stupid for taking their kids in the channel. Only thing I think is stupid...is when you pull up next to a bunch of kids.... playing music you do not like...talking in ways you don't want your kids to hear...or doing acts you do not want them to see.... then you stay and complain about it the whole time.( Andys mom does that everytime we are out there together :hammerhea )
Bre,
You missed the end of my statement.
Here it is,
"Those who don't are just plain selfish in their own right or they accept what is going on and don't have a problem with it."
Obviously, you do not have a problem with it and I respect that. :wink:

cdog
04-15-2005, 07:55 AM
Here's what worked for me last time over easter weekend. I've got a big nice new boat and take good care of it. It was easter weekend so nobody was around to watch our dog. (see avitar). We took her with us and went to the channel early and set up camp. I had some engine/drive problems so all I could do is idle around anyway so it was a low key day. Again we got there early and let the dog out of the boat on the island side to avoid half of the morons. I played fetch with her in the water and all the uptight peeps kept cruisin by with out pulling up next to us. Meanwhile we met some real nice family's who loved playin with our dog and kept the kids occupied. Seems to me the kind of people who are uptight about the dog situation are the kind of people who pull up and arnt very freindly anyway so I say F'em. We had a good time.

Wicky
04-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Wicky, I have read all your posts, and want to thank you for validating my original statement about you.
Holy shit, If I knew you were going to read all of my posts I would have used crayons for you!!!

Wicky
04-15-2005, 08:00 AM
2) More than a couple in this group were off duty LE (including the person who informed LHCPD).
I knew it.
Thank you,
Wicky

Havasu Hangin'
04-15-2005, 08:04 AM
I'm waiting for the "I know you are, but what am I" post.
:notam:

OutCole'd
04-15-2005, 08:06 AM
I'm betting on the "I'm rubber, your glue...."

Wicky
04-15-2005, 08:07 AM
Shockwave Bob and Phebus-Keeping Crayola in business!!!!

AzLakeLizard
04-15-2005, 08:09 AM
:p OH.. now that is a GOOD ONE!... lmao... :D
whew.. thanks for lightening thing up!~

Wicky
04-15-2005, 08:13 AM
I kept your momma in business for years.
Seriously, dude, you're not even funny. Not even a little.
I see. That must have been when she was selling crack!!! Yes, I do remember her mentioning your name one time, she said you had a rather large vagina.
:D

Ducatista
04-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Just a few small details to add after reading all this....
1) "Just pack up and leave"...well, they were there first and there were several boats parked together with this group. Should they all have to leave?
2) More than a couple in this group were off duty LE (including the person who informed LHCPD). They did politely ask for them to tone it down. They could have easily have asked differently.
3) Yes, we all partied when we were younger. BUT...if asked by another group if we could tone it down some, did we or was it just FU?
Just some food for thought.
Were the off duty LEO's CHP"s??? :D :D :D :D

jayd_jr
04-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Well after reading some of the posts I had to atleast say a little. No matter when who pulled in next to who. There should be a little respect. If I see a spot that has some crazy schiat going on and I have children on the boat you stay away "respecting others" having fun. If the carazies pull in next to me then I would hope they would show respect.
The bottom line is in todays society there is not as much consideration for our fellow brethren. We have to deal with it and move on..........

canuck1
04-15-2005, 08:50 AM
Wicky
You're killin me :wink:
But, I don't get it.
This is a public park and people shouldn't bring their kids there?
I think that the party scene will be ended with a no alcohol in the channel and more cops than anyone would ever care to see in one place. Just like another place we used to go years ago...

PBOCOP
04-15-2005, 08:54 AM
I was there this weekend as well. I have some pictures of a group but I don't know how to resize a picture to make it fit on here. Anyways, they were doing the same thing. I told them to chill, they did chill and were very respectful from that point on. They were a group of about 20 white pride KKK worshipers.
Anyways, great time in the channel last weekend. Everyone behaved, very mellow, tons of small kids, and didn't see one problem.
I think each situation is isolated and it is by far in the minority.

Mardonzi
04-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Bottom line from me on thid thread, and it's somrthing that I practice, is treat everyone with the same respect and consideration that you would like to be treated with and It's All Good.
Remember, Karma can be a vile, rancid bitch,,,

Powerquestboy
04-15-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm young and I love sitting in the channel drinking beers and people watching. I dont mind the nudity or the drugs it doesnt bother me one bit. However I think its sad that people with kids can't enjoy the channel because there is sooo much nudity, fights, drugs etc. If that stuff goes on at the sandbar its totally cool. People are heading up lake to get crazy, but in the channel is a totally different story. People say "thats just what goes on in the channel" but they need to remember that the channel is in the middle of town! It is a PUBLIC park and people should be able to take there kids. I always try to be cool enough that if I pull up next to a family I act appropriately out of respect. No cussing, drugs, nudity, loud inappropraite music etc. It shouldnt even be a question of whether or not the family needs to be responsible and take their kids elsewhere. If there are no familys around and I have loud music and naked chics on my boat and a family pulls up well they knew what they were getting into and shouldnt complain. Basically it just comes down to the fact that most people dont have any respect for anyone else anymore. Hell I would rather shake hands with some guy and throw the football with his kids than see some douche bag take her top off.

syke-o
04-15-2005, 10:06 AM
how many times can the same topic be brought up??? :hammerhea :hammerhea

moneypit
04-15-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm young and I love sitting in the channel drinking beers and people watching. I dont mind the nudity or the drugs it doesnt bother me one bit. However I think its sad that people with kids can't enjoy the channel because there is sooo much nudity, fights, drugs etc. If that stuff goes on at the sandbar its totally cool. People are heading up lake to get crazy, but in the channel is a totally different story. People say "thats just what goes on in the channel" but they need to remember that the channel is in the middle of town! It is a PUBLIC park and people should be able to take there kids. I always try to be cool enough that if I pull up next to a family I act appropriately out of respect. No cussing, drugs, nudity, loud inappropraite music etc. It shouldnt even be a question of whether or not the family needs to be responsible and take their kids elsewhere. If there are no familys around and I have loud music and naked chics on my boat and a family pulls up well they knew what they were getting into and shouldnt complain. Basically it just comes down to the fact that most people dont have any respect for anyone else anymore. Hell I would rather shake hands with some guy and throw the football with his kids than see some douche bag take her top off.
Thats cool.... ;)

mickeyfinn
04-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Dayum!!!
I keep reading threads like this one and I understand more and more why California is in the shape it is in. I remember reading a thread almost identical to this one last year. People here talking about the sandbar when they were kids, it was a place for families with kids to go and enjoy the weekend. No binge drinking, no drugs (visible) and nowhere near the public nudity there is today. Then the party moved in and those who were there first had to move because they did not want to subject their kids to the activities that began taking place. Why did this happen? Because LE wasn't there to enforce laws that have been in effect for years. People keep saying " you know what goes on in the channel or on the sandbar, if you don't want your kids exposed to it then don't go" When do the people ever get rights? When do we get to put the family first. We have similar areas on our lake, however it kind of started in reverse. LE was aggressive and the party crowd found out of the way areas to go and have their party. When the party starts to move to far from this area LE will reign in back in. I personally believe that if the behaviour is illegal then LE should be stopping it anyway, although I do understand they are just as resource limited as everyone else. I have never been to the sandbar, the channel or havasu at all, but from what I have read here the families were their FIRST. They left because the crowd moved in and created an atmosphere the families did not want their kids exposed too. The idea of tolerance is what is killing california. I haven't been there but I would venture to guess that if the partying were to stop tomorrow and everyone could just show up without worrying what their kids would be exposed to that the families would outnumber the partying crowd, substantially. It seems very unfair to expect the families to go somewhere else and not be able to enjoy what seems to be one of the most popular areas because a few assholes refuse to control their behaviour. Seems to me what needs to happen is a minuteman project on the sandbar. Start a thread and have families sign up. Go to the sandbar together. The one or fifteen assholes are brave when the dad with a wife and two kids asks them to calm down or change their behavior. I suspect that the bravado will change substantially when it is the 30 dads with their wives and kids. Problem is that families show up in very small groups while the partying crews hook up with each other and even though they never met before that day act like lifetime friends. The families usually tend to stick with the group they showed up with and rather than start a fuss they just leave. I encourage you to get togeter and get to know each other and all of you agree that you will look after each other. If you see offensive behaviour get the whole group to attest to the fact it happened and call LE. If you would like to be nice, get the group together and as a group politely inform the offenders that their behaviour is unacceptable and that they either need to change or leave. I'll bet it would take long to get rid of them.
**** Although you may have to "throw them off the sandbar" once or twice in order to accomplish the goal. I applaud those of you who want to take back your enjoyment areas. If they don't like the fact they can stay and "play nice" then THEY can go and use the less desirable areas for their activities. Come on everyone stand up for family and the other values that made this country great and quit sitting our the fight because you are not sure you can win.
Thank you

Midlife Advantage
04-15-2005, 03:46 PM
A lot of good, intelligent responses on here in favor of NOT giving up the good locations for family to the dirtbags that want to do illegal acts. Moneypit - kudos, MickeyFinn, same. Wicky, you should just check out. If you want to smoke some weed or get a little crazy then you have to think about who it affects, simple as that. If you can do it without bothering someone, then fine! do it. but decency (and I emphasize it, cause its becoming scarce) should rule. Be decent humans dammit, otherwise you are a criminal.
There are fewer and fewer places on the lake that you can take a family to without encountering BS, so should we just find another lake? Hell no, people should have respect. :boxingguy

Midlife Advantage
04-15-2005, 03:49 PM
You got the right idea. From a younger person than myself, its nice to hear a decent intelligent response like that. PQB -If you see me in the channel someday flag me down and I'll buy you a beer.
Tim

Jetboatguru
04-15-2005, 04:15 PM
The best way to describe it would be like having two different movie theatres in your town. On one side of town you have the older delapidated theatre that is playing the latest and greatest movies. On the other side of town you have the new multiplex upscale theatre. It is in a nice area and you don't have seedy people milling around outside. You choose to go to the nicer one where you don't have to deal with punks.
It's like going to the Rocky Horror picture show. You know when you go to watch it, there are going to be knuckleheads dancing and screaming the whole time. So if you don't want that kind of environment you don't go there.

Havasu Hangin'
04-15-2005, 05:25 PM
The best way to describe it would be like having two different movie theatres in your town..
If you wanna see Jetboatguru types...hang around the porn theatres.
:supp:

Wicky
04-15-2005, 11:21 PM
I think each situation is isolated and it is by far in the minority.
Exactly!!!

Jrocket
04-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Hey there Wicky..one cell wonder... ya don't get and I wouldn't expect you to. So just check the activity in the channel in the next year or two. The city will do something about it, clean the whole place out. You'll show up scratchin your tangerine sized head and say "doh, where's my weed hook-up?"
Oh man that was a good one there!

Wicky
04-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Oh man that was a good one there!
Yes, yes it was. A little bit of over exaggeration though. A tangerine is doing me justice. Oh yeah, and that one cell, it went away. I'm officially cell-less!!! What's your excuse Jrocket? :rollside: :rollside:

hotlavey
04-23-2005, 02:10 PM
I wonder what the "you should have left" crowds response would be if this had happened at a public park, campground, or other public area. It seems as it is acceptable behavior to accept this sort of thing just because it's the Channel or the Sandbar. It's not. Granted, we, as parents are responsible for the protection of our children and to keep them out of harm's way, we are also responsible as citizens to stand up for, within legal boundries, what is right. By turning a blind eye to this sort of attitude, and allowing ourselves to be pushed further down the channel or further down the "road", in a way we are accepting this behavior and putting forth the message that it's ok.
As far as the LE response, they are entirely undermanned, underpayed, and under appreciated. Granted, they probably didn't handle this situation correctly, but they aren't perfect, and do make mistakes. Human nature,, ain't it a bitch....
How true. I'm one that is guilty of allowing those idiots to take over the channel, I stopped going there. My bad- I just got really fed up with the drunk punks, drunk females(I refuse to call them ladies), and their utter disregard for other folks. It seems as though, for a lot of them, boating is all about getting high, drunk, or naked. It is sad.

Jrocket
04-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Yes, yes it was. A little bit of over exaggeration though. A tangerine is doing me justice. Oh yeah, and that one cell, it went away. I'm officially cell-less!!! What's your excuse Jrocket? :rollside: :rollside:
Excuse for what,laughing at something that was flat out funny?

DEMOMAN
04-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Well said PQB. Back in the day the boys and I partied as hard as anyone, but I'll tell you this if a man and his family politely asked us to tone it down we did.

bigkatboat
04-25-2005, 08:24 AM
FRANK! see what you started! I live here and I like to get off work and go to the channel ANY DAY I CHOOSE TO DO SO. I try to NOT BREAK THE LAW, and I hope those around me do the same. When a person or group of people are BREAKING THE LAW and/or CREATING A DISTURBANCE in a PUBLIC PLACE, I feel my responcibility is to report the problem to LE. Often the 'trouble makers' have little to lose and if something did go wrong, (like a fight) my family and I could lose all that we have been working for. Why should the 'regular people' have to put up with the 'trouble makers'? If the 'trouble makers' are breaking the law, it should be enforced. If the 'trouble makers' are not breaking the law, I should either, 'get a tougher skin' or 'leave the area'. My feelings, family, children, pets, time of the month, and any other BS excuse, do not count. If the laws were enforced in the channel, it would be a better place/safer place to party. They need more trash cans too! The city needs to make a CLEAR LINE on it's law enforcement in the channel.