PDA

View Full Version : jacuzzi WJ oil?

far_right
04-14-2005, 08:10 PM
How do you add oil to a jacuzzi WJ pump? there is a zerk on top of the bowl, but other than that im stumped. I cant imangine pumpin the thing full of grease.

HOOTER SLED-
04-14-2005, 08:17 PM
One zerc on the outside, and one on the inside. That's it. Grease only. No oil.

far_right
04-14-2005, 08:22 PM
thanks for that help, but when you say inside, how far inside are you talkin' :D
IE: somewhere in the inspection cover?
:hammerhea

Floored
04-15-2005, 05:49 AM
the front bearing gets grease also, at the forward end of the pump. I give a couple pumps before going out and three or four when I get home.

oldbuck40
04-15-2005, 06:07 AM
one other thing i learned on a wj is look inside the end of the pump where the water comes out and there is a square head plug in the center. i was told and have done this too that if you pull this plug out at the end of the season and pump grease into the zerk on top of the bowl the grease will flush out any remaining water that was trapped in the bushing and keep any rust from building up on the end of the pump shaft. yea it takes a little bit of time to do this but it takes alot more time to rebuild a pump!

Floored
04-15-2005, 06:59 AM
maybe I'll pull the droop and check this out. I always grease after to push out any water, but an ounce of prevention!! :D

far_right
04-15-2005, 03:34 PM
thanks guys. im off to the lake to see if she runs! :crossx: