PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Tickets in OC

surfer2001
04-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Look out everybody, somethings going down. The cops are on a ticket writing rampage.

H20Advantage
04-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Saw at least 5 CHP Units working the 5 freeway south of the El Toro Y today.

carbonmarine
04-15-2005, 09:51 AM
I was just in Harbor Court in Newport Beach / Irvine....
The Judge say's... " California is $30 Billion in debt.... one way the state wishes
to eleviate its position of it is to tax the cities and also through policing the Hiways (CHP). The cities are paying a lot and thus they too are participating
in revenue policiing of their surface streets ... "
The judge warned that all jurisdictions are out there and VERY active. The courts are overwhelmed and as such just cycling people thru....
So the moral of the story is... Keep voting for those Democrates people as they will spend us all into this position everytime , time & time again ..
Rick32 :chi:

topless
04-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Maybe it's because of the freeway shootings lately.

RitcheyRch
04-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Doing the same in LA County

cdog
04-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Yep them bastards were in my neighborhood waiting at a stop sign for some one to do CA stop. WTF! CA will take take take untill there's nothing left to take. I can't wait to get the hell out of here. Soon there will be nothin left but asians and mexi's. How the hell will anyone communicate? And who will they tax and ticket to death then?

Havasu_Dreamin
04-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Yep them bastards were in my neighborhood waiting at a stop sign for some one to do CA stop. WTF!
Well, it's quite possible, not sure here, that they were there and were going to write a ticket for that because it's ILLEGAL!

beer hunter
04-15-2005, 12:48 PM
I guess I'll have to slow down a little then. I've only had one ticket in the last 18 years, but I'm still not ready for another one :cry:
Beer <--- likes to speed ---> Hunter

cdog
04-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Well, it's quite possible, not sure here, that they were there and were going to write a ticket for that because it's ILLEGAL!
First off the dick is in a neighborhood hiding out behind a tree so you can't see him from most angles. Not to mention as your coming down the st. you can hardly see him and to avoid hittling him you must go well into the turning lane untill you pass him. I passed him after his first ticket and had to drive into the oncoming traffic lane to pass. Come on, give me a damm break. He's trying to keep us safe right? Meanwhile he's creating a hazard situation by staking out CA stoppers in a 3 way stop in a neighborhood. I don't have anything against cops, infact I know many and respect them and what they do but this guy was being a pecker head. I know that's his job. But go and do it down the street where people are playing nascar driver up serrano at 65 MPH.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-15-2005, 01:16 PM
First off the dick is in a neighborhood hiding out behind a tree so you can't see him from most angles. Not to mention as your coming down the st. you can hardly see him and to avoid hittling him you must go well into the turning lane untill you pass him. I passed him after his first ticket and had to drive into the oncoming traffic lane to pass. Come on, give me a damm break. He's trying to keep us safe right? Meanwhile he's creating a hazard situation by staking out CA stoppers in a 3 way stop in a neighborhood. I don't have anything against cops, infact I know many and respect them and what they do but this guy was being a pecker head. I know that's his job. But go and do it down the street where people are playing nascar driver up serrano at 65 MPH.
So, he's a peckerhead for doing his job? :messedup:
What I don't understand, and I'm not singling you out in this so please don't take it that way, is why people bitch and complain about the police when it directly impacts them, speeding ticket, fix-it ticket etc. However, as soon as they want the police to do their job for their benefit, exra patrols for speeders in their neighborhood, tell the damn teenagers to turn down the loud music, they are all over them if they don't do anything. People can't have it both ways.

cdog
04-15-2005, 01:39 PM
So, he's a peckerhead for doing his job? :messedup:
What I don't understand, and I'm not singling you out in this so please don't take it that way, is why people bitch and complain about the police when it directly impacts them, speeding ticket, fix-it ticket etc. However, as soon as they want the police to do their job for their benefit, exra patrols for speeders in their neighborhood, tell the damn teenagers to turn down the loud music, they are all over them if they don't do anything. People can't have it both ways.
I have yet to need one. Who knows mabey someday. I take that back, I had some crack head trying to ram me off the 91 frwy oneday and no cops were there to help me out. I am annoyed by them locally because I live in a nice neighborhood and I have to listen to their stupid helecopter in the middle of the night. It's like living in the getto sometimes, because some jack hole wants to test out the chopper. And what the hell do you need a chopper for when breaking up a house party with a bunch of spoiled rich kids? Again I do respect officers. I am getting to the age where they tend not to pick on me like when I was younger, in fact I seem to be about the same age as a lot of them that I run into. Where I hold my beef is the fact that when I lived in Redlands and Yucaipa, i'd be on my way to work at 4AM and get a ticket for going 5-7 over the limit. Back then I could hardly afford the house payment let alone the damm ticket. Before you type the don't drive that fast or leave early'r deal realize that even you speed and break the law probably every day. It seems to me the more police presence on the streets, the more problems people have with them. And around here we don't need them very much. BTW this mostly applies to cycle cops.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Before you type the don't drive that fast or leave early'r deal realize that even you speed and break the law probably every day. It seems to me the more police presence on the streets, the more problems people have with them. And around here we don't need them very much. BTW this mostly applies to cycle cops.
Oh yeah, I do exceed the speed limit everyday. I don't know anyone who doesn't. We all know the risks and still choose to exceed the speeed limit. My problem is with people who know the law, know what can happen when you break the law if you get caught, and then bitch about getting a ticket. As an example, I got a ticket a few months back for what I consider to be a CS law, but I took my lumps because I was knowingly breaking the law and chose to take the risk.

77charger
04-15-2005, 01:54 PM
a stop sign means stop not roll thru it.You break the law you get a ticket if you dont break the law dont worry.
No i dont follow the law on speeding either but i know my risk.What is it these days just about everyone here thinks the rules dont apply to them and they are more superior. :confused:

roostwear
04-15-2005, 02:06 PM
It's your civic duty to stop and inform him (since he's obviously unaware) that his position is creating a potential hazard for motorists. He'll thank you for your concern......

CJ
04-15-2005, 09:53 PM
I have yet to need one. Who knows mabey someday. I take that back, I had some crack head trying to ram me off the 91 frwy oneday and no cops were there to help me out. I am annoyed by them locally because I live in a nice neighborhood and I have to listen to their stupid helecopter in the middle of the night. It's like living in the getto sometimes, because some jack hole wants to test out the chopper. And what the hell do you need a chopper for when breaking up a house party with a bunch of spoiled rich kids? Again I do respect officers. I am getting to the age where they tend not to pick on me like when I was younger, in fact I seem to be about the same age as a lot of them that I run into. Where I hold my beef is the fact that when I lived in Redlands and Yucaipa, i'd be on my way to work at 4AM and get a ticket for going 5-7 over the limit. Back then I could hardly afford the house payment let alone the damm ticket. Before you type the don't drive that fast or leave early'r deal realize that even you speed and break the law probably every day. It seems to me the more police presence on the streets, the more problems people have with them. And around here we don't need them very much. BTW this mostly applies to cycle cops.
CDog, I hear that damn copter all the time. Seems he has a friend in my neighborhood. It's like he flys over to wave or something.
And Serrano is tough. That damn dip near the school is a bitch.

Newcastle
04-16-2005, 06:39 AM
I really want to comment on this but I'll bite my tongue...

CJ
04-16-2005, 08:49 AM
I really want to comment on this but I'll bite my tongue...
Why, you the guy flying over? :eek:
I like that the cops are on Serrano. It has been a freeway since opening up! My kid can never walk to school in it's current condition . . . and we live a block from school.

cdog
04-16-2005, 08:52 AM
I like that the cops are on Serrano. It has been a freeway since opening up! My kid can never walk to school in it's current condition . . . and we live a block from school.
Well you know what I mean then. I'm not just raggin on the local po po. They should be all over serrano instead of sunset ridge and highland. Don't you agree?

Seriously?
04-16-2005, 09:04 AM
I like that the cops are on Serrano.
Me too! ;)

Newcastle
04-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Let's just say I've been up once or twice...and I doubt the helicopter is waking anybody up at 4am, considering it usually grounds at 3 and doesn't go back up til morning.

PBOCOP
04-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Dang pigs. I double as a double headed dickhead in this post since I both ride a bike at work and fly the bird at times as well.
The biggest point about this post that sticks out is that you never make everyone happy. The times they are out here writing those cheesy tickets or hiding in those areas, they are getting many many more people coming up to them or calling the station saying it is so nice having them here, it's about time they are here more often, and bring them back daily than there are people complaining. So no matter what you do, you can't satisfy everyone.
Yes, the bird is one of the best tools for those parties. It's those parties that turn into the biggest problems for officer safety reasons, etc. We've had many parties that turn to shit or find someone dead in the yard where that bird can coordinate the whole scene, vehicles leaving, people jumping fences, etc. Just cause you here him up there, doesn't mean he is just flying around for fun.
Dang pigs.

roostwear
04-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Just do what OPD did...bust EVERY party. Problem solved!

sam pioske
04-16-2005, 06:59 PM
As one of the first posters said it's the money stupid. Remind - my daughter inlaw duputy, son inlaw CHP they are on a power trip The best way to get a responce in this aera is a cat up a tree some one said long ago THE LAWS ARE TO PROTECT THE WEAK! Bull shit state has gone to hell.

dego red
04-16-2005, 07:30 PM
I really don't know how you get speeding tickets on your freeways, or should they be called bungways... I can't believe how slow they are, man soon you guy's can just park your cars and walk, you'll get there sooner. :p
red

CJ
04-17-2005, 08:23 AM
Let's just say I've been up once or twice...and I doubt the helicopter is waking anybody up at 4am, considering it usually grounds at 3 and doesn't go back up til morning.
Must not be PD then. This guy has been over us after sundown.
Cory, I semi-agree. Sunset Ridge is a small street, but hell, I can't keep the speed down going down there. I'm sure there are a few young drivers that have a little less will than me.
There are more than a few reasons we live in a safe neighborhood!

RiverToysJas
04-17-2005, 08:26 AM
a stop sign means stop not roll thru it.You break the law you get a ticket if you dont break the law dont worry.
No i dont follow the law on speeding either but i know my risk.What is it these days just about everyone here thinks the rules dont apply to them and they are more superior. :confused:
I agree COMPLETELY!!!!
RTJas :D

Wicky
04-17-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm going to staple a "***boat" business card to the back of my license next time I'm in Cali. Maybe that just might get me out of a ticket!!! :wink:

roostwear
04-17-2005, 09:04 AM
I really don't know how you get speeding tickets on your freeways, or should they be called bungways... I can't believe how slow they are, man soon you guy's can just park your cars and walk, you'll get there sooner. :p
red
At least we don't have to dodge moose on the highway!

Dr. Eagle
04-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Eh?

Wicky
04-17-2005, 10:19 AM
A twelver of Moosehead sounds kinda good right now.

Dr. Eagle
04-17-2005, 10:21 AM
A twelver of Moosehead sounds kinda good right now.
I'd say it's aboot time, eh?

Kilrtoy
04-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Damn cops doing there job. How dare they do such a thing....They need to be at the donut shops.........

Jdbuck
04-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Yep them bastards were in my neighborhood waiting at a stop sign for some one to do CA stop. WTF! CA will take take take untill there's nothing left to take. I can't wait to get the hell out of here. Soon there will be nothin left but asians and mexi's. How the hell will anyone communicate? And who will they tax and ticket to death then?
Apparently you do not like cops that much, or you would show a little more respect regardless whether they are motor cops, CHP, or whatever. The motor cops and CHP exist to slow people down and to reduce the number of injury traffic collisions. People think they know how to control a 3000 Lb vehicle as it travels down the road, well they don't and they mess up alot of peoples lives by being irresponsible.
Oh by the way, two officers who work for me, (you term them "BASTARDS") were shot last week making a routine traffic stop for a minor violation. So pardon me if I am a bit pissed that you think most officers are out there mainly to generate f'ing revenue for the state! :mad:

cdog
04-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Apparently you do not like cops that much, or you would show a little more respect regardless whether they are motor cops, CHP, or whatever. The motor cops and CHP exist to slow people down and to reduce the number of injury traffic collisions. People think they know how to control a 3000 Lb vehicle as it travels down the road, well they don't and they mess up alot of peoples lives by being irresponsible.
Oh by the way, two officers who work for me, (you term them "BASTARDS") were shot last week making a routine traffic stop for a minor violation. So pardon me if I am a bit pissed that you think most officers are out there mainly to generate f'ing revenue for the state! :mad:
Get over yourself bucko. If you don't know the tard I was talkin about how can you justify his actions. O I forgot your all on the same team. I know several officers that are good freinds, one that was even a LB Super. Every officer I know admits there are many weak links in the system. Take a chill pill and a cold shower. If you want to lump my comments along with these two guys that lost their lives go ahead if that makes you feel better but if you do so I can see where you are on the food chain. Did I ever type revenue?

Newcastle
04-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Get over yourself bucko. If you don't know the tard I was talkin about how can you justify his actions. O I forgot your all on the same team. I know several officers that are good freinds, one that was even a LB Super. Every officer I know admits there are many weak links in the system. Take a chill pill and a cold shower. If you want to lump my comments along with these two guys that lost their lives go ahead if that makes you feel better but if you do so I can see where you are on the food chain. Did I ever type revenue?
I always love how these cop threads get everyone so fired up.
Anyway, I'm not about pointing fingers or choosing sides, but I guarantee I do know the 'tard' you're referring to. I don't know the reason he sat in the residential intersection. I can tell you one thing. Cops don't get-off by writing cheesy tickets like rolling thru a stop sign. There's a bigger picture. Usually, it's because a citizen with nothing better to do called and complained to a sergeant about the # of people 'rolling thru stopsigns' or driving too fast. Maybe the cop was being 'visible' to the person that called...to deter people from rolling thru without stopping. Maybe the guy had a report to finish and was typing on a laptop, making those driving by think he was actually watching a stop sign. I know I've done it. Why not accomplish 2 things at once. Anyway, just keep in mind the big picture. They're not all out to screw everybody. I usually warn 90% of the people that get pulled over for minor violations, but that's how you make contacts and determine who actually need to go to jail.
Just a point of info...although Anaheim Hills is a relatively safe place, the traffic issues are huge. The # of fatal TC's out there are ridiculous. Quick story- about 3 months ago, 20 year old girlfriend in her car following 25 year old boyfriend near Serrano/Sunset Ridge. Guy driving too fast, hits a tree. Dead right there. Girlfriend witnessed everything. Neighbors call 911. I'm first on scene. Pretty crappy situation. Gives me another perspective on traffic issues. And again, I don't cite everybody, but lets face it, when most people get a warning, do you really think they take it to heart or just brush is off?
So cdog...I'm not trying to be a smart-azz...but if you have a lot of cop buddy's (and respect cops in general) how is it you refer to them as dicks, bastards, and peckerheads? I guess I was just raised to treat 'em with respect.

surfer2001
04-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Wow, this tread went in a different direction. Sorry about all the shait. Most of my in-laws are cops, and I’m here to tell you their just like everybody else.
I started this thread as a FYI kinda thing, but it seems to have turned into another Hot Boat pissing match. :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

cdog
04-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Anyway, I'm not about pointing fingers or choosing sides, but I guarantee I do know the 'tard' you're referring to. I don't know the reason he sat in the residential intersection. I can tell you one thing. Cops don't get-off by writing cheesy tickets like rolling thru a stop sign. There's a bigger picture. Usually, it's because a citizen with nothing better to do called and complained to a sergeant about the # of people 'rolling thru stopsigns' or driving too fast. Maybe the cop was being 'visible' to the person that called...to deter people from rolling thru without stopping. Maybe the guy had a report to finish and was typing on a laptop, making those driving by think he was actually watching a stop sign. I know I've done it. Why not accomplish 2 things at once. Anyway, just keep in mind the big picture. They're not all out to screw everybody. I usually warn 90% of the people that get pulled over for minor violations, but that's how you make contacts and determine who actually need to go to jail.
Just a point of info...although Anaheim Hills is a relatively safe place, the traffic issues are huge. The # of fatal TC's out there are ridiculous. Quick story- about 3 months ago, 20 year old girlfriend in her car following 25 year old boyfriend near Serrano/Sunset Ridge. Guy driving too fast, hits a tree. Dead right there. Girlfriend witnessed everything. Neighbors call 911. I'm first on scene. Pretty crappy situation. Gives me another perspective on traffic issues. And again, I don't cite everybody, but lets face it, when most people get a warning, do you really think they take it to heart or just brush is off?
So cdog...I'm not trying to be a smart-azz...but if you have a lot of cop buddy's (and respect cops in general) how is it you refer to them as dicks, bastards, and peckerheads? I guess I was just raised to treat 'em with respect.
I see your point. Sorry about the name calling. Ment to refer to this guy. Even though I was obeying the law and have had no problems here in AH. My grandfather was a fireman and my uncle was one of the head guys incharge of the torrance drug inforcement during the 80's and 90's. Plus many other freinds. But just as in my business there are many A holes. Respect is earned not givin. That is how I was raised. Being a cop does'nt make you a good/right guy. But being a good guy makes you a good cop. Regaurding this guy by my street. He was staking out the corner on a cycle waiting for someone to screw up. Not to mention in some what of sneaky way and was in the way of traffic. I would get a ticket for doing the same thing he was doing. To me that is not right and I think most would agree.

It's Only Money
04-18-2005, 01:30 PM
I can tell you that I've been on the short end of many citations when I was a young punk and finally I got it through my head to slow down, obey signs and take it a little gentler when driving. I can't say I don't speed along at 5 or ten above the limit on I-40 to Havasu or 5 above the limit on some city streets but I also know enough not to go flying down a residential street at 50+ like I see many a$$holes do barely pausing at stop signs and turning against a red light.
Cops - good ones and sometimes (rarely in my experience) not so good ones. But....if he was out there watching an intersection I'd bet it was for a good reason. Probably some older resident worried about the intersection and called it in. Maybe the young drivers in your neighborhood have had a few close calls and stationing a unit at that particular intersection gets some attention.
Traffic control is about being seen and about citing drivers who break the law. If we all obeyed the law there would be no need for LE would there?

CJ
04-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Somehow you bring up the only accident I know anything about. My friends were the ones who they guy crashed basically in their back yard and probably called 911. Not to disrespect the victim, but he was an idiot. Too fast is an understatement, I heard 80MPH and that dip is deadly at the speed limit. Then his buddies tell me that his car had no shocks. He was asking for trouble.

Kilrtoy
04-18-2005, 03:16 PM
He was staking out the corner on a cycle waiting for someone to screw up. Not to mention in some what of sneaky way and was in the way of traffic. I would get a ticket for doing the same thing he was doing. To me that is not right and I think most would agree.
GOD DAMN BASTARD, And to think he was actually doing the job he was paid for....
I DISAGREE, he was doing his job and you are complaining.....
Whats your point, Cuzz no one here is getting it........
So the CHP's who sit on the side of the I-40 or the I-10 are sneaky and since it is against the law to park there, THEY should get a ticket also.....
Please enlighten the board on the proper way to enforce the traffic laws of this state.....

cdog
04-18-2005, 03:39 PM
GOD DAMN BASTARD, And to think he was actually doing the job he was paid for....
I DISAGREE, he was doing his job and you are complaining.....
Whats your point, Cuzz no one here is getting it........
So the CHP's who sit on the side of the I-40 or the I-10 are sneaky and since it is against the law to park there, THEY should get a ticket also.....
Please enlighten the board on the proper way to enforce the traffic laws of this state.....
To do his job, he was in the way of traffic. I should not have to drive around a cop on the side of the road and drive into the next lane so he can sit there to hand out tickets to those who don't see him. Real simple concept.
Again there was another time where I was on my way to the brea mall and two cycle cops were up on the sidewalk clockin people on the corner of imperial and state college. Can I drive my bike up on the sidewalk and hang out. I'd bet not. I'd bet i'd get a ticket. You should have to follow the law inorder to inforce it. Unless there was some kind of circumstance like a car chase or riot. Trust me if you guys need to kick someones ass for actin up or use force i'm fine with that. But i've been on the shit end of a couple of crappy tickes because of some guy who was having a bad day. Bottom line is Rosco Peco Coletrain should have to be out in the open and follow the same rules as everyone else inorder to write tickets and if that means that he can't hide out in his super sneaky spot to be in the position to nail people then so be it.

hotlavey
04-18-2005, 04:55 PM
Are you serious??????

Tom Brown
04-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Extra police, eh? :idea:
I better back off to just the one dozen beers before I drive home from work.

Kilrtoy
04-18-2005, 05:05 PM
That is some funny shit, Good ole Rosce never caught anyone, so that is a poor analogy.
Well maybe you need to go down to the local PD and let them know how screwed up they are... Maybe then, you can invent the new and improved methods of enforcing tarffic laws.... Shit who knows maybe you will become a millionaire behind your ingenius ideas......

Tom Brown
04-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Maybe then, you can invent the new and improved methods of enforcing tarffic laws....
I think the idea is... give everyone a ticket... except me. :D
If the idea of being followed by a police car or pulling into a check stop freaks you out, you might want to think about what you're doing. :D

Jbb
04-18-2005, 05:25 PM
I think the idea is... give everyone a ticket... except me. :D
If the idea of being followed by a police car or pulling into a check stop freaks you out, you might want to think about what you're doing. :D
Look at Brown....All suckin up to the board cops....and shit.... :eat:

Tom Brown
04-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Look at Brown....All suckin up to the board cops....and shit.... :eat:
We have a guy up here named Jon Eakes who has a home improvement/repair TV show called, "Just Ask Jon Eakes". One day, he did a segment on how to dig a hole with a shop vac.