PDA

View Full Version : for the married/engaged

MsDrmr
04-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Being curious, having been married twice and not been purposed to in a huge romantic way (the 2nd one was a surprise and very nice, but not too romanitc) I was curious how yal purposed to your wives/fiance's

mirvin
04-15-2005, 12:53 PM
I had a big romantic thing all set up but the miss's was having none of it. She was in a foul mood and I was barely able to get her to go out. The whole time she was just beating me down....finally I just tossed the ring onto the table and said "you're not making this very easy".
She still feels terrible about the whole thing. Oh yeah, she said yes:hammerhea
mirvin :wink:

Havasu Hangin'
04-15-2005, 12:54 PM
At night...on one knee in Thomson Bay...
:D

Restless22
04-15-2005, 12:56 PM
I sprung the question at the end of a wooden dock at Dark Lake near Lake Tahoe. She had no clue!

tamalewagon
04-15-2005, 12:56 PM
I had a big romantic thing all set up but the miss's was having none of it. She was in a foul mood and I was barely able to get her to go out. The whole time she was just beating me down....finally I just tossed the ring onto the table and said "you're not making this very easy".
Holy Smokes Mirvin...your wife and my wife must be related! Sounds EXACTLY like my blissful evening. :eek:

charlyox
04-15-2005, 01:02 PM
She asked me. We are getting married in June.

Tremor Therapy
04-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Damn, I think the three of them must have been sisters! I took mine up to Palomar Mountain. It was a beuatiful day, sun was out, snow everywhere, and I thought I would take her to this meadow I knew about and propose there.
Well she bitched the entire way up the mountain how she didn't feel like I was committed to the relationship and blah-blah-blah. So I pulled over at the store at the top of the mountain, pulled a u-turn to head for home, and plopped the ring in her lap.
I don't think she stopped apologizing for the hour or so it took to get home....but it made for great sex! :devil:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-15-2005, 01:12 PM
We were having my entire family over for Christmas eve and I was kind of expecting him to propose then but instead on the day before, my husband was hiding in the curtains by the front door when I got home from work And he jumped out to scare me and was on one knee and I just looked at him like What the F*ck are you doing?!?!?!? It took me a few to realize what was going on.
Not real romantic but we are happily married so who cares. :p

Mike.A
04-15-2005, 01:13 PM
17 years ago, when I was still a pup,
Watched my moms house for the weekend, set up nice dinner & the whole bit.
Roses, one knee and everything. 17 years and 2 great kids later. I guess a little romance goes a long way... :D and still grinnin.

MsDrmr
04-15-2005, 01:26 PM
17 years ago, when I was still a pup,
Watched my moms house for the weekend, set up nice dinner & the whole bit.
Roses, one knee and everything. 17 years and 2 great kids later. I guess a little romance goes a long way... :D and still grinnin.
Well at least one went right so far....

jbtrailerjim
04-15-2005, 01:27 PM
I asked my wife over dinner at a restaurant. I was nervous as hell. I waited all the way till the end of dinner. I had already paid the check and everything. I was just stalling around and I could tell my wife was wondering why I was not ready to leave yet. Finally I said something like "I want to ask you something" then I slid the ring across the table, she opened it and I popped the question. It wasn't the most romantic way but she was definitely pleasantly surprised. We are happily married going on 7 years this August and have two wonderful children. :)

ratso
04-15-2005, 01:28 PM
I'll keep it simple.
1... She was working late and I prepared dinner for when she got home. She always liked a hot bath afterwards, so I had red and white rose petals in the hallway all the way to the master bath with bubble bath in the tub. She asked what the occasion was and I proposed right there.
2... In a bar.
3... In a domino hall that my grandpa owned.
4... On a bridge over a pool in a resort in Mexico.
5... We were in the shower together, I had her bent over on all fours and we were going at it. At about the right precise moment I held my hand out in front of her with this humongous ring and asked her to marry me. Of course anybody else that ever asked how I proposed, got a totally different story. :hammer2:

mirvin
04-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Ok, Tamalewagon and Tremor Therapy.....we can NEVER EVER have our wives in the same room.....Ok? Promise me now. THis is for our own safety :D
mirvin :supp:

Ziggy
04-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Well I kinda messed with my wifes head a little. We'd been dating for 3 years or so and the conversation had come up before...so on our dating anniversary we went to dinner at a nice place. Knowing my wife was kinda expecting a proposal I decided to wait and tease her a little thoughout the dinner.....I did not propose then. :D :D I could sense the disapointment at the end of the night.
Luckily I knew she had planned an evening on a dinner cruised in San Diego Bay for my birthday...(this was a few weeks later)....having this amunition I planned to pop the question during the dinner cruise.....After dinner we were sitting at the table and I said to her simply if I could have one more birthday wish(of course she assumed something naughty :D )....thats when I popped the question...saying that my most important birthday wish was for her to become my wife.....Come May it will have been 15 years of marraige.
Totally caught her off gaurd, just as I planned. :D :D

riverbound
04-15-2005, 01:48 PM
We use to go to dineyland alot, and my wife loved watching the fireworks in front of the castle. So we made our way to the castle and rigth beofre the fireworks I proposed. Not the most romantic but special at the time.

ROZ
04-15-2005, 02:06 PM
At night...on one knee in Thomson Bay...
:D
Were you able to reach your beer? :D

ROZ
04-15-2005, 02:08 PM
My wife asked me. It was more of a suggestion than a proposal.
Atleast it wasn't an ultimatum..... :D

mirvin
04-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Were you able to reach your beer? :D
He was wearing his trusty "hands free" trucker hat with the twin can mounts and dual loopy straws:p
That's how the wife knew something was up.... :rollside:
mirvin :220v:

Gman
04-15-2005, 02:12 PM
My family lives in Northern Ca. about 1hr south of Tahoe. I took her up there to my Sister and her husbands house, we walked in the snow to the end of the property way out in the middle of no where and as we watched the deer walk by I got down on one knee (yes in the snow) And proposed. She said yes and 10 years later.................She cheated on me I divoriced her and the ***** ended up with half my shit!!!! Have no desire to do that shit again!! :hammer2: :D

Restless22
04-15-2005, 02:18 PM
I'll keep it simple.
1... She was working late and I prepared dinner for when she got home. She always liked a hot bath afterwards, so I had red and white rose petals in the hallway all the way to the master bath with bubble bath in the tub. She asked what the occasion was and I proposed right there.
2... In a bar.
3... In a domino hall that my grandpa owned.
4... On a bridge over a pool in a resort in Mexico.
5... We were in the shower together, I had her bent over on all fours and we were going at it. At about the right precise moment I held my hand out in front of her with this humongous ring and asked her to marry me. Of course anybody else that ever asked how I proposed, got a totally different story. :hammer2:
:D Waz Up Ratso....

welk2party
04-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Took her to the restraunt (Very nice and romantic one...non-chain type) where we had our first date. At the the end of dinner got on one knee and she asked me if this was for real...then she said yes!

MsDrmr
04-15-2005, 02:30 PM
{quote}1... She was working late and I prepared dinner for when she got home. She always liked a hot bath afterwards, so I had red and white rose petals in the hallway all the way to the master bath with bubble bath in the tub. She asked what the occasion was and I proposed right there.{quote}
Thats so sweet, the fact that you even thought that up gives you mega pts.... :D

TJRiver
04-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Dinner at a nice hotel overlooking dana point harbor. It was a formal new years deal, so I was in my tux and she was in a black cocktail dress. Had a great 5 course dinner, and it was getting close to the magic hour. My wife to be than announces she was feeling a bit punk and wanted to go home. I told her I had to go use the head first. I was able to stall unitil about 5 minutes before midnight and then came back to the table, got on one knee and asked my best friend to marry me. She (only half jokingly) demanded to see the ring first...... Then said yes. We actually got a standing ovation from a dozen or so tables and danced till closing. The curative powers of that little rock were amazing. 14 years and so far, so great! Sometimes that marriage thing works out, even in So Cal.

JustMVG
04-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Well, my story gives new meaning to "talk about being under pressure". My fiance and I had been dating and I forgot to pay the light bill. The lights had been turned off and we were in our bedroom with the fiance being really upset we had no electricity. I had it all planned out to ask her to marry me but just then my oldest step daughter walked into the room and said "Alright already! Why don't you just ask her to marry you???!!"...we looked at each other and I got on one knee and popped the question....and she said I will marry you on one condition...and I asked what was that? She said "I hope that as long as we're married this (disconnection of electricity) doesn't happen.I promised her that if she married me it would not happen. It has been almost 5 years now and I have not let her down.
I am glad she "saw the light" in marrying me. Ha ha ha.That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

PlyaPlya22
04-15-2005, 02:44 PM
It kind of went like this:
Me: Is it mine??
Her: Yes
Me : Are you sure??
Her FOCK YOU!!
Me: I guess I have to marry you now.
J/K Sounded good :2purples:

Dave C
04-15-2005, 02:59 PM
you're what?..... are you sure? :notam:

purrfecttremor
04-15-2005, 03:18 PM
my son proposed to his girlfriend last summer in steamboat with six boats tied together both families and best friends all present.everyone knew it was comming but shana [girlfriend],film rolling toby kieth blasting and all of a sudden music shuts off daryl asks shana if shes drunk,she says no not yet but damit i was listening to that song,down on one knee he goes and pops the million dollar guestion and she just started bawling and says nothing,finaly
her mom says well? of course she said yes!!!!!!as you can tell both familys are very close.it was a very special day with a huge party to follow.
the wedding is august 6 at the arrowhead resort.300 people and another huge party!!!

ratso
04-15-2005, 03:45 PM
:D Waz Up Ratso....
Where the heck ya'll been man??? :D

ratso
04-15-2005, 03:48 PM
My family lives in Northern Ca. about 1hr south of Tahoe. I took her up there to my Sister and her husbands house, we walked in the snow to the end of the property way out in the middle of no where and as we watched the deer walk by I got down on one knee (yes in the snow) And proposed. She said yes and 10 years later.................She cheated on me I divoriced her and the ***** ended up with half my shit!!!! Have no desire to do that shit again!! :hammer2: :D
LMAO :hammerhea :D

Tahiti350
04-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Here we go, BTW I'm 2 for 3...
#1. April Fools day 1988, in bed after dinner and sex, asked her to marry me, she said yes, and we went ring shopping the next day. Managed 6 1/2 yrs before we couldn't stand each other any more. Divorce was the 2nd best thing that has ever happened to me. Told her just before the divorce was final "April Fools!!!", She didn't laugh. :eat:
#2. January 2002, had been dating for over 2 1/2 years, me driving 600 miles round trip from Tacoma, Wa to Southern Oregon every couple of weeks to see her. Nice dinner in a quite Italian resterant, finished dinner and told her I had something for her, she said I didn't have to buy her "things". I Dropped to one knee, and set the ring box on the table, She asked "what are you doing?". I said " Will you Marry me?" She looked at me looked at the ring, and said "Oh". After talking about it for about 15 minutes, and watching her look at and play with the ring, she said " let's wait until you retire and see how it goes". I took the ring back, and told her I would keep it until she was ready. I called a couple of weeks later to see if I could come down and see her, she made some lame excuse about having to go see her brother or something, I told her to call me when she had time for me, and haven't talked to her since. Her loss!! :hammer2:
#3. Lived together for almost a year, she moved out after a fight and started seeing someone else, I called and told her he was a real loser, and that she needed to move back in, after some long talks and being threatened by the "new " boyfriend, she came back. I told her that I would would only ask her "the question" once, and when I did, if she said yes, we would get the license that day and get married as soon as the 72 hour clock finished. Went out to dinner with her parents a few nights later, 3 April 2003. Steakhouse, live band, flowers, got down on one knee after dinner and asked her to marry me and gave her the ring, she said yes, her mom started crying, we got the license the next morning, and were married on 7 April at work by a friend who pastor's at a local church. Had our Formal wedding on 19 July 2003, with family and friends, and the same pastor. It's been a little over 2 years, and, except for the ocasional "tiff" we are doing great (I think, will let her add her .02 worth below). This lady is the best thing that has happened to me yet!!! :cool:
Her comments> *Some people can't believe we got married so fast. We had been talking about getting married in November of '02 while he was overseas. When he got back we got cold feet. That's one of the reasons why I moved out for a while. We got married so quickly because he said he didn't want to loose me again. I am still glad to this day that we got married and glad that I found someone who could tolerate my family. :D
We've been together for 3 years and married for two.
(Just my .02 cents) Mrs. Tahiti 350
P.S. for him: Thanks Babe!!! :D :D

MAINEVENT
04-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Being curious, having been married twice and not been purposed to in a huge romantic way (the 2nd one was a surprise and very nice, but not too romanitc) I was curious how yal purposed to your wives/fiance's
On one knee, on a gondola, floatin around Naples Island in Seal Beach, popped the question while the guy was seranading a song then after she said yes :D took her out for a nice dinner at Parker's Light House....

mirvin
04-15-2005, 04:30 PM
On one knee, on a gondola, floatin around Naples Island in Seal Beach, popped the question while the guy was seranading a song then after she said yes :D took her out for a nice dinner at Parker's Light House....
I've done that!! It was pretty cool. Very romantic:sleeping: and the chicks diggit :D Ok at least my wife enjoyed it......
mirvin :jawdrop:

Ziggy
04-15-2005, 04:55 PM
I've done that!! It was pretty cool. Very romantic:sleeping: and the chicks diggit :D Ok at least my wife enjoyed it......
mirvin :jawdrop:
So you're saying the other chicks didn't like it? :D :D :D

Dribble
04-15-2005, 05:04 PM
I finally relented and said OK, now let me finish this program.
That was 20 years ago.

mrstittiesandbeer
04-15-2005, 05:32 PM
oh, there you are! You think you were trapped, just wait til I get home :hammerhea

Mardonzi
04-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Our Proposal....
Me on Sunday Evening; What are you doing tomorrow
Her; Nothing, just going to work.
Me; Is is going to be busy or slow.
Her; slow
Me; Ok, lets take a long lunch and get married.
Her; Ok, But I have to stop off at the store on the way home
Me; I'll meet you at the courthouse at 11 am..
And the rest is HISTORY
Romantic Bastard that I am

RVRGIRL
04-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Mike popped the question on September 2, 2004. We were vacationing at our river house in Parker, AZ. I had been waiting for him 2 ask me for at least 6 months. He had the ring, but wanted 2 wait for the Perfect time. Well he decided that Labor Day weekend would be a good time. So he took me out to Parker a day early before all of our friends would be arriving. Mike was very low key, that evening. I really didn't have much of an idea. Seemed like any other evening. So later in the evening I went in 2 take a shower and get ready for bed. Well a while later I came out into the living with my PJ's and a towel around my head. Well as I was just going 2 go outside Mike said he needed 2 tell me something important. He had a letter and a box in his hands. Well as he started reading the letter, I decided that I should be sitting down, not standing up "frozen". It was the sweetest letter and most romantic letter that he has ever given to me. I loved how everything turned out. I really feel that it isn't how you pop the question, but where. This river has very special meaning because his grandfather and sons and several other family members built this house from the ground up. Mike wanted his proposal 2 me 2 be in his grandparents family home since this is a very special place. This house means something to both of us now. Well long story short. Mike got into position, he just kneel and read and ask. Then I cried and said I DO!!!
Getting married Sept 24, 05

Jordy
04-15-2005, 07:09 PM
feb 18th 2005
Damn, Feb. 14th I was told our relationship was fukked and had been for a year. Of course this is after dinner and flowers and a sweet card. I never actually proposed and still have a mondo daddy ring in my posession. :D
So what are we doing for our birthday???? :D

mike37
04-15-2005, 07:16 PM
on feb 14th I didn't even get a valentine's day. he was "on business" I guess on business means down is san diego in a hotel f-ing my best friend buying her tiffany's jewelry for valentines day... damndang that sucks

ahhell
04-15-2005, 07:22 PM
I cant remember...it was 20 years ago... :rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
04-15-2005, 07:25 PM
I was curious how yal purposed to your wives/fiance's
I forgot... it's been too long ago...

ahhell
04-15-2005, 07:28 PM
ok i asked the wife and she said that we sat down and came to a muatal agreement...she tells me what to do and I agree.... :rollside:

ahhell
04-15-2005, 07:34 PM
HA i got 27 under the belt :cry: :cry:
Who gets the prize you or the Mrs.????....LOL

Dr. Eagle
04-15-2005, 07:44 PM
I cant remember...it was 20 years ago... :rolleyes:
I am afraid I have 10 years of marital dimentia on you... :supp: :hammer2:

MsDrmr
04-15-2005, 07:47 PM
We had just bought our new house, and my parents had helped us out a bit, so the mr decided we should take them out to dinner to thank them for their help in moving. So we went to Roadhouse Grill in Riverside with my parents and my son. We had dinner and sat around drinking and had some desert. Just before we were ready to leave, mr stood up and asked I would do the honors of becoming his wife....I said yes and four months later we were married (two yrs dating).
We would have been married for three years Sep. 21st :confused:

cdog
04-15-2005, 07:53 PM
Took her to Maui and did the deed at the seven pools on the road to hana. We had a moment. I think thats what its all about.

Badger301
04-15-2005, 08:16 PM
She gave me the reciept from the store she put the ring on lay-away at. 10 years later still going strong....unless she walks in a gives me a reciept for a deposit on a laywer.

doesitfloat?
04-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Asked her at a niner game on the scoreboard. When the message appeared, I told her to look at the scoreboard. She was reading it (it even said her last name) but not really "getting it"...kind of like a, "Oh, that's nice...someone is proposing to someone" look. Simultaneously, I am snapping a pic of the scoreboard, busting out the ring, and getting on one knee. I guess the very subtle combination me on my knee, a diamond ring in my hand, and her full name on the scoreboard was just enough for her to realize that it was for her. I say "will you marry me" and, being the classy lady that she is, she simply responds, "Holy sh!t"...loud enough for the entire section to hear. Since the section is now laughing and my knee is starting to soak up all of the beer that didn't quite make it to her mouth, I ask her again. Same response. At this point, this old geezer next to her leans over and said, "Well honey, is that a holy sh!t YES or a holy sh!t NO?" Everyone crying with laughter, she said YES.

clownpuncher
04-15-2005, 08:59 PM
I posted this thread a while back. Been married a while now.
From Oct 31, 2003...................................
Well, I almost didn't get the chance to do the whole thing due to the fires. I had scheduled vacation days so I wasn't really threatened with going to the fires, but, there was a small chance that my vacation would be cancelled to backfill for the guys that did go. I didn't get a call from the Battalion Chief by Tuesday afternoon, so off to the river
We checked in at the Blue Water late Tuesday night. After picking up our boat near La Paz and launching and checking in it was 10:00PM. We had Jack and coke until about 1 AM.
First thing Wednesday morning I snuck out and "borrowed" a couple of champagne glasses from the bar upstairs. I iced the Dom and hid the cooler under some chairs in the boat. I look up at the and the sun was missing. I noticed the sky was filled with smoke and ashes from the fires.
A little after noon we head out and start boating. Heading upriver we stop at Road Runner for a couple of beers and lunch.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536Jayme_at_roadrunner-med.jpg
The weather wasn't much for sunning so we just cruised the river. Passed the boat cop about four different times. We decide to stop at Fox's for a beer then back on the boat.
By this time, 3:30, it's happy hour at Road Runner. Now we're feelin good and I order a Cadillac Margarita. Or was it three?
I really wanted a sunset to do my deal, but, with the smoke and ash it wasn't going to happen. We decide to haul ass back to the Blue Water and anchor/float/drink. Jayme's feelin GREAT by now
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536Jayme_kissing_sky-med.jpg
As we're floating I ask her if she want's some champagne. She looks at me like "WTF"? I usually do beer or Jack Daniels or Jaeger. So she says sure she love some. Now we're both feeling goooooood.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536Jamye_Dom_bottle-med.jpg
After we finish that bottle, she says "got any more champagne?" I say F%^K yeah. She thought I was kidding
By now we're getting loose and our eyes are burning from the smoke and ash. I decide, what better time to propose?
So I do, and she says yes
The second cork is popped and now I'm officially engaged
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536Jayme_ring_2-med.jpg

MsDrmr
04-16-2005, 08:04 AM
I posted this thread a while back. Been married a while now.
From Oct 31, 2003...................................
Well, I almost didn't get the chance to do the whole thing due to the fires. I had scheduled vacation days so I wasn't really threatened with going to the fires, but, there was a small chance that my vacation would be cancelled to backfill for the guys that did go. I didn't get a call from the Battalion Chief by Tuesday afternoon, so off to the river
We checked in at the Blue Water late Tuesday night. After picking up our boat near La Paz and launching and checking in it was 10:00PM. We had Jack and coke until about 1 AM.
First thing Wednesday morning I snuck out and "borrowed" a couple of champagne glasses from the bar upstairs. I iced the Dom and hid the cooler under some chairs in the boat. I look up at the and the sun was missing. I noticed the sky was filled with smoke and ashes from the fires.
A little after noon we head out and start boating. Heading upriver we stop at Road Runner for a couple of beers and lunch.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536Jayme_at_roadrunner-med.jpg
The weather wasn't much for sunning so we just cruised the river. Passed the boat cop about four different times. We decide to stop at Fox's for a beer then back on the boat.
By this time, 3:30, it's happy hour at Road Runner. Now we're feelin good and I order a Cadillac Margarita. Or was it three?
I really wanted a sunset to do my deal, but, with the smoke and ash it wasn't going to happen. We decide to haul ass back to the Blue Water and anchor/float/drink. Jayme's feelin GREAT by now
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536Jayme_kissing_sky-med.jpg
As we're floating I ask her if she want's some champagne. She looks at me like "WTF"? I usually do beer or Jack Daniels or Jaeger. So she says sure she love some. Now we're both feeling goooooood.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536Jamye_Dom_bottle-med.jpg
After we finish that bottle, she says "got any more champagne?" I say F%^K yeah. She thought I was kidding
By now we're getting loose and our eyes are burning from the smoke and ash. I decide, what better time to propose?
So I do, and she says yes
The second cork is popped and now I'm officially engaged
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/536Jayme_ring_2-med.jpg
Did it take all the alcohol for her to say yes...or did it take all of that for you to ask her? :rolleyes:

BiggusJimbus
04-16-2005, 08:49 AM
HA i got 27 under the belt :cry: :cry:
Dang, I bet you had a huge line of women waiting to propose to you... :2purples: :eek: :2purples: :cry: