PDA

View Full Version : Spam Vertex Mag/Wires

Squeezing Spectra
04-15-2005, 03:52 PM
I have a very nice used vertex mag with moroso solid core wires bronze drive gear and wire cover $275. Thanks Bruce

Lookin for Liquid
04-15-2005, 04:03 PM
I have a very nice used vertex mag with moroso solid core wires bronze drive gear and wire cover $275. Thanks Bruce
After his sells, I have one as well, same price.

Fiat48
04-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Must be raining vertex's. Check pm's I need one.

eraser
04-15-2005, 08:13 PM
crap, where were you guys 3 months ago? :confused: :confused: :confused: needless to say I spent a little bit more than that for a new one. :squiggle: :squiggle: :D :D :D

Sangster
04-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Eraser... If I had your Money... I'd throw mine Away.... :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

GofastRacer
04-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Dang that's a heck of a deal since they're almost $600 new without wires!.. :cool:

eraser
04-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Eraser... If I had your Money... I'd throw mine Away.... :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: WHAT MONEY !!!!!! :eek: :eek: :2purples: :wink: :wink: :D :D

Hallett
04-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Bruce check your mail box.

83nordic
04-17-2005, 02:12 PM
I need one, if either one is left. Drop me a pm please.
Thanks
John

olbiezer
04-17-2005, 03:27 PM
hey guys just a dumb question from the machanicaly imparied. tell me what the difference is between and mag and distributer and advantages of each thanks.

Fiat48
04-17-2005, 05:20 PM
Mag makes it own power. Self contained unit that generates electricity and no battery required. Simple, dependable and no battery drain. But mags generally have lower spark output at cranking speed than today's hot ignitions.
Regular distributor requires a battery and thus a charging system. More spark at cranking.
At higher rpm the debate still brews about which one has the most spark. Some say mag and some say MSD type igntion systems.

olbiezer
04-17-2005, 05:33 PM
thanks fiat, got a barron sprint circle boat with no altinator just charge the battery after each trip was wondering if mag was way to go or not.

GofastRacer
04-17-2005, 06:58 PM
thanks fiat, got a barron sprint circle boat with no altinator just charge the battery after each trip was wondering if mag was way to go or not.
I been running the same mag for 20 years(it was used when I got it) and I finally had to have it serviced, costed $200 and now it's good for another 20+ years!.. I used it in my ski and race boat and I can go a whole weekend without charging the battery whether I'm at a race or pulling skiers all weekend. I've never had an alternator in a boat!..

olbiezer
04-17-2005, 08:33 PM
thanks art, will the motor pull down my battery if i run too much during a outing? and if i had a mag it would not do that i take it. thanks again

Squeezing Spectra
04-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Mag is sold guys.
Thanks Bruce

GofastRacer
04-17-2005, 09:05 PM
thanks art, will the motor pull down my battery if i run too much during a outing? and if i had a mag it would not do that i take it. thanks again
As stated above it makes it's own power, the more rpm's the better the spark, once the motor is running the battery is just going along for the ride, it's only used to start the motor!..

superdave013
04-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Mag is sold guys.
Thanks Bruce
Hey Bruce, I'll take the mag, check your PM's :cool:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-17-2005, 09:53 PM
i have a mag for sell as well. i think its a mallory.pm me.

Moneypitt
04-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Basicly a mag is 24K.....
24K everytime......Idle=24K......10,000rpm=24K.......P eroid........This means plugs NEVER wear out......Period.........The difference in current with any other system creates a varible in breaker current as the Rs change and the "soak" time of the condenser/compasitor changes it creates a "politarity" on one side of the "switch", be it points, or a magnetic pick up..A mag, actually is a pulse generator, creates the EXACT same current, every time, idle, or a kazillion RPMs, the actual/factual, voltage remains THE SAME.....EACH TIME, EVERY TIME.............NO other ignition system can do this....They can be better at a given RPM. They can be stronger at a times, but they can't create the "constant" current that a good old, 100 year old technogy, mag can deliver.......Period.................MP
Oh yeah, Roemanboy, eatshit!!

olbiezer
04-17-2005, 10:04 PM
thanks money good explanation.......who is romanboy anyway .....i see alot of people are upset with the dude.

Moneypitt
04-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Olbiezer, I kinda got carried away with that. I sent him a PM , he sent me one, and I have responded...My issue was the negative remarks, to me, and to others. I told him so, and I will attempt to play well with others and go back to the respectfull person I CAN be......Maybe he CAN as well.........MP

olbiezer
04-18-2005, 05:03 PM
hey thats cool with me money i was just wondering what was up there. sounds good ..... playing well with others is nice lol

obnoxious001
04-19-2005, 07:17 AM
I have a Vertex with an adjustable collar so it could be run with short or tall deck, black Mallory wires, and a spare new cap. PM or email me at agt001@aol.com

emjay
04-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Basicly a mag is 24K.....
24K everytime......Idle=24K......10,000rpm=24K.......P eroid........This means plugs NEVER wear out......Period.........The difference in current with any other system creates a varible in breaker current as the Rs change and the "soak" time of the condenser/compasitor changes it creates a "politarity" on one side of the "switch", be it points, or a magnetic pick up..A mag, actually is a pulse generator, creates the EXACT same current, every time, idle, or a kazillion RPMs, the actual/factual, voltage remains THE SAME.....EACH TIME, EVERY TIME.............NO other ignition system can do this....They can be better at a given RPM. They can be stronger at a times, but they can't create the "constant" current that a good old, 100 year old technogy, mag can deliver.......Period.................MP
Just a warning to those who haven't handled one before...
As stated, a mag generates it's own energy.
Don't hold one & " hand spin" the gear while touching any wires.
You'll get ZZZAAAPPP!!!! (been there, done that... ONCE!)

superdave013
04-20-2005, 08:32 AM
Just a warning to those who haven't handled one before...
As stated, a mag generates it's own energy.
Don't hold one & " hand spin" the gear while touching any wires.
You'll get ZZZAAAPPP!!!! (been there, done that... ONCE!)
I zapped the wife like that once. "Hey babe, hold this while I check this puppy out." ZAPPPPPPPPPPP! "right on, no need to send it to Zig" :D

GofastRacer
04-20-2005, 10:05 AM
I zapped the wife like that once. "Hey babe, hold this while I check this puppy out." ZAPPPPPPPPPPP! "right on, no need to send it to Zig" :D
LMFAO!.. :D :D :D

olbiezer
04-20-2005, 12:59 PM
now the question is did u do it on purpose? dont lie to us now.
new mag 600 dollars
look on wifes face when u shoked her....priceless!