PDA

View Full Version : Fender racks

phebus
04-15-2005, 04:46 PM
I would like to buy some fender racks to mount in my engine compartment. Does anyone know a company that sells them? I saw several boats at the L.A. boat show with them, but don't know if they were built in house, or if there is a company manufacturing them.
Thanks

Mandelon
04-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Try West Marine. They won't be billet blingy, but simple chrome ones probably. Also ads in the back of Boating magazine, I've seen em there.

Ziggy
04-15-2005, 05:06 PM
When I first saw the thread only one picture came to mind....Thurston Howells yacht and those gigantic bumper carriers they mount on the rails. :supp:
But I have to admit I have thought about putting some back by the engine too. ;) Neat and orderly.
I think Mandy has offered up the right places--West Marine is good for that kinda dealio.

phebus
04-15-2005, 05:10 PM
All the DCB's had them, but I'm sure they were made in house, but I did see other manufacturers with them. I may just make some myself out of some polyurethane, but it could gey costly. Sometimes it's just cheaper to buy them. That is if I can find a good source.

Havasu Hangin'
04-15-2005, 05:23 PM
i think Carols makes them.
They are just some covered wood...but since they are in a DCB, expect to pay a couple thousand dollars. :supp: