PDA

View Full Version : DCB's New F-29 First Peak

Charley
09-08-2002, 08:20 PM
The Cat's out of the bag now!! here are 2 shots of the nearly completed DCB F-29 plug... I don't know about you guys but... I WANT ONE :D :D :D remember it's just the plug
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/110.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/225.JPG

Boatjob
09-08-2002, 08:34 PM
Charley-
I have to agree on that one...I WANT ONE!!!
I was down at the shop last week getting props and I got a viewing of the 29 ft. beauty. Damn it looks good. I think it might be time to trade in the Mach 26 for it's big brother.... I talked prices with Dave for a while, and it's very reasonably priced, that is with either twin 300x's and twin 496HO's. Either way it would be a sweet setup. So ya really thinking about getting one???
Kevin

Charley
09-08-2002, 09:25 PM
Boatjob:
Charley-
I have to agree on that one...I WANT ONE!!!
I was down at the shop last week getting props and I got a viewing of the 29 ft. beauty. Damn it looks good. I think it might be time to trade in the Mach 26 for it's big brother.... I talked prices with Dave for a while, and it's very reasonably priced, that is with either twin 300x's and twin 496HO's. Either way it would be a sweet setup. So ya really thinking about getting one???
KevinI can't say for sure yet.... the ball is in Dave's court...I will say this much... if he pulls through and officially validates the tenative offer he made me last week... I will be a very Happy DCB owner :D :D :D ..., and he is going to get massive Good PR from me around these boards, If he decides that the deal can't happen for whatever reason, I'm not sure what I will be.... likely :( :confused: :mad:

Washed Ashore
09-09-2002, 06:41 AM
Charley,thats a sweet boat!!but 496ho's are you kidding?we have seen pic's of the old boat,maybe twin quad's :DIt looks like the plug needs alot more work(bottom)can you wait that long?

Charley
09-09-2002, 07:08 AM
MMM... waiting does suck, but look at it hehehe...btw I never said 496's......boatjob did hehehehe :D

Steamin' Rice
09-09-2002, 08:12 AM
Looks like it will be nice....Hope it all works out for you Charley

TOBTEK
09-09-2002, 08:45 AM
Any clue on how long it will be untill the new 29 is done? looks like their almost ready for molds...Maybe I should wait on my 22 and get a used 26. With this new 29 comming, wont that OLD 26 be softer on the market place? J/K :D

Screaming Pete
09-09-2002, 10:12 AM
If anyone out thier has a mach 26 w/ twim 300's I'm looking :cool:

Charley
09-09-2002, 11:10 AM
Screaming Pete:
If anyone out thier has a mach 26 w/ twim 300's I'm looking :cool: I think Conquest has a trade in....26 with 2 x 2.5's low 80's....good luck

Screaming Pete
09-09-2002, 12:01 PM
Charley is that the red and yellow one with the tan interior?

TOBTEK
09-09-2002, 12:59 PM
Screaming Pete:
If anyone out thier has a mach 26 w/ twim 300's I'm looking :cool: PETE...have you seen the 26 with twin 2.5's on the online boat trader? (white with yellow & red design) Not 300's but its sweet! buy it, and you can make me a deal on yours!!!!!!! How was your weekend at Yuma? mine was real NEAT on the couch AGAIN :rolleyes:

Screaming Pete
09-09-2002, 02:40 PM
Tobtek, check the martinez lake thread for the run down on the weekend, I know of the boat it has a tan interior i belive and is a very very nice ride might be going out the weekend of the 28th I'll let U know

WetWillie
09-09-2002, 07:08 PM
WOW......WOW,
Charley obviously someone has some big pull with Dave. When I was in thier he showed us the boat and one of my buddys had a cell phone in his hand. Dave said to him. Hey no pics! I wanna release this baby myself... Charley obviously you got the Mojoe....damn!
I want one!!! But I will want to use it in the lower colorado area until I can build my house in needles across the street from Charleys house!! hahaha wink . That would realy screw the view! :mad: :mad:
Dave said the boat is just toooo big for that area! Oh what to do!
WW :D :confused:

Washed Ashore
09-09-2002, 08:29 PM
Charley,just tell me it's not egg beaters,and don't forget about the F26!!I have mine,It's a co-op between me(Smooth as glass,fiberglass repair)& DCB racing.I will have cold dinner's all winter!!!The F29 is sweet,but twice of every thing,motor's,drives,ect.To much $$$ for me,but if you can swing it,knock it out of the park!!

Charley
09-10-2002, 02:56 PM
WetWillie:
WOW......WOW,
Charley obviously someone has some big pull with Dave. When I was in thier he showed us the boat and one of my buddys had a cell phone in his hand. Dave said to him. Hey no pics! I wanna release this baby myself... Charley obviously you got the Mojoe....damn!
I want one!!! But I will want to use it in the lower colorado area until I can build my house in needles across the street from Charleys house!! hahaha wink . That would realy screw the view! :mad: :mad:
Dave said the boat is just toooo big for that area! Oh what to do!
WW :D :confused: hmmm maybe he could put one together as a jet hehehehe :D

Froggystyle
09-10-2002, 03:09 PM
Charley:
hmmm maybe he could put one together as a jet hehehehe :D Now you are talking!

aharonr34
09-25-2002, 12:56 PM
nice ride looks good i was in love with the eliminator 26 daytona but... starting to like dcb a bit more where are they located ?

Reaper1
09-25-2002, 01:12 PM
http://www.dcbracing.com/

Charley
09-25-2002, 09:01 PM
I think the DCB definitely can give the Eliminator a run for the money on looks :D
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/261.JPG

Charley
09-25-2002, 09:02 PM
and http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/26-4.JPG

mbrown2
09-25-2002, 09:52 PM
I think Eliminator has some catching up to do on the looks...personal preference,yes..but that F26 rig is sweet...and the lines really connect from the deck to the hatch..

TOBTEK
09-25-2002, 10:44 PM
THAT IS AWESOME! I want one when I grow up and get a real job! thats the best looking boat ive seen in a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andy01
09-25-2002, 11:17 PM
Nice looking boat, one of the best I have seen. But then again it is a DCB so what would you expect. Hey Charlie I think I e-mailed you my numbers give me a call when you get a chance.
Andy

Charley
09-26-2002, 07:21 AM
What do you guys think of that paint scheme? be honest... it's on my list :D

TOBTEK
09-26-2002, 07:25 AM
Charley:
What do you guys think of that paint scheme? be honest... it's on my list :D LOVE IT! its also on my list...that boat is awesome....

mbrown2
09-26-2002, 07:53 AM
Charley:
What do you guys think of that paint scheme? be honest... it's on my list :D I think they look pretty cool. I remember skater doing this graphic style on their boats in the last couple of years, and then Eliminator started showing up with the oval as well on the canopy models...DCB has tweaked it little more with the edges(cool)...If you have not done so already...go to www.racelinedigital.com; (http://www.racelinedigital.com;) in the offshore series section they have a couple of graphics based off this style of scheme...no spam since I know you are not going to use vinyl, but it is a cool site to get a sense what the diff graphics look like on the side of the boat.

THOR
09-26-2002, 08:33 AM
Charley:
What do you guys think of that paint scheme? be honest... it's on my list :D Not my cup of tea Charley.

Steamin' Rice
09-26-2002, 09:01 AM
Charley:
What do you guys think of that paint scheme? be honest... it's on my list :D Hey Charley,
I like they way that graphic looks, except I'm not too sure if I like the jagged edges on the stripes or not. I'm sure they could grow on me, though.
Picking the graphics is pretty hard to do, good luck!!

Reaper1
09-26-2002, 09:41 AM
Charley, from you we expect something original, something innovative, creative. Like your last ride. Be the graphic trend setter. wink

Havasu Cig
09-26-2002, 01:50 PM
Charley,
I would also add my opinion as to the nav lights on the sponsons on the above boat. I think they are ugly just like Eliminators. I would go with the olsd style pole mounted lights. That is the first DCB I have seen with them.
Good luck on the paint scheme, it took us along time to come up with the design on our second boat. We must have drawn at least 50 different schemes until we came up with one we liked.

XTRM22
09-27-2002, 09:22 AM
Hey Charley, I think those graphics are very cool, but Reaper1 might be right, after your 26'Mach people are expecting something uniqyue from you. You better get it figured out and working soon, I got a good picture of a young guy with your last name driving a DCB Vee and looking like he could get used to it! (you know if it was about 80mph faster) :D
Chuck

Horsepowerchik
09-27-2002, 09:38 AM
That THING IS BADDD. I (personal opinion) like the looks of DCB rather than Elim. But, thats jut my Bias.
HP(Still Drooling)Chik

WetWillie
09-27-2002, 04:00 PM
Charley,
I think the boat looks bitchen! It seemed original to me! Then I started notice other boates mostly Eliminator race boats with the same design on them! BUT it still looks trick!
I personally think you can come up with something
a little bit more cutting edge!!
Good luck and cant wait to see the design!
WW :D

Jrocket
09-27-2002, 07:17 PM
Charley:
What do you guys think of that paint scheme? be honest... it's on my list :D OK but you asked...You can do better Charley.Those lines dont do anything for me.They dont seem to flow or contour to the lines of the boat.I would keep looking and thinking of something else.....Sorry Charley...Hey that was,ahhhhhh......nevermind.
BTW,was that Troy's boat?

Charley
09-29-2002, 08:36 PM
XTRM22:
Hey Charley, I think those graphics are very cool, but Reaper1 might be right, after your 26'Mach people are expecting something uniqyue from you. You better get it figured out and working soon, I got a good picture of a young guy with your last name driving a DCB Vee and looking like he could get used to it! (you know if it was about 80mph faster) :D
ChuckSCAN IT IT SEND IT MY MAN!!!! Tyler will be so jazzed, I'll make it my desktop!

Charley
09-29-2002, 08:40 PM
You guys are probably right.... That paint job isn't me..... Does anyone know who can paint "Homer Simpson" on my boat.... I will also need some lettering on the transom....
I need a "V"
I need a "I"
I need a "L"
I need a "L"
I need a "A"
I need a "G"
I need a "E"
Then a space.. do I need anything for that?>
I need a "I"
I need a "D"
I need a "I"
I need a "O"
I need a "T"
Whats that spell??? WHO CARES!! It's COOL!
[ September 29, 2002, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

Screaming Pete
09-30-2002, 02:38 PM
Charley:
You guys are probably right.... That paint job isn't me..... Does anyone know who can paint "Homer Simpson" on my boat.... I will also need some lettering on the transom....
I need a "V"
I need a "I"
I need a "L"
I need a "L"
I need a "A"
I need a "G"
I need a "E"
Then a space.. do I need anything for that?>
I need a "I"
I need a "D"
I need a "I"
I need a "O"
I need a "T"
Whats that spell??? WHO CARES!! It's COOL!Charlie, Your not one of those Village Idiot's from Pruitt City are you??
:p

Charley
09-30-2002, 06:34 PM
Me dumb me no understand DOHHH!!!!

andy01
10-01-2002, 07:17 AM
Charley:
Me dumb me no understand DOHHH!!!!ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andy

HavasuDreamin'
10-01-2002, 10:50 AM
I am more of a traditional paint scheme type of guy. I would try to do something that flowed with the lines of the hull! Good Luck

Charley
10-04-2002, 06:47 AM
Ok, I keep coming back to my old paint scheme but a little different.... the wife doesnt like it... how about a little feedback...honesty boys/ NAVY BLUE with Yellow/Orange layover fade
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/oldidea.JPG

RandyH
10-04-2002, 07:02 AM
I like what you have there Charley, Seems like the front needs something however. Just my opinion. MAybe something like this. I had Ultra do somthing like this for me and it turned out great.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/coolgraphic.JPG
It will be an awesome boat no matter what. Good luck with it.
Randy

TOBTEK
10-04-2002, 07:04 AM
to close to your 26. go big and wild. how about the yellow f26 down there now...its interesting

TOBTEK
10-04-2002, 07:07 AM
I agree with Randy, the front is to plain...tip those tips in some color, would look alot better...

Reaper1
10-04-2002, 07:19 AM
Lookin good Charley. I think Blue and yellow go good together. I also like a lot of white on the boat and the colors to accent it. Man, must be tough :p

Charley
10-04-2002, 07:20 AM
ok ok.... Maybe you guys will like it better when I am sitting in the boat... here is what it should look like..... I'm really not seeing the whole point of these canopy things though.......... DOH!!!!
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/homer.JPG

boatnam2
10-04-2002, 07:36 AM
i think that paint scheme looks tight.i think something up the top in the middle of the sponsons would give the color balance.not a lot just a little something something to set it off.

Charley
10-04-2002, 07:50 AM
boatnam2:
i think that paint scheme looks tight.i think something up the top in the middle of the sponsons would give the color balance.not a lot just a little something something to set it off.I agree......I just want something NOT symetrical.... Iv'e been trying...DAMMIT!
:D

Reaper1
10-04-2002, 08:46 AM
I think you need "Village Idiot" on the side in bold letters. :D

roln 20s
10-04-2002, 09:57 AM
Charley-
I think those graphics are sweet, but I have to agree with the rest and say that it needs something up front! However, if you do something similar to that but put some graphics up front- it might start to kinda resemble SVO's DCB- can't do that! REMEMBER no 2 DCB's are suppose to alike, or in my opinion, even close! By the way, is that the 29?
Roln 20s
PS- Your quotes from Homer Simpson's point of view have me LMAO.

roln 20s
10-04-2002, 10:05 AM
Charley-
New thought! I always wanted to do this scheme when I ordered a boat but since it is so far away, I'll share it will you. I have drawn it out before, but have no idea how it would look in real life. The entire hull blue (not a navy blue but not sky blue- a median) with those yellow/orange layovers in a couple places along the side and angling back. Similar to what is shown, just the entire boat blue with more of them. I kinda got the idea after seeing the blue HTM SR 24 that has the number 6 drive with the back section checkers and the front having orange/yellow tribal flames coming out. Its on their website. Maybe that color combo will sound better if ya saw the boat. Just a thought. Here's the pic if someone wants to post it. http://www.hightorquemarine.com/shot2.jpg
I think its bad ass!
Roln 20s
This description I just gave really sucked, but hopefully you get the idea.

RandyH
10-04-2002, 10:13 AM
http://www.hightorquemarine.com/shot2.jpg

roln 20s
10-04-2002, 10:20 AM
Thanks Randy!
Nice boat too!
Roln 20s

XTRM22
10-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Charley:
ok ok.... Maybe you guys will like it better when I am sitting in the boat... here is what it should look like..... I'm really not seeing the whole point of these canopy things though.......... DOH!!!!
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/homer.JPGROFLMAO, people in the outer office are starting to stare. :D
Chuck

WetWillie
10-04-2002, 12:22 PM
Charley:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/homer.JPGCharley,
You got some talant there Homer! I like the layout, Maybe just some different brighter colors! Then put a big DCB logo sticker up front!
WW wink

TOBTEK
10-05-2002, 08:54 AM
the one thing I really like is how they painted the rub-rail so it isnt white going through the graphics! I noticed on your 26 CHARLIE that was also painted. QUESTION....was that durable or was the paint chipping and pealing? sure looks alot better painted....painted would look much better than white going through all my new blue graphics...

Charley
10-05-2002, 01:28 PM
roln 20s:
Charley-
I think those graphics are sweet, but I have to agree with the rest and say that it needs something up front! However, if you do something similar to that but put some graphics up front- it might start to kinda resemble SVO's DCB- can't do that! REMEMBER no 2 DCB's are suppose to alike, or in my opinion, even close! By the way, is that the 29?
no thats a 34 with some photoshop graphix removal... I love this program... I'm not good with it yet, but it's really impressive!
Roln 20s
PS- Your quotes from Homer Simpson's point of view have me LMAO.

WetWillie
10-05-2002, 04:46 PM
Someone post an all white 34 up and we can all play with it in Photoshop. Maybe well come up with a nice layout!
WW :rolleyes:

Charley
10-05-2002, 06:09 PM
TOBTEK:
the one thing I really like is how they painted the rub-rail so it isnt white going through the graphics! I noticed on your 26 CHARLIE that was also painted. QUESTION....was that durable or was the paint chipping and pealing? sure looks alot better painted....painted would look much better than white going through all my new blue graphics...Don't Paint the rubrail Tobtek....I had a buddy of mine watching my boat at topock ....one rub on thier crappy dock and scratched all to fock....what graphics did you get????

Charley
10-05-2002, 06:11 PM
WetWillie:
Someone post an all white 34 up and we can all play with it in Photoshop. Maybe well come up with a nice layout!
WW :rolleyes: OH BOY!!! this could be interesting!! Free Dinner at the yardhouse if I use yer scheme!!
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/34_3.JPG

WetWillie
10-05-2002, 08:34 PM
Charley,
I am going to be up all night!! Also you may want to tak to this guy http://rcfgraphicdesign.homestead.com/Rail_Graphics.html His name is Randy Foutain (No relationship to Reggie ) All he does is designs and he is pretty darn talented!!!
Just a thought!
WW wink
[ October 05, 2002, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

WetWillie
10-05-2002, 09:53 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/pinky.JPG
I got it!!!
Damn this is harder then I thought...
WW eek!

roln 20s
10-06-2002, 12:04 AM
WetWillie-
I think those graphics are bad ass :) hehe but I am not to sure Charley is going to dig those to much. Better stay up later and keep at it! Great idea with the all white hull so that we can help design Charley's phat boat- not to mention the free dinner!
Roln 20s

Charley
10-06-2002, 02:42 PM
WetWillie:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/pinky.JPG
I got it!!!
Damn this is harder then I thought...
WW eek! uhh uhh uhh
eek!

Charley
10-06-2002, 04:23 PM
classy blue Flames to reverse flames?
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/blue_flames.JPG

TOBTEK
10-06-2002, 06:28 PM
Charley:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/blue_flames.JPGOK, whats the dealio????? Did Dave show you my sketches? Thats almost exactly my new boat! Smaller ofcourse(DCB starter boat!)Platium pinstripes and platium windshield area (small MACH22 thing) Blue is med blue with dark blue fades both blues are metalic ofcourse..YOUR computer graphics look better than our sketches, i like it even more now, I have a little more blue comming off the front....Do that Charlie, we can be twin's.....ahhhhh NO

Charley
10-06-2002, 06:37 PM
uhhhh... Tobtek... I swear I never saw your drawings,,, in fact I posted earlier asking what you were doin....hmmm..... the bad new is My wife loves this one...we might be twins afterall.....hehehehe.... did you have the reverse flames in the back with solid color transom?>

WetWillie
10-06-2002, 06:41 PM
Charley:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/blue_flames.JPGCharley,
I know your a ways out so I will spend some time playing in Photshop. This will be fun. I like your drawing alot better then then anything we have come up yet. Maybe just a different color?? Maybe a little wilder and brighter??
What program are you useing??
[ October 06, 2002, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

WetWillie
10-06-2002, 07:06 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/red_flames.JPG
Just playing with colors!
WW wink

roln 20s
10-06-2002, 09:26 PM
Charley,
Now those look sick! I really like that design- no matter what colors you use! Did you decide what engines you are going to get yet? I have a feeling that you are going to go all out on these engines, just like the graphics trailer and everything else.
Roln 20s

Charley
10-07-2002, 06:59 AM
Right now I am narrowing the field on engine builders... it's down to 2....I want 540 -600 CID naturally aspirated, single carbed motors...making 600-675hp each....not as exotic as last time but remember there will be 2 wink

Charley
10-07-2002, 07:10 AM
WW, Im using Adobe photoshop..... Iv'e gotten alot better with it over the last few weeks....been getting tips for a photographer buddy of mine... It's an amazing program...here is a wilder and a tamer version of flames I came up with, curious to see who likes what... I know tobtek will want me to get somethin else lol :D
WILDER/BRIGHTER
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/tooultra.JPG
TAMER
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/gflames.JPG
so??? :D

Reaper1
10-07-2002, 08:23 AM
Put my vote for wilder/brighter. I like that flame job Charley, it doesn't look like the norm.

Screaming Pete
10-07-2002, 09:45 AM
Charley, If you have to put the V I on thier it best be in vynal s/p :p

Steamin' Rice
10-07-2002, 09:46 AM
Hey Charley,
Can they paint it like a giant zip-tie?? :p :p :p
You are coming up with some good ideas....It's always tough picking out the graphics.
I like the wilder/brighter one so far....
[ October 07, 2002, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Steamin' Rice ]

Screaming Pete
10-07-2002, 09:47 AM
I like the bottom one but in colors :cool:

Screaming Pete
10-07-2002, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steamin' Rice:
[QB]Hey Charley,
Can they paint it like a giant zip-tie?? :p :p :p
That would be Da Shi*Z, SP is a fellow DCBer :cool:

roln 20s
10-07-2002, 10:03 AM
Charley
I'm all about the wilder tamer graphics. Question: not sure what you or Dave feel about Keith Eickert- but I was checking out some of their engines on the web and they are bad ass? A 377 Talon ran 122 + on two of their 675 HP EFI engines- however I believe they have a 6:71, but none the less a sick set-up. Check it, you never know?
Roln 20s

RandyH
10-07-2002, 11:38 AM
Charley:
Right now I am narrowing the field on engine builders... it's down to 2....I want 540 -600 CID naturally aspirated, single carbed motors...making 600-675hp each....not as exotic as last time but remember there will be 2 wink Don't forget some Red in those graphics Charley.
http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Sneak/images/ZZ572top.jpg
http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Sneak/images/ZZ572profile.jpg
http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Sneak/images/ZZ572bigside.jpg
572 C.I.D. - 12:1 Compression Crate Engine Technical Information
Horsepower…………………………………⠀¦720 @ 6250 RPM
Torque……………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦685 Ft. Lbs. @ 4500 RPM
Max. Recommended RPM…………6750 RPM
Compression Ratio…………………12:1
Block……………………………………… …………New! Sportsman Tall Deck Bowtie Gen VI
10.200" deck height
Bore………………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦4.560"
Stroke……………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦4.375"
Crankshaft…………………………………⠀¦Forged 4340 steel
Connecting Rods………………………Forged 4340 steel, H-beam style, Shot peened
Pistons……………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦Forged aluminum
Full floating wrist pin
Piston Rings………………………………Plasma-moly rings
Camshaft…………………………………… ……Mechanical roller
Valve lift: .714" I, .714" E
Duration @ .050" 266º I, 274º E
Lifters……………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦Mechanical roller tappet
Cylinder Heads…………………………Aluminum rectangular port
118cc combustion chamber
Intake Valves……………………………2.25" Stainless steel
Exhaust Valves…………………………1.88" Stainless steel
Valve Springs……………………………Dual valve springs
1.567" coil diameter
2.050" installed height
230 Lbs. seat pressure
Spring Retainers……………………Hardened chromemoly steel
Rocker Arms…………………………………Aluminu m roller rockers, 1.7:1 ratio
Push Rods………………………………………H igh performance one piece
Intake Manifold………………………Aluminum tall deck single plane
4500 series carburetor
Carburetor…………………………………⠀¦1095cfm, mechanical secondary
Rear Main Seal…………………………New! One-piece design
Windage Tray………………………………New! Screened and louvered
Damper……………………………………†¦â€¦â€¦â€¦High RPM torsional damper
Distributor………………………………… Multiple spark discharge
Ignition Timing………………………36º total advance
Spark Plugs…………………………………R42XLS
Fuel………………………………………⠀¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦Race fuel

TOBTEK
10-07-2002, 12:31 PM
Charley:
uhhhh... Tobtek... I swear I never saw your drawings,,, in fact I posted earlier asking what you were doin....hmmm..... the bad new is My wife loves this one...we might be twins afterall.....hehehehe.... did you have the reverse flames in the back with solid color transom?>Charlie....The flames are a little different then std flames, but it looks VERY close to your sketch. Yes the transome is all blue with the white flames comming back. I have a little more on the top sponsons in front.our windscreen and pinstipes are platium, I think im gonna do a platium trailer with polished fenders. Your more then welcome to check out our drawings, They are starting it this week I was told :D

Donnie
10-07-2002, 04:13 PM
Can they paint it like a giant zip tie...now thats some funny shit :D :D
Don't forget to get Dave to autograph the bow eek! and throw in a lunch box for ya wink
That is going to be one bad ass ride :cool:
I vote for Peto also.

Steamin' Rice
10-07-2002, 04:30 PM
Here you go Charley....I want a ride if you use these graphics... :D :D
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/34_4.JPG
Just kidding....It sounds like you are going to have a badass boat and I hope to see it soon...

TOBTEK
10-07-2002, 05:03 PM
Steamin' Rice:
Here you go Charley....I want a ride if you use these graphics... :D :D
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/34_4.JPG
Just kidding....It sounds like you are going to have a badass boat and I hope to see it soon...THATS HOT :D

TOBTEK
10-07-2002, 05:05 PM
ALTHOUGH...DCB uses BLACK zipties! White ties are gay..............

Charley
10-07-2002, 05:12 PM
TOBTEK:
ALTHOUGH...DCB uses BLACK zipties! White ties are gay..............Eliminator won't even use those!!!! DOH! :D

WetWillie
10-07-2002, 07:46 PM
Charley:
WW, Im using Adobe photoshop..... Iv'e gotten alot better with it over the last few weeks....been getting tips for a photographer buddy of mine... It's an amazing program...here is a wilder and a tamer version of flames I came up with, curious to see who likes what... I know tobtek will want me to get somethin else lol :D
WILDER/BRIGHTER
TAMER
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/gflames.JPG
so??? :D Hey your getting good at this!!
I will keep playing.

TOBTEK
10-08-2002, 08:51 AM
CHARLIE...this looks good now, very good. But what about in say five years? Thats why I went a little more conservitive...I cant afford a new ride every year like you guys, You guys are money and dont even know it! Go for the blue and white....we-b-twins! can I park next to you at the sandbar next year? wink http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/blue_flames.JPG
BTW......three 300x's would look awesome on the back of this! :D
[ October 08, 2002, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: TOBTEK ]

Reaper1
10-08-2002, 09:38 AM
You guys could even get matching paint jobs on your lunch boxes :D

TOBTEK
10-08-2002, 09:46 AM
Reaper1:
You guys could even get matching paint jobs on your lunch boxes :D THATS A GOOD IDEA! matching paint, billet henges,DCB engraved thermos holder, millions of zipties holding my P.B & J sandwich down.....sounds sweet reaper. BTW like the new avatar

Reaper1
10-08-2002, 09:55 AM
Thanks, Hey we might have something here with these lunch boxes, call Dave and tell him we get half of the profits. Can you imagine the competition at the job sites. Billet Hostess Cupcake holders eek!

mbrown2
10-08-2002, 10:53 AM
Charley,
Love the flame schemes...However, almost every boat I see coming out of the molds these days has flames...with so many boats out there running with flames (and I know some look much better than others), I would be concerned that the saturation will cause the look to go the way of the checkers and lightning bolts in 3-4 years...Flames are classic, but the saturation concerns me...just my .02...I like the oval designs that were on the F26 posted, and the one that Lavey had on one of their boats at the show...not too many out there yet, but with some tweaking you might set the new standard for next year's boat show....but hell, its all personal preference. - Mike

TOBTEK
10-08-2002, 11:42 AM
mbrown2:
Charley,
Love the flame schemes...However, almost every boat I see coming out of the molds these days has flames...with so many boats out there running with flames (and I know some look much better than others), I would be concerned that the saturation will cause the look to go the way of the checkers and lightning bolts in 3-4 years...Flames are classic, but the saturation concerns me...just my .02...I like the oval designs that were on the F26 posted, and the one that Lavey had on one of their boats at the show...not too many out there yet, but with some tweaking you might set the new standard for next year's boat show....but hell, its all personal preference. - MikeI agree, flames are used alot these days. Like the checkers and bolts from Eliminators everywhere. But flames have been on HOTROD's since the 1950's and they are still IN.. I played with the oval designs like on the LAVEYCRAFT show boat, which was very good lookin. Dont know if that will stand the test of time. This is some hard descision making here! The paint scheme on your new DCB makes for many sleepless nights wink

Charley
10-08-2002, 12:20 PM
Ya Flames are big right now....but...you only live once wink besides I'm gonna want an F-34 in a few years hehehe JK.... Tobtek....we could be like that 44 and 28' magic side by side at the sandbar LOL!

TOBTEK
10-08-2002, 12:34 PM
Charley:
Ya Flames are big right now....but...you only live once wink besides I'm gonna want an F-34 in a few years hehehe JK.... Tobtek....we could be like that 44 and 28' magic side by side at the sandbar LOL!:D ...if you pay for some of my boat I'll even put "CHARLIE JR" on the back or "mini me" sound good? Make check payable to DCB for toby's acct!

mbrown2
10-08-2002, 12:50 PM
Charley:
Ya Flames are big right now....but...you only live once wink besides I'm gonna want an F-34 in a few years hehehe JK.... Tobtek....we could be like that 44 and 28' magic side by side at the sandbar LOL!If you are going step in a couple years...then Flame On...;-0

ROZ
10-08-2002, 01:30 PM
charley,
What's your fax? I've been doin a little doodling. Maybe a good deck design to incorporate into your orange/blue graphic idea.

Havasu Cig
10-08-2002, 02:08 PM
Charley,
I know this is probably not an option, but have you thought about a white boat and then getting it painted. I am very happy with the paint on the Cig (Imron), it has been very durable.
If I was going to order another West Coast boat I think I would go this route. There is so much more you can do with paint, and the detail is also much better.
Todd Davis' Mach 26 is painted and looks very good. It has much more detail then could have been done with gel. The paint will add some cost to the boat though.
Tough decision to make, good luck.

25Elmn8r
10-08-2002, 02:39 PM
Charley:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/blue_flames.JPGI like this one. Maybe just add a little something down the middle between the sponsons.

WetWillie
10-08-2002, 07:03 PM
Havasu Cig:
Charley,
I know this is probably not an option, but have you thought about a white boat and then getting it painted. I am very happy with the paint on the Cig (Imron), it has been very durable.
If I was going to order another West Coast boat I think I would go this route. There is so much more you can do with paint, and the detail is also much better.
Todd Davis' Mach 26 is painted and looks very good. It has much more detail then could have been done with gel. The paint will add some cost to the boat though.
Tough decision to make, good luck.HC,
It is funny that you mention this!!!!
I was saving this for my new boat but I will share.
Did anyone see the discovery channel show with Orange county choppers?
Well they made a bike they called the "JET Bike"
http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/occ/images/bikes/theme/jet/jetBackLeft.jpg
This picture above does not do it justice!
This bike was trick!!! To say the least!
Charley... how about getting a light grey/ silver gel coat job on your boat.
Then incorporate some of the rivet looking panels that make a jet a jet.
On the sides use the logos kinda on the side of the tank. "Notice they look just like DCB's logo??"
http://www.dcbracing.com/images/FLOGO1.jpg
Near the small engine hatch openings you can have "Danger jet intake" Like a fighter jet.
Hell!!! you allready have the canapys on the boat!!!
Are you seeing it???
I think it would be TRICK!!!
and it would be original and would deffinitly REPRESENT DCB!!
Anyway I am done!
When's dinner??
WW :rolleyes:
[ October 08, 2002, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

WetWillie
10-08-2002, 07:30 PM
A few more pictures!!
http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/occ/images/feature/discoveryJet/discoveryJet22Lg.jpg
hmmm
http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/occ/images/feature/discoveryJet/discoveryJet23Lg.jpg
WW;)
[ October 23, 2002, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

WetWillie
10-08-2002, 07:34 PM
http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/occ/images/feature/discoveryJet/discoveryJet21Lg.jpg
[ October 08, 2002, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

ROZ
10-08-2002, 09:57 PM
How about something like this? I didn't have a pic of the boat to lay it out on, but you should kinda see what's goin on:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSC00117.JPG

Charley
10-08-2002, 09:59 PM
That thing is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I cant afford to paint it ....and the wife would probably cut me off for 90 days if I spend anymore money on this project...motors are adding up but it's gonna be a killer boat.... Thanks again everyone for the help... I'm leaning towards the blue flames.... I'm gonna try to connect the front and back blue with an idea i had but I don't know if I will like it.... I'll post it.... 25elimn8r I agree something on the deck would be cool but the wife wants it white....on my last boat I took a day off work and went to DCB to help the gel coater tape the boat....maybe I will sneak a loose flame in there hehehe

Charley
10-08-2002, 10:00 PM
ROZ:
How about something like this? I didn't have a pic of the boat to lay it out on, but you should kinda see what's goin on:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSC00117.JPGROZ that is absolutely BADASS TOO.... dammit stop confusing me!!!!

25Elmn8r
10-08-2002, 10:01 PM
Charley, She is probably right about the deck being white. That blue would be pretty f'n hot on the booty and feet in August.

Charley
10-08-2002, 10:31 PM
25Elmn8r:
Charley, She is probably right about the deck being white. That blue would be pretty f'n hot on the booty and feet in August.THATS EXACTLY WHAT SHE SAID! LMAO....

roln 20s
10-09-2002, 12:48 PM
Charley-
I took a pic of this at Advantage about a year ago- haven't seen anything like it since. I think its bad ass, just change the colors and the lines to flow with the 29 DCB, and your set. Just another idea to throw out before its too late.
http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives&image=28_advantage_cat.JPG&img=&tt=
Roln 20s

TOBTEK
10-09-2002, 01:17 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/28_advantage_cat.JPG
HERE YA GO ROLN......thats badass!

roln 20s
10-09-2002, 05:33 PM
Thanks Tobek-
I agree, I think it was bad ass too! I think that it was being sent to one of their dealers near NY or NJ! That thing is bad ass and would stand out in Havasu anyday- especially on the DCB 29. If i new how to work any photo programs, I would put it on the blank 29 hull. Oh well, thanks for posting that pic, one of these days I will learn.
Roln 20s

roln 20s
10-10-2002, 06:50 PM
Charley-
Have you decided on the graphics yet?
Roln 20s

Charley
10-10-2002, 07:55 PM
I'd like to say thanks to everybody for input and especially to those who actually drew stuff .... ROZ... you really went over the top for a fellow ***boater with your many very cool faxes, thankyou!.... Right now I'm stuck on the blue flame pic.... It flows with the lines of the hull, I think it's simple but classy and the fact that the wife digs it too makes it easy....I reserve the right to change my mind at any time LMAO.... but for now thats what it's gonna be.... Tobtek.... I guess since you had the same idea for your boat I owe ya..... Ah what the hell I'll buy everyone on this thread a yard of beer at the Yardhouse if you guys wanna come up,down or across to Long beach one afternoon or night...... anyone interested? :D
[ October 10, 2002, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

Jrocket
10-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Hey Charley,this is one of the first flames graphics I did.Just an idea for ya.... :D
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Boat_show_021.JPG
[ October 10, 2002, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Jrocket ]

Charley
10-10-2002, 08:24 PM
Jrocket:
Hey Charley,this is one of the first flames graphics I did.Just an idea for ya.... :D
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Boat_show_021.JPGIt's very nice!

Havasu Cig
10-10-2002, 09:49 PM
The flames look cool Charley. Lets see if you can resist the temptation to change it. When we were drawing up graphics for our DCB's we must have changed our minds about 20 times each. I would draw something and really like it, but then a couple days later I would not like it so much anymore.
One of the things I did is put all the sketches away for a while and then pull them out later and see what ones I still liked. If they stood the test of time (a few weeks) then I would keep them in consideration.

Charley
10-11-2002, 06:38 AM
Havasu Cig:
The flames look cool Charley. Lets see if you can resist the temptation to change it. When we were drawing up graphics for our DCB's we must have changed our minds about 20 times each. I would draw something and really like it, but then a couple days later I would not like it so much anymore.
One of the things I did is put all the sketches away for a while and then pull them out later and see what ones I still liked. If they stood the test of time (a few weeks) then I would keep them in consideration.I've actually been doing that with my earlier drawings and I was surprised at a few changes of heart good and bad........It's kinda funny I put together one drawing as a joke(way too wild) and handed it too my wife one night and said this is what I want to do... she looks at it and says...yeah ok cool..... LMAO I was fighting back the smile... it was supposed to be a joke but...she liked it! I never showed her that drawing again hehehe
[ October 11, 2002, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]

Steamin' Rice
10-11-2002, 07:49 AM
Charley:
I'd like to say thanks to everybody for input and especially to those who actually drew stuff .... ROZ... you really went over the top for a fellow ***boater with your many very cool faxes, thankyou!.... Right now I'm stuck on the blue flame pic.... It flows with the lines of the hull, I think it's simple but classy and the fact that the wife digs it too makes it easy....I reserve the right to change my mind at any time LMAO.... but for now thats what it's gonna be.... Tobtek.... I guess since you had the same idea for your boat I owe ya..... Ah what the hell I'll buy everyone on this thread a yard of beer at the Yardhouse if you guys wanna come up,down or across to Long beach one afternoon or night...... anyone interested? :D Hey Charley,
If you like the flames then go for them....It's a good look and like you said they go with the lines of the boat pretty well, plus it's a bonus if you find something that your wife likes, too! How soon does your boat go into the mold?
A Yardhouse meet sounds good...If you want to ride with us on a lunch run in the boat from Newport sometime just let me know, I probably owe you a beer for all of my smartass ziptie comments... :D :D
HavasuCigs, is your boat out here yet or do you still have some time to wait??

Havasu Cig
10-11-2002, 08:00 AM
We will be good at the end of the month. We just got the new aluminum MYCO and the swim plateform is being put on tommorow. I can't wait to get back in the ocean. :cool:

Steamin' Rice
10-11-2002, 03:25 PM
Sounds good. Let me know when you guys are ready to head out...Also, if you want to set something up for San Diego sometime we would probably be up for that as well...

hot_diggity_dog
10-12-2002, 12:25 AM
Charley,
Your to smart not to have the wife approve the graphics. Remeber you will probaly have a 34 in a couple of years and you will have your wife forever. You make the call.
HDD

Charley
10-15-2002, 06:14 PM
Hey guys lets do this at the end of the month when Havasucig can come up from san diego..... if he would venture all the way to Long beach one saturday or Sunday...... Steamin?havasu cig? anyone else still in for a free beer? :D
[ October 15, 2002, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

Jrocket
10-15-2002, 08:39 PM
Charley:
free beer?Whats this I hear?

Charley
10-16-2002, 07:02 AM
YEP!!! I'm offering to buy the first 1/2 or full yard of beer to everyone who participated in helping me with my paint scheme...we are trying to set a date....the location is the Yardhouse in Long Beach :D

Charley
10-16-2002, 07:03 AM
Even Force guys! wink

andy01
10-16-2002, 09:29 AM
Im down for a beer! Charlie call me or shoot me an e-mail. :D
Andy

Havasu Cig
10-16-2002, 09:33 AM
We are definitely in Charley. Hopefully we get some rough water to go play in. :D

Steamin' Rice
10-16-2002, 09:37 AM
Charley,
As long as we're in town the weekend this happens, we're in... :D

MissHavasuCig
10-16-2002, 10:49 AM
how about the first weekend of November? :D

Havasu Hangin'
10-16-2002, 10:55 AM
Beer? Did somebody say beer? Count me in if someone needs a deckhand...

Steamin' Rice
10-16-2002, 11:03 AM
MissHavasuCig:
how about the first weekend of November? :D We could go on Sun Nov 3...

Charley
10-16-2002, 01:54 PM
Nov 3 ok with everyone???

Reaper1
10-17-2002, 06:50 AM
You gonna bring the pontoon boat Charley? :D

25Elmn8r
10-17-2002, 08:15 AM
Havasu Hangin':
Count me in if someone needs a deckhand...Ditto!

XTRM22
10-17-2002, 10:02 AM
Charley:
YEP!!! I'm offering to buy the first 1/2 or full yard of beer to everyone who participated in helping me with my paint scheme...we are trying to set a date....the location is the Yardhouse in Long Beach :D WHat about guys who volunteered to deliver the engines, (depending on builder of course). Oh well the Yard House is kinda a long drive to drink beer, actually it's never to far to drive to drink beer, it's just too far home! :D
Chuck

Craig
10-17-2002, 10:58 AM
XTRM22, stop trying to suck up free beer and get back to work. Hey whatcha doing the day after Thanksgiving? We're talking about going to Saguaro. Granted that is where Donnie caused me to lunch the 454 a few years ago :D .

Havasu Cig
10-17-2002, 04:23 PM
Who ever wants to go is fine with me....One warning though, if the water is big there is only three hand holds in the Cig. Some of our passengers found out the hard way at the DSM Poker Run.
We had five people in the boat during the run and sometimes the one without something to hold onto found out what the floor of the Top Gun looked like up close on re-entry. eek!

Charley
10-17-2002, 07:00 PM
XTRM22:
Charley:
YEP!!! I'm offering to buy the first 1/2 or full yard of beer to everyone who participated in helping me with my paint scheme...we are trying to set a date....the location is the Yardhouse in Long Beach :D WHat about guys who volunteered to deliver the engines, (depending on builder of course). Oh well the Yard House is kinda a long drive to drink beer, actually it's never to far to drive to drink beer, it's just too far home! :D
ChuckI could fed-ex you.....LOL :D

XTRM22
10-17-2002, 08:59 PM
FedEx me a beer? or FedEx me home after?LOL
CHuck

Havasu Hangin'
10-17-2002, 08:59 PM
Havasu Cig:
Who ever wants to go is fine with me....One warning though, if the water is big there is only three hand holds in the Cig. Some of our passengers found out the hard way at the DSM Poker Run.Well that's an easy fix...I'll just start eating more...

Steamin' Rice
10-18-2002, 07:57 AM
Havasu Cig:
Who ever wants to go is fine with me....One warning though, if the water is big there is only three hand holds in the Cig. Some of our passengers found out the hard way at the DSM Poker Run.
We had five people in the boat during the run and sometimes the one without something to hold onto found out what the floor of the Top Gun looked like up close on re-entry. eek! That's some funny chit..... :D :D

Donnie
10-21-2002, 06:33 PM
BEER... :confused: man I'm allways late :rolleyes:
Hey Chuck we could hope a plane or a corvette after the titie bar on friday and go drink beer in CA. :cool:

Charley
10-21-2002, 06:40 PM
Donnie:
Hey Chuck we could hope a plane or a corvette after the titie bar on friday and go drink beer in CA. :cool: whats a titie bar? for that matter whats a titie?
:D Im teasing you donnie fly out!

Charley
10-21-2002, 06:41 PM
is it nov3 everyone?

Donnie
10-21-2002, 06:44 PM
:D Im teasing you donnie fly out![/QB][/QUOTE]
HEhehehehe...thats why I need my yearly fix eek! wink

XTRM22
10-22-2002, 07:37 AM
Charley:
Donnie:
Hey Chuck we could hope a plane or a corvette after the titie bar on friday and go drink beer in CA. :cool: whats a titie bar? for that matter whats a titie?
:D Im teasing you donnie fly out!Cut Donnie some slack, he grew up in Tolleson! WHich coincidently is one step above Bagdad, as far as that's concerned! :D
Chuck

Steamin' Rice
10-22-2002, 10:22 AM
Charley:
is it nov3 everyone?Sounds good.....

TOBTEK
10-22-2002, 12:01 PM
Havasu Secret:
Needless to say... Flames are forever and never go out of style if they are done in good taste.
Congrats to Tobtek and Charley on your new rides. I can't wait to see you guys at the SandBar next season. Just as a kick... you should come to Havasu in the winter or as soon as Dave finishes your rides to get some photos taken together with the new helicopter photo guy in Havasu.
With your matching boats... I'll bet we could convince Darrin Davidson to bring the Hot Boat Photo Boat out to play. Maybe Hot Boat could do an article.
HS
See You in Havasu!!!
http://www.taycoeng.com/images/HavasuSecret3.jpgH/S......where have you been? haven't seen you around in a while....Thanks on the new boat, they are starting today as a matter a fact :D . hope Charlie does the same as mine, would be cool to chase behind him!!! cool pic's as well! Take care.
Hey Charlie, when is Dave starting yours?

Screaming Pete
10-22-2002, 12:25 PM
Havasu Secret:
Needless to say... Flames are forever and never go out of style if they are done in good taste.
Congrats to Tobtek and Charley on your new rides. I can't wait to see you guys at the SandBar next season. Just as a kick... you should come to Havasu in the winter or as soon as Dave finishes your rides to get some photos taken together with the new helicopter photo guy in Havasu.
With your matching boats... I'll bet we could convince Darrin Davidson to bring the Hot Boat Photo Boat out to play. Maybe Hot Boat could do an article.
HS
See You in Havasu!!!
http://www.taycoeng.com/images/HavasuSecret3.jpgDamm, HS where have you been,Its been a long time Where have you been boating all summer?? :confused:

Charley
10-22-2002, 03:01 PM
TOBTEK
Hey Charlie, when is Dave starting yours?[/QB]as of yesterday Dave said the deck mold is done and they are moving along on the bottom mold.... figure #2 should pop 2 months after the bottom mold is done....maybe Jan?finish is march? I have major "boat on the mind" :D dammit!

TOBTEK
10-22-2002, 03:45 PM
Charley:
TOBTEK
Hey Charlie, when is Dave starting yours?as of yesterday Dave said the deck mold is done and they are moving along on the bottom mold.... figure #2 should pop 2 months after the bottom mold is done....maybe Jan?finish is march? I have major "boat on the mind" :D dammit![/QB]are you waking up in the middle of the night thinking a paint scheme's, motor options, interior idea's....I know I do!
Whats the latest front runner in paint design this week? Dave was saying you may be doing a bigger version of mine, I was giving him a hard time saying he showed you my artwork. he was insistent that he didnt show you......no big deal if you did see it,check it out next week when they pop it out of the mold......cant wait :D

Charley
10-22-2002, 06:39 PM
Tobtek... I swear this scheme was my idea..... no peeks or even suggestions got me to what I ended up with in that drawing........It just happend on one of the photoshop play session drawings..... are we ok here? :p hehehe

TOBTEK
10-22-2002, 06:44 PM
Charley:
Tobtek... I swear this scheme was my idea..... no peeks or even suggestions got me to what I ended up with in that drawing........It just happend on one of the photoshop play session drawings..... are we ok here? :p hehehewe are very ok here, in fact I hope you do it! Think it would be cool to have "CHARLIE JR". Going down wends afternoon to snap the first of many pic's of the work in progress :D

Charley
10-22-2002, 07:18 PM
Cool...... I'm glad! I know some people get real protective of the gelcoat on thier boat hehehe :D Cheers!

TOBTEK
11-08-2002, 10:10 AM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/CHARLEYDCB1.JPG
Charley, had a couple of idea's this morning for you :D
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/CHARLEYDCB2.JPG
was just up on a ladder putting up crown moldings in the house and this pop'ed into my head! first part of bottom back white flame should arch and come foward some but this was a quick sketch....

TOBTEK
11-08-2002, 10:19 AM
I was orig thinking white "gost flames" on the white base going into blue back. then I added the yellow/orange fade. looks cool without the yellow/orange also, just the gray pins over white base making the flame design....hear what im throwing down????

Charley
11-08-2002, 11:31 AM
OH NO my colored pencil disease has officially been spread through the internet!!! Im teasing... Tob I kinda like it...... I think I need to play a little bit on photoshop..... I'm getting a few drawings from stinger soon too, cant wait to see what his creative mind is thinking... Thanks again Tob thats cool stuff! :D
by the way Tob thats pretty creative!
[ November 08, 2002, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]

SVO 540
11-08-2002, 05:22 PM
Hey Charlie,
I think you should seriously consider those two whipple charged small blocks that are for sale. They are efi motors and use the same efi system as I use. My efi system has been so awesome. That would be one hell of a package you would have. When do you think the first 29 will go into the mold and when do you think yours will be popped from the mold?
Have you seen the pictures your friend took of us last month at the sand bar? I am still waiting to see them.
SVO 540.

ROZ
11-10-2002, 12:05 PM
Here's a couple more Charley:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/DSC002171.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/DSC002181.JPG
I'm not very good with manipulating photos, so the quality of the pics aren't that good. They look great on paper.

TOBTEK
11-10-2002, 01:57 PM
OK, I THINKING WE SHOULD HAVE A CONTEST! whoever sketches the winning paint job, sets an all expenses paid river trip on CHARLEY's new 29! :D

ROZ
11-10-2002, 04:03 PM
TOBTEK:
OK, I THINKING WE SHOULD HAVE A CONTEST! whoever sketches the winning paint job, sets an all expenses paid river trip on CHARLEY's new 29! :D With or without a chance behind the wheel :D :p wink

TOBTEK
11-10-2002, 04:36 PM
ROZ:
TOBTEK:
OK, I THINKING WE SHOULD HAVE A CONTEST! whoever sketches the winning paint job, sets an all expenses paid river trip on CHARLEY's new 29! :D With or without a chance behind the wheel :D :p wink I got dib's behind the wheel! We can tow mine as the diny wink interesting at 120MPH

Charley
11-10-2002, 08:22 PM
SVO 540:
Hey Charlie,
I think you should seriously consider those two whipple charged small blocks that are for sale. They are efi motors and use the same efi system as I use. My efi system has been so awesome. That would be one hell of a package you would have. When do you think the first 29 will go into the mold and when do you think yours will be popped from the mold?
Have you seen the pictures your friend took of us last month at the sand bar? I am still waiting to see them.
SVO 540.I haven't seen the pics yet, but AG is notoriously slow so I'm not surprised!!! I liked the idea of small blocks but I have just sent a deposit to Larry Peto for a pair of 580 cubic inch monsters.... I cant wait....

Charley
11-10-2002, 08:30 PM
Paint scheme contest !!!! ya.... Tob you and Roz both have some rippin ideas, and the rides are definitely in order..... but I'll tell ya what happend TODAY that has me thinking hard on a variation of the old Idea. I was working the LoveRide and I saw some BAD-ASS paint jobs on some bikes..... one REALLy caught my eye.... It was Blue Flames ( hmmm sounds familiar) but with a bunch of absolutely bad-ass "ghosted" skulls in it......It was very subtle but looked so COOL.... I talked to the guy his name is Randy Morton from "Rock and Roll custom paintworks" in Orange(near me) .... I asked him if he could Ghost images over gelcoated-flames he said no problem..... So..... as of tonight I'm all hot on the idea....Have you guys ever seen that look? :D
http://www.rr-custompaintworks.com/images/blueflamesandskulltankcu.jpg
[ November 10, 2002, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

roln 20s
11-10-2002, 11:01 PM
Charley-
I've only seen it done a couple of times on boats-- Kachina has done it very well. That is a great design for graphics-is the base going to be all black with the blue flames or just blue flames over white? I think the black base and blue flames would be killer (like Korn's Shockwave 29). Good luck- can't wait to see it. Check out the SEMA pics under hot boats- west, the new whipple hemi motors (1200 hp) on the 28 daytona--absolutely rediculous.
And those flames on the red 25 daytona are sick too! Gosh I'm kinda glad I can't buy a boat just cause I couldn't decide the colors, motors, etc..
Roln 20s
Roln 20s

ROZ
11-10-2002, 11:37 PM
Charley:
It was Blue Flames ( hmmm sounds familiar) but with a bunch of absolutely bad-ass "ghosted" skulls in it......It was very subtle but looked so COOL.... I talked to the guy his name is Randy Morton from "Rock and Roll custom paintworks" in Orange(near me) .... I asked him if he could Ghost images over gelcoated-flames he said no problem..... So..... as of tonight I'm all hot on the idea....Have you guys ever seen that look? :D
http://www.rr-custompaintworks.com/images/blueflamesandskulltankcu.jpgNow you're talkin. As a matter of fact, my most recent sketch has layered flames much your tank photo, but it doesn't look right when photographed.
"Ghosting" would be very trick and "classic" with the flame motif.

WetWillie
11-12-2002, 08:37 PM
NOW your talking!!! I mentioned paint before.
Can you tell us whats going on with the boat?
Motores you have planned? Drives?
Stereo? Tv's for the kids?
Common let us poor guys live vicariously thru you!!
WW :p

Charley
11-13-2002, 03:20 PM
WetWillie:
NOW your talking!!! I mentioned paint before.
Can you tell us whats going on with the boat?
Motores you have planned? Drives?
Stereo? Tv's for the kids?
Common let us poor guys live vicariously thru you!!
WW :p Thanks again for all the help guys......
I'm going with 580 cubic inch naturally aspirated, single carbed motors... Dart Big M blocks, Aluminum Dart Heads all the good stuff underneath, they should make 630-680 HP each and they will be capped at 6000 RPMS. The drives will be imco extremes and we think with a 1.35 ratio..... I spoke with Dave yesterday and he is really excited to build these 29's he thinks he is going to make one for his own personal boat......

ROZ
11-13-2002, 03:23 PM
Did Stinger come up with any graphic designs?

Charley
11-13-2002, 09:06 PM
ROZ:
Did Stinger come up with any graphic designs?He has some for me to see but we haven't hooked up yet

Charley
11-21-2002, 11:59 AM
??? :confused: ???anyone like this
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/yando.JPG

Havasu Hangin'
11-21-2002, 12:26 PM
Charley:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/yando.JPGThat's it, Charley. I like it!
"Team Starburst"

mbrown2
11-21-2002, 12:39 PM
Charley:
I like it...I always thought the yellow to orange fade was one of the best combos. Back in 1990, I had a Hi-Tech 20.6 O/B that was in the Hot Boat Performance trials and its base color was a Tequila Sunrise Orange to Reddish/Orange fade...I will never forget that gel on that boat...It had the cleanest colors at the trials...That color combo is sweet.
[ November 21, 2002, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

TOBTEK
11-21-2002, 12:43 PM
ME LIKES :D looks good how the front ties into the back. and you wont see another like it for awhile..

Charley
11-21-2002, 12:46 PM
this is a good sign we got 3 positives ina row.... I like it too!!! it took me a while to draw it just the way i liked it but I finally took my hand off the mouse and said" THERE IT IS"
Jen loves this scheme because the yellow and orange wont burn yer ass when you slide across it! lol :D

mbrown2
11-21-2002, 12:51 PM
Charley:
this is a good sign we got 3 positives ina row.... I like it too!!! it took me a while to draw it just the way i liked it but I finally took my hand off the mouse and said" THERE IT IS"
Jen loves this scheme because the yellow and orange wont burn yer ass when you slide across it! lol :D Now if you could just get Dave to fully finish/roll the deck and bottom joint like the AMT Tunnels, so you don't need a rub rail that would be sweet...no seems. (just have to be careful around docks)

Steamin' Rice
11-21-2002, 12:51 PM
Looks good Charley...I like the idea of connecting the front and back graphics, without it getting too busy.
I bet you can't wait until yours goes into the mold....You probably won't stop playing with different graphics until then... :D

ROZ
11-21-2002, 12:54 PM
Charley, I agree with Havasu Hangin'....That's it!

roln 20s
11-21-2002, 01:55 PM
I agree Charley- thats the one!! One serious problem--isn't that boat you put the graphics on an ELIMINATOR :) When is the first one coming out of the mold--I'm not even getting one but want to see it soooo bad!!
Roln 20s

andy01
11-21-2002, 01:56 PM
I think it sucks! J/K I like it man, that looks sweet!!!! Are you going to stick with the Hi-C racing colors or go with something else? I think it would look good in red. That yellow color does look good on the water though.
Andy

25Elmn8r
11-21-2002, 04:03 PM
I love the scheme. That color just doesn't sit well with me. I do agree with RR though that it would look good in Red, or even the blue from before.

Steamin' Rice
11-21-2002, 04:14 PM
You could do a red-orange-yellow fade and have the yellow part of the fade end up right where you would sit.... :D
[ November 21, 2002, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Steamin' Rice ]

Charley
11-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Roln,,, yep its a 30' Daytona... you would notice!!! lol,,,, I like the graphics alot but the color is still up in the air... I really do like the yellow and orange fade but I must say Blue would be cool too not as wild but a little classier ya know?... I love Red too but the wife hates red so thats out.... well at least I'm getting close hehehe :D thanx guys input rules

ROZ
11-28-2002, 02:49 PM
Okay Charley, I guessI wasn't quite tapped out..
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSC00252.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSC00250.JPG
Hard to see, but the top is white to a silver fade.

WetWillie
11-29-2002, 06:18 PM
Charley,
I was stumbling around and found a couple of Flame jobs that are a bit out of the norm but may give you some inspiration.
http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/occ/images/paint/paint12Large.jpg
http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/occ/images/paint/paint15Large.jpg
http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/occ/images/paint/paint20Large.jpg

<a href="http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/occ/images/paint/paint18Large.jpg[/IMG" target="_blank">
[img]http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/occ/images/paint/paint18Large.jpg</a>
Heres the link if you want to see them Flames (http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/occ/default.php)
Or look here Flames (http://www.custompainting.com/) click on flames
[ November 29, 2002, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

Charley
12-01-2002, 09:28 PM
Those are sweet!... If I had the guts to go with an all blue hull these silver flames really pump my nads LOL :D :D :D
http://www.orangecountychoppers.com/occ/images/paint/paint18Large.jpg :D :D :D
[ December 01, 2002, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

WetWillie
12-02-2002, 07:32 AM
I really like silver to! Can they spray a silver gel color? That with Puter color hardware would be incredible!
WW wink

Charley
12-02-2002, 07:53 AM
yes they have a color called platinum... it's silver but silver is one of those colors that seems to look better with metallic in it... will someone shoot me and put me out of my misery :D

WetWillie
12-02-2002, 12:04 PM
HAAHA,
Sorry bro this is a HUGE desicion in my oppinion and its not even my boat. You are spending some big dough and you want it to look right! I know how you feel the wife and me have gone thru several gallons of paint tring to get the Living room painted. I never thought it would be such a desicion! But you gotta make it and you have several oppinions involved!
Blue on silver would look hot and Im sure you could design it so the wifeys tanning area is all silver!
Good luck and please keep us posted!
When is the first 29 due out of the mold?
WW wink

roln 20s
12-02-2002, 01:15 PM
Charley-
Just go all out- blue base with silver tribal flames or whatever you want. If you didn't want something custom and completely original, you would have just bought a BAYLINER a long time ago to save you time and effort. Good luck, no matter what its gonna be bad ass- its a canopy DCB :D
Roln 20s

Reaper1
12-03-2002, 07:20 AM
Dude, you just used Gayliner and DCB in the same sentence. I think there is some law against that. :p

Charley
12-03-2002, 07:52 AM
Reaper1:
Dude, you just used Gayliner and DCB in the same sentence. I think there is some law against that. :p hehehehe

roln 20s
12-03-2002, 11:32 AM
Not actually, there is a period between the sentence with Gayliner and DCB, but yes they are on the same thread! Thanks for noticing :D
hehehehe
Roln 20s

spectras only
12-03-2002, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Charley:
[QB]Those are sweet!... If I had the guts to go with an all blue hull these silver flames really pump my nads ,charley ,why not duplicate your old boat's graphics with the blue/silver colours.You liked the old design ,didn't you?

Charley
12-03-2002, 10:42 PM
spectras only:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Charley:
[QB]Those are sweet!... If I had the guts to go with an all blue hull these silver flames really pump my nads ,charley ,why not duplicate your old boat's graphics with the blue/silver colours.You liked the old design ,didn't you?Yes I did like my old graphics very much but the wife has VETO-d the old graphics on the new boat and I love my wife more than my old graphics hehehe

WetWillie
12-07-2002, 01:20 AM
Charley,
So were is this thing at?? Has the first one come out of the Mold? What number are you?
Im dieing to see this thing!
WW sleeping

TOBTEK
12-07-2002, 09:09 AM
WetWillie:
Charley,
So were is this thing at?? Has the first one come out of the Mold? What number are you?
Im dieing to see this thing!
WW sleeping Im with you W/W...cant wait to see this thing aswell. nice to see how the other half lives :D are we taking tickets, for our place in line for a ride????? :)

Charley
12-09-2002, 10:55 PM
I'm #2 and #1 is due to go in the mold I think in the next 3-4 weeks... I'm anxious just to go down and see #1.... it's gonna be an all white boat with some radically expensive PAINT job hmmmm should be interesting...... It's also gonna have a TEAGUE 1000 with a single #6... thats an experiment in my eyes too! i've always thought a 28' or bigger cat needs twins hehehehe but who knows with a 1000 HP she ought 2 move jus fine...Tob....how is the mold on the 29 looking?

hot_diggity_dog
12-21-2002, 12:04 PM
Hey Charley,
What do you think of this paint job on the all white boat? :confused: Or yours! :D LOL another .02 wink
HDD :cool:
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/detail2.JPG

TOBTEK
12-21-2002, 02:30 PM
thats a little busy...someone paid alot of money to be that jiggy....

Charley
12-21-2002, 05:23 PM
I'm not even if I could look at that after a few beers on the sand bar...although it would make finding my boat easier!!! :D

WetWillie
12-24-2002, 12:45 AM
^^^ Bump ^^^^^
Wanna bring this thing to the top and bury that Cheeta thread.
Are the motors built yet?? You decide on a color?

Charley
12-24-2002, 05:59 AM
WetWillie:
^^^ Bump ^^^^^
Wanna bring this thing to the top and bury that Cheeta thread.
Are the motors built yet?? You decide on a color?
WW :D this just in!!!! after buying my wife the Tahoe she wanted....she agreed to allow RED into the color scheme if I want it....I just don't know if I want to now ...LMAO
[ December 24, 2002, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]

roln 20s
01-02-2003, 02:33 PM
Isn't it about time for the first 29 to be done??? Hows the designs and engines coming Charley?
Roln 20s

TOBTEK
01-02-2003, 02:40 PM
roln 20s:
Isn't it about time for the first 29 to be done??? Hows the designs and engines coming Charley?
Roln 20s last I heard (lastweek) the top deck plug is done and they are fine tunning the bottom....should be very soon, very,very soon...By the way, Im first in line for a ride with Charley :D

Charley
01-02-2003, 04:44 PM
TOBTEK:
roln 20s:
Roln 20s last I heard (lastweek) the top deck plug is done and they are fine tunning the bottom....should be very soon, very,very soon...By the way, Im first in line for a ride with Charley :D Not sure you wanna be!!! lol..thats a big boat and I only owned a twin screw for a couple weeks!! Roln .... Motors are well on their way.. Larry has been doing what he can till I decide on a color for the blocks I have 1 more week to drive myself crazy! I'm going to DCB with the wife on Tuesday...I will try to snap some Photos of the plug

andy01
01-03-2003, 10:58 AM
RED RED RED, oh Im sorry am I being pushing my favorite color on you! I think red is one of the hottest colors on the water. Try and snap so pics when your down there Charlie! You can even show her a red and grey Mach that is down there. :D
Andy

boatnam2
01-03-2003, 01:59 PM
i cant wait to see that thing charley !

Reaper1
01-03-2003, 03:15 PM
You wanna see Charley's thing jawdrop Sorry, first post of the new year had to make it memorable :D

boatnam2
01-03-2003, 04:05 PM
thats cool reaper1 i can take it.just dont know about a guy that jokes about the meat stick.

WetWillie
01-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Dave emailed me and mentioned that the tooling was done and they were starting production!!
Charlie please keep us posted on #1 and
especially #2.
I cant wait and I cant imagine how you feel..
Is Larry Peto (?) in arizona building your motors?
WW :cool:

TOBTEK
01-03-2003, 06:37 PM
WetWillie:
Dave emailed me and mentioned that the tooling was done and they were starting production!!
Charlie please keep us posted on #1 and
especially #2.
I cant wait and I cant imagine how you feel..
WW :cool: I was talking with Joe from DCB today, asking where in the heck they do the gell work on the new 29's and even moreso f34's. He was saying the same booth they did mine, If I remember correctly that booth didnt look 34 feet deep? can you even imagine the molds for a f34 eek! , how about the expense to design a boat, build the plug, glass the mold, even before 1 is ever built...a butt load of $$$$$$$$
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Outboards/Ourdcb1.JPG
picture a 29footer or 34footer's mold's.....wow

Charley
01-05-2003, 07:23 PM
WetWillie:
WW :cool: Yes he is !!! I really can't say enough about my dealings with Larry so far...Chuck, Craig and Donnie all reccomended him and I'm glad this time around I listened... the guy is Really Really knowledgeable and he has been very Fair on all pricing too..... He is genuinely a VERY nice guy and I hate to assume too much here but I believe a Year from now I will feel the same way about the guy......He is making me a matched pair of 580 CI Naturally aspirated single carbed motors..... they have DART Aluminum Heads, all the good stuff inside and to make my wife happy I made sure the motors will end up looking "SHINY" just like she wanted.......LIKE I WANTED THEM NOT TO BE SHINY??? God I love my better 1/2 wink hehehe
[ January 05, 2003, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Charley ]

TOBTEK
01-08-2003, 11:00 AM
CHARLEY, wow! dropped mine off yesterday and saw the 29 plug. What a bummer. snap, crackle, pop eek! so, when will yours de done? and did you and wifie pick your colors?

mbrown2
01-08-2003, 10:27 PM
TOBTEK:
CHARLEY, wow! dropped mine off yesterday and saw the 29 plug. What a bummer. snap, crackle, pop eek! so, when will yours de done? and did you and wifie pick your colors? What happended to the 29 plug?

TOBTEK
01-10-2003, 08:32 AM
mbrown2:
TOBTEK:
CHARLEY, wow! dropped mine off yesterday and saw the 29 plug. What a bummer. snap, crackle, pop eek! so, when will yours de done? and did you and wifie pick your colors? What happended to the 29 plug? It got destroyed coming out of the new mold. For some reason it didnt release. ripped the plug in half. way bummer, cause that was going to be the only F29 id ever be able to afford...wait now maybe I can :D

twistedpair
01-10-2003, 10:18 AM
So do they have to start from the ground up, or can the original plug be repaired? Sucks either way, that's a badass looking sled!

TOBTEK
01-10-2003, 10:39 AM
twistedpair:
So do they have to start from the ground up, or can the original plug be repaired? Sucks either way, that's a badass looking sled! NO, the molds are DONE. the plug is wasted, which it would have been destroyed at a later date anyway. Just a bummer not to able to ogle it now and see what the rich and famous get to have :D

Charley
01-11-2003, 10:56 PM
So.... it looks as if Dave is going to use my boat for the LA boat show... it will just be a bare hull with no interior but the first 29 out of the mold is going to be all white and Dave thought that would be a little boring.....wooo hoo!!!! I'm gettin excited :D

roln 20s
01-11-2003, 11:50 PM
Awesome Charley! Congrats on that. How was the DCB trip last week? Graphics all decided and ready to roll? I can't wait to see it.
Have a good one.
Roln 20s

Charley
01-12-2003, 12:04 AM
YA.... blue flames off the front pulled back to the rear with the rear solid blue and reverse flames....like the orange and yellow pic I made in photoshop but the flames are more wispy....Carlos @ DCB did all the drawing and I sorta made suggestions along the way... :D Carlos has some talent!

roln 20s
01-12-2003, 12:10 AM
Sounds awesome, can't wait to see it.
Roln 20s

dcb 26 machman
01-14-2003, 10:23 PM
The carlos you are talking about is the guy who does the seats???

TOBTEK
01-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Charley:
YA.... blue flames off the front pulled back to the rear with the rear solid blue and reverse flames....like the orange and yellow pic I made in photoshop but the flames are more wispy....Carlos @ DCB did all the drawing and I sorta made suggestions along the way... :D Carlos has some talent! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Outboards/newdcb_1.JPG
so I see a photo shoot in the near future(big brother)! I have also heard rumors that you are now getting number two out of the new molds, and yours is gona be in the L.A boat show. Cough it chompers....we want to know :D

Havasu Hangin'
01-15-2003, 08:43 AM
dcb 26 machman:
The carlos you are talking about is the guy who does the seats??? Yeah...he is also the one who likes to wear women's clothes...

Charley
01-15-2003, 11:39 AM
Havasu Hangin':
dcb 26 machman:
The carlos you are talking about is the guy who does the seats??? Yeah...he is also the one who likes to wear women's clothes... I knew he was artsy but gees!

Charley
01-15-2003, 11:41 AM
TOBTEK:
Charley:
YA.... blue flames off the front pulled back to the rear with the rear solid blue and reverse flames....like the orange and yellow pic I made in photoshop but the flames are more wispy....Carlos @ DCB did all the drawing and I sorta made suggestions along the way... :D Carlos has some talent! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Outboards/newdcb_1.JPG
so I see a photo shoot in the near future(big brother)! I have also heard rumors that you are now getting number two out of the new molds, and yours is gona be in the L.A boat show. Cough it chompers....we want to know :D It's True :D wink #2 and bare Hull only, my 29 will attend the boat show.....expect all the lights in the booth to be pointed in that direction wink

XTRM22
01-15-2003, 11:50 AM
There are certain benefits to doing the lighting, huh Charley? Right On I can't wait to see the boat, So if your 29 is going to be ready for the LA boat show, I should be planning a deliver trip to El Cajon about the end of Feb.? Just the excuse I've been waiting for to go visit DCB!!!
CHuck :D

Charley
01-15-2003, 03:23 PM
XTRM22:
There are certain benefits to doing the lighting, huh Charley? Right On I can't wait to see the boat, So if your 29 is going to be ready for the LA boat show, I should be planning a deliver trip to El Cajon about the end of Feb.? Just the excuse I've been waiting for to go visit DCB!!!
CHuck :D You still in for that deal Chuck??? I was not pushing the issue cause i figured you might change yer mind....but if yer still offering I'm humbly, greatfully accepting! let me know .... Maybe Larry will be done by the boat show
eek!

TOBTEK
01-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Charley:
TOBTEK:
Charley:
so I see a photo shoot in the near future(big brother)! I have also heard rumors that you are now getting number two out of the new molds, and yours is gona be in the L.A boat show. Cough it chompers....we want to know :D It's True :D wink #2 and bare Hull only, my 29 will attend the boat show.....expect all the lights in the booth to be pointed in that direction wink HEY WAIT A MINUTE........dont I get any custom lighting? Just because its a crappy LITTLE 22 im already getting treated like a red headed step child... wink :D

Screaming Pete
01-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Charley, what happend to the DCB Posters is that still available

Screaming Pete
01-15-2003, 03:39 PM
I feel your pain Toby burningm

Charley
01-15-2003, 03:42 PM
Toby......... 22's are like drummers..... they don't get lighting hehehehe... Pete...posters available, I have one sitting in my office now email me yer address I'll send ya one or if you have a Fed ex acct at work wink

Screaming Pete
01-15-2003, 04:19 PM
Charley check home e mail (guest) boxed

TOBTEK
01-15-2003, 04:47 PM
Screaming Pete:
Charley, what happend to the DCB Posters is that still available posters?

XTRM22
01-16-2003, 06:09 AM
Charley:
You still in for that deal Chuck??? I was not pushing the issue cause i figured you might change yer mind....but if yer still offering I'm humbly, greatfully accepting! let me know .... Maybe Larry will be done by the boat show
eek! [/QB][/QUOTE]
Dude totally, a legitimate excuse to go to Larry's and DCB within 24hrs of eachother? I'm not just in, I'm all over it!
Chuck

DogHouse
01-16-2003, 07:43 AM
XTRM22:
Dude totally, a legitimate excuse to go to Larry's and DCB within 24hrs of eachother? I'm not just in, I'm all over it!
Chuck Could be dangerous. That sucking sound you're hearing is money flying out of your bank account!

Charley
01-16-2003, 08:46 AM
Damn Doghouse if patricia sees your post Chucks gonna have to backout !!! edit that post and tell chuck what a stud he is and how good karma always comes back :D :D

DogHouse
01-16-2003, 08:58 AM
Oops, sorry, very inconsiderate of me. What I meant to say was "that sucking sound you're hearing is money flying out of CHARLEY'S bank account!" Xtrm is just going along to support his friend in a time of need!
I can't believe I'm helping to keep one of these damn DCB threads ahead of good ole Cheetah Boats I/II/III/...! :p

XTRM22
01-17-2003, 06:00 AM
Thanks for the help Bryan, although it would have been ok any way. Around our house I spend my money any well I damn well Please!! (of course my money consists of the 2.50 a week allowance Patricia gives me) LOL
Chuck :D

Charley
01-17-2003, 06:46 AM
LMAO Chuck......Just a lil update..... we are Taping my "Flames" next Tuesday boat starts shooting Wednesday or Thursday.....IT"S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

TOBTEK
01-17-2003, 08:47 AM
Charley:
LMAO Chuck......Just a lil update..... we are Taping my "Flames" next Tuesday boat starts shooting Wednesday or Thursday.....IT"S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D VERY COOL......make sure you go down and breath down Carlos's neck while he is laying down the tape lines. and after he gets about half done say " IM NOT SURE IF I LIKE THAT" he really digs that wink :D
So, have they started the first all white F29?

mbrown2
01-17-2003, 09:47 AM
Good to hear they getting ready on yours Charley. :) ...So they are going to be able to tape, spray, and get it out of the mold, sand, ect...and have it ready for the boat show at the beginning of Feb? :confused: wink

TOBTEK
01-17-2003, 10:16 AM
mbrown2:
Good to hear they getting ready on yours Charley. :) ...So they are going to be able to tape, spray, and get it out of the mold, sand, ect...and have it ready for the boat show at the beginning of Feb? :confused: wink no doubt....that sounds like they will be burning some mid-night oil.

Screaming Pete
01-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Charley:
LMAO Chuck......Just a lil update..... we are Taping my "Flames" next Tuesday boat starts shooting Wednesday or Thursday.....IT"S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D Lets all go down thier after work with some beer and watch :p

mbrown2
01-17-2003, 12:30 PM
I would join if I were not 2.5 hours away, but they actually might need your guys help to get it done for the show.

TOBTEK
01-17-2003, 12:54 PM
im sure the DCB crew would want us or should I say me there HANGING around asking a million questions...yeahhhh right. Would be fun to watch though....

roln 20s
01-17-2003, 03:43 PM
Isn't being there, watching over the shoulder, second guessing everything, all part of the personal custom boat experience? Warning to all manufacturers: I WILL do this when I order my boat- its a promise, so be prepared :D
Roln 20s

TOBTEK
01-19-2003, 02:00 PM
OK, Sir Charles have you contracted anyone yet to build your photo diary of the new F29 yet? Thinking you need pic's each day to show us the progress......

Craig
01-19-2003, 04:15 PM
QUOTE]Lets all go down thier after work with some beer and watch :p [/QB][/QUOTE]
Yeah, they don't act like it, but they really enjoy that. Bonding with the customer. Feel free to throw out some advice on how you would do it as well :D

ROZ
01-20-2003, 01:28 AM
guess this means you decided on your gel scheme...so, what's it gonna be? :)

Charley
01-21-2003, 06:21 AM
taping got pushed back to 1/22...ROZ...wife and I agreed on Blue front flames pulled into reverse flames in the rear....solid blue transom...I know I'm gonna probably hate cleaning that! as far as breathing down Carlos' neck .......I WILL BE..... I was involved in the taping of my last boat when Joel was doing their gelcoats and I was a bit of a bitch hehehehe stakes are high here, gel coat is forever ... I'm critiquing :D !!! Tob I will be down there Tues and Wed but if you can snap photos that would be SO damned cool.....I'm gonna shoot som pics and video on wed myself :D ....BTW I got some video of bryans boat this weekend...I'll upload it soon....I might do a lil edited quicktime movie wink
[ January 21, 2003, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Charley ]