PDA

View Full Version : Outboard to Jet conversion

Statue
04-25-2006, 06:33 PM
I just bought a 21' Lavey Craft tunnel set up for an outboard. I was wondering how hard it would be to convert it to a BB jet? I was thinking that by the time I purchased a Jack Plate and Hydrolic steering set up, I would be into it about $1500.00. Just a thought. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, wes

NELSON#109
04-25-2006, 07:49 PM
i have a nice, fresh, berk split bowl JG, with an alum A impelor that might work great in it. powder coated metalic candy blue. has place diverter too. even have an intake!!!!! was thinkin i would sell it all in pieces, but who knows, its all togather right now.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-25-2006, 09:05 PM
i have a nice, fresh, berk split bowl JG, with an alum A impelor that might work great in it. powder coated metalic candy blue. has place diverter too. even have an intake!!!!! was thinkin i would sell it all in pieces, but who knows, its all togather right now.
Watch the spam, some of these peeps start thier periods in here if you say too much :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bigblockbill
04-26-2006, 06:23 AM
Its not too bad of a job. Just got to get someone who knows what they are doing to set the intake. After that its just all the stuff to mount the motor and change the interior around a little. The well in the back where the OB motor tilts into may be somewhat of a problem.

old rigger
04-26-2006, 08:45 AM
You have a bracket like this one on the boat now? This is another lavey tunnel for sale on the net. If you make the switch, I'm looking for an old bracket. :)
http://www.boatsellersonline.com/pb/images/202734-20-5.jpg

455Rocket
04-26-2006, 10:50 AM
I'll trade you my jet for your whacker... you must REALLY like jets...

probablecause
04-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Watch the spam, some of these peeps start thier periods in here if you say too much :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Classic!

Statue
04-26-2006, 03:14 PM
The boat is a theft recovery. It is basically an empty hull. There is no bracket for the engine on the boat. I spoke to Jack at MPD this afternoon and he said that he would do the jet install/conversion for between $600 and $720. I have a rebuilt Johnson 235 but was thinking that the outboard just lacks the "cool factor" of a big block jet. I will need an engine, mounts and pump if anyone has a screamin deal please PM me. I mght be better off to find a complete running jet boat and rob the parts from it. What do you guys think?

andy01
04-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Don't make it a jet, it will be slower, use more gas and have twice the hp and you will be gaining NOTHING. Just put a outboard back on it and drive it. F the cool factor. If you want cool factor buy a pickle fork or flat bottom, or a big ass cat.
Andy

poncho-pwr
04-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Check your PMs Statue.