PDA

View Full Version : Dog Police

Not So Fast
04-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Sat. we were fortunate enough to get a spot on the beach in Steamboat as it was pretty crowded. Having a nice time when in pulled the tin-can pontoon with two dogs. Now I am not anti-dog but it's not for me. If you want to have your Great Dane standing on your engine cover while you cruise the channel then so be it, live and let live right? Cool, and the folks even kept the little Beagles on a rope, unfortunately it was about 25" long and they kept coming over to pee in front of our boat where the grand daughter was playing in the sand, I politely shoosed them away a couple of times and continued BS'ing about whatever, I look over and the little shit head is standing on my front swimstep, sand every where. I told the folks this had to stop and they were nice about it and shortened up the ropes while telling me how nice my boat was!! My point is " if you have to bring your damn dog then keep them on your own damn boat, PLEASE, it gets real old having to watch over your boat or the kids so they dont play in dog crap or have dogs climb on your boat. Cant we all just get along! :argue: NSF

phebus
04-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Another case of irresponsible people. Where is the consideration? They shouldn't have needed to be told to shorten the lead. All they needed to do was take their heads out of their asses, and they'd have realized their dog was bothering others.

6 Dollar Boat
04-17-2005, 04:38 PM
I also had a problem with a dog owner Fri in the channel, and you can tell by my sig that I don't hate dogs.
I was pulling into a spot in the channel big enough for 2 boats. There were 2 couples sitting in chairs in the spot, so I didn't want to pull right up in front of them. I split the spot so they could see past my boat. The couple on the left had a dog swimming at the shore, I figured the dog would move as I slowly aproached the beach. The dogs owner pulled on the dog but the dog wouldn't budge, I hit the sand and just missed their dog. The wife on the beach started talking sh!t, so I apologized and said I thought the dog was going to move away. She started to talk more sh!t, so I mentioned that pets are not allowed in the channel. She said she has seen a bunch of dogs in the channel. So I told her to turn around and look at the sign...NO PETS.
When another boat wanted to park next to me they gave him a bunch of crap too.

phebus
04-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Poor dog, it got stuck with stupid owners!!

tmatson
04-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Hopefully one day these poor unfortunate animals will have owners who are smarter. Certainly not entirely the animal's fault. I often think that 1/2 the pet owners really don't care if something happens to the animal - they'll just go buy another. :mad:

LHC30Victory
04-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Come on Scott, I saw you make a hard u-turn when you saw that kind - minding it's own business - puppy just chillin in the water by it's master. You didn't have to hit the throttles so hard that it barely had time to move! You almost got doggie blood on a sponson :chi:
And then to give those nice, polite people such a hard time, I mean shoot, pointing to a sign and all, didn't you realize they couldn't read! :supp:
Kinda makes ya wonder what people are thinking. It was so amazing I almost forgot all about Kilr's DCB BOOSTER SEAT :D and how he was going to re route the water spit out of those wackas so that it goes up like a LAKE LICE!

hot_diggity_dog
04-17-2005, 04:52 PM
I also had a problem with a dog owner Fri in the channel, and you can tell by my sig that I don't hate dogs.
I was pulling into a spot in the channel big enough for 2 boats. There were 2 couples sitting in chairs in the spot, so I didn't want to pull right up in front of them. I split the spot so they could see past my boat. The couple on the left had a dog swimming at the shore, I figured the dog would move as I slowly aproached the beach. The dogs owner pulled on the dog but the dog wouldn't budge, I hit the sand and just missed their dog. The wife on the beach started talking sh!t, so I apologized and said I thought the dog was going to move away. She started to talk more sh!t, so I mentioned that pets are not allowed in the channel. She said she has seen a bunch of dogs in the channel. So I told her to turn around and look at the sign...NO PETS.
What about the time you ran my dog over?
I see a pattern hear Scott!
HDD

Kilrtoy
04-17-2005, 08:14 PM
OH AND IT GOT WORSE.......
So then you leave and they are still talking shit, AGAIN....
Now TWINMACHDCB26 comes pulling in ....
Well one of the wacka's die and the boat goes sideways.. Now they start in on him..... These were local Havasu troll trash .... They finally left, but they were pricks.......

WetWillie
04-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Should have got a BIG single@! :cool:
OH AND IT GOT WORSE.......
So then you leave and they are still talking shit, AGAIN....
Now TWINMACHDCB26 comes pulling in ....
Well one of the wacka's die and the boat goes sideways.. Now they start in on him..... These were local Havasu troll trash .... They finally left, but they were pricks.......

77charger
04-17-2005, 08:19 PM
the folks even kept the little Beagles on a rope, unfortunately it was about 25" long and they kept coming over to pee in front of our boat
you must have been very very close 25 inches is like 2 feet or did you meana 25ft rope they were on. :D

PHOTOGLOU
04-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Just bring a little ex lax for a doggie treat it will be the last time they bring the dog on the boat I'm sure.................... :D :D :D .............................I AM JUST KIDDING it sounded funny when I thought of it

Boy Named Sue
04-17-2005, 10:00 PM
you must have been very very close 25 inches is like 2 feet. :D
I should have kept my ex on a leash that long. Then I wouldn't have caught her squatting on the neighbor('s boat). :cry:

Not So Fast
04-18-2005, 06:55 AM
[QUOTE=77charger]you must have been very very close 25 inches is like 2 feet or did you meana 25ft rope they were on. :D[/QUOTE
Sorry about that 77, yes 25' rope, 25" would be about right though, that way they would stay in thier boat or hang themselves getting out, the little darlings! NSF :D

Havasu_Dreamin
04-18-2005, 07:12 AM
We were down in Steamboat on Saturday and some guy was walking his dog along the beach, no leash, and as he passed a boat his dog jumped up on the bow of the boat. :2purples: :eek: :2purples: . He immediately got removed the dog and was apologizing to the people. From what was explained to me the boat was a rented Commander so they may not have cared, but still. I don't understand, our friends that bring their dog always are aware of where it is at and the dog knows not to get in another boat.

Ducatista
04-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Poor dog, it got stuck with stupid owners!!
Exactly, sums it up right there.