PDA

View Full Version : Western Wa. American Lake Users!!!!!!!!

72 superlite
04-17-2005, 09:00 PM
The city of Lakewood is holding a city council meeting tomorrow night, Monday the 18th, at 7:00 pm, to discuss establishing a speed limit on American Lake and tighter noise restrictions. According to a survey on the city's web site they are in favor of a noise limit in the 70 to 75 db range. They also seem to be in favor of doing away with the open test periods they have for raceboats. Wednesdays and Saturdays the lake is open to testing from 10 am til 1 pm and has been for as long as I've been around ( 37 years ). We went through the noise deal with them 3 or 4 years ago, when the wanted to ban any watercraft with above the waterline exhaust. They tabled that when they realized that, that would include several types of boats, not just those with over the transom headers. Don't know yet if I'll make the meeting.
Rick

CircleJerk
04-17-2005, 10:40 PM
Ya, ask flatrat about the whoopla going on at lake Whitcome where he lives. Same thing even to the point of banning ALL power boats and no shore improvements period! The liberals are known to frequent your side of the state, so start ducking! Or move over to the Red side of Washington....so far it isnt that crazy yet! Hows the boat coming?

72 superlite
04-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Hey Jerk, whats new? My boat is an oilchange from being lake ready. Might have to haul it over there to use it. Need any help at the Sammamish and Black Lake races? Whats going on with your fleet? How many boats racing this season? Post the schedule again please.
Rick

CircleJerk
04-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Hi Rick....You have got me beat bad! I wont make Sammamish at this rate. All my motor stuff is back from the balancer and I pick up the polished casale Saturday. Just dont know if I can swing it especially since this boat hasnt run in three years.
We need to know how low the lake is with the poor water levels. Launching may be better or worse depending on that shore erosion and mud conditions. The promoter is concerned. We should have our happy twenty flats with a new Sanger K boat running Ford power! They can run just about anything in the new Vintage Class, similar to APBA. I guess half the field will try this out and drop out of the brackets. Oh, they also voted on a flag start with NO clock for this exhibition style wild run what ya brung do dah. If you havent checked out our new web site try www.nwh2oracer.com for the new schedule and flat bottom news. Call me if you have questions.

mcfrance
04-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Lake Sammamish is doing pretty good for water. Over the winter, it did not get as high as it usually does (no big surprise there), but I am sure it will have as much water this summer as it normally does. The lake's level is somewhat controlled by Lake Washington, so that should ensure a good lake level. It is higher now than it normally is in the summer.

RaysonKid
04-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Rick,
Did you make it to the meeting?
Let us know if you hear any thing or how the boaters turn out was.

72 superlite
04-21-2005, 08:50 PM
As printed in the Tacoma News Tribune, 4/21/05. "The city council of Lakewood unanimously passed a speed limit and noise reduction for American Lake."
"The new speed limit is 60 mph most of the year and 45 mph on weekends and summer holidays. The council also reduced the legal noise level from 88 to 70/75 decibels."
Not sure exactly what 70/75 means. I plan on getting by the city hall and picking up the full text of the ordinance. According to whats printed in the legal notices section of the paper, these changes go into effect 5 days after the publishing of the ordinance summary. So 5 days from today.
You can get your copy of the ordinance from the City Clerks Office, Lakewood City Hall, 6000 Main Street SW, Lakewood Wa 98499, or call 253-589-2489. A copy will be mailed out upon request. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: