PDA

View Full Version : Sobriety check point

framer1
04-18-2005, 06:08 AM
Sunday after boating at Lake Nacimiento the police had set up a sobriety check point coming in to town, be carefull they are starting early this year. The day passes jump to 200.00 this year too. That was from 125.00.

redneckgirl
04-18-2005, 07:01 AM
Bruce, Did you go through the check point or take Vine street??? Doug said I am ok and he had been drinking coffee in the truck... so we went throgh it and got waved on...the guy behind us pulling a Laveycraft got stopped!!! Hope he did ok!!! :D
We were very surprised they did it on a Sunday night...I wonder if they did it Saturday evening also!!!!!
RNG

Big Warlock
04-18-2005, 08:58 AM
A day pass is $200.00?? :messedup:

Beer-30
04-18-2005, 09:02 AM
A day pass is $200.00?? :messedup:
Yeah, did I "hear" that right?

4-B
04-18-2005, 09:08 AM
What do you get for $200.00 ??

Kilrtoy
04-18-2005, 11:18 AM
I think what he means is dont drink and drive

redneckgirl
04-18-2005, 11:21 AM
He is talking about the annual "day use" pass for Naci is $200.00 :rolleyes: :yuk: :D
RNG

mirvin
04-18-2005, 11:27 AM
So let me get this straight. It will cost me $200 to drink and drive at Naciemento this year?? Does that get me on the water or just through the checkpoint????
mirvin :wink:

JetBoatRich
04-18-2005, 11:29 AM
So let me get this straight. It will cost me $200 to drink and drive at Naciemento this year?? Does that get me on the water or just through the checkpoint????
mirvin :wink:
Mirvin, just be careful how and where you pass people :rolleyes: and you will be alright :rolleyes:

Jbb
04-18-2005, 11:30 AM
lol.....Here the yearly pass for every lake and park in the entire State is $35... :D

mirvin
04-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Mirvin, just be careful how and where you pass people :rolleyes: and you will be alright :rolleyes:
Ohhh, that's cold....:220v:
You should've just said "don't drive if you've been drinking and you'll be alright"..... :boxed:
mirvin :p

Speedin' Ian
04-18-2005, 11:48 AM
A couple years ago I was leaving the Narrows on Labor Day in our Mastercraft, we had about six people in the boat, I was driving and boat cop lights me up. Ask me to climb in his boat and wants to know how much I had to drink that day, I tell him I didn't drink anything, but since are boat had a ton of empties he's not buying it. He makes me blow into the machine and then him and his partner look at each other and seem to be confused, he then tells me how much he appreciates me being a sober driver and gives me a pass for free camping. But the kicker is the next day he pulled me over again, WTF!!! Luckily I never drink and drive :)

jackpunx
04-18-2005, 11:59 AM
A couple years ago I was leaving the Narrows on Labor Day in our Mastercraft, we had about six people in the boat, I was driving and boat cop lights me up. Ask me to climb in his boat and wants to know how much I had to drink that day, I tell him I didn't drink anything, but since are boat had a ton of empties he's not buying it. He makes me blow into the machine and then him and his partner look at each other and seem to be confused, he then tells me how much he appreciates me being a sober driver and gives me a pass for free camping. But the kicker is the next day he pulled me over again, WTF!!! Luckily I never drink and drive :)
Thats the way it should be..
Im happy they have the check points.. If your drunk.. you shouldnt be driving into town.. and if your shitfaced drunk like most of the people I see in the narrows.. You shouldnt be driving a boat..
Just find your self a DD that you trust and switch days with them.. You drink one day and they drink the next..

Scream
04-18-2005, 12:01 PM
But the kicker is the next day he pulled me over again,
Musta took a shine to ya...lol
Maybe he had a lot of the camping passes and needed to get rid of them. Hunt him down from now on and get to camp for free...
Scream

Sherpa
04-18-2005, 01:25 PM
quite a different story, but the local ranger-boat cop at Bucks Lake, likes
to drive around and when he spots kids all wearing their jackets, he gives
them lolipops........ he always finds my kids, they really like him......
but he did write me for my past- stickers on the boat... the new ones were
at home and I couldn't find them before we went camping......
--Sherpa

HCS
04-18-2005, 01:30 PM
They have suprise check points on the way home from the river here in
Sacramento where I live.
I have two ways around them.
One is don't drink.
The other one is, get plastered and let the wife drive. She quit drinking. :cool:

jackpunx
04-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Hey Boatcop,
This is a great idea.. you should give your guys a cooler full of water, sodas, redbulls etc..
and lollypops..
Oh.. and free launch passes..lol
Seriously..
This is a great idea.. Maybe even have something printed up.. A nice thank you from all of us for being smart enough to have a DD..
Its positive re enforcement.. i think it would go a long way..
Let me know if I can help in any way
Mark

moneypit
04-18-2005, 01:52 PM
I have been pulled over on the way to Naci. I passed over a double yellow. I was behind a Motorhome traveling about 2mph. Cool guy. Got a ticket though.

Boatcop
04-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Hey Boatcop,
This is a great idea.. you should give your guys a cooler full of water, sodas, redbulls etc..
and lollypops..
Oh.. and free launch passes..lol
Seriously..
This is a great idea.. Maybe even have something printed up.. A nice thank you from all of us for being smart enough to have a DD..
Its positive re enforcement.. i think it would go a long way..
Let me know if I can help in any way
Mark
We've done that before with kids and PFDs. A few years ago we handed out T-Shirts and coupons for ice-cream at McDonalds, Dairy Queen, or A & W.
We're in the process of getting that set-up again for this year, budget permitting.
Maybe we'll get something going with Karen's or Kahuna's for a free cup of Java for DDs.

Chase
04-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Budgets are probably tight...would local businesses go for some type of sponshorship program, where they supplied these type of coupons (or whatever)...it could be both an advertising idea plus a posistive law enforcement program..??

Tom Brown
04-18-2005, 02:14 PM
I think what he means is dont drink and drive
... and if you do get all hammered out of your head on the water... have a couple of cups of coffee before you drive. You can't be too safe. :D

jackpunx
04-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Budgets are probably tight...would local businesses go for some type of sponshorship program, where they supplied these type of coupons (or whatever)...it could be both an advertising idea plus a posistive law enforcement program..??
Absolutely..
BC..
Let me know if you need me to run around a little for you guys to try to promote this to the local business.. I think its a great idea and would love to help.
Mark

Tom Brown
04-18-2005, 02:19 PM
We had one of those deals in Regina a few years ago. I got pulled over at check stop one Christmas and was given a coffee mug with one of the local radio station's logo on it. It's a cool idea.

Chase
04-18-2005, 02:22 PM
I am getting the impression that canatards aren't retards....

GHTRIM
04-18-2005, 02:24 PM
lol.....Here the yearly pass for every lake and park in the entire State is $35... :D
I'm suprised they would pay $35 for the entire state... Seems a little steep. :rolleyes:

deltarat
04-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Thats the way it should be..
Im happy they have the check points.. If your drunk.. you shouldnt be driving into town.. and if your shitfaced drunk like most of the people I see in the narrows.. You shouldnt be driving a boat..
Just find your self a DD that you trust and switch days with them.. You drink one day and they drink the next..
If you plan this right it works out real well. You go out on Sat. and stay sober, then on Sunday you drink to your hearts content. When the day is done not only do you have a great buzz, but your sober buddy gets to tow home from the lake while you nap.

jackpunx
04-18-2005, 03:04 PM
If you plan this right it works out real well. You go out on Sat. and stay sober, then on Sunday you drink to your hearts content. When the day is done not only do you have a great buzz, but your sober buddy gets to tow home from the lake while you nap.
LOL. I see you have done this before.. :)