PDA

View Full Version : Mrs. Chase's first time....

Chase
04-18-2005, 09:16 AM
So me and the Mrs. headed to the lake for the first time this season and everything was great...nice weather and the boat worked great. So we are one of like 3 boats on the lake so needless to say it wasn't very busy. My wife felt she wanted to man the truck this time, while I waited with the boat...I am thinking this is great, since I have always encouraged her to be the one in the truck...backing loading etc....in case something ever happened to me where i was unable to drive.
Anyway one of the 3 boaters decided to leave his friggen truck/trailer right there on the loading ramp...instead of walking 100 feet to the parking lot....needless to say my wife is having issues backing down and getting by this other guys truck....since it was her first time putting the trailer in the water. In the mean time this guy shows up who ownes the truck that is parked there, and says to my wife who is a little frustrated "I don't know why you can't back that thing down there??" I would have like to have been there, since my wife doesn't take crap from anyone...she answered him politely that this was her first time and that perhaps if he moved his truck she would be fine....so this guy moves his truck about ten feet and then comes and starts squakin at my wife telling her to get out of HER truck so he could drive...
It was then she told the guy right where to go and how to get there...and backed the trailer into the water... We cheered from the boat to extend encouragement to my spousal unit and drove the boat onto the trailer...she did good, regardless of the other factors...
My wife said, yep first time out, and there dock rage already..
I just want to say congrats Mrs. Chase for voluntarily taking the truck for the first time and WAY TO GO!!!!

riverroyal
04-18-2005, 09:22 AM
a-hole on every lake,,,,,my wifes just learning the truck/trailer routine,,,at havasu springs a few weeks back she had to back between 2 rigs,in the middle of the ramp,there was the usual drinking crowd in golfcarts watching the ramp action,,,she nailed it,we had the boat on the trailer and driving away while the out GUYS were still trying to get on the trailers,,,she got a standing applause from the crowd,it was classic,,,

Captain Dan
04-18-2005, 09:23 AM
What king of a friggin' moron would hassle a woman on the ramp? Offer help would be the right approach, or leave her alone and mind your own business.
The guy was probably jealous that he couldn't get his own wife to get the trailer.
My wife learned how to launch and retrieve last year and it's the best! I hope your wife keeps it up - ignore the idiots.

Chase
04-18-2005, 09:27 AM
She is an awesome driver...both truck and boat. I was so happy when I asked her yesterday "truck or boat?" she said truck....I said take your time, since it is not busy.....and the other encouraging things...and when she was done she was so happy, and said next time will be better. I was kinda expecting "I will never do that again"....

carbonmarine
04-18-2005, 09:34 AM
HAVE YOUR WOMAN PRACTICE ON A WEEKDAY TIL THEY GET IT RIGHT ... DONT WASTE YOUR FELLOW BOATERS PRECIOUS TIME... Get a friend, that's what they are for ...... :devil:
All this is a Akin to wives on the Fareway, Greens .. Its all the same story.
Some pussified dork with no pals has to include his " Better Half " in evertything he does....
** Cant stand retards & CANATARDS on the ramp ! LOL........

riverroyal
04-18-2005, 09:39 AM
i think he said there was 3 other boats,,,good time to practice i think,,,, or maybe we are all rich and dont work and practice all day,or maybe she will "accidentally" back the trailer into some jerks truck in the parking lot and leave a nice note tellin them to relax next time,its only boating

Chase
04-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Did you happen to read how many other boaters were out there...including us??? :eat: It might as well been a "weekday" and she has to learn sometime...
My point was taken clearly here by river royal...and I am thinking you would be the one out there heckling her.... :hammer2:

Throttle
04-18-2005, 09:40 AM
I'm with you on this one...
I am launching my new boat and gf not comfortable helping out yet... I get the boat on the water and tie it to the dock... as I am walking back to my truck (yes) on the launch ramp with trailer still in water and this guy offers to help by pulling my truck up for me.
I make it clear to this guy that I was grateful for his assistance and that I was sorry to have kept him waiting... He adds his opinion about why don't I teach gf to help...
I move the truck to the parkin lot and get back to find he has given his opinion to my gf.
Way to start the day bro....

riverroyal
04-18-2005, 09:47 AM
for us,me and wife,I let her tow the boat around town everything,she is doing great,but unlike guys she gets nervous because of the jerks on the ramp,not the driving part,she doenst wanna piss anyone off or slow anyone up,thats because shes nice like that,,,,,also add the price up for the whole set up,,not bragging but somewhere around 150k,who wouldnt be a bit nervous,,,,also"bring a friend" was said,In my life my wife is my best friend,why bring someone else?

Kim Hanson
04-18-2005, 10:03 AM
So me and the Mrs. headed to the lake for the first time this season and everything was great...nice weather and the boat worked great. So we are one of like 3 boats on the lake so needless to say it wasn't very busy. My wife felt she wanted to man the truck this time, while I waited with the boat...I am thinking this is great, since I have always encouraged her to be the one in the truck...backing loading etc....in case something ever happened to me where i was unable to drive.
Anyway one of the 3 boaters decided to leave his friggen truck/trailer right there on the loading ramp...instead of walking 100 feet to the parking lot....needless to say my wife is having issues backing down and getting by this other guys truck....since it was her first time putting the trailer in the water. In the mean time this guy shows up who ownes the truck that is parked there, and says to my wife who is a little frustrated "I don't know why you can't back that thing down there??" I would have like to have been there, since my wife doesn't take crap from anyone...she answered him politely that this was her first time and that perhaps if he moved his truck she would be fine....so this guy moves his truck about ten feet and then comes and starts squakin at my wife telling her to get out of HER truck so he could drive...
It was then she told the guy right where to go and how to get there...and backed the trailer into the water... We cheered from the boat to extend encouragement to my spousal unit and drove the boat onto the trailer...she did good, regardless of the other factors...
My wife said, yep first time out, and there dock rage already..
I just want to say congrats Mrs. Chase for voluntarily taking the truck for the first time and WAY TO GO!!!!
Thats great to hear, Marcy won't do anything but drive iy away from the launch...........( . )( . )........... :cool:

Mrs. 4-B
04-18-2005, 10:11 AM
HAVE YOUR WOMAN PRACTICE ON A WEEKDAY TIL THEY GET IT RIGHT ... DONT WASTE YOUR FELLOW BOATERS PRECIOUS TIME... Get a friend, that's what they are for ...... :devil:
Some pussified dork with no pals has to include his " Better Half " in evertything he does....
So...you were never new at this? You were probably one of the guys next to me when I was backing our rig down and you forgot to put in your plug and almost lost your boat!
You deserve a lot of crap for your kind of attitude. :yuk:

Captain Dan
04-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Dick

Mrs. 4-B
04-18-2005, 10:13 AM
BTW - Way to go Mrs. Chase! Keep up the good work! :cool:

carbonmarine
04-18-2005, 10:15 AM
lol........... :coffeycup

Badger301
04-18-2005, 10:36 AM
I'm in the process of teaching my wife how to handle the truck/trailer and were using two way radio's. She just jumps in and turns it on. It seems to work out for us.

Scream
04-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Good for you. My wife used to drive the boat when it was only 19', now she doesn't want anything to do with it, and drives the truck. She does ok, she does need some more practice, but she does ok.

Chase
04-18-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm in the process of teaching my wife how to handle the truck/trailer and were using two way radio's. She just jumps in and turns it on. It seems to work out for us.
Good idea...this will be what I do next time...that way if she doesn't want to hear what i have to say, she can turn off the radio...... :mad:

Tom Brown
04-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Did you happen to read how many other boaters were out there...including us???
I didn't know carbonmarine is familiar with Blackstrap. :D :D :D
Good for her. I admire you for being so supportive. :cool:
I'll bet after you got home, you sawed her in half with your cock. There's nothing more erotic than a competent woman. :cool:

Chase
04-18-2005, 11:25 AM
He is apparently...you know how the line ups at the docks there can get...especially when the dock isn't even in the water yet...... :confused:
As far as the woodworking...well Tom I hardly know you, so I can't comment.. :smile:

Tom Brown
04-18-2005, 11:31 AM
He is apparently...you know how the line ups at the docks there can get...
I thought I did. As I recall, Blackstrap is a little less congested on April 17th than Havasu is on Memorial day weekend.
...especially when the dock isn't even in the water yet...... :confused:
I find it way more difficult before the docks are in. I'm not bad at that now but the first few times I tried it without a dock, I had to struggle a bit. If the ramp is real wide, that makes it even worse.
Good job, Mrs. Chase. :cool:
As far as the woodworking...well Tom I hardly know you, so I can't comment.. :smile:
More than enough said. :cool:
:D :D :D

Krazy K
04-18-2005, 11:32 AM
I see you are from Newport Beach...'nuff said! :eat: It's all "ME ME ME ME ME"

spectras only
04-18-2005, 12:34 PM
I understand your frustruation at the ramps [ we have jetski guys taking up the ramps loading their stuff in their trucks sometimes :rolleyes: ] . I probably had a boat before you were born ;) ,but still can't lunch my boat and park my truck without tying up at the dock :rollside: .I mention this ,cause some wise young guys [ there were 4 of them handy to do their lunching] gave me a lecture on how to lunch without tying up. Mind you ,I could have asked my then 8 year old son to take over the wheel :p, and let him pull away till I get back from my truck . Maybe should have just let the boat drift and swim to it after I parked :rollside: People are just way too impatient to get on the water sometime . Sh...t, I can't wait to get her wet next saturday :D

Procraftkev
04-18-2005, 01:04 PM
Great job Mrs Chase It only takes a little pratice! My wife handles all the truck dutys at the ramp and I must say shes as good as any guy.Most of the time our boat is on the trailer and were gone before the other guys and I like it like that! That carbon guy must not have a good wife to be part of his crew thats to bad. :cool:

Chase
04-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Just to update...Mrs. Chase is doing great at this...only a couple more times and she is doing so good. Seems to be much more confident and is much faster at getting it in and out.... :D ...the trailer I mean.

Mandelon
04-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Good for you. My wife used to drive the boat when it was only 19', now she doesn't want anything to do with it, and drives the truck. She does ok, she does need some more practice, but she does ok.
Uh.....who got it stuck in the sand at the Nautical last summer?????? :hammer2: :eek:

fourspeednup
04-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Did anyone else notice that carbonmarine was joking? Jeez guys, gettin them panties all bunched up is gonna restrict circulation down there :D